The really slow loss team!

LisaC said:
I think I do but I also think it must be sensitive (if that is possible!). Even if I need to go a tiny bit I can feel pressure on my bladder. When I do my 30DS I go before, then after the warm up thena gain during it, that just isn't right! :( I only have pasta every other week, if that, and not much of it. I don't eat salty foods, I don't think... I'm going to keep it up, I just hope my Dr can help. I've done pelvic floor exercises a lot in the past & they made no difference. Imagine how bad I'd be if I had kids, dread to think!! :eek:

Haha I think there's something called an irritable bladder? Or you can have a funny shaped bladder that doesn't empty in one go, I've heard of it quite a lot, it's where the bladder almost has 2 parts to it and you empty one part then the. Wee from the other part fills the first bit again so you feel like you need a wee not long after going. The rocking backwards and forward is one technique I've heard about. Could be worth a try. Definitely get it checked out though you shouldn't need to wee 3 times in 20 minutes that's excessive and it could be something completely correctable.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha I think there's something called an irritable bladder? Or you can have a funny shaped bladder that doesn't empty in one go, I've heard of it quite a lot, it's where the bladder almost has 2 parts to it and you empty one part then the. Wee from the other part fills the first bit again so you feel like you need a wee not long after going. The rocking backwards and forward is one technique I've heard about. Could be worth a try. Definitely get it checked out though you shouldn't need to wee 3 times in 20 minutes that's excessive and it could be something completely correctable.

Sounds like it could be that!! I should have had it checked out years ago but to be honest I was put off as I thought they'd do some sort of examination. I never really thought things like that could be helped with anything other than exercises so I'll see what he says.

LisaC said:
Sounds like it could be that!! I should have had it checked out years ago but to be honest I was put off as I thought they'd do some sort of examination. I never really thought things like that could be helped with anything other than exercises so I'll see what he says.

Let me know how u get on. Think they can look by using ultra sound. Wouldn't imagine it was your pelvic floor as your young and don't have kids. Xx

Let me know how u get on. Think they can look by using ultra sound. Wouldn't imagine it was your pelvic floor as your young and don't have kids. Xx

I've had two internal ultra sounds for my hormone problems. As long as its not that I don't mind!

Everyones so chatty at the mo! I can't keep up! Let us know what the doctor said Lisa fingers crossed it is something fixable, and don't be put off by exams as a few mins of feeling a bit awkward and uncomfortable are def better than spending your life sat on a loo! Hehe.

I'm gutted today. Had 2 rest days from shred at weekend and did it last night and was so happy I followed the advanced one but woke up and I've wrecked my knee :( it hurts so much. Walked all the school runs to try and loosen it out put still hurts like mad. Grrrrr!!! X

Ok so my Dr appointment didn't go as planned. I needed to discuss two things with him. I needed a pill check (I've been on Cilest 8 years) & said I'm worried the hormones aren't helping me as I struggle so much to lose weight. Anyway I'm having blood tests tomorrow & he said any thyroid problems (which I was checked for 3 years ago but he said that could have changed) can be linked to the bladder so until I get those results I can't do anything about my bladder! Anyway I asked if there was another pill to try & he's put me on Microgynon 30ED. Obviously all meds have the usual sides effects but I've done some research & the most common with this is weight gain, almost every reviewer says they gained weight. I asked my dr about that as I said some meds increase your appetite & obviously if you eat more you'll gain weight, he said not mecessrily, some pills just cause weight gain. Anyway I was wondering of any of you have been on this or know anyone who has? I'm willing to try it to see if the difference in hormones could help but now I'm terrified I'll put on more weight! Feeling hopeless :(

i gained with microgynon but it doesnt mean you will. lets face it tho ALL oral contraceptives make you gain weight because they trick your body into believing you are pregnant! horrible things they are but that is how they stop you getting pregnant

LisaC said:
Ok so my Dr appointment didn't go as planned. I needed to discuss two things with him. I needed a pill check (I've been on Cilest 8 years) & said I'm worried the hormones aren't helping me as I struggle so much to lose weight. Anyway I'm having blood tests tomorrow & he said any thyroid problems (which I was checked for 3 years ago but he said that could have changed) can be linked to the bladder so until I get those results I can't do anything about my bladder! Anyway I asked if there was another pill to try & he's put me on Microgynon 30ED. Obviously all meds have the usual sides effects but I've done some research & the most common with this is weight gain, almost every reviewer says they gained weight. I asked my dr about that as I said some meds increase your appetite & obviously if you eat more you'll gain weight, he said not mecessrily, some pills just cause weight gain. Anyway I was wondering of any of you have been on this or know anyone who has? I'm willing to try it to see if the difference in hormones could help but now I'm terrified I'll put on more weight! Feeling hopeless :(

I gained 2 stone on this one and nothing on cilest. Have u thought about a progesterone only pill? If not the pill Yasmin has been associated with weight loss. I tried it but I just turned into a psycho, really violent mood swings. I wouldn't take microgynon if I were you, it's the pill they start everyone on and everyone I know gained weight on it. My sister just went on the pill and put a stone and a half on. Is condoms not an option? Or the coil?

I gained 2 stone on this one and nothing on cilest. Have u thought about a progesterone only pill? If not the pill Yasmin has been associated with weight loss. I tried it but I just turned into a psycho, really violent mood swings. I wouldn't take microgynon if I were you, it's the pill they start everyone on and everyone I know gained weight on it. My sister just went on the pill and put a stone and a half on. Is condoms not an option? Or the coil?

My periods are totally messed up & horrendously painful so I have to be on a pill. I know all meds have that side effect but seeing just how many gain weight from this one doesn't give me much confidence!!

I was on Cilest anyway but I feel I need a progesterone one only. I did say to my dr that as I have excess estrogen balancing that out could help so when he prescribed me this I assumed it was a lower dose of it but no it is almost the same as what I was on. I have just read about Yasmin, it sounds great regarding weight although it still has 30mg estrogen, which is the same as Microgynon & only 5mg less than Cilest so I'm not sure it would help me? Ive got to see the dr again in 4 weeks but don't want to risk trying this new one until then, but if I don't get something else it'll be another month gone by. Sometimes my dr has a way of making me feel I'm wasting his time.

I'm on cerazette, its ok, the first time I took it I piled on the weight, but that was my fault really, I changed from 2 really active jobs to a desk one, where you could eat at your desk. Pretty much all pills can make you gain weight, but its up to you whether you differentiate between real hunger and what your hormones are telling you. I gained about 1 and half stone this time, but again that was lifestyle choices, I was stupid and ate what I wanted, once I started SW I curbed it though, so if you already make good food choices and are aware then you should be ok. xx

I'm on cerazette, its ok, the first time I took it I piled on the weight, but that was my fault really, I changed from 2 really active jobs to a desk one, where you could eat at your desk. Pretty much all pills can make you gain weight, but its up to you whether you differentiate between real hunger and what your hormones are telling you. I gained about 1 and half stone this time, but again that was lifestyle choices, I was stupid and ate what I wanted, once I started SW I curbed it though, so if you already make good food choices and are aware then you should be ok. xx

That's actually what I implied to my dr, that even though I may feel more hungry because of the pill I'm o.n I eat really really well so wouldn't be eating enough to gain, he just implied I'm probably someone who gains it naturally because of the pill rather the excess food. Joy!

Ive decided to phone my surgery in the morning & get the next app I can. I've looked up the prog-only but that makes your periods erratic & I couldn't have that, they're too bad to effect me as & when they feel like arriving. My only choice is Yasmin which given what I've read I'm v.happy to try.

LisaC said:
That's actually what I implied to my dr, that even though I may feel more hungry because of the pill I'm o.n I eat really really well so wouldn't be eating enough to gain, he just implied I'm probably someone who gains it naturally because of the pill rather the excess food. Joy!

Ive decided to phone my surgery in the morning & get the next app I can. I've looked up the prog-only but that makes your periods erratic & I couldn't have that, they're too bad to effect me as & when they feel like arriving. My only choice is Yasmin which given what I've read I'm v.happy to try.

Tell the doctor you've done your research and you would like to give Yasmin a try. It's your body you have a right to choose which pill to be on, be firm and assertive if he won't listen see someone else. Good luck xx

Tell the doctor you've done your research and you would like to give Yasmin a try. It's your body you have a right to choose which pill to be on, be firm and assertive if he won't listen see someone else. Good luck xx

I will. I sound like a total wimp but I'm so uncomfortable talking about this kind of thing I always feel I have to take what I've been given & be happy with it. But you're right, I'll say that's what I want. It really does seem my only option & so many find it has good effects on their weight so it could be a breakthrough for me.

LisaC said:
I will. I sound like a total wimp but I'm so uncomfortable talking about this kind of thing I always feel I have to take what I've been given & be happy with it. But you're right, I'll say that's what I want. It really does seem my only option & so many find it has good effects on their weight so it could be a breakthrough for me.

Fingers crossed. Remember it takes 3 months for any pill to settle into your system so you'll have to
Give it at least that amount of time to decide if it's for you or not. If u don't want to
Go into your doctors. Ring and ask if he would prescribe it over the phone seeing as you only saw him yesterday, explain you don't want to take up an
Appointment, he should do it

Back