thanks honey x

gillybeans said:
soo its proven i am an old fart !!!
and i have the excuse its harder to lose weight at 50 lol

Ah yes, but you're only 32 in Hexidecimal! :D

5 realities
1) My parents are amazing and support me through everything I do
2) I have a best friend of 16 years and we have never had a falling out
3) My job is fantastic, I get to play with ICT and gadgets all day, get 8 weeks holiday a year, and get paid for it! Heaven!
4) Learning to play the guitar was one of the best things I have ever done for myself, and it gives me peace every time I play
5) I made it though 13.5 GCSE's, 5 A levels and 2 Degrees without failing anything

The no-so-realities;
1) Food will always be an issue for me, just one that I have confidence that I can control from now on
2) Losing weight will not make everything else in my world OK
3) No matter how many times I watch One Flew over the Coockoo's Nest, it'll never have a happy ending for Jack Nicholson :p

OK So I couldn't think of a good number 3 :p

Thought I would put some thoughts down here...

The realities of life

• I love chocolate
  • I am nearly 40
  • I have had 3 children
  • I have a degree in English and Creative writing
  • I am going to be a grandma next year x 2
  • I have a good man
  • I have many good friends
  • I can fit into a size 14
  • I can sometimes fit into a size 12
  • I have pretty eyes
  • I have lost 26lbs
The not so realities of life

• I will give up chocolate
  • My friends wont like me anymore if I am slimmer
  • I will put on 26lbs
  • All my problems will go away if I fit into a size 10
  • Will Young will turn straight and take me away from it all

Not really sure what my point is .. but I think I think its just about perspective :D
love it:)

This post has really made me think about things Emski. Thanks :)

my 5 realities?
1. I have been married for 21 years, been through tough times but we are together and happily content!
2. I have 2 children to be proud of, doing well in what they have chosen to do
3. My job is challenging and i have great support from my line manager in improving my career
4. I was at my heaviest 12.13, I have maintained at 10.13 for about a year now after following the SW plan
5. This year i ran a 5k race in my fastest time ever at 28.05

the 3 unrealities?
1. I will never be rich - but am happy with what i have currently in my life
2. Some friendships will never be the same after losing weight - but hey they were never worth keeping anyway as they were not true balanced relationships
3. Pierce Brosnan will not come into my life as James Bond, looking fantastic in his tux, and smelling gorgeous, and sweep me off my feet - but i have a husband that loves me very much and i am extremely lucky as not many people have that in their lives for 21 years (and more)

Last edited:
my 5 realities?
1. I have been married for 21 years, been through tough times but we are together and happily content!
2. I have 2 children to be proud of, doing well in what they have chosen to do
3. My job is challenging and i have great support from my line manager in improving my career
4. I was at my heaviest 12.13, I have maintained at 10.13 for about a year now after following the SW plan
5. This year i ran a 5k race in my fastest time ever at 28.05

the 3 unrealities?
1. I will never be rich - but am happy with what i have currently in my life
2. Some friendships will never be the same after losing weight - but hey they were never worth keeping anyway as they were not true balanced relationships
3. Pierce Brosnan will not come into my life as James Bond, looking fantastic in his tux, and smelling gorgeous, and sweep me off my feet - but i have a husband that loves me very much and i am extremely lucky as not many people have that in their lives for 21 years (and more)

Ahem .. she fails to mention that she has the most wonderful sister who looks younger and slimmer everytime she sees her !!!

5 realities I'm happy about:
~I've finally learned how to be grateful for the blessings I have
~I play guitar and sing in a rock band
~I have a house rabbit who makes me smile and giggle every day
~I've always carried a bit of weight, but it turns out that's not such a bad thing, and actually, most men like that better anyway!
~I am the first member of my immediate family to own their own house

Non-realities
~I will happen upon a safe and natural cure for wrinkles
~If I lose a couple of stone, Jake Gylenhaal will decide he likes older women and devote his entire life to adoring me
~I will dream of the winning lottery numbers tonight and remember write them down when I wake up

Back