The really slow loss team!

I'm gonna sit tonight with all my mags and books and plan all my meals out including syns. Gonna try and get some diff meals in as I'm in a little rut mayb a change will shake it up with an increase in superfree, and a little scanbran lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I definately belong in this group! Only been on SW for 3 weeks but even my first week (which is generally the biggest loss for people, from what I gather?!) I only lost 1.6lbs, then 0.8lbs for the last 2 weeks! Trying not to get disheartened though, it's all going in the right direction!

Welcome Jen_:) - don't get disheartened hun, it IS going in the right direction so just stick with it. My average loss is only a pound a week so we can keep each other company!

Thanks Pommette! :) I can tell I'm going to love this site - have picked up so many food tips already and everyone is so lovely and supportive, nice to know that there's somewhere to go if I'm having a wobble! :)

Welcome Jen!
I read a comment on the site somewhere : so what if it is slow, we have to live through those weeks anyway!
I liked that sorry I can't remember who said it. We might as well live through the weeks losing a little, better than never trying a losing nothing!
I had a good week, looking like up to 1 lb off, although had a HUGE take out curry last night so today I am heavy :)

A big poop will take care if that tee hee. Weigh in tomorrow. Have a good day all x

. . . although had a HUGE take out curry last night so today I am heavy :)

A big poop will take care if that tee hee. Weigh in tomorrow. Have a good day all x

Nice one WG! I know just how you feel. Had a big lunch out yesterday with friends and I still feel pogged (over-full to any Southerners reading this). Not managed the poop yet though !!!!

1.2 off this week :) fairy dust is still working- how is everyone else?

Well done WG! I thought you said you might not have a good week?

Me? Took a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and suffice to say I don't think I will have a loss at WI tomorrow - might not even manage a STS! :wave_cry:

Wow well done on your losses everyone...... looks like I found where all the fairy dust has been hiding ! I gained 3.5lb last week after trying so hard to balance out 2 naughty days with the rest of the week being low syn. My consultant suggested that I dont have too much to lose and should therefore be on 10syns a day, so I'm trying my best at that this week.

Hope you all have a good week :)

Ditto Pommette - my scales are saying an increase of 0.4lbs from last Tues! :(
Not sure if that's a bad few days from a week ago catching up with me (had friends staying for the weekend, they brought chocs!) or if it's due to my drastic increase in exercise?
Anyway today I went out with the girls for lunch at Harvester, had a grilled chicken fillet with peas and plain jacket potato (EE day) and no pudding (although the rest of them did!), very proud of myself!
Congrats on the loss, Woodland Girl! :)

Well I think I managed to get some of the fairy dust!
When I had a sneaky peak at the scales on Saturday I was up so I've superspeeded like made for the last 2 days and its worked.

Officially I weight in kg and I managed to only put on 0.1 kg (less than ¼ lb) after lots of misbehaving with our visitors last week.

In stones it classes as a STS as the scales read 12 st 12½ last week and the same today. If you do the math (as they would say in Numb3rs) the converted weight was 180.4lbs last week and 180.62lbs this week.

So, if you can follow all that, I'm going to semi-cheat and class it as a STS and make sure I shift it, and more this week!

Good luck everyone else this week.

I had a sneaky peek this morning (official WI Wednesday) and I'm still the same! I've upped my superfree and have been doing SAS logs, and apart from Sat (where I had 22 syns) I've been under 10 syns every day. Just gonna see what happens Wed but then it's my birthday Friday which I'm looking forward to but not the following WI lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

. . . I'm still the same! I've upped my superfree and have been doing SAS logs, and apart from Sat (where I had 22 syns) I've been under 10 syns every day.
Jenny - some questions.
1. How near to target are you? If you're getting close then weight loss does slow down.
2. Are you following EE? I found my loss was VERY slow on this (1/4 or 1/2 lb a week). Maybe because I was eating too many carbs but it certainly wasn't right for me. I have much better losses having 4 or 5 red per week and 2 or 3 green.
3. How long have you been doing SW? The longer you've been doing it the more you get used to it. I know you are doing SAS logs at the moment but do you normally keep a food diary? I write everything down every day. Always have - always will. Otherwise I forget what I've had and cheat inadvertently. I know some consultants say only write down your syns after the first few weeks but it's my comfort blanket. Plus when I have a not so good week I can look back at the good ones and see what I did differently.

Syns - you might not be having enough! Sounds daft but true.
I find that I can have 10-15 per day and still lose. Albeit only about a pound a week but it's going - slowly. You can count them weekly (ie 105 per week) if you want to be flexible at weekends but do use them up.

Hope this gives you a bit of food (!) for thought.

Pommette said:
Jenny - some questions.
1. How near to target are you? If you're getting close then weight loss does slow down.
2. Are you following EE? I found my loss was VERY slow on this (1/4 or 1/2 lb a week). Maybe because I was eating too many carbs but it certainly wasn't right for me. I have much better losses having 4 or 5 red per week and 2 or 3 green.
3. How long have you been doing SW? The longer you've been doing it the more you get used to it. I know you are doing SAS logs at the moment but do you normally keep a food diary? I write everything down every day. Always have - always will. Otherwise I forget what I've had and cheat inadvertently. I know some consultants say only write down your syns after the first few weeks but it's my comfort blanket. Plus when I have a not so good week I can look back at the good ones and see what I did differently.

Syns - you might not be having enough! Sounds daft but true.
I find that I can have 10-15 per day and still lose. Albeit only about a pound a week but it's going - slowly. You can count them weekly (ie 105 per week) if you want to be flexible at weekends but do use them up.

Hope this gives you a bit of food (!) for thought.

Hey Pomette!

I'm about 6lb off target (3lb off my original target but I reset it, my own fault really, but I felt 3lb off wat I am wouldn't show that much and I want rid of my jelly belly lol)
Yes I'm following EE cos I've struggled to get my head around red and green as to me it seems restrictive but I have tried to decrease my carb intake eg we had spaghetti bol the other night and I put loads of salad on my plate first (even tho the sauce had loads of superfree in too) to make me not put as much pasta on my plate.
I started SW on 19.1 and stopped doing diarys around march time which is why I think my C asked me to do SAS logs to jog me a bit. On a normal day I'm having about 8 syns although as I said I had a flexi day of 22.
Like I said I'm just losing heart now I so want to get to target (so I can stop bloody paying lol) but I don't help myself really. June and July are washouts, what with my birthday (which is going on for 2 days!) a spa day and two all inclusive holidays <sigh> lol
I might ask my C about red and green and try a couple of red days just to reduce my carbs a bit. She was talking about FF though Eek!!

My really slow is going in the wrong direction this week - 0.4lbs on but it hasn't been a 100% week, albeit not awful either. A few people have told me that it's probably muscle as I've gone from doing zero excercise 4 weeks ago to doing 8 fairly intense workouts a week (2 each of swimming, spinning, jogging and gym) so I'm hoping it is just that. Taken measurements and going to pay more attention to those for the next couple of weeks rather than my actual weight. :)

Sounds like a good idea Jen. Now I am back in the classroom full time I haven't time to go for my runs! Actually missing it... Might nip out now then again, might not! It's before 7am!!

1lb off. Still feel as disappointed as though I had gained though as I worked really hard this week loads of superfree and speed food. <sigh> birthday this week too x

Back