The really slow loss team!

Gosh, so well done and 3 st is amazing:D

Ah but it's taken me a while !!
Lost 2¼ stone 2 years ago, got fed up doing it on my own here in Spain and stopped following the plan rigourously but it was always there in the back of my mind. I managed to maintain it for 2½ years but put 7 lbs on over last 6 months of 2010 (too many friends visiting and taking us out for meals) so decided that 2011 was my year to lose the remaining 3¼ stone.

Crys - it is hard when friends and family want take-aways or mcds. If you have to go to mcds have chicken and try to avoid the buns and fries (I know it's hard but I've not had one now for 5 years and I no longer miss them). Fish & chips - bin the batter, that's the worse. Take-away, make it a chinese and again have chicken or pork with noodles rather than fried rice. Your taste buds will change - I promise you - it just takes a while. Try carrying fruit around with you too its filling and better than an mcd for your complexion (& waistline!).

One very helpful friend (?) of mine said only last week "Oh you'll put it all back on again so I don't know why you are even bothering". That's just because she's jealous as she can't keep it off. She yo-yos and is now over a stone heavier that before the start of her last effort. Needless to say I just smiled (or was it a grimace?) and walked out before I hit her!

We're all here to help so keep shouting when you are having bad days.

I STS.
I was lucky not to gain tbh. From now on, I'll just have to say no, and take a mugshot with me everywhere.

Back on the slow losers team. Only half off but got my stone Yey!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

my WI tomorrow think i will have put on :-(

Ah well ladies, it's good to have your membership to this group secure! Too many big losses and you will get booted out! Lol
Well done all!!

Jenny: well done on the loss and the award! You're not too far from target :)

Alex: My second week I was convinced I'd gained, but actually lost 3. If you've been ok, you should be fine :D

well i started on the green tea and peppermint tea yesterday but need to stop the munchies not sure how to combat them....help

I started SW at the beginning of March and didn't get the big losses you usually do, only a couple lbs. April tomorrow and I've only have a 3 lb weight loss. Think I qualify in this group. :ashamed0005:

I started SW at the beginning of March and didn't get the big losses you usually do, only a couple lbs. April tomorrow and I've only have a 3 lb weight loss. Think I qualify in this group. :ashamed0005:

:welcome:
Be positive, we all have our ups and downs weight wise:D
It's lucky to join this team:)

Decided I'm gonna give scan bran a go ladies!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

how's everyone doing?

Think I ought to join this club, my loss has been sooo slow it's ridiculous!! I started nearly 3 months ago and have lost 8.5 lb... I swear the last time I did it, I was nearly at target by now.

Only lost half lb this week, but I have been upping my exercise. Hoping that helps in the next few weeks, or at least makes me feel better about myself! xx

Im not far behind you Maverick and im with you on the last time lost it quicker problem. But your doing fine and still trying that is the main thing!

By Monday im hope to of lost 9lb and that will be 8 or 9 weeks!

Its a very good way to loose wieght, its not the most fun, but its definately the safest and more natural way of doing things.

Ive noticed i am losing wieght and have more body shape than when i started. I do wonder if a times it takes a while for the metabolisum to kick in on its own motor, so exercise gets the cogs turning and they stay on. Then after a few weeks its charged for longer...:rolleyes: hope that makes sense lol

Hi and welcome, I def lost better last time, but seem to be closer to fitting in my non-stretchy 18's than I was by this point last time.

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd post on this thread as I suffer from Hypothyroidism and my losses are really really slow too. I do not weigh myself weekly as I find that puts too much pressure on me and I don't stick to plan. I have been following slimming world since 6th Jan and am really enjoying it. I posted the following in my diary earlier but thought it may inspire you guys to stick to plan as I know just how de-motivating slow losses can be. Good luck everyone.

Inches lost in the past week:

Bust - 1/2 inch

Waist - 0.5"

Hips - 1"

Thighs - 1.5" EACH!

Inches lost since beginning SW on 06/01/2011:

Bust - 3.5"

Waist - 3.5"

Hips - 3"

Thighs - Unknown as I forgot to measure last time

I've done this by eating curry's (my style but sw friendly), chips, MAHUSIVE roasts, chocolate, ice cream, cakes, kfc style chicken, lamb steaks, cheese on toast, Fish n chips, pizza....basically carb & protein heavan! So what I'm trying to say is if you're having an off day then draw a line under it and start afresh as you will and can do it! Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. xx

Back