THE PURPLE DIET

tatty head

purplediet.com

Have any of you heard of this ?

Have just found this on a pro ana site (dont ask) :( ! surely this cant work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatty Head xxx

Detox diets don't work. I watched the Truth about Food....they did an experiment. All a load of tosh this detoxing stuff.

What on earth were you looking at a pro ana site for?

The closest thing to a weight loss shortcut is a VLCD. There's no pill or potion that's really going to do the job for us unfortunately - we have to do the legwork if we want the results.

Also just to echo Coley, there's no such thing as detoxing, although I expect to get jumped on for saying that - the body 'detoxes' itself and there's no need to 'flush out' or whatever it is that these detox diets claim to do. If your body is not getting rid of toxins by itself then you need to see a doctor immediately, not go on a fad diet.

Anyway. I will not ask why you were on a pro ana site but I hope hope hope that it was out of curiosity and nothing more.

Wiki says:

The Purple Diet is a fad diet promoted by Mariah Carey which involves eating only purple foods, such as plums, beetroot and red grapes three days a week. It is claimed that purple foods have anti aging properties due to their high content of anti-oxidants and vitamins. There is no proven medical benefit to this diet.

I did mean Detox in the loose sense of the word......as I too think its bulls**t

Sorry Sonya, I wasn't having a go at you at all, I was having a go at the people who make this crap and then flog the concept of a 'detox diet' as being essential to our health.

heheheh...I don't think Sonya thought you were having a go at her...she was just clarfiying her point!! chill........:D

I am perfectly frosty thank you! :cool:

I've tried detoxes and they are miserable!! :eek:

Sorry Sonya, I wasn't having a go at you at all, I was having a go at the people who make this crap and then flog the concept of a 'detox diet' as being essential to our health.

Hey I know I just realised I sounded as if it was ok to think about this "diet" when I think its totally irresponsible....!

What is "pro ana " site .....? me techno phobe aint got a clue.

purplediet.com

Have any of you heard of this ?

Have just found this on a pro ana site (dont ask) :( ! surely this cant work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatty Head xxx

It would "work" because of the massive amount of fruit juice you have to add to the drinks. You'd never be off the toilet for one so your losing solid wastes that essentially shouldnt be lost (if the fruit juices wasnt taken), i've read loads about these types of diets. like any faddish diet these diets are horrible to the system and naturally - The Main question is would the weight stay off?

I doubt it.

Mariah may use it to shed a few lbs, like Beyonce and that diet she did, the syrup one but as soon as the reason for the quick weight loss goes, the weight packs back on. As Beyonce has said.

Ivy

It would "work" because of the massive amount of fruit juice you have to add to the drinks. You'd never be off the toilet for one so your losing solid wastes that essentially shouldnt be lost Ivy

Hmmmm nice......!
So just how popular are these diets then.....I am not really into reading about all these diets...!

Hmmmm nice......!
So just how popular are these diets then.....I am not really into reading about all these diets...!

I love reading anything 'Diet' love it love it.

Girl, we need an idea. say frozen peas and a cup of yoggie a day, then all we need is a celebrity (an A lister is from heaven, Mariah fits that bill), just the one who says it worked for them and BINGO we'd be rich enough buy a small exotic Island in the Bahamas (or Island of your choice)

Thats why Catherine Zeta went beserk over Atkins...when they claimed she lost weight using that system. The power and pull of celebrity is amazing. so if Mariah has done it, and its ringing a bell that one, then its gonna be popular.

Ivy

Frozen peas and yoggie......mmmmmmm tasty, I think I will stick with my shakes if its alright with you.....?
Though the exotic island does sound blooming luverly !

Frozen peas and yoggie......mmmmmmm tasty, I think I will stick with my shakes if its alright with you.....?
Though the exotic island does sound blooming luverly !

Haha doesnt it just, i can see it now...and you know what - oh and this is the doozy - say we use a certain brand name of Peas, we get a retainer for advertising it for them.. just like the syrup Beyonce endorsed on that crazy diet, Trust me frozen yog and peas is quite nice in comparsion to massive gut cramps you'd get from too much juice.

An Island and a Ferrari baby!!! and maybe even Brad Pitt to boot! oh baby.

Ivy

The Main question is would the weight stay off?

I doubt it.

Well, sort of agree here, but like any other diet that you would do for just a day. Yes, you will decrease your calories, so assuming you didn't eat extra the next day...it would eventually mean a very slow weightloss.

Up your calories more than you need after that, and you'll put it back on again....just like any other diet.

Back