The problem with entertaining

NEIL MC

Ok folks started on Monday, big step into the unknown.

Firstly can I say that I am committed to the plan, however I have a problem. As someone running a business I have guests coming to see me quite a lot, sometimes during the day but sometimes (say every 1 or 2 weeks) people come to see me in the evening time. This means meals out, now I have no problem with people eating while I don't but in some cases I have to respect that someone has made the effort to say fly over to meet me and wants to have an evening meal. This is unavoidable it's part of my job.

So, if once in a while I have a night out (be very careful with what I chose) will this still work or does it mess the whole ketoses thing up ?. If it's a big no no then there's no point in continuing with Lipotrim as this is something I can't avoid.

Some of you guys have been on this plan for 18/20 weeks, do you ever wobble?.

I really want to do this, even after 2 days I feel that it's doing me good.

Your thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Anything you eat will be a problem as this is a soul source diet - however.... if it's once a forthnight for one meal, you could try an atkins style meal - so plain chicken or steak grilled, with a fistfull of salad or veg only - nothing else, not a bean (literally)... you might get away with it or it might slow you down by a pound and could potentially be a slippery road i.e 'just one more mouthful' etc etc

You know you and how determined you are to be on such a restrictive diet - if you think you can do it - go for it - better than doing nothing at all :D

to be honest, sticking to LT and having the odd time off will give you a bigger weight loss than sticking to a low calorie diet all the time. stick to having protein meals, chicken and veg or something along those lines and you should be fine. yes it probably will kick you out of ketosis but it will probably only put you back a lb a week. just don't go overboard - and stop eating when you feel full rather than forcing it in! good luck

nicki26 you and others like you are superstars, fair play to you 21 weeks !!! Maybe when I see the Ibs coming off it will spur me on, but I just can't see me doing it for 20+ weeks

I have to try something, other diets have not worked.

All diets work if you stick to them and that's the problem - we are overweight because we eat to much and don't move our arses - so it's all about choices - if you don't think you can stick to it - go for weight watchers etc - slow weightloss but you will be eating BUT food education and portion control is a must for all !!!:rolleyes:

nicki26 you and others like you are superstars, fair play to you 21 weeks !!! Maybe when I see the Ibs coming off it will spur me on, but I just can't see me doing it for 20+ weeks

If you feel that you must eat with your clients perhaps looking at Cambridge Diet could be the solution for you as they have flexible steps on their programme.

Where you could incorporate a small low carb meal into your schedule...

Here is a link to their brochure on it to see what is involved.

http://www.cambridge-diet.co.uk/brochures/solesource.pdf

It basically is the same as Lipotrim but not as strict...with a variety of flavoured shakes, soups, tetra's and bars.

Love Mini xxx

it is really personal choice, i just choose not to eat because i know that if i did there would be no going back for me! the first week is hard enough without getting into ketosis then eating and having to go through it all again, for me it is all or nothing... i dont see the point in doing a total food replacement diet and eating aswell and i just know as soon as i ate something i dont think i could get back into the diet, maybe i am not strong enough to do that but thats how it is for me....you may be ok,if you feel like you could eat something then get right back on the shakes without any stress then thats fine but i think it would be hard to do that week in week out, thats my opinion.

good luck whatever you decide is best for you xxxx

I've had to do three work dinners and did stick to strict atkins choices. As long as you IMMEDIATELY go back to the shakes that very night - no cups of tea or whatever, and drink the water it could be okay for you too. If I have to screw up my career or slightly slow the weightloss - well Id be stupid to throw everything away. Get the ketostrips and work hard to get back into ketosis. Its messier than just not eating but if it means you are losing weight while keeping working then .. My problem coming up is houseguests coming for a week.........I am hopeful that with care I can stay in ketosis and at least not gain.

Back