The really slow loss team!

Fingers crossed. Remember it takes 3 months for any pill to settle into your system so you'll have to
Give it at least that amount of time to decide if it's for you or not. If u don't want to
Go into your doctors. Ring and ask if he would prescribe it over the phone seeing as you only saw him yesterday, explain you don't want to take up an
Appointment, he should do it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah every tablet I've had to try for period pain I've tried at least 3 months. I'm happy to do that but this Microgynon just doesn't feel right. I'll call in the morning, he isn't great at phone calls so can't guarantee my Dr will do it over the phone but may as well try :)

I really hope you get somewhere Lisa I have been on the pill since I was 13 - now 37 they did try me on the mirena due to the endometriosis as that is meant to be the best hormone control for it but I bled for 18 months the whole time it was in and I ended up back on the pill and the mirena !

I am on femodene as that was the replacement for minulet which was the pill they decided suited me at 15 after trying quite a few inc microgynon. My hormone levels are stable on it and I can take three packs at a time with no break through. I have no idea if it affects my weight as I have been on it so long.

I know when I had to come off it for tests I PUT ON 10lbs as my hormones lost control due to the PCOS so I needed to go back on as my testosterone trebled in the time I was off it. Plus I was gymming and weight training and carb counting and dieting as it was one of my peak fitness phases and I still gained weight off the pill, which the Dr said was normal if like me you need it for hormone control

Ah Latte sounds like you've been through it all & tried it all!! :( I'm happy to try new things but before you know it another year's gone & you may have tried 4 new meds that have no positive effects. As I said to my dr I don't expect miracles, I know no pill will make the weight drop off but I have links between my hormones & weight so I need to balance that whilst regulating it all. I just hope he goes with what I say. I wish I'd looked it all up this morning before I went!!

I'm thinking about coming off the pill completely. I'm starting to think putting all these hormones in everyday isn't good. I'm so much more emotional than I used to be, and when I wasn't on the pill my weight would fluctuate but was always quite easy to come off, I dunno it's so hard, I hate condoms and when ur in a long term relationship they are such a chore, and I would worry I was pregnant again all the time. It's so hard being a girl! Guys have no idea! Xx

I'm glad hubby has had the snip lol. I went to a Chinese herbal shop and he recommended acupuncture. I might try it but it's £25 a session which is a lot. But my friend is having it for acne and other problems and she looks fantastic. So I'm gonna give it a whirl.

I tried going back on the pill a couple of months ago but lasted 10 days and had to come off it, I was starving all the time it drove me nuts. Since then I've had a normal period, which is weird. I just hope I keep having them regular. I know if I don't have a period for ages I start feeling weird and out of sorts. But I must say I attributed my lack of weight loss to my dodgy periods but it wasn't that at all cos as soon as I cut out snacking and did cc the weights come off again.

I remember you saying to me lack of periods can affect weightloss, it's weird just after you were saying that I came on, lost 2lbs and then a week later had another one for some unknown reason and had a 3.5lb loss! It's so odd x

Even if my husband got the snip I would still have to be on the pill and I have been told I will probably end up on HRT as some women just need help with their hormones.

I know how frustrated you must be Lisa as I felt the same when I was being re diagnosed in 2000 . As I have said before when I hit puberty my weight went from 8stone to 12stone and I was sent to the obese clinic at the children's hospital as back then no one knew about PCOS or wonky women's hormones. It was only in 2000 when I was properly diagnosed things made sense.

Hang in there we are all here for you x

What do you want to have it for Lou? Your skin? I've been having acu since January! It was for period pain but she covers all health issues, he even tried to tackle my bladder problem, sadly didn't help that. I've now cut down to 1 session a month (don't ask what I pay!!) & I feel it eases period pain but only a teeny bit, but it's enough to keep it going. I think so many people respond to acu it really is worth trying.

LisaC said:
What do you want to have it for Lou? Your skin? I've been having acu since January! It was for period pain but she covers all health issues, he even tried to tackle my bladder problem, sadly didn't help that. I've now cut down to 1 session a month (don't ask what I pay!!) & I feel it eases period pain but only a teeny bit, but it's enough to keep it going. I think so many people respond to acu it really is worth trying.

I'd like to have it for massively irregular periods I can go 5 months without one. Doctors diagnosed mild pcos based on symptoms and bloods I had done years ago but the last lot I had came back normal but as I'd just had a period apparently that's not an accurate time to do them ? I do find when I haven't had a period for a while I don't lose weight but like I say I have lost it recently by changing a few things in my diet so not sure if that was the case with me personally. But then I've had a withdrawal bleed from the pill then5-6 weeks later a proper period after spotting every 2 weeks so it could be that I'm losing it easier cos I'm having periods I do t know? Hormones affect lots of things well.....everything really and if they're out of balance do are we. I think my depression and anxiety is linked to hormones too do if acupuncture will help with all that I'd be happy.

Latte said:
I really hope you get somewhere Lisa I have been on the pill since I was 13 - now 37 they did try me on the mirena due to the endometriosis as that is meant to be the best hormone control for it but I bled for 18 months the whole time it was in and I ended up back on the pill and the mirena !

I am on femodene as that was the replacement for minulet which was the pill they decided suited me at 15 after trying quite a few inc microgynon. My hormone levels are stable on it and I can take three packs at a time with no break through. I have no idea if it affects my weight as I have been on it so long.

I know when I had to come off it for tests I PUT ON 10lbs as my hormones lost control due to the PCOS so I needed to go back on as my testosterone trebled in the time I was off it. Plus I was gymming and weight training and carb counting and dieting as it was one of my peak fitness phases and I still gained weight off the pill, which the Dr said was normal if like me you need it for hormone control

I am also on femodene to control my endometriosis, I've been on that many pills over the years, oh actually no I'm not on that one any more...oops! I changed to marvalon at Christmas as the symptoms of endo were getting worse :( let's see how long this one lasts lol

Being a woman sometimes just sucks :( imagine if we didn't have hormones...how fab would that be??!!!!!!! ;)

I'm thinking about coming off the pill completely. I'm starting to think putting all these hormones in everyday isn't good. I'm so much more emotional than I used to be, and when I wasn't on the pill my weight would fluctuate but was always quite easy to come off, I dunno it's so hard, I hate condoms and when ur in a long term relationship they are such a chore, and I would worry I was pregnant again all the time. It's so hard being a girl! Guys have no idea! Xx

I had the coil fitted and it worked brilliantly for me, that was also before i had my little boy-i didnt get pregnant on it tho LOL ! just saying even if you hadnt had children they can still be fitted...the good old copper one with no hormones on

I remember you saying to me lack of periods can affect weightloss, it's weird just after you were saying that I came on, lost 2lbs and then a week later had another one for some unknown reason and had a 3.5lb loss! It's so odd x

its not odd its wonderful mother nature, prior to your period coming your body retains fluids and fat to prepare for pregnancy it thinks pregnancy will happen so retains water in the middle to supply the pelvis with all the nutrients etc for conception. then when you dont get pregnant it all goes away. oooooo tho just thinking your on the pill arent you?? you wont ovulate so that is of no use to you that info !! ha ha ha! maybe it shows that when you have a hormone break you lose weight??

I'd like to have it for massively irregular periods I can go 5 months without one. Doctors diagnosed mild pcos based on symptoms and bloods I had done years ago but the last lot I had came back normal but as I'd just had a period apparently that's not an accurate time to do them ? I do find when I haven't had a period for a while I don't lose weight but like I say I have lost it recently by changing a few things in my diet so not sure if that was the case with me personally. But then I've had a withdrawal bleed from the pill then5-6 weeks later a proper period after spotting every 2 weeks so it could be that I'm losing it easier cos I'm having periods I do t know? Hormones affect lots of things well.....everything really and if they're out of balance do are we. I think my depression and anxiety is linked to hormones too do if acupuncture will help with all that I'd be happy.

That all sounds so crazy, you do well to put up with it. I'd definitely give Acu a go. I was first under a gynae 8 years ago & not one tablet has helped with the pain so last year I started looking at other things that may help. Although Acu hasn't cured me or even been brilliant (it has helped slightly) it's done more than all the meds have. I know so many people who say surely natural meds & natural methods are worth a try & should work on anything so for once I decided to think outside the box & try something alternative. I started having 1 session a week but after about 6 I totally cut it down, it was far too expensive for me, I've spent a bomb on it. Must admit one or two of the points she uses on me are apparently the most painful.....but it has to be done. And they're only in about 20 minutes anyway. I'd be interested to see how you get on!!

So I phoned my surgery this morning, I explained to the lady on reception I'm not happy trying Microgynon, when I explained how many gain weight she said yes that's absolutely true it's more than very common, so I'm wondering why my Dr put me on it when I was worried the pill was stopping me from losing weight!! I asked her to get him to call me giving me the ok to try Yasmin, she said she'll get the prescription done anyway & basically get him to sign it, she was so helpful. I was worried I'd have to put up a fight with him over the phone! Its so much easier speaking to a woman about it than a man! I was booked in to have two blood tests this afternoon (thyroid & something else), good job I mentioned this to her as she said blood tests are morning only so she has no idea why the boy last night booked me in at 4pm! Anyway I'll be having those Monday now & I'm on my pill free weak now so starting Yasmin (if all goes well with the Dr) next week. After reading about it I feel much happier about trying it & I almost feel relieved. Last night I was in such a state reading how many people gain on the Microgynon. I know it's common but it seemed more guaranteed than anything, it could have been a huge step backwards.

felicity62 said:
I had the coil fitted and it worked brilliantly for me, that was also before i had my little boy-i didnt get pregnant on it tho LOL ! just saying even if you hadnt had children they can still be fitted...the good old copper one with no hormones on

I had one last year, I really really hated it, so did the bf, I have like a backwards womb or something so it was painful and wouldn't go as far in as they should normally, it lasted about 5 weeks and I bled continuously :( x

I had one last year, I really really hated it, so did the bf, I have like a backwards womb or something so it was painful and wouldn't go as far in as they should normally, it lasted about 5 weeks and I bled continuously :( x

That sounds horrible :(

That all sounds so crazy, you do well to put up with it. I'd definitely give Acu a go. I was first under a gynae 8 years ago & not one tablet has helped with the pain so last year I started looking at other things that may help. Although Acu hasn't cured me or even been brilliant (it has helped slightly) it's done more than all the meds have. I know so many people who say surely natural meds & natural methods are worth a try & should work on anything so for once I decided to think outside the box & try something alternative. I started having 1 session a week but after about 6 I totally cut it down, it was far too expensive for me, I've spent a bomb on it. Must admit one or two of the points she uses on me are apparently the most painful.....but it has to be done. And they're only in about 20 minutes anyway. I'd be interested to see how you get on!!

So I phoned my surgery this morning, I explained to the lady on reception I'm not happy trying Microgynon, when I explained how many gain weight she said yes that's absolutely true it's more than very common, so I'm wondering why my Dr put me on it when I was worried the pill was stopping me from losing weight!! I asked her to get him to call me giving me the ok to try Yasmin, she said she'll get the prescription done anyway & basically get him to sign it, she was so helpful. I was worried I'd have to put up a fight with him over the phone! Its so much easier speaking to a woman about it than a man! I was booked in to have two blood tests this afternoon (thyroid & something else), good job I mentioned this to her as she said blood tests are morning only so she has no idea why the boy last night booked me in at 4pm! Anyway I'll be having those Monday now & I'm on my pill free weak now so starting Yasmin (if all goes well with the Dr) next week. After reading about it I feel much happier about trying it & I almost feel relieved. Last night I was in such a state reading how many people gain on the Microgynon. I know it's common but it seemed more guaranteed than anything, it could have been a huge step backwards.

i take herbal tablets which do actually help, i just need to remember to stop taking them for a week around when i feel my period coming on cos the agnus castus can stop periods altogether, which is what happened at the beginning of the year, i was taking them with black cohosh and its the best my periods have been but the common effect of black cohosh is weight gain :/ so im not risking taking anything thats going to make me put weight on, so im back to just the agnus castus this month, if i dont have a period for a while ill have to take the black cohosh, but its all only recommended for 6 months anyway, i dont mind having irregular periods, its not like i enjoy being on but if i dont have one for a while im bloated, my boobs kill, i get hurrendous period pains, spots etc and it can go on for weeks being like that it makes me feel really depressed, i tried the pill just to give me rehularity back but i couldnt cope with the constant hunger and i swelled up after the first week...thats not an option for me. so i think ill have to give acupuncture a shot, ill try anything!great news about your doctors!! your gp sounds totally useless, they always push microgynon and its sh1t, last time the doctor tried giving me that i just point blank said no. i always do my research before i take anything and go in armed. well done for being assertive, dont view yasmin as the answer to your problems though and give it a fair shot, just hopefully it will be a pill better suited to your body

i had the copper iud years ago, my womb is tilted and the pain when she put it in was horrific, and ive had 3 kids, but it was worse than that. i bled every day for 6 months, my stomach swelled up like a balloon, and i thikn i got pregnant a few months in as my boobs swelled to twice the normal size then i had the heaviest bleed and lots of pain...but ill never know, after 6 months i had it taken out and the relief was instant, i didnt realise how id got used to feeling constantly achey, and as soon as it was removed the pain went. i would NEVER have another one again, yet other people swear by them. my mum got pregnant with one in and lost the baby at 6 months as it had loads wrong with it. bad things i think

well its my birthday today and im going to a friends tonight for tea, its lasagna..i didnt really want pasta this week, but i cant refuse it thats just mean!! so ive budgeted for it ill have a small portion and on mfp home made lasagna is down as 400cals per 345g so ill just have a small portion and hopefully she will have done salad. ive already said im not drinking as i have the girls to get up with and since they seem to like getting up in the night again i cant have a drink anyway. salad for dinner to keep my cals nice and low. i dont want to go above 1500 today, so need to be really careful. i know what my friend is like though if shes bought loads of stuff and i dont hardly eat anything shell be really upset so im going to have to be careful how i play it. im also out for a meal tomorrow but thats an easy one, im just going to get meat and veg and maybe a small starter. no alcohol again. this week is going to be a massive test for me, im out at a hen party at the wekeend aswell and its a meal first...its that red hot buffet so i can just pick my own which is good as i can put less on my plate, but i wouldnt imagine for a second that im going to lose weight this week, which is ok, its to be expected but i just dont want to go mad and gain. once this weeks out the way it will be easier

awwwwwww thats a shame, i also have a retroverted womb and certain positions my bf can feel it but it works so well for us otherwise. what a shame for you

i take herbal tablets which do actually help, i just need to remember to stop taking them for a week around when i feel my period coming on cos the agnus castus can stop periods altogether, which is what happened at the beginning of the year, i was taking them with black cohosh and its the best my periods have been but the common effect of black cohosh is weight gain :/ so im not risking taking anything thats going to make me put weight on, so im back to just the agnus castus this month, if i dont have a period for a while ill have to take the black cohosh, but its all only recommended for 6 months anyway, i dont mind having irregular periods, its not like i enjoy being on but if i dont have one for a while im bloated, my boobs kill, i get hurrendous period pains, spots etc and it can go on for weeks being like that it makes me feel really depressed, i tried the pill just to give me rehularity back but i couldnt cope with the constant hunger and i swelled up after the first week...thats not an option for me. so i think ill have to give acupuncture a shot, ill try anything!great news about your doctors!! your gp sounds totally useless, they always push microgynon and its sh1t, last time the doctor tried giving me that i just point blank said no. i always do my research before i take anything and go in armed. well done for being assertive, dont view yasmin as the answer to your problems though and give it a fair shot, just hopefully it will be a pill better suited to your body

i had the copper iud years ago, my womb is tilted and the pain when she put it in was horrific, and ive had 3 kids, but it was worse than that. i bled every day for 6 months, my stomach swelled up like a balloon, and i thikn i got pregnant a few months in as my boobs swelled to twice the normal size then i had the heaviest bleed and lots of pain...but ill never know, after 6 months i had it taken out and the relief was instant, i didnt realise how id got used to feeling constantly achey, and as soon as it was removed the pain went. i would NEVER have another one again, yet other people swear by them. my mum got pregnant with one in and lost the baby at 6 months as it had loads wrong with it. bad things i think

well its my birthday today and im going to a friends tonight for tea, its lasagna..i didnt really want pasta this week, but i cant refuse it thats just mean!! so ive budgeted for it ill have a small portion and on mfp home made lasagna is down as 400cals per 345g so ill just have a small portion and hopefully she will have done salad. ive already said im not drinking as i have the girls to get up with and since they seem to like getting up in the night again i cant have a drink anyway. salad for dinner to keep my cals nice and low. i dont want to go above 1500 today, so need to be really careful. i know what my friend is like though if shes bought loads of stuff and i dont hardly eat anything shell be really upset so im going to have to be careful how i play it. im also out for a meal tomorrow but thats an easy one, im just going to get meat and veg and maybe a small starter. no alcohol again. this week is going to be a massive test for me, im out at a hen party at the wekeend aswell and its a meal first...its that red hot buffet so i can just pick my own which is good as i can put less on my plate, but i wouldnt imagine for a second that im going to lose weight this week, which is ok, its to be expected but i just dont want to go mad and gain. once this weeks out the way it will be easier

I wont lie.....it was painful to go in but once in (my tilted womb kept pushing it out LOL) it has been great! last time i had it it was great with regular periods and with a normal flow and everything. i think i am very lucky by the sounds of it.

happy birthday Lou Lou !! your posts are soooooooo positive and refreshing to read you really are determined arent you?

i am a big believer of not blaming everyone else for weight gain/loss and you are in the zone woman! i know when i go out i make bad choices and drink....so my solution to that one is 1. not go out in the first place. 2. do what makes me happy and stop moaning to everyone about the choices i made! it takes the pressure of big time. well done you for going out and planning so well x

Sometimes I think take what you have to take if you know it does something. I've been taking agnus castus,I have the liquid form & hate it, it taste beyond fowl. I couldn't put up with irregular periods due to how erratic they were & the pain I get, it would always happen if I was always & I'd spend the time in bed. Yes I think I'll have to consider moving to another GP, I know sometimes men see it differntly to women but even talking about my bladder last night he made me feel I was being a bit of a nuisance, so much for bed side manner. I've done a lot of research on Yasmin today, some common bad side effects are awful but other weigh gain I've never once had a side effect so here's hoping...!! It seems the only option for me to try so I'm happy to & if it affects my weight in a good way hoorah!

Back