The really slow loss team!

That's the thing I was losing anyway albeit slowly this was going to just be a boost for holiday to get me into a better BMI range and to be honest I didnt expect the psychological stuff id get with it. I feel like I really understand why, how and what I eat now and although I've always eaten healthily i just ate toooo much. Now I think I understand so much better what I need. This has been a good learning experience for me, as I could never understand why I gained weight when I ate so much better than a lot of people. Plus I'm starting to really enjoy being more active. Yay all round. Xx

Flushes and night sweats are returning with a vengeance now, so it might be hormonal....... need to speak to doc about it if it doesn't get any better - or I might just start the HRT again and try another wean in 6 months.
Annya - see if you can get your doc to put you on the gel. It comes in a pump dispenser where a full pump = half daily dose I seem to remember.
So I just slowly cut back until I had things in control without getting hot flushes and was on about half pump = quarter daily dose.

When i originally stopped it completely I think I had it easier than some - although it was still bleddy horrid - and I still get the odd flush almost 3 years down the line.

pommy that hernia sounds bad!! you were at deaths door wow??

annya welcome back, welcome back. a small gain but if your back on it then thats good!
Lisa - you got me and Annya mixed up!!! :8855: never had a hernia thank gawd

Hahahaha! I thought that when it was written! Made me chuckle. Xx

Well I'm pleased to report a loss....1lb!! Felt a little disappointed at first purely because Sunday was showing a loss of 1.5lb, really not sure how I've gone up 0.5 since then given what & how much i've eaten. But it means not only have I reached my 1 & a half st award (AGAIN!! - third time) but I've lost 6lb in 4 weeks!! I lost 0lb in June & 6lb in July, chuffed! :wee:

Anyway, I've set myself a challenge of no midweek weighing this week. I used to do it all the time & stopped as I know how it messes with my head & makes me feel so dispondent. I started again when I started calorie counting. So no more weighing for another week for me!!

Well I'm pleased to report a loss....1lb!! Felt a little disappointed at first purely because Sunday was showing a loss of 1.5lb, really not sure how I've gone up 0.5 since then given what & how much i've eaten. But it means not only have I reached my 1 & a half st award (AGAIN!! - third time) but I've lost 6lb in 4 weeks!! I lost 0lb in June & 6lb in July, chuffed! :wee:

Anyway, I've set myself a challenge of no midweek weighing this week. I used to do it all the time & stopped as I know how it messes with my head & makes me feel so dispondent. I started again when I started calorie counting. So no more weighing for another week for me!!

Well done Lisa - a great loss for the month :D I got sooooo bad at jumping on and off the scales then angsting about what I saw that I have given my scales to Angie next door who will only let me weigh in on a Friday morning (she's great at saying no.... and has had to LOADS of times!). I must admit, it has largely taken a load off my mind - except for weeks like this where I know I am expecting another gain, despite being on track all week, and would love to confirm my worst fears ahead of time (not that I can do much about it!).

I have really upped the anti on the exercise in the last fortnight and am jogging 2-3 miles most evenings now, so it may just be a bit of water sitting round my lower tummy (where it ALWAYS does :rolleyes:) or it could be my hormones re-adjusting after coming off HRT. The flushes and night sweats have got a lot worse over the past week or so, after initially not being to obad at all - could be that?

Anyway, no point in speculating as it changes nothing. If I do have another gain this week, I am sure it's not fat as I have been running a deficit of between 600-900 calories per day which should put me on track for a 1-2lb loss........in an ideal world ha, ha!!

Keep up the great work - you will be at target in no time - so glad you have finally found your sweet spot :D:D:D:D

Well done Lisa - a great loss for the month :D I got sooooo bad at jumping on and off the scales then angsting about what I saw that I have given my scales to Angie next door who will only let me weigh in on a Friday morning (she's great at saying no.... and has had to LOADS of times!). I must admit, it has largely taken a load off my mind - except for weeks like this where I know I am expecting another gain, despite being on track all week, and would love to confirm my worst fears ahead of time (not that I can do much about it!).

I have really upped the anti on the exercise in the last fortnight and am jogging 2-3 miles most evenings now, so it may just be a bit of water sitting round my lower tummy (where it ALWAYS does :rolleyes:) or it could be my hormones re-adjusting after coming off HRT. The flushes and night sweats have got a lot worse over the past week or so, after initially not being to obad at all - could be that?

Anyway, no point in speculating as it changes nothing. If I do have another gain this week, I am sure it's not fat as I have been running a deficit of between 600-900 calories per day which should put me on track for a 1-2lb loss........in an ideal world ha, ha!!

Keep up the great work - you will be at target in no time - so glad you have finally found your sweet spot :D:D:D:D

Thanks Annya :)

It sounds like you have the right view of a gain, should it happen, knowing it could all be down to exercise. A friend of mine has recently been to the Dr as she's been having night sweats, really bad, and she lost a good few lb's because of it! Maybe that will pay off for you one day ;)

Well done Lisa!! Yay! A loss is a loss, and definitely goes to show mid week weighing is not that good, as our bodies change so much in the week.

Annya! All that exercise is brilliant! I'm so so impressed where you get the energy from! I just hope one day I can be as dedicated as I'm so sure maintaining losses are due to exercise. Been doing loads of research about cal output and input and the effects of even consuming 100cals a day more than you need, I wish i'd taken more notice of all this stuff earlier rather than just being baffled as to why I was gaining weight when my diet was pretty good. Xx

A friend of mine has recently been to the Dr as she's been having night sweats, really bad, and she lost a good few lb's because of it! Maybe that will pay off for you one day ;)

Ha-ha....... there's gotta be a positive to the menopause somewhere - can't even say at least I don't have periods any more as I've not had one of those fo 30 years :8855::8855::8855:

Can i join ur group please finding weight loss is really slow. Kinda get disheartened in meetings when people are getting bigger losses then me specially when im sticking to plan 100%. Also my friend told me about a 30 day shred dvd anybody heard of it? xx

Can i join ur group please finding weight loss is really slow. Kinda get disheartened in meetings when people are getting bigger losses then me specially when im sticking to plan 100%. Also my friend told me about a 30 day shred dvd anybody heard of it? xx

Hello & welcome :)

Weightloss really comes down to diet, the food you eat, but exercise is obviously brilliant for you which is why SW recommend it with Body Magic. A lot of us on here do Jillian's 30DS, I have 4 of her dvd's & ordered another last night. They really are brilliant dvd's. I don't do the 30DS for a solid 30 days, I do it as & when I can & when I feel like it (I get bored too quickly with exercise). There's a few ladies in this group who've had brilliant results from the 30DS (Annya if I recember correctly) but you really have to stick at it to keep the results. Search the whole of minimins to see what others say about it, there's tons of threads, pretty sure there's two in the "SW Off Topic" forum You could always look it up on Youtube to see if it's the kind of thing you think you may enjoy! Some people find her style too difficult. Its only about £5 on Amazon, well worth the money!

Just to add as well - it looks like you're average loss is 1.42lb. SW receommend 1-2lb a week so you look like you're on track to me!

Hi all

Anyone know roughly! How many calories might be burned in 10 min workout which included
Skipping 30 secs
Star jumps 30 secs actually all these were 30 secs
Crunches x 4 sets of 30 secs
Side lunges with weights
Front lunges with weights
Quad lifts
Eyc

I was sweating like mad!! Lol

Any idea roughly??

Woodland girl said:
Hi all

Anyone know roughly! How many calories might be burned in 10 min workout which included
Skipping 30 secs
Star jumps 30 secs actually all these were 30 secs
Crunches x 4 sets of 30 secs
Side lunges with weights
Front lunges with weights
Quad lifts
Eyc

I was sweating like mad!! Lol

Any idea roughly??

Well 20 mins of shred is about 200 cals so I'd say 100?

Just to add as well - it looks like you're average loss is 1.42lb. SW receommend 1-2lb a week so you look like you're on track to me!
Thanks lisa think i worry a liittle 2 much and did find the forum im goin to give it a try

I have THE worst hangover ever. I'm being really rubbish on my diet this week I need to sort myself out. Stupid hormones!!!

I can really relate to that Lou - but mine is menopausal rather than period driven! I woke up this morning wanting to eat my own arm off and I am REALLY having to fight the urge to go and binge on whatever I can find inthe cupboards (downside of working from home!)........ it's been along time since I felt like this..... :17729: :eatdrink023:

Never mind lovie, chin up and back on the wagon. Have a big hug..............

:bighug: :hug99: :grouphugg:

I'm the same, feeling v bloated despite living off basically nothing! I think pmt is approaching hard :( could eat everything in sight, I haven't had too many cravings since i started this and really starting to crave sugar and carbs, ugh bloody hate hormones. I haven't eaten yet today and out all day at the beach with the kids so struggling as I can't really make shakes, so just have to stay hungry really, argh! X

Back