The really slow loss team!

Well I feel totally deflated down and just really really upset.

I am trying not to cry.

I have always had home weigh in on a Saturday as I used to use weight loss resources - calorie counting website so the habit stuck. For the past year I have been recording the weight on my phone and I started SW nearly a year ago.

So with two weeks to go till my year I have just entered my weight and over 50 weeks I have lost a total of 4.4 lbs or 2kgs. I am so ashamed and devastated.

Yes I have had two holidays in that time but surely to hell I would have lost more and then maintained or yo yo ed but nope I have failed so much in the past year and feel like I have wasted so much money.

I am just speechless and I truly don't know where to go next (((

How could I be such a big failure ? My BMI is back to borderline 30 which is bad as I have to be under to stay on the pill.

I am so ashamed

Latte said:
Well I feel totally deflated down and just really really upset.

I am trying not to cry.

I have always had home weigh in on a Saturday as I used to use weight loss resources - calorie counting website so the habit stuck. For the past year I have been recording the weight on my phone and I started SW nearly a year ago.

So with two weeks to go till my year I have just entered my weight and over 50 weeks I have lost a total of 4.4 lbs or 2kgs. I am so ashamed and devastated.

Yes I have had two holidays in that time but surely to hell I would have lost more and then maintained or yo yo ed but nope I have failed so much in the past year and feel like I have wasted so much money.

I am just speechless and I truly don't know where to go next (((

How could I be such a big failure ? My BMI is back to borderline 30 which is bad as I have to be under to stay on the pill.

I am so ashamed

Firstly have a hug xx
Secondly stop feeling guilty and ashamed that won't help anything, you can't change what has been and looking back is only going to
Make you feel worse. Delete all your previous weight recordings, and start again. It's upto you where you go from here. Use this as an opportunity to change things, decide which path you want to follow diet wise and commit to it. Which means fully commit to it, it's not worth feeling this down for the sake of meals out etc. you had health problems recently and mustn't be too hard on yourself but previous to that we had s long spell of guessing syns and being in denial over what you was and wasn't eating. I think now it's time to be totally honest with yourself and every single thing you put in your mouth should be weighed measured and counted. If you can't weigh and measure it, don't eat it. When eating out you can check where you are goin g and plan what to have while you have the chance to sit and work out exactly how many syns it is and if you can't find it online ring head office that's what they are there for. Pick yourself up and dust yourself down and make a new plan. Remember your size doesn't define who you are as a person, your not a failure as a person cos you've struggled, your human. It's where you go from here. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

conlou1 said:
Firstly have a hug xx
Secondly stop feeling guilty and ashamed that won't help anything, you can't change what has been and looking back is only going to
Make you feel worse. Delete all your previous weight recordings, and start again. It's upto you where you go from here. Use this as an opportunity to change things, decide which path you want to follow diet wise and commit to it. Which means fully commit to it, it's not worth feeling this down for the sake of meals out etc. you had health problems recently and mustn't be too hard on yourself but previous to that we had s long spell of guessing syns and being in denial over what you was and wasn't eating. I think now it's time to be totally honest with yourself and every single thing you put in your mouth should be weighed measured and counted. If you can't weigh and measure it, don't eat it. When eating out you can check where you are goin g and plan what to have while you have the chance to sit and work out exactly how many syns it is and if you can't find it online ring head office that's what they are there for. Pick yourself up and dust yourself down and make a new plan. Remember your size doesn't define who you are as a person, your not a failure as a person cos you've struggled, your human. It's where you go from here. Xx

Hear hear,lou xx

Latte speaks kind honest words and you need to try and hear what she is saying, it's not going to be an easy read but she is right. I remember your portion sizes being big, your mid understanding of herrings lol and your use of your extras in meals that you ate out. Then you gained on holidays then you had surgery then your mum lavished you in food!! And illness and medication thrown on!!?

Seriously you can decide what to do with the results, and only you. This can be a wake up call or it could be the most negative thing in the world but only you can make that decision. It's not easy I know, but decide what you have to do and don't berrate yourself x

Naughty step for me 3 off this week!
Well done chica and get your purse out! Round on you - get some champagne in.

Sorry I've been awol - and will be for a few more days, got friends staying who need amusing all the time. Be back on Tuesday I hope

Yay!! Well done Lou!!! I lost 2lbs on fri which means I'm only 2 from dropping under my first stone. I cant wait! Going to start shred tonight as id rather loose inches than lbs at the mo anyway. I always seem to be an 18 no matter what I weigh oddly! So maybe that's going to be a good way to start changing my shape. Congrats on the loss, here's to dropping stone brackets! Yey xx

Yay!! Well done Lou!!! I lost 2lbs on fri which means I'm only 2 from dropping under my first stone. I cant wait! Going to start shred tonight as id rather loose inches than lbs at the mo anyway. I always seem to be an 18 no matter what I weigh oddly! So maybe that's going to be a good way to start changing my shape. Congrats on the loss, here's to dropping stone brackets! Yey xx

wooo well done to you hunni thats brilliant!! im weighing more than once a week cos it spurs me on, im changing mfp app each time i weigh but im only going to change stats on her eonce a week. on the size thing, i started at 14 stone and was an 16/18, i could get into 16's but they were tight, and it massively depended where i got them from, i dropped into a proper 16 after about 10 pound, but i didnt get into a 14 until not long ago and despite being a 14 in most stuff and a 12 in some dresses, some of my 14 jeans still dont fit and im under 11 stone now....but the point im making is it took over 2 stone to drop into the dress size below but as you get closer to your taarget it takes less weight loss to drop a dress size, i do understand how annying it is though to be losing the pounds and you feel your shrinking butyour still stuck in the same dress size. exercise will certainly help, and as you lose more weight i promise you will break into the size bracket below...keep going x

Thanks! I say i'm at 18 but it really depends where I shop. And I live in leggings anyway so really I dunno what size I am! I was really upset a while ago I had to do a Uni placement and wear some trousers (size18) I hadn't had on since last summer that were baggy then but wouldn't do up well in jan, it's what made me start SW properly again. I'm too scared to try them back on as I've lost 11lbs since then but will be upset if they feel the same. Once I get to 1 stone loss I'm going to try them again. My bf said yesterday I look different, and Def like I've lost weight so that felt nice. My stomach is my prob area so maybe the shred will help. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend? Xx

I don't know why it did that weird emoticon thing?! I meant size 18 ... Strange!

Once I'd mentioned the trousers that fit horribly in jan I couldn't get them out of my head so I went and tried. 2 pairs that were awful and bulgy when I started SW now fit perfectly! Yay! X

Wioooo great news!!!! I periodically try my too small clothes on and I've had 2 pairs of trousers that were too small now fall down. It's a great feeling. And SO worth the hard work and 'missing out' on stuff cos the only thing your really
Missing out on when you binge is your own happiness. I think there should be more emphasis on the psychological side of weight cos most people know what they shouldn't and shouldn't eat but it's having the self control and getting out of denial that's hard. It's taken me years and finally thus last 6-7 weeks it's just clicked. They should do counselling or cbt to help ppl with weight loss issues I bet it would be more successful and save money in the long run x

lou what was that book you mentioned to get ? and you star getting under 10 stone !!!!!!!!!!! yay yay!

Char thats also a great achievement you must be proud and inspired now?

hello pommy x x

Definitely spurred me on! Going to get changed and do the shred for the first time after come fine with me! Excited! X

It was the beck diet solution. It's brilliant. Really puts things into perspective. You have to be tough on yourself though. I had 1800 cals tonight normally have 1200 a day and 2000 plus on a weekend but been good this weekend. It's not an excuse but I'm craving sugar and carbs and I've fainted twice in the last 2 days. It's my bloody period so tonight I allowed myself a bit of what I wanted cos I couldnt take feeling dizzy. As soon as I had a cereal
Bar it stopped. Think I need to look at the actual foods I'm eating and eat more carbs and less fat and protein. I really need to do toning exercise too my skin on my tummy looks awful. New goal sit ups and arm exercises!!

Morning ladies!!

I've been AWOL this weekend so just catching up with all the posts. I've had 3 days away, I took my own food & stuck to plan but I wasn't able to exercise or drink as much. My jeans are tight today so going to drink drink drink. Lou I'm going to post my weeks diary for you to go over if you don't mind.

Back