The really slow loss team!

Thanks guys! I already drink about 3-4 lts a day of water I think anymore and id never be out the toilet ha! I might try that this week I might go to zumba on Monday instead of the shred and see if that helps. I do feel quite bloated and I've eaten more bread this week than usual, so maybe cut the bread again :( I love bread! X

Exiguous - I get what you mean. In 2007 I was so desperate to lose weight (and I was much lighter than I am now!) I barely ate for 6 weeks & threw myself into exercise I became obssesed. In 5/6 weeks the weight dropped off me, so much so that my trousers also dropped off me! Anyway, I was well on my way to an eating disorder, I did some terrible things to lose the weight. So in that sense yes I became almost skinny but was I healthy? No way! I was on a dangerous path. Its all about losing weight the healthy way!!! Plus the weight will stay off.

Annya- yay well done!! You're on a good losing streak :)

Well its totm for me & I'm in pain & feeling lousy. I shopped last night & have my BNS & other veg for this weekend. Want to make a veggie curry tomorrow, not quite sure how to make the sauce. I bought ff fromage frais & I have spices so I may just throw it all in & wing it! I have BNS, onion, parsnips & carrots. Not sure how that will taste, ok I hope, I just want veggies & no potato. I've also been having puffed wheat with yogurt for breakfast, its weird together but I love it. And I feel better mixing up my food.

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks guys! I already drink about 3-4 lts a day of water I think anymore and id never be out the toilet ha! I might try that this week I might go to zumba on Monday instead of the shred and see if that helps. I do feel quite bloated and I've eaten more bread this week than usual, so maybe cut the bread again :( I love bread! X

Charl your body has probably become complacent with your workouts, that happens to me. Stick to as much exercise but maybe try Zumba or something else different. I have bread every morning & didn't think I could go without but I've been having cereal/yogurt & I already feel better. Maybe have a few days without bread, that will at least sort the bloating x

I sts this week, well I lost 1/4 pound haha which wasnt bad considering I had 2 nights over cals and 4 nights having drinks

Having a crap day. Took dd1 to physio and she's got to be referred for special boots and for proper physio, awaiting MRI, blood tests and other tests as its possible she has cerebral palsy. Not feeling very happy right now

You jammy thing ;)

Really sorry to hear that Lou. When do you hear with results? I think you're doing well trying to stick to plan (forgetting this week) considering all you've got going on.

I sts this week, well I lost 1/4 pound haha which wasnt bad considering I had 2 nights over cals and 4 nights having drinks

Having a crap day. Took dd1 to physio and she's got to be referred for special boots and for proper physio, awaiting MRI, blood tests and other tests as its possible she has cerebral palsy. Not feeling very happy right now

Good news on the loss Lou - a loss is a loss and you are still heading in the right direction!

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Try not to think the worst before it has even happened, tough not to I know, but all things are possible. Sending you huge hugs :bighug:

awwwwwwwwww Lou thats tough!! lets hope they find the problem and it sint what you fear? I am not surprised your feeling emotional.

annya well done on your loss and thanks for thinking about my boy! antibiotics, steam and two hourly inhalers are making less wheeze....at the moment but he is so demanding and precious today he is hard work lol.

charl thats a disapointment for you but stick at it please!

LOL what I was trying to get at and clearly didn't achieve was that good health is more important at least to me than weight loss on its own - whats the point in being skinny if you do it in such a way that it makes you frail gaunt and unwell and I say that from the perspective of someone that litterally has done all the worst things to my body to loose weight. Its clearly not a all-in-one solution to good health but being overweight is a very high risk factor for many health problems.

So what I was actually saying was IMHO achieving a state of good health, including getting to and maintaining a healthy weight through good habits might be a positive approach, if you find like me that you become obsessed with the loss and not the health. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me I would just like to put it out there incase it helps someone the way its helping me.

fair enough chuck!

Lou - just wondering, have you found yourself having consistent losses when sticking to your 1200cals a day?

Lou - just wondering, have you found yourself having consistent losses when sticking to your 1200cals a day?

yeah pretty much, i havent gained since doing it, and i more or less sts this week, and the only other week i sts was like this week when i had 2000+ cals on a couple of days. i aim for 1200-1500 and if i do that for 7 days i will lose between 1-3 pound. im just trying to eat healthier foods for my cals and cutting back on the alcohol, which has been my downfall this week, and im mad with myself about it. but it was my birthday and our anniversary, and im allowed to enjoy myself once in a while and so long as i stick to 1200 for the other days i know i can avoid a gain. still wish i had behaved on tuesday though lol :/ im at a hen do tomorrow and off to red hot buffet, but ive decided to stick to healthy food at that and keep my drinks healthy, and drink water or soda and lime in between drinks....i need to get some more pounds off before the wedding im going to in august, i have the dress to wear but i dont want it to be skin tight..another 5 pound should do it ;)

yeah pretty much, i havent gained since doing it, and i more or less sts this week, and the only other week i sts was like this week when i had 2000+ cals on a couple of days. i aim for 1200-1500 and if i do that for 7 days i will lose between 1-3 pound. im just trying to eat healthier foods for my cals and cutting back on the alcohol, which has been my downfall this week, and im mad with myself about it. but it was my birthday and our anniversary, and im allowed to enjoy myself once in a while and so long as i stick to 1200 for the other days i know i can avoid a gain. still wish i had behaved on tuesday though lol :/ im at a hen do tomorrow and off to red hot buffet, but ive decided to stick to healthy food at that and keep my drinks healthy, and drink water or soda and lime in between drinks....i need to get some more pounds off before the wedding im going to in august, i have the dress to wear but i dont want it to be skin tight..another 5 pound should do it ;)

Absolutely! If you don't treat yourself on special occasions you can sometimes not even enjoy the day. They're not all the time so it's not like you'd overindulge every week. That's what I think anyway! :)I was curious as the last 3/4 weeks or so I've been counting my calories, I'm doing SW but I wanted to know how many I'm taking in on my average meals etc & in the last two weeks I've definitely been eating less. I don't know if I'm not as hungry or I've subconsciously cutback! Anyway last night I was hungry, as in I needed to eat something, & I looked over my calories & I'd eaten 900! I'd had 3 meals plus a curly wurly & satsuma. So I ate a yogurt & some fruit but it worked out just under 1200. It's weird as I always thought if I tracked what I ate it would be more than I realised but recently it's been much less!! I'm going to carry on this way as I don't feel like I'm obsessing over numbers or anything & I'm feeling good right now. I just want to make sure I don't go under 1200. I just thought after a days eating plus the odd snack it would be more calories so I must be making better choices than I realised!! :)

Absolutely! If you don't treat yourself on special occasions you can sometimes not even enjoy the day. They're not all the time so it's not like you'd overindulge every week. That's what I think anyway! :)I was curious as the last 3/4 weeks or so I've been counting my calories, I'm doing SW but I wanted to know how many I'm taking in on my average meals etc & in the last two weeks I've definitely been eating less. I don't know if I'm not as hungry or I've subconsciously cutback! Anyway last night I was hungry, as in I needed to eat something, & I looked over my calories & I'd eaten 900! I'd had 3 meals plus a curly wurly & satsuma. So I ate a yogurt & some fruit but it worked out just under 1200. It's weird as I always thought if I tracked what I ate it would be more than I realised but recently it's been much less!! I'm going to carry on this way as I don't feel like I'm obsessing over numbers or anything & I'm feeling good right now. I just want to make sure I don't go under 1200. I just thought after a days eating plus the odd snack it would be more calories so I must be making better choices than I realised!! :)

and you had a good loss this week to show for it!! an occasional treat is ok, but tbh i didnt feel great or ok about over indulging on tuesday, and thats the point i was quite inarticulately trying to make a page or so ago...if your happy to have a treat and feel pleased with your decision and accept there MAY be consequences then of course its ok, were adults we dont need someone to tell us its ok to have a treat ;) but if its going to make you unhappy after, your going to feel bad and guilty then to me i dont think it is worth it. i certainly dont have a treat night every week, but i do tend to work in some wine into my cals on a weekend, to keep me sane after a week with the kids lol.

and you had a good loss this week to show for it!! an occasional treat is ok, but tbh i didnt feel great or ok about over indulging on tuesday, and thats the point i was quite inarticulately trying to make a page or so ago...if your happy to have a treat and feel pleased with your decision and accept there MAY be consequences then of course its ok, were adults we dont need someone to tell us its ok to have a treat ;) but if its going to make you unhappy after, your going to feel bad and guilty then to me i dont think it is worth it. i certainly dont have a treat night every week, but i do tend to work in some wine into my cals on a weekend, to keep me sane after a week with the kids lol.

I totally agree. It's not very often I have a treat (taking me well over syns I mean) but I know if I do there's a chance I won't lose that week so you just have to accept that responsibility don't you. This week was different actually as for 4 days I followed a strict SW plan which always results in a loss but I tracked the cals still & it was around 1300 a day so I think I've realised for me having around that much, or even 1200 one day & 1500 the next, may work for me. This week will be interesting as I've mixed up my breakfasts which I'm loving & trying new dinners. One is in the oven right now :) but it's also totm so I won't be getting much exercise in for a few days. Last month I gained 0.5 at totm & I never usually do so I hope my change in food & amount I'm eating will help :) feeling positive.

I've just sampled my dinner. I cooked quorn mince with garlic, onion & courgette, put it in a dish with a layer of BNS on the top & baked it. Wasnt sure it would taste ok but the sweetness of the BNS & onions together is delish!

It's really lovely trying new dishes too, I'm so used to cooking only for myself that I tend to stick to the same things.

That sounds lovely Lisa........... nom, nom, nom

I really like the sound of that Lisa was it cooked in a veg stock ?

I am on the train on my way to my friends house for the weekend.

I have been trying to stick to 1200 cals a day but I find it so difficult as I feel hungry all the time.

I really like the sound of that Lisa was it cooked in a veg stock ?

I have been trying to stick to 1200 cals a day but I find it so difficult as I feel hungry all the time.

I didn't use any stock, I mixed the mince with passata before adding the veg. It really was tasty & filling!

Enjoy yourself Latte. Maybe you need to up your intake for a week or so then slowly lower it, give your body time to adjust? Feeling weak from needing food is a horrible feeling.

Have a fantastic time Latte

You shouldn't really eat below your base metabolic rate (BMR) which is what your body would burn every day if you were lying in bed in a coma - i.e. what it needs just to function healthily. My BMR is around 1425 and I suspect your will be at least that or probably be higher if you are younger than me (which you probably are ha, ha, ha!). Try cranking your calories up a bit and see if this helps or check your BMR and use that as your baseline daily consumption and add or take away according to your weight loss results. I will gladly calculate it for you if you want to divulge your age ;) or Google Fat 2 Fit Radio =- there is a good BMR calculator on there.

I know this sounds very scarey, but it is how I broke my 4 week plataeu a few weeks back, I had stalled simply because I was not eating enough. I felt hungry pretty much all the time and quite faint sometimes after heavy workouts too :( I have been eating much more over the past few weeks (averaging 1400 cals/day and not exercising every day either) and have shifted 4.2lbs in the last fortnight.

I am 37 at the moment I weigh just under 12st according to my scales and not SW.

Weight loss resources says I need to eat 1250 cals a day to lose 500g a week which is about 1lb. I do exercise and eat some of those calories as well. Last week I think I averaged just under 1300 cals a day. I did post the exercise cal breakdown a few days ago.

Back