The Princess Diaries (..and blog all in one!) **THREAD NOW CLOSED**

So far today I've managed without any blips :) I'm really happy with that.

I'm already feeling much better for eating healthily again, and have steered clear of all things naughty.

Not sure what's for dinner yet, but haven't used any Syns at all today. Will either use them as part of my dinner or may have a hot chocolate and a biscuit later on tonight :drool:

Hope everyone else is getting on well xx

Morning all, hope everyone is well :).

I feel really good about things today. I feel so much better for being back on plan, and am going to continue to stick to it.

I'm going swimming tonight, which I'm looking forward to. After swimming I'll rustle up a lovely Mushy Pea Curry for dinner, and have leftovers for lunch/dinner tomorrow :drool: I've been trying to have lots of Speed/SuperSpeed and I think I seem to be doing pretty well.

I'm also trying to mix up my healthy extras a little bit. I'm getting a bit bored of cereal bars, etc, so I'm going to have a little change.

I'm really enjoying being back on plan xx

(S)=Speed (SS)=SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
2 x Slices of Wholemeal Toast (HExB) with Weight Watchers Low Fat Cheese Triangle (1.5 Syns)
Chocolate from Advent Calander (1 Syn)
Banana

Lunch:
Jacket Potato with Cheese (HExA), Baked Beans (SS) and Salad (S)
Fresh Pineapple chunks (S)

Dinner:
Mushy Pea & Chicken Korma (SS) with Birds Eye Rice Fusions Country Mushroom (2 Syns) and Green Beans

Total Syns for the day: 4.5
Exercise: Swimming - 20 lengths (500 metres) in 30 minutes

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm a bit worried that I could be having too much potato.

In the past 2 days I've had 3 jacket potatoes. I planned on having a salad for lunch today, but as it was so cold I went for the trusty JP, cheese & beans.

What does anyone think? Too much maybe? Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated xx

This morning I felt so intimidated. I work for the local Council, and obviously there are strikes in the public sector today. When I got to the Town Hall, where I work, there were picket lines at every enterance to the building. When I tried to enter I was greeted with a load of garble and told "DO NOT BREAK THE PICKET LINE". I felt so intimidated, and frightened. I have never witnessed a strike before, and am uncomfortable in situations where I am being confronted by someone in such a way. I had to turn around and walk away, and I called my dad, on the verge of crying. He told me to go back, so this time I walked straight past them, although they were trying to talk to me and urge me to join them in the strike.

The thing is, I am not part of the union, and I don't have a pension. It is nothing to do with me, and I think it's so wrong that they are stood their intimidating people, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that has felt this way this morning. I understand why they are striking, but I think they should leave it at that. If people wanted to join them, they would. It is frightening and daunting having to walk through them, and it has really shaken me this morning.

Wow, well done for standing up to them!! I work for the NHS, so we were on strike too. Im in exact same situation, no union, no pension, but felt really confused and torn over what to do. We also had picket lines, and I did make the decision to come into work to start with, but then I got realistic and explained to my boss that there was no way I would be able to put myself in the situation of having people hurl abuse at me. In the job I do, I work very closely with the union reps and felt very intimidated by what they said they would be doing and saying to people. Anyways, then the schools decided they were striking, so I had childcare issues, so ended up having the day off anyway.

Well done again Stevie....you're a brave un!! ;) x x

Wow, well done for standing up to them!! I work for the NHS, so we were on strike too. Im in exact same situation, no union, no pension, but felt really confused and torn over what to do. We also had picket lines, and I did make the decision to come into work to start with, but then I got realistic and explained to my boss that there was no way I would be able to put myself in the situation of having people hurl abuse at me. In the job I do, I work very closely with the union reps and felt very intimidated by what they said they would be doing and saying to people. Anyways, then the schools decided they were striking, so I had childcare issues, so ended up having the day off anyway.

Well done again Stevie....you're a brave un!! ;) x x

Haha, thanks hun!! :p xx

Morning all, hope everyone is well.

Last night I went swimming for the first time in 2 weeks, and really really enjoyed it! It feels so good to be in control again, and I'm really enjoying my exercise at the minute.

Had a bit of a shock last night, too. My dad was at hospital for a check up after his bypass (it's been four month since his heart attack already!), and they told him they are now going to fit a defibrillator just purely for precautionary reasons. At first I was quite angry that they are going to be messing around with him again, but I understand that this will be literally a life-saver for him, and the more "backup" he has, the better. Anyway, that's not going to be happening until after Christmas sometime, and it's just done under general anasthetic which means he will only be in hospital overnight. He's been through the wars this year, roll on 2012 lol!

This weekend I'm going to be stopping in. Tonight I'm completely gutting out my bedroom - surely some form of body magic! ;) And then I'm planning to spend an hour or so on the Wii. I can't wait! I feel so much more energetic after just two days back on plan.

Breakfast:
1 x Alpen Light bar (Half of HExB)

Lunch:
Tuna Salad (S) with a small Wholemeal Roll (3 Syns)
1 x Alpen Light bar (Half of HExB)

Dinner:
Mushy Pea Chicken Korma (SS) with Noodles

Total Syns for the day: 4

Last edited:
Hi Princess....well it sounds like you are well and truly back on track with everything. Amazing how good it feels isnt it!!

How do you make the mushy pea korma?? Is the similar to mushy pea curry?? This does sound a daft question, now iv written it down, but im still going to ask it anyway, lol x

Hi Princess....well it sounds like you are well and truly back on track with everything. Amazing how good it feels isnt it!!

How do you make the mushy pea korma?? Is the similar to mushy pea curry?? This does sound a daft question, now iv written it down, but im still going to ask it anyway, lol x

Hi hun, thanks! It feels so great just to be making smarter choices and being more in control of things.

Yeah the Mushy Pea Korma is the same as the Curry, just with a MullerLight Coconut yogurt stirred into it :drool: really tastes like Chicken Korma! This is how I make mine:

- Fry off Chicken and Onions (I use a mix of Red and White Onions for extra flavour)
- Add to the pan 1 x tin of Mushy Peas and 1 x tin of Chopped Tomatoes. Stir, and let the mixture bubble.
- Add curry powder to taste, stir and let bubble for a bit longer.
- Take the pan off the heat, and add 1 x Coconut MullerLight. Stir well, and serve.

xx

Mmmm....sounds yummy!! I hate cocounut, but love Korma (strange, I know) lol. Thanks luvli....defo gunna try this x x

Ha ha, I know the feeling. I love tomatoes, but hate anything tomato flavoured lol! Same with strawberries..nout stranger than folk!

Hope you enjoy it hun, let me know what you think :) xx

Lol, will do....not sure when ill get chance to make it though, we havne't been shopping this week, so the cupboards are a little bare, lol x

Ohh I hate that, there's nothing worse! My parents just went shopping last night so the cupboards are bursting, I'm in heaven :drool: lol! xx

Hi Hun, just catching up on your diary, looks like your doing fab with your new on plan lease of life :) I'm hoping some will rub off on me :)

Just wanted to say, well done for sticking up for yourself against the union people the other day!! I can't stand it when people try to intimidate others - I would have been right there beside you getting through them!! Right mini rant over... :)

Xx

Morning all, hope everyone is well. I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning - it feels so strange waking up on a Sunday Morning with no hangover :8855:

I've been really good this week, and am really pleased that I managed to stop in all weekend :) I'm being realistic though - I'm still expecting a gain because of how dreadful I was in the two previous weeks, but hopefully it will only be tiny!

It feels so good to be back on plan and back in control of things xx

Breakfast:
2 x Alpen Light bar (HExB)

Lunch:
SW style Breakfast Potatoes, 3 rashers of Bacon (fat removed), 2 Linda McCartney Vegeterian Sausages (4 Syns), Tomatoes (S), Mushrooms (S) and Baked Beans (SS)

Dinner:

Total Syns for the day:
Exercise:

Attachments

• IMG-20111204-00322.jpg
    IMG-20111204-00322.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Brrr, what a cold, icy morning today! Have nearly gone flat on my backside countless times this morning :8855:

I'm feeling really good today - have been back on plan for almost a week now and it feels so good to be back in control :)

Hope you've all had a great weekend xx

Breakfast:
Alpen Light bar (Half of HExB)
Banana

Lunch:
Jacket Potato with Cheese (HExA), Baked Beans (SS) and Salad (S)

Snacks:
Chicken MugShot
1 slice Wholemeal Bread (Half of HExB)
1 Weight Watchers LF Cheese Triangle (1.5 Syns)

Dinner:
Boiled Potatoes with Quorn Peppered Steak and Green Beans with 1 Weight Watchers LF Cheese Trriangle(1.5 Syns)

Snacks:
Minestrone MugShot

Total Syns for the day: 4
Exercise: 90 minutes of dog walking

Attachments

• IMG-20111205-00327.jpg
    IMG-20111205-00327.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I'm feeling so motivated and energetic this afternoon, so going to cram in some extra Body Magic ahead of Weigh In tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to don my scarf, hat and gloves, plus my wellington boots, and go with my friend to walk her 3 lovely Staffies (Teddy, Ozzy and Dino).

I spend a lot of time with her and her dogs, and really enjoy taking them out. We've decided to take them on a nice long walk tonight, and are usually out with them for an hour or two. No doubt I'll be running around like a nutter with them - can't wait!

Will let you know how we get on - the 3 boys are so cheeky :D xx

Well, just got in from my walk with Marie and the boys! Spent an hour and a half running around like lunatics :) loved it!

Hopefully that extra bit of Body Magic will do me some good ahead of tomorrows weigh in. I still think I'm looking at a gain, but hopefully it'll just be small - fingers crossed!

I'm stopping in again this weekend, apart from Sunday when it's one of my works' Christmas meals. I'm really looking forward to another good week!

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Last edited:
Well, I'm just back from Weigh In. Have gained 1lb this week - was expected after two weeks of binging, but I'm still dissapointed. Still, I'm not going to let it knock my confidence. I've been really good this week, and have felt so good getting back on track. I'm going to stick to plan 100% again this week, and hopefully the results will show at WI next Tuesday :)

I've got one of my works' Christmas meals on Sunday, we're going to the local Indian restaurant. The only thing is I always go for a Chicken Korma when I'm at the Indian, as I'm not really into tomato based dishes. I know it's going to be scarily high in Syns, so I'm going to try and be really good throughout the week and save my Syns for that.

On the upside, I handed in my first Body Magic Fit Log tonight! :D I'm really enjoying exercising and I'm hoping to keep it up, so I'm using my Fit Log's to keep a track of my exercising, and also in order to gain my Body Magic awards. I'm aon my way towards my bronze award! Only 3 more weeks left to go.

Foodwise, today, I haven't really had a lot. I've been so busy at work, and out at a site visit for 3 hours!! :eek: Just about to tuck into a lovely homely shepherds pie though, I can't wait :drool:

Hope you've all had a great day xx

Lunch:
Chicken MugShot
Tomato & Herb MugShot

Dinner:
Shepherds Pie made with Extra Lean Mince & Cheese (HExA), served with Cabbage (S) and Leeks (S)
HiFi Bar (HExA)

Snacks:
2 x Weight Watchers Caramel Wafers (8 Syns)

Total Syns for the day: 9

Attachments

• IMG-20111206-00342.jpg
    IMG-20111206-00342.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back