The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Eek!! Almost had a little panic there. Warren has been texting and was saying how beautiful today is, and has asked if it's like this when we're off work (16th-20th June) if we can go to the seaside again for fish and chips. Now, I really feel like my heads in the zone at the minute and I don't want to mess up again. So, although it's still over a week away, I want to plan ahead.

I'd already decided that for that week I'd ditch Fast Forward and go back to "normal" SW for the week, i.e. Extra Easy, Red and Green days, as it allows for more flexibility.

After checking Syns online I have found that, on average, a 227g portion of chips from a fish and chip shop is 17.5 Syns. Would it be sad of me to take my scales to the seaside?? Lol, we eat our chips in the car anyway (I'm funny about eating outside) so it's not like I'll be stood in the fish and chip shop weighing out my portion :giggle: I worked out that roughly 13g chips is 1 Syn (227 / 17.5 = 12.9), so I'm thinking I'd allow myself 130g (10 Syns worth) of chips and remove the batter from a portion of fish. And have some mushy peas to go with it.

Is this sounding good? Or do I just sound like a total lunatic? I just worry because I once had fish (batter removed) and and mushy peas at the seaside and I didn't lose that week. Okay, I know there could have been something else which hindered me that week, but it's just made me a bit wary since.

Thoughts on a postcard please???

Haha you're so funny, and even though you sound like a looney tune (I can totally imagine you weighing out your fish & chips :giggle: ) if that's what you've got to do to stick to plan then go ahead! :)

This is your jounrey Stevie, so you should do exactly what you feel is right so that you can get yourself to target! :) xx

Haha you're so funny, and even though you sound like a looney tune (I can totally imagine you weighing out your fish & chips :giggle: ) if that's what you've got to do to stick to plan then go ahead! :)

This is your jounrey Stevie, so you should do exactly what you feel is right so that you can get yourself to target! :) xx

I knew I would sound like a nutter lol :eek: I just feel that I couldn't trust myself otherwise. I couldn't just have a treat of fish and chips and then call it a day. It would end up in the rest of the week being totally off plan, I know it would. And I don't want to say "no, we can't go" as it's not right that Warren should have to miss out. So that's my plan! :D xx

My answer on the postcard says the same lol :D. I'm in complete agreement with Em's, do what it takes hun so your in control and at the same time your there and enjoying yourself, win win . :):) xx

Couldn't you may be have like a mini fish special they are only small so might not be as many syns. If weighing it makes you feel comfortable go for it xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Couldn't you may be have like a mini fish special they are only small so might not be as many syns. If weighing it makes you feel comfortable go for it xx

Good idea, but then I wouldn't know exactly what / how many Syns I was having. Which is what usually leads me into the "sod it, I've ruined it now anyway" attitude, which I really don't want to happen this time. I think it's decided, I'll take the scales and weigh out my portion in the car :D Anything left will go to Warren, the human dustbin :giggle:

Actually looking forward to it now, even though it'll be sometime over a week away. We had such a laugh last time we went to the seaside xx

Now you've given me a craving for fish and chips! If it were me I'd just have the fish without the batter and mushy peas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good idea, but then I wouldn't know exactly what / how many Syns I was having. Which is what usually leads me into the "sod it, I've ruined it now anyway" attitude, which I really don't want to happen this time. I think it's decided, I'll take the scales and weigh out my portion in the car :D Anything left will go to Warren, the human dustbin :giggle:

Actually looking forward to it now, even though it'll be sometime over a week away. We had such a laugh last time we went to the seaside xx

Sounds lovely. I love the seaside. Where do you normally go xx

Now you've given me a craving for fish and chips! If it were me I'd just have the fish without the batter and mushy peas.

That's what I usually do, and may end up doing it again! But just want to have it planned in advance just incase I get there and decide I can't possibly resist chips! At least I'll have my scales and know how many I can have within Syns :giggle:

Sounds lovely. I love the seaside. Where do you normally go xx

Aww, I love the seaside too!! A couple of weeks ago when we went, we went to Seaton Carew. But I do like Saltburn and Redcar too. Whitby is probably my most favourite, but that's a little further afield xx

I used to love getting on the train and going down to saltburn when I live in Stockton! Really should take a trip back one day.

That's what I usually do, and may end up doing it again! But just want to have it planned in advance just incase I get there and decide I can't possibly resist chips! At least I'll have my scales and know how many I can have within Syns :giggle:

Aww, I love the seaside too!! A couple of weeks ago when we went, we went to Seaton Carew. But I do like Saltburn and Redcar too. Whitby is probably my most favourite, but that's a little further afield xx

I've only heard of Whitby. I've been there it's pretty. Weston super mud(mare) is prob nearest and don't think Southport is too far away either xx

Thank you Stevie. Yea I asked last night and she doesn't just give out info to anyone. Even me who keeps losing half a pound lol.

Ta for info does sound very strict.

Hope your doing ok xxx

Today's yummy food! Was trying to hold out for Warren going to the Chinese until I had my curry but he's still not been and I couldn't wait any longer lol! Looking forward to my cuppa and biscuits now :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1402090270.206115.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1402090279.341683.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1402090289.214818.jpg

Good to see your food is decent even following the FF plan! Definitley doesn't look as if you're deprived on it.

Fish and chips are stupidly high in syns, I've only ever had them on plan once and took the batter off and had it with peas! Now that really does Make you feel deprived :( x

If weight out fish and chips makes you happy Stevie, then go for it!

We'll done on your plans for yesterday and resisting Chinese! Have a good weekend! Any plans? xx

Hey ladies! Just a flying visit today. Having a lazy one before Warren goes back to work tonight, catching up on some Breaking Bad!

Still going strong with FF and actually loving it. This is what's happening today...

Fast Forward

Breakfast (5 Units):

- Muesli with Hazelnuts and Skimmed Milk

Lunch (5 Units):
- Banana, Kiwi, Melon, Strawberries and Fat Free Natural Yogurt

Dinner (8 Units + "Free" Salad Unit):
- Pasta with Chopped Tomatoes, Button Mushrooms, Onion and Peppers with Mixed Leaves, Cucumber and Tomato
- Sainsbury's (supposed to be Cadbury's but couldn't get hold of them!) Light Chocolate Mousse

Other (1 Unit):
- 2 x Rich Tea Fingers

Total no. of Units:

Back