The really slow loss team!

Happy birthday Lou.x

It's not about it's effectiveness but it could mess with it. Could you not try Angus castus and dong quai, with star flower and evening primrose to try help with periods and maybe tailor acupuncture to this too? Come off the pill totally if u don't need it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't risk not being regular. I used to be between 35-55 days & when I'm on I'm in agony. If i start in the week I'll be off work. When I first gor seen by my gp I'd been having to have a week of work every period.

LisaC said:
I can't risk not being regular. I used to be between 35-55 days & when I'm on I'm in agony. If i start in the week I'll be off work. When I first gor seen by my gp I'd been having to have a week of work every period.

That sucks. Damn hormones. I've had a few too many cals. Birthday not am excuse but I'm ok about it. I'll make it up

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a strong believer birthdays are for letting loose and doing things just because you want to. Hope you had fun xx

2lb off today!! FINALLY!!!! Usually the week after the strict plan I've been on I gain a little (0.5lb/1lb) so I'm really really hoping by mixing things up I won't gain next WI. My eating this week will be very different so will be interesting to see how it goes.

And I got my Yasmin pill last night! I feel relieved, so looking forward to starting that next week.

Double and triple yay for you Lisa it is much deserved. X

I only lost 0.5lb last night which I am not pleased about as I have been cc strictly for two weeks and since last weeks weigh in I have been to the gym three times.

Got a heavy weekend this weekend as I am visiting my school friend Friday to Sunday so no control as she is planning all sorts she told me the other day. I can't say anything as it has been about 10 years since I properly visited her since she comes home to Liverpool quite often

Double and triple yay for you Lisa it is much deserved. X

I only lost 0.5lb last night which I am not pleased about as I have been cc strictly for two weeks and since last weeks weigh in I have been to the gym three times.

Got a heavy weekend this weekend as I am visiting my school friend Friday to Sunday so no control as she is planning all sorts she told me the other day. I can't say anything as it has been about 10 years since I properly visited her since she comes home to Liverpool quite often

Thanks Latte :)

How many calories have you been aiming for daily? Do you think the days you've been to the gym there's a possibility you didn't eat enough?

Well done Lisa and Latte on your losses :D

Are you eating back at least half of your exercise calories Latte? I make sure I never NET less than 1200 calories a day and that can mean I am eating anything up to 1600 calories a day depending on how much burn I have had the opportunity to put in.

I know you aren't doing cc, but it might be worth looking at it just for a week and making sure that you are fuelling your work outs suffficiently - especially if you are doing HITT training or such the like. I used nearly 500 calories doing Level 2 and Level 3 of the 30DS back to back the other night :eek:

Are you eating back at least half of your exercise calories Latte? I make sure I never NET less than 1200 calories a day and that can mean I am eating anything up to 1600 calories a day depending on how much burn I have had the opportunity to put in.

I know you aren't doing cc, but it might be worth looking at it just for a week and making sure that you are fuelling your work outs suffficiently - especially if you are doing HITT training or such the like. I used nearly 500 calories doing Level 2 and Level 3 of the 30DS back to back the other night :eek:

I agree. Years ago I used to think what's the point of burning off calories then eating more, but obviously that depends on how much you'd taken in to start with. On Saturday I'd eaten 3 meals plus some fruit & it only totalled 1000 calories but I then burnt off 500 so I was well udner the 1200 so had to eat to make up the numbers.

you need to eat to burn calories, you have a higher metabolism after exercising so you do need good calories putting back. latte its a loss not a gain so enjoy it and enjoy your friends visit, if you cant make choices to support your weight loss then just enjoy it and re coup the damage later, with no berrating yourself for doing it (if you do splurge). if you give yourself permission to go mad then just accept it will influence your losses and its ok !!

LISA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just what you need to spur you on yay....now get me a drink *hic*

you need to eat to burn calories, you have a higher metabolism after exercising so you do need good calories putting back. latte its a loss not a gain so enjoy it and enjoy your friends visit, if you cant make choices to support your weight loss then just enjoy it and re coup the damage later, with no berrating yourself for doing it (if you do splurge). if you give yourself permission to go mad then just accept it will influence your losses and its ok !!

I agree. I think if we are visiting someone or having a visit then some things (foods!) may be unavoidable & out of our control. Just eat what you feel happy eating, or make the best choices. And know that should it not result in your favour you can work hard the weeks after. Enjoy your visit above all :)

well done on the losses.

hmm...i dont really agree about allowing yourself to 'splurge' tbh, i think its completely possible to enjoy yourself without over eating and drinking, its all about planning and whats important to you. if losing weight that week isnt important then of course thats your decision and you have to be the one who faces it, but if it is important to you and you dont want to risk gaining the weight youve lost then a bit of planning and preperation will help massively, add in a dollop of will power and your away. its only food, its not the reason we enjoy ourselves, we just associate it with that, and it never makes us feel good after eating it when we see a gain on the scales, so you have to ask yourself is it worth it? i went a bit ott last night and i bitterly regret it today, ive worked so hard these past few weeks and to lose control and risk gaining is just silly to me...the feeling of gaining will stay with me much longer than the breif moment of pleasure last night. ive stayed in control before when ive been out and i had a brilliant night, and the next day i felt so pleased id stuck to it, it didnt hinder my night and i still lost weight that week, so no guilt, no depression, no feeling sorry for myself...it honestly can be done. but obviously its upto the individual if youd rather abandon diet, cos the thought of limiting yourself makes you miserable then thats completely ok as its your chjoice to make but you just have to make sure you are going to be ok with the consequences. xx

thats what i meant lou,i think i said if you feel you cant make the choices not to support your weight loss (and you splurge) there is no point blaming others/yourself and berrating yourself etc you made the choice you wanted to do it.

as ever i mean everything with the best intentions and i hope my empathy/support etc arent lost in my typing!!!

well done on the losses.

hmm...i dont really agree about allowing yourself to 'splurge' tbh, i think its completely possible to enjoy yourself without over eating and drinking, its all about planning and whats important to you. if losing weight that week isnt important then of course thats your decision and you have to be the one who faces it, but if it is important to you and you dont want to risk gaining the weight youve lost then a bit of planning and preperation will help massively, add in a dollop of will power and your away. its only food, its not the reason we enjoy ourselves, we just associate it with that, and it never makes us feel good after eating it when we see a gain on the scales, so you have to ask yourself is it worth it? i went a bit ott last night and i bitterly regret it today, ive worked so hard these past few weeks and to lose control and risk gaining is just silly to me...the feeling of gaining will stay with me much longer than the breif moment of pleasure last night. ive stayed in control before when ive been out and i had a brilliant night, and the next day i felt so pleased id stuck to it, it didnt hinder my night and i still lost weight that week, so no guilt, no depression, no feeling sorry for myself...it honestly can be done. but obviously its upto the individual if youd rather abandon diet, cos the thought of limiting yourself makes you miserable then thats completely ok as its your chjoice to make but you just have to make sure you are going to be ok with the consequences. xx

I agree, but obviously when someone else is providing the food it can be totally out of your control. Its about making the best choices you can, usually if theres selection you can pick & choose, but if its a big meal you could always ask her to make it as healthy as possible, no oil etc. When you're out of your own kitchen you really can't help what you eat if you're at someone else home. That's probably part of the reason why I never go anywhere else for food, I'm too worried it'll be too much "bad" food!

this was the problem i had last night, my friends were doing a lasagna....which i had no control over, i was so concerned over eating it i didnt control my drink...derrrr, i had a small portion of lasagna and budgetted for it in the day, and had a big salad with it, but ruined myself by having 3 glasses of wine and tiramisu...wasnt happy with myself this morning. i think when its out of your control it definitely is hard, but i dont think theres any harm in asking if you can maybe take a part in cooking, or bring some low syn foods with you 'to help out' but really its helping yourself, or simply having smaller portions. just dont do what i did and go mad on wine, my resolve upped and left and thats when i had tiramisu..i dont even like puddings ffs, whats that all about?

LisaC said:
I agree, but obviously when someone else is providing the food it can be totally out of your control. Its about making the best choices you can, usually if theres selection you can pick & choose, but if its a big meal you could always ask her to make it as healthy as possible, no oil etc. When you're out of your own kitchen you really can't help what you eat if you're at someone else home. That's probably part of the reason why I never go anywhere else for food, I'm too worried it'll be too much "bad" food!

Yes she is providing the food and she has done food shopping already plus we are apparently going to a 40th party on Saturday night which means I don't think we will eat before we go out.

She has never had to worry about her weight at all so I don't want to make her feel bad by making demands especially as she knows I don't eat meat and she has gone out of her way to get veggie stuff.

I am calorie counting using weight loss resources. Last week I have an allowance of 1251 a day and I ate 9617 but I earnt 860 exercise calories so it netted down to 9131 which averages out at 1305 a day

Back