The really slow loss team!

It's really Good for you even if it doesn't help weight loss it's better than drinking tea or coffee. I've just started drinking japanese matcha tea, it's good. It's like a zillion times stronger than green tea but tastes nicer weirdly! X

imagejpeg

Heres my carb free lunch today! Lemon salad with chargrilled peppers & tomatoes with some quorn fajita strips. A warm salad basically, it's yummy!

It was lovely although I put a little too much lemon juice on the salad, too sour!

Yeah I've notched nothing to be honest from the green tea. I've been taking 3 other supplements too to balance out estrogen & since that time I've not been as hungry. My dr always says give any tablets 3months to really get in your system. I didn't expect weight to fall off but given that I lost nothing in June it's not a good sign!

Their are pads u can buy In wilkinson and holland and baret u out them on ur feet at night and u wake up in morn and the pads gone black. It pulls out the toxins in ur body and u can see the evidence. It's meant to help weight loss coz toxins can clog u up. Wether it works or not I don't know coz I'm dieting too? But taking the bad toxins out ur body isn't a bad thing so worth a shot x

Does sweet potato count as carbs? Or is it Superfree? I'm being thick! I've seen a recipe for potato layer pie & thought I could use s/potato to keep the carbs down...?

Their are pads u can buy In wilkinson and holland and baret u out them on ur feet at night and u wake up in morn and the pads gone black. It pulls out the toxins in ur body and u can see the evidence. It's meant to help weight loss coz toxins can clog u up. Wether it works or not I don't know coz I'm dieting too? But taking the bad toxins out ur body isn't a bad thing so worth a shot x

that sounds almost amazing! Although the "if something sounds too good to be true" saying comes to mind. Worth googling reviews though!

LisaC said:
Does sweet potato count as carbs? Or is it Superfree? I'm being thick! I've seen a recipe for potato layer pie & thought I could use s/potato to keep the carbs down...?

Same as normal potatoes in the green plan free foods

They are still carbs but better for you than white potatoes x

hey you chatty bunch!!! i think sweet potatoes contain less carbs, they are less starchy and cook a lot quicker so less dense, id say they are a better option than white potatoes...BNS is even better and sweeter

i STILL have a headache, taken paracetamol and ibuprofen but it just wont budge, my eyes are burning and my neck kills. im feeling like eating lots of comfort foods, which always happens when i get a migraine headache but im determined not to give in. ive done lots of walking today...3 hours worth! so not bad considering i felt so rubbish, it was only slow plodding walking though, not hard core walking lol.

Walking is walking Lou - slow or fast, it's all good exercise. Good on you!

Hope your headache goes soon :)

Annya said:
Walking is walking Lou - slow or fast, it's all good exercise. Good on you!

Hope your headache goes soon :)
Me too. I don't normally use my exercise cals but I have today. My will power is not as strong as usual so im pleased I had the exercise cals to fall back on. Going to have to be extra good at the 3 meals I have planned before next weigh in. I know I can still lose if I make sensible choices. I wont be drinking at 2 of the meals and tomorrows meal ive planned a beer with the meal and a mojito for afterwards. No starter and no pudding. If its not raining were walking to town fit the meal which is about 30 minute walk and well probably stroll home weather pending. So fingers crossed for warm dry weather!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to purchase bathroom scales today! Not sure if this correct thing to do as I think I could become obsessed with weighing myself everyday. Right now i'm thinking they would be good to have so I can jump on them midway through the week to see how i'm doing:)

Good grief - I go awol for 3 days and I come back to 5 bluimin' pages. You were a chatty lot on Friday - about insecurities so I'll come back to theat later and just answer an easy question

Not SUPERFREE but free on EE & Green - not listed as a HexB on Red (or need to use syns).
But I've substituted roasted sweet potato for a baked spud in the past and it hasn't drastically altered my (slow) loss.
One of the many tweaks I've done in the past - slapped wrist, naughty naughty Pom :D

They're actually higher in cals and carbs unfortunately according to MFP

Calories
Carbs
Fiber
Sugar
Chol
Sat Fat
Generic - Baking Potato Raw 250 g,
Generic - Sweet Potato (Raw), 250 g

Last edited:
Pommette said:
Good grief - I go awol for 3 days and I come back to 5 bluimin' pages. You were a chatty lot on Friday - about insecurities so I'll come back to theat later and just answer an easy question

Not SUPERFREE but free on EE & Green - not listed as a HexB on Red (or need to use syns).
But I've substituted roasted sweet potato for a baked spud in the past and it hasn't drastically alytered my (slow) loss.

They're actually higher in cals or carbs unfortunately according to MFP
Calories
Carbs
Fiber
Sugar
Chol
Sat Fat
Generic - Baking Potato Raw 250 g,
Generic - Sweet Potato (Raw), 250 g

I can't see the last bit but I'm surprised they're higher in cals and carbs, just goes to show how things like that can slip you up I used to substitute potato for sweet potato a lot thinking it was better!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

. . . Your so right Pom and I need to thank you on this... You said a while ago the whole battle with weight is in your head. It's rung in my ears for months before I actually clicked but I knew it was true I knew it was my excuses and 'sabotage' (hate that word) that were stopping me losing. Nothing else. I'd recommend everyone concentrating for a week on their thoughts about food and challenge yourself as to why your eating every time you eat and how you felt after. You'll learn a lot about yourself.
Thank you so much Lou - it's good to know that something I've said has helped you - and your head certainly IS in the right place now.
Well done you! :D

. . .also, can anyone explain this to me.....the last 2 days ive had a stramge feeling of panic about the fact ive lost weight, i dont understand it, i felt almost scared? it was weird, i guess i kinda cant believe ive got to where i have as i never expected to get here, and for some reason when i was thinking about it yesterday i felt a bit weird. maybe because id told myself i wouldnt lose it the fact i have has proved me wrong but i dont understand why i feel a bit panicky about it. im not going to stop what im doing as i wangt to get to target but i dont like this weird feeling...anyone shed any light?
I think loads of people have already answered this but yes it is TOTALLY NORMAL.
It was my "getting to target" post on my fred where I talked about getting my head around dieting and I had a very emotional few days.
I just could not accept that "I'D DONE IT!"

I still felt fat, I still didn't see the new me in the mirror and couldn't visualise the 4 drops in size. But woo hoo I was a 14 top again!
Now for a lady who really does have a very large frame that was staggering to me (even my doctor admitted that I was larger than anyone he'd ever come across in terms of hip and shoulder width).

We all have our insecurities and many think that losing the weight will solve everything. IT WON'T !!!
Can't remember who said it on here (and now can't find it either :cry:) but losing weight will not solve the underlying issues.
For example, if you hated your job before - but didn't do anything about it because your weight was stopping you - you'll still hate it afterwards.
You need to go find a new job and let that give you a boost to lose even more weight!
Not so sure I've explained that well - but hope you can all see what I mean.

One of the big issues that many people have when they get to target is that they can't stop! Several people on here have dropped more weight and their C's get concerned about their low BMI. Again this is all about insecurites as people, like me, can't see that they have lost the amount of weight they have, or see themselves as thin (or thinner in my case - I do still have some flobby bits that won't go away)
Honest :8855:

Last edited:
I've got just over 2st to go which I know isn't a huge amount but given how long it's taken to lose 1st it seems miles away. Last October I got down to 10'12 so I know I can get to a lower weight with SW. (In 2007 I got down to 9'9 but that was eating 300-500calories a day which I will never ever do again). I am going to keep calories in mind with every meal, there's no point me eating the daily amount which will only maintain my weight, I'm sure I can lower it week by week until I'm more used to it & feel happy with that amount. I won't cut out carbs totally, I don't think I could! Like you said if I cut them out altogether then when I do have them it's bound to relfect very badly at WI. I'll get my fat % measured next chance I get. I feel really really good inside so even though that doesn't relfect on the scales I'm the healthiest I've ever been & thanks to SW I love fruit & veggies!! :)

Lisa chica

Stop focusing on the 2 st to go!
Your BMI at the moment is 27.7 and you are aiming at a BMI of 22.5.
BUT as you get nearer and nearer to a BMI of 25, ie top of normal range, then the harder it gets.
You have less body fat to lose and I know BMI isn't everything but is its rough guide.

Look at me - my target final BMI is only 26!!! And you aren't much above that.

Set yourself some much smaller goals. I had them every 3 or 4 lbs at things like
"get to the next half stone bracket"
"change my BMI by 1/2 point"
"achieve 1½ st loss"
etc etc

My first major one was get my BMI under 35! as I started at 36.8 and I whooped the day I did that!

So set some mini and slightly more major goals - ie get to 11½ st, get BMI to 27 (which would only be another 4 lbs off!), get to 11 st
And a big one of get my to BMI 25!! That's 16 lbs away!!!

Focus on the mini goals and not the end. Otherwise you will never get there!

Last edited:
Back