The really slow loss team!

Hi, I would like to join you all. So far from April 2010 I have gone from 17.2 to last week wi of 14.11, so I think I qualify! lol. Havn't been able to wi at class today will go on monday so will report back then.:wavey:

Agree with woodland girl keep calm and carry on!

A welcome from me too ACC - you've come to the right place.

I drink masses, have a litre in the couple of hours before, drink a litre during and then another one sipped over the hour afterwards. I am doing about an hour, half cardio, a bit of strength. . . I do eat afterwards , but bananas make me blocked up so I either have home made veg soup or go straight to lunch. Something with pasta, potato and rice with salad or veg. I am pretty sure I am eating enough but it's hard to know since we are not calorie counting!!

Ho hum, keep calm and carry on I guess!!
Thanks for the advice
X

You are doing all the right things re- food and water so just keep it up. How strange about bananas - or maybe it's me 'cos they do just the opposite! :D

:cry:to the gain - superspeed food for a few days? What sort of days do you do? EE just doesn't work for me and I find a few consecutive reds with really low carbs, lots of melon and veggie soup really help kick my system.

Bananas have that effect on me too! When our dog was constipated, her vet recommended pineapple, just a few chunks as she was little.
When OH had the same problem, a couple of slices did the trick!

And me - bananas are a binder so you need lots of water and other sources of fibre. Strawberries are another fruit I have to be careful of as despite them being a superspeed they make me retain water. Melon works best for me. After the gym I usually gave scan bran with nutella (yes here she goes again lol) but I suffer with sugar dips and fruit won't bring me up high enough and I feel quite weak - I'm not diabetic (I've had enough tests) but I can feel when my sugars are low x

Thanks for the advice! Glad bananas are a pain to others too!

I do extra easy Pomette, but as we eat very little meat I am normally green! One third of meals is super free: cos I can't eat wheat my heb is a little different but I get fibre from apples and pears ;-) I have 28 g of gluten free muesli at breakfast as my b.
My last 3 main meals have been half superfree. I eat melon, pineapple and grapefruit!! Ah something will shift sooner or later. I should try to cut down on syns but that's a tough one as life gets in the way!
Lol

Onwards and downwards!!

Hi all,just checkin in aftee being off for a while.Busy with sick kids then kids parties etc etc.Hi Anya, i feel your pain.I lost 3 lbs 2 wks ago then my youngest got sick and ended up in hospital that weekend and when i weighed in on weds lat I was up 1.5lbs.It's quite disheartedning cos your on a roll and then life happens and kind of upend you! So i've gone from a kind of respectably slow 6lbs in 7 wks to a sloth snail's loss of 4.5 lbs in 9 wks.
But my main point to all of you is that when you blip it's actually quite difficult to go back to being good and quite easy to keep being bad and eating the wrong stuff.
Anyway, back to basics.Had daughter's birthday party yesterday with a chocolate cake that i made so I had toe at some so not expecting great things this weds either.Oh bother!

Thks woodland girl, he's great again thank god.Well done on all the gym work.I hadnt done anything in a few days so i went and did 10k on the threadmill today.It really does make me feel better.

Well done ginlin on reaching your club 10!

So after 5 days of zumba, I lost 1 lb.

I am actually ok with that, but still looking at other people's statistics they seem to lose 2, 2 1/2 or 3 per week... How is that????

never mind, suppose I should accept that slow and steady will get there in the end

This seems like my kind of team! I'm currently losing 0-1lb a week, very disheartening, but atleast I'm not on my own!!

Great exercise info! I go swimming and I had no idea that not drinking would make it worse, or that eating straight after burns more.... I'm going swimming tomorrow, going to take some water with me (does sugar free flavoured water work ok? - I don't really like normal water) and I'll have a banana before I drive home.

. . . does sugar free flavoured water work ok? - I don't really like normal water
Welcome Designosaur - yes squashes are fine - so long as they are NAS (no added sugar). I too can't stand plain water and live on Blackcurrant squash.

Well done on taking some water and fruit with you tomorrow. It should help with the weight loss and stop you snacking later on when the calorie burn kicks in!

Just a quick update as I'm up early to be off and out.
Lost another ¾ lb this week which I'm happy with. Especially as eating times yesterday were all over the place with "lunch" not getting eaten until 19:30 and no supper meant that my intake for the day was VERY unbalanced. Breakfast had been some fruit and yoghurt at 10:00. Also had to make it an EE day (which I don't normally do as they don't work for me) as we had I had salmon pasta (delish but probably loads of syns as I'm sure it had cream in) followed by steak in mushroom sauce (deffo had cream in) followed by ice cream and raspberry sauce (it was just SO hot yesterday I had to had something cooling).

See why EE days don't work? I eat too much LOL :eek:

STS for me this week. Back on the slow train. I did overindulge a wee bit yesterday, so I'll have to put it down to that. Been super good all the rest of the week.
Never mind, carry on for this week!!!!
Well done Pomette on your loss :)
Good luck to everyone else this week.

Well had my weigh in on Thursday and very, very confused.

When I started SW I weighed myself on the Thursday morning on my own scales and was 10st 8lbs. At WI at the meeting that night I was 10st 8lbs so that was my starting weight.

After my first week I weighed myself on my own scales on the Thursday morning and was 10st 5.5lbs. I was really pleased with losing 2.5lbs in my first week, then at WI at night they scales at the meeting told me I was 10 st 7.5lbs, only a 0.5lb loss :(

I put it down to water retention or something and kept going with the plan on my second week. Again on the Thursday morning I weighed myself on my scales. My scales said 10st 4lbs, I was over the moon - 4lbs off in 2 weeks yay. I thought I must at least be going to see a bigger loss at WI that night - no I weighed in at 10st 7lbs! Only another 0.5lb loss in a week yet my home scales were telling me I had lost 4lbs!

My clothes feel looser and my tummy is flatter, I know I have lost more than 1lb overall. So I have decided to stop going to meetings and do the plan online at home instead. I am finding the weekly weighins very demotivating and I know the plan is working for me but either the scales at WI are wrong or weighing in at night time is not working for me.

Had a bad weekend as I was away staying with family, but back on the plan today and hoping to at least STS this week on my own scales.

x

Gembear:where you reading my mind this morning?:)
I had very similar conversation with my daughter re my WI's (3 so far) and how demotivated I feel afterwards.I am going to give it a couple more weeks but feel the same as you.

That weigh in is confusing! Although I wouldn't expect your evening weight to be the same as morning weight, it's weird that one shows losses and one doesn't!
Well done on sticking with it and your loss !!

Well had my weigh in on Thursday and very, very confused.

When I started SW I weighed myself on the Thursday morning on my own scales and was 10st 8lbs. At WI at the meeting that night I was 10st 8lbs so that was my starting weight.

After my first week I weighed myself on my own scales on the Thursday morning and was 10st 5.5lbs. I was really pleased with losing 2.5lbs in my first week, then at WI at night they scales at the meeting told me I was 10 st 7.5lbs, only a 0.5lb loss :(

I put it down to water retention or something and kept going with the plan on my second week. Again on the Thursday morning I weighed myself on my scales. My scales said 10st 4lbs, I was over the moon - 4lbs off in 2 weeks yay. I thought I must at least be going to see a bigger loss at WI that night - no I weighed in at 10st 7lbs! Only another 0.5lb loss in a week yet my home scales were telling me I had lost 4lbs!

My clothes feel looser and my tummy is flatter, I know I have lost more than 1lb overall. So I have decided to stop going to meetings and do the plan online at home instead. I am finding the weekly weighins very demotivating and I know the plan is working for me but either the scales at WI are wrong or weighing in at night time is not working for me.

Had a bad weekend as I was away staying with family, but back on the plan today and hoping to at least STS this week on my own scales.

x

Hi GB! Hmm that really does sound confusing, with those discrepancies!!! Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend foodwise, but hopefully a lovely weekend spending time with family! Having a good time is more important than the occasional weight gain or STS but it can also be very frustrating when social eating slows things down and weakens our self-discipline!! But hey, what am I even saying?!!! You lost, which is great news, even though you were disappointed after thinkin it was 4lb!! Gem are you still in the 12 week challenge? If so what are we updating you with for the week just gone? I've still got you on week one and we're just entering week 3 today! 0.5lb loss?XX

Back