The really slow loss team!

Lisa don't knock the pound hun. Your doing lots of exercise and are just starting to eat and drink right. The other weeks you was dehydrated and you said you had some nights off that you forgot about. This explains the gains and sts. Don't look back, just forward and kee doing what your doing. If your doing it right you'll lose weight x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It wasn't me that had nights off, since starting my regular workouts I've stuck to plan 100%. What's annoying is I know there must be a reason I sts or gain some weeks I just can't pinpoint what. If I knew there was something that would always hinder a loss (ie a week with no exercise) it would make it easier. I'll keep going. Since upping my water I really feel better, my skin has always been ok but I swear it's even better now. I just hope my toning & weightloss balance out soon!

do you have a full diary on here? i will look over it if you want, im pretty good at spotting things ;) also dont forget you still lost a pound!!!! ok its not what you hoped for but you lost and a loss is a loss, dont be disappointed just remember that 1-2 pounds a week is a normal healthy amount to lose each week, and when you gt closer to target and within your healthy bmi, or close to it (which you are) its perfectly normal to plateau or see the losses slow a little. yes its annoying and we want the weight off NOW but what else are you gonna do with your time? you may aswell plod on, the alternitive is give up and stuff your face and gain for sure. you exercise lots and are confident your ssticking to plan, youve just started drinking more water too so this could just be the way your body loses weight. dont be so down on yourself. can i just say, as i have said to someone else tonight that maybe you are having too big portions or snacking freely on free and super free which is strictly speaking sticking to plan but it all contains cals and it could be that your having too much? im hvaing 1200 a day most days but more on a weekend, averaging me out at 1500 a day, ive had to cut this back this week, no massive cal intake on a weekend as i stayed the same when strictly speaking 1500 a day is little enough to deserve a pound loss, and actually youd be surprised how little food you get for 1500 cals too and its really brought it home how much i was eaitng before. like i say im happy to look at a food diary and if you could maybe take pics of everything your eating to give an idea on portion control, just for a week or so? i did this when i was doing sw and it did make me really stop and think x

I can vouch for Lou and Pomme helping with food diaries they both helped me a lot to change things and saw what I couldn't or wouldn't see.

Well first day and I went over my syns as I forgot I was having an extra easy day due to my tuna jacket potato and I had another cheese portion so I reckon about 20 .

However I did go to the gym and I did body pump this evening so I don't feel so bad.

Latte said:
I can vouch for Lou and Pomme helping with food diaries they both helped me a lot to change things and saw what I couldn't or wouldn't see.

Well first day and I went over my syns as I forgot I was having an extra easy day due to my tuna jacket potato and I had another cheese portion so I reckon about 20 .

However I did go to the gym and I did body pump this evening so I don't feel so bad.

Well done on the exercise. Shave an extra 5 off tomorrow to
Compensate for today ;) sounds like your holibobs was just what you needed to
Pick you up hun xx

Well done on the exercise. Shave an extra 5 off tomorrow to
Compensate for today ;) sounds like your holibobs was just what you needed to
Pick you up hun xx
I was going to say exactly the same. And if you can't manage to lose 5 syns in single day just drop 1 or 2 syns for the next few days.
Lots of people do this and it works for them - It'll even out over a week Latte.

Last edited:
ooh ladies im feeling extreemely sick today, just took my vitamins and then drank some berrocca and my tummy has objected lol. i cant cope with being sick it needs to pass soon!!!

well finally my boobs have started to shrink hurray!!! i said ages ago that they dont shrink til i hit 11 stone...and true to form they have only just started to shrink, my arms are looking slimmer too. i have a gorgeous dress for my cousins wedding, i can get it zipped up but its a bit tight on the boobs and tum so by august it will be fitting better, i cant wait to wear it, its white and strapless about knee length, fitted top part then flares out it has pink and red outlines of flowers on it, its gorgeous....its from warehouse too and i got it for a fiver off ebay bargain!!

. . . well finally my boobs have started to shrink hurray!!! i said ages ago that they dont shrink til i hit 11 stone...and true to form they have only just started to shrink
Sorry you're feeling icky Lou! Hope it goes away soon.

Giggles at your boobs - 'cos mine were exactly the same. I lost loads of bum, thighs, hips an waist but still my boobs refused to budge from my 40DD.
Then Whoosh - I dropped to 36E over about 3 months! Very weird.

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Sorry you're feeling icky Lou! Hope it goes away soon.

Giggles at your boobs - 'cos mine were exactly the same. I lost loads of bum, thighs, hips an waist but still my boobs refused to budge from my 40DD.
Then Whoosh - I dropped to 36E over about 3 months! Very weird.

It is strange isn't it. Eurgh my thighs are awful they only get to a size I can deal with when I get into the 9s and closet to 9 the better. I got really bad stretch marks on them when having my first and my skin isn't tight at all on them. A shame cos I had really good legs before that. The lowest I've been since having my son was 9.4 I felt great. I was always 8.3 before that but then I was a teen lol

hello again.......the lovely lou lou has got me back on track (thanks). I know that I keep coming and going but apart from life being crap I have been avoiding things. So by not logging in and reading posts etc i could pretend my weight wasnt going up!! and it has gone up and I am 4lb off target again (gutted). Lou made me stop and think what I could do next and having considered the VLCd I know i cant do that so will reign it in again to do SW.

I will tey to get posting again but i hate the mobile app and am not always near a computer these days! i hope you are all okay? i will try and catch up with whats been happening but I am likely to miss something.

my big news is i have had three nights without a drink !! no alcohol ????? its killing meeeeeeeeeeeee

Well 1 syn so far today on an apple crumble yoghurt.

I am going to a buffet on Saturday at my friends house and I won't be able to control the food. My friend is virtually housebound and she is so excited to see me there is no way I would dictate to her what I can eat so will just do my best as she will probably have ordered veggie Chinese and Indian goodies such as spring rolls and onion bhajis.

do you have a full diary on here? i will look over it if you want, im pretty good at spotting things ;) also dont forget you still lost a pound!!!! ok its not what you hoped for but you lost and a loss is a loss, dont be disappointed just remember that 1-2 pounds a week is a normal healthy amount to lose each week, and when you gt closer to target and within your healthy bmi, or close to it (which you are) its perfectly normal to plateau or see the losses slow a little. yes its annoying and we want the weight off NOW but what else are you gonna do with your time? you may aswell plod on, the alternitive is give up and stuff your face and gain for sure. you exercise lots and are confident your ssticking to plan, youve just started drinking more water too so this could just be the way your body loses weight. dont be so down on yourself. can i just say, as i have said to someone else tonight that maybe you are having too big portions or snacking freely on free and super free which is strictly speaking sticking to plan but it all contains cals and it could be that your having too much? im hvaing 1200 a day most days but more on a weekend, averaging me out at 1500 a day, ive had to cut this back this week, no massive cal intake on a weekend as i stayed the same when strictly speaking 1500 a day is little enough to deserve a pound loss, and actually youd be surprised how little food you get for 1500 cals too and its really brought it home how much i was eaitng before. like i say im happy to look at a food diary and if you could maybe take pics of everything your eating to give an idea on portion control, just for a week or so? i did this when i was doing sw and it did make me really stop and think x

I keep a food diary but in a notebook at home, I won't be able to put it up until Monday but I'll do that & you can tell me if there's anything you think I can change etc. I am happy I lost a pound I just wish I could every week. Ever since starting SW my weightloss/gains have been unexplainable which is annoying as most people lose loads quickly when they start off then hit plateaus, I've found it to be a plateau the whole way. I just wish I could explain a gain or sts but I never can. Recently I've found it so hard & wanted to quit but I can't. I don't know how to do anything other than SW & I really do love it. I have such a choice of what to eat, I know LOVE veggies, snack on fruit as my #1 choice & I can eat chocolate everyday!! I couldn't do something else, it wouldn't feel right. My calorie intake in the past few weeks has probably averaged at 1300-1400 a day but I'm then burning off between 150 to 400. If anything I think I could be undereating so I'm trying to eat more (which is actually hard when you don't want to!). I love exercise so that's something I couldn't give up.

I used to take photos of my meals but stoipped as I did nothing with them, maybe after next WI I'll take pics agian tpo post them & you can tell me if you think they're too big/small/unbalanced etc. I'd really appreciate the help. It may be that maybe I'm doing it all right but the weight just won't come off. I'm happy I lost this week but it didn't seem much given I'd gained & sts before. Hey ho I'll continue!! :)

Naughty step for me 3 off this week!

shelster well done hunni

lisa your going over and over past weeks saying you dont consistently lose, we pinpointed the problem could be lack of water and you increased it then lost a pound, which is a great result! stop looking back, youve altered something and it worked, a pound a week is great and just because you didnt lose a pound a week before doesnt mean you wont now...youve changed something your doing havent you? so it stands to reason if you have an identical week next week to this week that you should lose yet another pound or maybe more next week. also you say you cant do anything other than sw, its the only thing that works for you...so if its working then cheer up woman :D you also say you have chocolate every day, im sorry but i could not have chocolate every day on top of my meals and snack on fruit my cals would be closer to 2000...unless your living on salad for your meals? i would say cut out the snacks, reduce the syns you have each day and cut back on the portion size if you wasnt losing BUT you are losing and have lost this week, i dont think you need to change a thing...a pound a week is a healthy loss, as i said dont look back look forward, you lost this week be pleased and keep doing what your doing then theres no reason you wont lose next week. dont let impatience get the better of you, the weight is coming off and its probably at a rate that your body likes, and i bet your toning up from all that exercise your doing and you must feel better in yourself? cheer up ;)

Thanks Lou I needed that. I don't ever mean to sound like I'm moaning about a loss but over the course of a few months my average loss can sometimes be 1lb a month & I can't help but compare myself to the hundreds of others who lose a couple each week. I guess this week I just felt i'd have a crazy big loss, shouldn't expect miracles eh!! For me I set very reasonable & realistic goals (1lb a week) which since I started month go I can't even do. And I am impatient to a T!!! Seriously bad thing to be but I always have been. In theory if you stick to SW you should lose the weight consistently which is why it bums me out that I don't. Oh to be consistent! :) I should have said the chocolate I has everyday is a curly wurly which is 6 syns & around 115 calories so not much really. I recently tried two weeks of 5-10 syns followed by a week of full syns & I think I actually do better when I have closer to the full 15, which makes me think there are days I reckon I'm not eating enough. Almost everyday I have salad for lunch, not because I think I have to live on lettuce to lose weight but because I actually love salad & I always bulk it up with either cheese & new potatoes or couscous & cottage cheese. My evening meal is quite balanced & a bigger (normal size I mean) meal. I'm going to be AWOL this weekend so ill post my food diary for you monday. I'll be interested to see if you wouldn't mind having a nose to see if you can spot anything ive missed!!

LisaC said:
Thanks Lou I needed that. I don't ever mean to sound like I'm moaning about a loss but over the course of a few months my average loss can sometimes be 1lb a month & I can't help but compare myself to the hundreds of others who lose a couple each week. I guess this week I just felt i'd have a crazy big loss, shouldn't expect miracles eh!! For me I set very reasonable & realistic goals (1lb a week) which since I started month go I can't even do. And I am impatient to a T!!! Seriously bad thing to be but I always have been. In theory if you stick to SW you should lose the weight consistently which is why it bums me out that I don't. Oh to be consistent! :) I should have said the chocolate I has everyday is a curly wurly which is 6 syns & around 115 calories so not much really. I recently tried two weeks of 5-10 syns followed by a week of full syns & I think I actually do better when I have closer to the full 15, which makes me think there are days I reckon I'm not eating enough. Almost everyday I have salad for lunch, not because I think I have to live on lettuce to lose weight but because I actually love salad & I always bulk it up with either cheese & new potatoes or couscous & cottage cheese. My evening meal is quite balanced & a bigger (normal size I mean) meal. I'm going to be AWOL this weekend so ill post my food diary for you monday. I'll be interested to see if you wouldn't mind having a nose to see if you can spot anything ive missed!!

It could well be your not eating enough. I don't know without looking but the only true way is to be totally brutally honest with yourself. If you weren't eating enough you'd need to be consistently eating less than 1200 cals to slow things down. I do think in all honesty the times your not losing that your missing something. It's almost always the case. I had 6 months of basically losing nothing on Sw I wasn't doing anything different to what I was the previous few months when I'd lost 2.5 stone but I just couldn't shift it. Now I've switched to something different it's coming off again. Sw does work but sometimes a change is good. Do u do ee? Maybe do red and green alternate to kick your body into action?

It could well be your not eating enough. I don't know without looking but the only true way is to be totally brutally honest with yourself. If you weren't eating enough you'd need to be consistently eating less than 1200 cals to slow things down. I do think in all honesty the times your not losing that your missing something. It's almost always the case. I had 6 months of basically losing nothing on Sw I wasn't doing anything different to what I was the previous few months when I'd lost 2.5 stone but I just couldn't shift it. Now I've switched to something different it's coming off again. Sw does work but sometimes a change is good. Do u do ee? Maybe do red and green alternate to kick your body into action?

Do you remember me saying before that my C used I recommend to me to have a cheat day/night? Although this obviously isn't part of the SW plan she said I was being "too good", all I did was stick to plan. But I do believe my body gets stuck in a rut very quickly, that's why I have to mix up exercise or my body gets too used to it. I do EE yes but I'll always have the 1/3 Superfree so the only difference between green & EE for me is the one A & B but I used to find having two on green didnt help me lose. I tried doing veggie red days but found I was eating so much veg with a meal that it didn't fill me up properly. A friend said shes heard trying something for two days then something else for two etc etc is good as your body doesn't get used to it & it can help lose the weight. Maybe I should stick at EE but have two days with two HEX's then two days with one & so on??

LisaC said:
Do you remember me saying before that my C used I recommend to me to have a cheat day/night? Although this obviously isn't part of the SW plan she said I was being "too good", all I did was stick to plan. But I do believe my body gets stuck in a rut very quickly, that's why I have to mix up exercise or my body gets too used to it. I do EE yes but I'll always have the 1/3 Superfree so the only difference between green & EE for me is the one A & B but I used to find having two on green didnt help me lose. I tried doing veggie red days but found I was eating so much veg with a meal that it didn't fill me up properly. A friend said shes heard trying something for two days then something else for two etc etc is good as your body doesn't get used to it & it can help lose the weight. Maybe I should stick at EE but have two days with two HEX's then two days with one & so on??

I would just do whatever you did thus week. You lost a pound and if you do the same next week it stands to reason you'll
Lose again. Extra easy never worked for me at all I was eating too
Much and I think I only ever lost once. Red days worked best for me personally. Are you vegetarian? Have you tried success express? May be worth a shot for a week? I have a diary somewhere with the rules and some pics of meals.

Back