The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Yay, nice to see you back Stevie, I've missed your posts :) Don't beat yourself up too much, we're all human at the end of day, we all gain from time to time.

I soooo agree with Lily & Jennie though, bodymagic definitely helps alot! And you know what, it makes me feel soo happy after I've smashed an hour in the gym, even when I look like a drowned rat because I'm sweating so much that my hair is soaking :giggle:

Another suggestion is to use 5syns on a week day, then a chunk of syns on Fri / Sat & Sun? I know that's kind've like weekly syns but it's tweeked a bit?

Anyway, in 13 weeks you can definitely be at target, no questions asked. Good luck lass, I'm behind you 100% :) xxx

How about a change to Weight watchers for a little while Stevie, going to try it myself after being off the wagon for about 2 months and gaining over a stone :eek:

I too love SW and it has helped me be so much healthier but feel I need to try something different so I don't push the boundaries too much and have a bit of flexibility.

I wonder if it would suit you better for your weekends etc at the moment, your lifestyle has changed a lot and maybe sw just doesn't fit it as well now?

Agree about the exercise also though I know in the past you have given reasons for not wanting to do it but despite my epic fail with food recently I have tried to set myself a couple of exercise goals to give me some sense of control and it has helped me feel better about myself...I even tried pole dancing on Sunday :p

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I don't want you all to think I have instantly dismissed them, but they are things I've already given some thought to myself.

With regards to Body Magic, my losses are ALWAYS crap when I exercise. I'm already demotivated enough as it is at the moment, I really don't think I could bare it. My original plan was to get to target and then introduce some Body Magic as a way of tonight up / getting rid of some inches. That way, I'd already be at target and therefore my losses wouldn't necessarily be so critical, as I'd just be aiming to maintain anyway.

I have also thought of switching it up and moving to another plan for a little while. However, I have done Weight Watchers in the past (before Slimming World) and I just didn't like it. I know things have changed a lot since then, but it's just not something that floats my boat. I was even tempted to dabble in SlimFast and even signed up to their website, but later decided against it.

I've been with Warren for almost 9 months now, so it's not the whole relationship thing which is having this affect on me, because I've only been off plan for 1 of those months. The rest of the time I've been doing just grand. But there is obviously something hindering me at the moment. And this is something I need to figure out.

I really, really appreciate the support and comments you guys. I know sometimes it may seem like I am just ignoring you all lol, but I'm not, honestly! I've read and taken in everything you have all said. Weighed up the pro's and con's, etc.

For me this really is the Last Chance Saloon. My consultant, Nic, is E-mailing me the stuff regarding Fast Forward (I think I have a copy at home, but wanted to be on the safe side) so that's my plan for this week, starting tomorrow. Today will just be a normal day, on plan though. That being said, I've not eaten anything yet. Warren is coming for tea tonight and it's going to be pizza chicken, so that's good and all on plan. Just need to resist chocolate and sweeties afterwards.

Really really need to do this. Need to think of that holiday in just over 13 weeks time. If I go looking like this I will be mistaken for a beached whale!!

I agree with this. It's made a massive difference to my body shape, confidence and attitude to weight loss.

Yeah you used to do classes a while ago Didnt you hun ????

You can do this look how many people you have supporting you !!!

How's about getting yourself a mega gorgeous outfit/bikini for your hols and hanging it up so you can see it or put a piccy off that hotel on the fridge/cupboard for inspiration ??? X

Stevie just wanted to wish you the best of luck this week. Just take each day as it comes and make sure you've got lots of slimming world friendly foods around you. It's always easier to resist the naughties when you've got something yummy and healthy to look forward to.

You've shown you can have great losses with slimming world, you just need to get your head back into the 'zone', which is sometimes easier said than done. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself with targets and things, I always find when I think too much about the long term it throws me off.

Please don't put yourself down by saying you don't want to be a whale on the beach, you were beautiful even at your highest weight. I know you'll look amazing, having a holiday to look forward to is always a great motivator for me!

Take care, be kind to yourself and have a great week xx

Yeah you used to do classes a while ago Didnt you hun ????

You can do this look how many people you have supporting you !!!

How's about getting yourself a mega gorgeous outfit/bikini for your hols and hanging it up so you can see it or put a piccy off that hotel on the fridge/cupboard for inspiration ??? X

Funny you mention that, I bought a gorgeous bikini in Primark yesterday. It was before we even booked our holiday - I went in to look for a new bag and purse but it caught my eye and I couldn't resist! I also have a gorgeous (size 12!!) Topshop bikini I bought a while ago hoping that I'd get a summer holiday, and whilst I was shopping in the Metro Centre on Saturday I got a gorgeous pair of denim shorts embellished with cute little daisies and also a cute Guns & Roses playsuit - both in a size 12. They fit me now, but if I carry on the way I am going I will be busting out of them very very shortly. So they shall be my inspiration - I am going to keep thinking of them packed away under my bed ready for hols. I want to fit into them but more importantly I want to look and feel great in them too! I want Warren to be proud of me and the way I look on his arm when we go away. Not to feel like he is petting Shamu lol x

I understand what you mean about not seeing the scales go down with body magic, mine bounce about all over the place, but just thinking for your holiday it would really change your body? But it's completely up to you and not for everyone.

Can you not get rid of the chocolates and sweets? I know warren might want them, but it'd do no harm if he didn't have them... Lol. That's how we shop in our house, I get all my things and the OH can have my stuff or he can buy his own as and when and eat it straight away. Haha. The only things I do allow him to have are crisps but thats because I'm not fussed about them.

I understand what you mean about not seeing the scales go down with body magic, mine bounce about all over the place, but just thinking for your holiday it would really change your body? But it's completely up to you and not for everyone.

Can you not get rid of the chocolates and sweets? I know warren might want them, but it'd do no harm if he didn't have them... Lol. That's how we shop in our house, I get all my things and the OH can have my stuff or he can buy his own as and when and eat it straight away. Haha. The only things I do allow him to have are crisps but thats because I'm not fussed about them.

Definitely against the whole Body Magic thing. I mean, I know it may change my shape, but at the end of the day I'm going to Slimming World to lose weight and see the numbers on the scales drop. And if that's not going to happen then it's totally pointless. As I say, I definitely think it's something I'll change once I get to target, or even once I get a lot closer to it. But I just don't feel it's right for me at the moment.

With regards to chocolate etc. it's a bit of a funny one. I need to have all of these things in the house because if I don't, that's when I start to crave them. It's a bit like a comfort blanket, knowing that if I get the urge for something I know that theres something nice but SW friendly in the cupboard that I can have. The trouble is that these treats have not been SW friendly lately and there have been far too many of them. I also don't want to even make the suggestion that Warren doesn't have them, that's totally not fair. It's not his problem I'm a greedy pig lol! There's always going to be temptation around me - if it's not coming from him, it will come from somewhere else. I can't just keep running from it forever, it's something that I need to just be around and learn to live with. To rebuild my motivation. I always used to be able to resist when Warren was having chinese, chocolate, sweets, alcohol, etc. But at the minute for some reason I just can't.

It sounds really cliche, and I'm sure you're all thinking "heard it all before", but I really do feel like this holiday has given me the motivation I need. It repulses me and actually makes me feel scared to go away looking the way I do now. I don't want anyone to see me in a bikini with this body, let alone Warren. I'll feel like I've let him down as well as myself. The next 13 weeks are crucial, and I can't afford to let anything get in my way. I need to do this once and for all x

Funny you mention that, I bought a gorgeous bikini in Primark yesterday. It was before we even booked our holiday - I went in to look for a new bag and purse but it caught my eye and I couldn't resist! I also have a gorgeous (size 12!!) Topshop bikini I bought a while ago hoping that I'd get a summer holiday, and whilst I was shopping in the Metro Centre on Saturday I got a gorgeous pair of denim shorts embellished with cute little daisies and also a cute Guns & Roses playsuit - both in a size 12. They fit me now, but if I carry on the way I am going I will be busting out of them very very shortly. So they shall be my inspiration - I am going to keep thinking of them packed away under my bed ready for hols. I want to fit into them but more importantly I want to look and feel great in them too! I want Warren to be proud of me and the way I look on his arm when we go away. Not to feel like he is petting Shamu lol x

There you go hun get them out try them on even or take photos off you in them now and how you feel in them and if you don't feel great then that will spur you on !!!

YOU CAN DO THIS HUN !!!!!!
Just think off cocktails on the beach with your man in the sun !!!! :)

Honey, don't say things like that about yourself. You're being so hard on yourself and it makes me sad. You'll get there, you're taking responsibility when you fall off the wagon and trying to get back on it. I know Warren would never think of you having let him down, not at all. I'm sure he feels like the cat who has got the cream having you, you beautiful girl. I personally think there's nothing better than bikini body motivation! Maybe I should have booked a beach hol!! Xx

Afternoon PS :), x

So happy you've decided on Fast Forward, a girl in my group did it not so long ago and she lost 6lbs in one week ! :eek: :D It's a fab way to kick start those losses again. I think your onto a winner ! Good luck with it hun, I know you'll do smashing at next weigh in. I've moved to Thursday mornings now, my C has closed our Tuesday group because she didn't have enough numbers :rolleyes:. It's going to feel strange not weighing in with you and Em's, it will take some getting used to, your both such an inspiration to me, I will continue to follow you both on your journeys and keep in touch. Hope you have a lovely day sweetie and good luck ;) xx .

Thanks Jennie, really needed that. I know I can do this, I totally know that. I wouldn't have lost 4st if I couldn't! Which is why it's so silly. I don't know why I keep sabotaging myself like I do. I've tried everything I can to try and get back on the wagon - Extra Easy, Red and Green days, daily Syns, weekly Syns. But nothing seems to be working at the moment. I have even pondered SlimFast as maybe I need a little break and something totally strict which will make me realise how good and easy we have it with Slimming World? I have eventually decided against it, as I really don't want to turn my back on my beloved SW after it has gotten me so far, but I think what I will do is maybe try Fast Forward this week. We can't go into detail about it on here, as it's really tailored to each individual. But basically it's ultra strict with nothing being free and absolutely everything having to be weighed / measured. I've text my consultant about it and am hoping that from tomorrow I'll follow that for a week. I'm hoping that by the end of that week I'll be feeling ready to get back into Slimming World properly and embrace all of the gorgeous food that (I know deep down) we can tuck into! It may seem a little drastic but I am really at a loss as to what else I can try that I haven't already. As for goals, I think this is also where I struggle. I put too much pressure on myself and tell myself I absolutely MUST be a certain weight by a certain date. I put the Slimming World corset on so tight that at some point it is bound to burst open. My birthday is in exactly 5 weeks time. There's no way I'll be at target now, with 20lb to go. But I'd just like to be back down to my lowest weight by that point, actually just slightly past it. My lowest recorded weight was 10st 10.5lb, so if I can get down to 10st 10lb in the next 5 weeks I'll be pretty happy. Thats 9lb in 5 weeks which is less than 2lb a week. So hopefully doable. Then, after that, I'll have 8 WI's until we go to Tenerife. I could potentially get to target in that time (would again be less than 2lb a week), but again I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. So will take it each week at a time instead of looking too far ahead and getting too focused on the bigger numbers. Sorry, it must be so boring in my diary at the moment. It's the same sob story every week and nothing seems to change. I am an epic fail!! And I need to make some big changes ASAP.

Hey Hun
I got to the end of my tether fed up and not losing and I did FF for the first week in May, yup over the bank holidays.. I lost 4lb and i have lost each week since then.. I would recommend it as a last ditch attempt, it certainly helped me.. You do have to stick to it but it's worth it xx

Hugs Stevie xx

Haven't been online all day, so just caught up on your thread now.

You're certainly not a failure, you're human! You will get there, and hopefully a holiday is just the goal you need! I also hope FF works well for you and gives you some great results.

Hugs xxx

Morning gang, happy Wednesday. Thank you all for such lovely comments and messages. I can't tell you how appreciated your support is.

I have a little confession to make. I know I said yesterday that I was going to get back on plan, but I didn't. Warren wanted to take me out to Pizza Express to celebrate our holiday being booked and now paid off (will explain more!) and as he knows today is my "proper" first day back on plan he wanted to make the most of last night. He's so supportive and knows I really want to knuckle down now and get this weight back off before we go away in 13 weeks time. He told me to have whatever I wanted last night, enjoy it and make sure I get back on it today. Anyway, won't go into what I had, but it was very nice. Line drawn now and ready to try once again to get back on the wagon!

So, about the holiday. We're all paid off now!! We paid the deposit (plus a little more) on Monday when we booked, and still had about £300 each left to pay. The balance due date was 27th June which seemed a little harsh as there isn't another payday before then, and also the fact that the holiday isn't even until September. Anyway, we managed to get it extended until 11th July and just resigned to the fact that we'd have to pay it then and be skint for the rest of the month lol! Anyway, my lovely mam offered to pay off the holiday for us, and we can just pay her back as and when we can afford it. How nice is that!! I am probably still going to pay mine back by the end of June / beginning of July, as I want the next months pay to be solely for clothes and spending money (not that we need a lot of that, as we're going All Inclusive). But at least it gives Warren a bit more leeway - baring in mind my birthday is also in July lol. He was getting a little worried about what he was going to do I think, bless him. Even though I had told him I didn't want anything and that it was more important to me that we got this holiday paid for. So anyway, nothing to worry about now! All paid off and we can just relax and start looking forward to it. 93 days and counting ;)

As I mentioned yesterday, my plan for this week is to follow Fast Forward, with the exception of today and Tuesday (weigh day) when I'll be doing Extra Easy. I'm kind of gutted that I can't start Fast Forward today, but I took chicken breasts out of the freezer to make pizza chicken with. We were meant to have them last night but obviously we went out instead, so I don't want them to go to waste. So FF will have to wait until tomorrow! I've just sat down and written my plan for the week and will pop to Tesco tonight for a couple of things I need. Really looking forward to it actually - I've done it before and it's very strict, but what it does bring back is some structure and control. And it can also give fantastic weight losses! I'm thinking that I actually might do it for a while. I know it's designed to be for "one week only", but I really need a boost at the moment. Anyway, I'm not committing to anything just yet. But will see how I get on with it, it's always there as an option. I could rotate my weeks - one week normal food optimising (particularly a week when I am going to be spending a lot of time with Warren), one week FF (when we don't have a lot of time together i.e. less temptation). We shall see!

Today's plan is a Syn Free Extra Easy day. Here goes...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Raspberries (SS) and Blueberries topped with an Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Lunch:

- Batchelors Cheese and Broccoli Pasta'N'Sauce with added Broccoli (S)
- Apple (S)

Dinner:

- Butterflied Chicken Breast (S) topped with Tomato Puree (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Jalapenos (S), Cherry Tomatoes (S) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Spicy Potato Wedges and a Mixed Leaf Salad (S)

Other:
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Lemon Greek Yogurt
- Salted Caramel HiFi (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 30g Red Leicester
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi Light

Syns: 0

Last edited:
Are u able to provide any info for me on Fast forward plan???

I love looking at your food diaries they give me a lot of inspiration x

Evening PS :), good luck with day 1 of fast forward tomorrow, I hope it all goes well for you lovely xx

Morning you lovely lot. Aww, thank you for the kind words. It's so nice to be back - often makes me wonder why I do a runner in the first place!

Day one "back on it" went well yesterday. As planned I had a Syn-free Extra Easy day with pizza chicken for tea. Warren loved it as usual! And whilst he tucked into a share bag of Milky Way Magic Stars whilst we watched the England game, I had my HExB salted caramel HiFi. Yay me!! :D

I really think that having this holiday booked has given me the motivation I need. It's all I keep thinking about - 92 days to go, by the way! :p I want to feel confident in a bikini and nice clothes on holiday. And, as much as I am doing this totally for me, I also would like to make Warren proud. Even though he is super supportive and is always telling me he will love me 4 stone heavier or 4 stone lighter. Little sweetie!!

I'm actually super excited to start Fast Forward today. I think that's got my motivation up again as it's something totally different. Last time I did it, I wasn't overly keen. But then that was back in the days when I was messing around each week. I know I haven't had a good few weeks lately, but I feel I've more hit a bump in the road. Rather than just messing around as I used to. I feel like theres a difference, if you see what I mean?

Anyway, I can't really go into the details of FF, as it's a tool which is tailored to each individual. But basically you get given a set number of Units each day. Nothing is Free and there are no such things as Healthy Extras, Syns, etc. The no. of Units you are given is based on your weight, which is something your Consultant works out for you. You are then given a little leaflet which explains how FF works and also has different meal options under the categories "5 Unit light meals", "8 Unit light meals", "1 Unit snacks" and "2 Unit snacks". You are to use at least 18 of your Units a day on the "light meals" and the rest can be used for snacks. Everything is weighed out and measured - and although I won't be listing measurements in my diary (don't want to breach Copyright!) I will be listing the basic info. It's not really something which is easy to explain, and it is something which generally your consultant has to agree to you trying. It is a very strict and regimented plan and it does get very tough, which is why it is designed for only those very tough times. Basically it is calorie counting, without actually having to count calories. SW have already done this for us, creating the little menu choices under the different no. of Units. Hope this makes sense? (loopylaura11 I know you asked for more info.)

Anyway, lets get cracking! This is how today is going to go...

Fast Forward

Breakfast (5 Units):
- Muesli with Hazelnuts and Skimmed Milk

Lunch (5 Units):
- Kiwi, Banana, Strawberries, Melon and Fat Free Natural Yogurt

Dinner (8 Units):
- Jacket Potato with Tesco Mixed Beans in a Spicy Sauce. Served with Mixed Leaves, Cucumber, Peppers and Cherry Tomatoes.
- Strawberries and a Hartley's Low Calorie Raspberry Jelly

Other (1 Unit):
- 2 x Rich Tea Fingers

Total no. of Units:

Back