The really slow loss team!

My scales are broken, they're all over the place so I decided to get weighed today at boots again, using it as a fresh start. I weighed in at 10.12 :)

:) Is that showing a loss since last time or STS?

Yey well done Lou. I'm going to weigh myself soon I know it's stupid to do midweek but I feel thinner so I want to check. I'm on day 2 of vlcd now, yesterday was pretty grim but today's been much better so far. Hope you're all good?? Xx

i have had a massive earth shattering realisation this weekend....i cant get past needing carbs! its bonkers because i know i need some carbs but i simply cant get my head around losing some in my diet. Its like the soup thing, why would i have 'just' soup ? if i had salad i would be looking for something to replace the carbs. i wonder how i can change my attitude towards them?

They are like crack! Yesterday was awful not having any, but I already feel better and it's only been 1.5days. If you can just stop for like 2/3days you'll want them less, maybe? X

i have had a massive earth shattering realisation this weekend....i cant get past needing carbs! its bonkers because i know i need some carbs but i simply cant get my head around losing some in my diet. Its like the soup thing, why would i have 'just' soup ? if i had salad i would be looking for something to replace the carbs. i wonder how i can change my attitude towards them?

Do you have any carbs at all?

I'm in a blimmin bad mood today, not really sure why. Not feeling positive about WI tomorrow. I had a cheat day last WI but I monitored my weight & I'd pulled it back within 2 days but since then it's showing a STS, I've had on average 1200 a day....& my body can't be too used to having a low intake as it's only been 3 weeks of cc! That's probably why I feel like this knowing I may not have a loss. I feel lousy too, like I NEED cake ;) I want to be in the sunshine!! It's so hot out :)

I only have carbs for breakfast. I have them maybe 3 times a week for lunch and not often for tea. I'll have salad most days for lunch and for tea I'll tend to have meat or fish with veg. I always make sure I have bread or cereal for breakfast though cos your body needs some carbs. It really doesn't bother me not having them but I think it's cos I did Atkins years ago and dropped loads of weight in fact it was the thinnest I've been since before having kids soni know it's the quickest way to lose weight. If I've had a bit of a binge I'll just cut carbs for a couple of days. It doesn't always ensure a loss but it does limit the damage. Since doing cc I've realised how easy it is to over eat carbs and how high they are in cals so I'd rather spend my cals on something less dense and get more for my cals. I've discovered fresh coriander in salads. REALLY nice!!

yeah lisa i cant seelife without them, i eat way too many!

lou I can put olives/capers/coriander/anything in my sald but my head wont let me stop thinking about the jacket potato that goes with it, or pasta salad or rice salad. I believe in my head i need carbs at every meal!

Wow I've lost 2lbs since Friday :) I'm hoping when I do my first WI next Monday I'll have an awesome proper loss. I'm not sure while i'm doing this I will fit into this group anymore :( xx

felicity62 said:
charl, I love what you said its true! carbs are like crack

I'm exactly the same I hate red days on SW as I feel cheated of them, it's the mixing of carbs and protein that's the problem though as theyre both high in cals. I can half trick myself by having BNS with meat but it still feels wrong! Hence my problem with food in the first place I reckon! Xx

Wow I've lost 2lbs since Friday :) I'm hoping when I do my first WI next Monday I'll have an awesome proper loss. I'm not sure while i'm doing this I will fit into this group anymore :( xx

Charl you are staying here whether you lose lots or not!! :)

yeah lisa i cant seelife without them, i eat way too many!

lou I can put olives/capers/coriander/anything in my sald but my head wont let me stop thinking about the jacket potato that goes with it, or pasta salad or rice salad. I believe in my head i need carbs at every meal!

I've always been a carb person, as a veggie its carbs that make up the majority of my meals. The last couple of weekends I've cooked big dinners that have been veg only & they've been so tasty & really filled me up!! Now I really understand how Speed foods keep you fuller for longer. Maybe try tweaking the odd meal you have, don't cut back totally, just a little when you can. I bet it makes a difference to your weight!

LisaC said:
I've always been a carb person, as a veggie its carbs that make up the majority of my meals. The last couple of weekends I've cooked big dinners that have been veg only & they've been so tasty & really filled me up!! Now I really understand how Speed foods keep you fuller for longer. Maybe try tweaking the odd meal you have, don't cut back totally, just a little when you can. I bet it makes a difference to your weight!

It must be really difficult to cut out carbs as a veggie. I had a tiny bit of meat and no carbs with my salad for dinner and I feel full still. I think carbs are definitely addictive and I read once that your body craves foods that are easily processed into energy do carbs sugar fat all the bad stuff your body apparently prefers these as it. Inverts to energy much easier than say meat and salad. Kind of makes sense really. I think the only way to cut down is to go cold turkey, then when you do have pasta you'll feel so
Bloated and yucky it will put you off. I honestly don't miss them at all and feel less bloated than when I have them

It must be really difficult to cut out carbs as a veggie. I had a tiny bit of meat and no carbs with my salad for dinner and I feel full still. I think carbs are definitely addictive and I read once that your body craves foods that are easily processed into energy do carbs sugar fat all the bad stuff your body apparently prefers these as it. Inverts to energy much easier than say meat and salad. Kind of makes sense really. I think the only way to cut down is to go cold turkey, then when you do have pasta you'll feel so
Bloated and yucky it will put you off. I honestly don't miss them at all and feel less bloated than when I have them

It's not too bad, I eat a lot of quorn so I get all my nutrients so I can go wtihout carbs. I never cut down totally, like you said they turn into energy so I need them for that.

Yeah bodies are weird, as when your super hungry you crave carbs as they make you full but when we want to lose weight we really need to be burning fat, so if you eat carbs at every meal your only burning them and not fat, which is why people do better on red days usually as it makes your body burn fat not the ingested carbs. But they actually burn quicker than protein so then you crave them more, and end up eating them so then again your not burning fat stores. Making it harder to lose weight. It's stupid I know all the things I need to do to lose I just can't practise the principles! I think it's why this diets going to be so good for me, I hope anyway. It's going to make me realise I don't need it, I just want it. Looking at my kids leftover sandwich and sushi is torture tho!! But everytime I say no I'm not going to give in, I feel a little better.

Wow, soz what a speech! Pah! Xx

Yeah bodies are weird, as when your super hungry you crave carbs as they make you full but when we want to lose weight we really need to be burning fat, so if you eat carbs at every meal your only burning them and not fat, which is why people do better on red days usually as it makes your body burn fat not the ingested carbs. But they actually burn quicker than protein so then you crave them more, and end up eating them so then again your not burning fat stores. Making it harder to lose weight. It's stupid I know all the things I need to do to lose I just can't practise the principles! I think it's why this diets going to be so good for me, I hope anyway. It's going to make me realise I don't need it, I just want it. Looking at my kids leftover sandwich and sushi is torture tho!! But everytime I say no I'm not going to give in, I feel a little better.

I think that when you're sticking to something that may seem hard, every day is a little achievement :)

charl_young said:

Brilliant attitude hun x

Back