The really slow loss team!

Flabulous said:
Hi all.

Just found you and would love to join the slow losers here.

I went to SW about 3 years ago and it took me about 6 months to lose 10 lbs. I never could seem to get to my stone award, and in embarrassment and shame, I gave up. I then put on the 10 lbs plus 5 more.

I am back at SW but still wrestling with the same negative feelings about myself.

WEEK 1 - 2.5
2 - 2.0
3 - sts
4 - 0.5
5 - sts
6 - Did not attend as I knew I had not lost and could not face the inquest!

I am now back on track but I feel like I need some support as it is so hard to stay motivated. I feel so disheartened a lot of the time and wonder if I can be bothered, but although I have only lost 5 lbs I feel a lot better so must stick with it.

We can only keep going and trying. :)

Hey flabulous

Welcome to the group :)

X

Currently weighing in at 9st 11lbs in the stone bracket I want to be. Started at 11st 3.5lb target is 9st 7lb

Flabulous said:
Hi all.

Just found you and would love to join the slow losers here.

I went to SW about 3 years ago and it took me about 6 months to lose 10 lbs. I never could seem to get to my stone award, and in embarrassment and shame, I gave up. I then put on the 10 lbs plus 5 more.

I am back at SW but still wrestling with the same negative feelings about myself.

WEEK 1 - 2.5
2 - 2.0
3 - sts
4 - 0.5
5 - sts
6 - Did not attend as I knew I had not lost and could not face the inquest!

I am now back on track but I feel like I need some support as it is so hard to stay motivated. I feel so disheartened a lot of the time and wonder if I can be bothered, but although I have only lost 5 lbs I feel a lot better so must stick with it.

We can only keep going and trying. :)

Welcome :) think of it like this - that's almost 1lb a week! It could have been more if you had faced WI - sometimes you can surprise yourself and lose when you think you've gained x

Flabulous - welcome. Have you taken measurements? Sometimes they go down when the scales don't!

We're the tortoise club here but the tortoise has the stamina to keep going when the hares collapse by the wayside. So keep with us chica and you'll be fine.

I know how you are feeling. I have lost 1 stone in a year and i stay to group every week. now i just look at this as a change of life and keep focused on the fact that i have kept the weight off.
You are in the right group, it has helpped me tons x

Hello everyone - I am a bit late to this thread but I just wanted to say I hope you are all still around...and ask if can I join you??!

I could really do with a bit of a hug/kick up the behind every now and again because my weight losses are so small. :sigh: Have lost half a pound every week for 5 weeks now, which is obviously much better than nothing, (as my consulant says) but at this rate it's going to take me months and months and months to reach my target...I'm worried it will just plateau completely and I will just stop losing! :( What have you guys done to try and speed up weight loss/how do you stay motivated with such small losses?

I'm following EE, and was wondering if maybe I should do a few red days/a red week, as I also have mild PCOS? What do you think?

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

Hannah

are you following EE to the book hun? it didnt happen for me on EE so i switched over to the dark side LOL. missed weigh in tho so not sure the results:sigh:

Hi HannahLondon

I'm another on the dark side too as EE just doesn't work for me either as I eat too many carbs which always affects my weight loss.

Different things though work for different people. I do mostly red days with only a couple of greens a week and it works for me. Others swear by green days.

The thing that does seem to work for everyone is speed soup, superspeed fruit like melon & berries and LOTS of water! It really shifts things along nicely for me when I get stuck.

I also suspect you are finding it quite difficult to lose as you BMI is not that high and you are so close to getting into the healthy category. Plus the PCOS probably won't help. There is whole section of the forum dedicated to PCOS so someone may have some advice on there about whether it affects your weight loss.
PCOS - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Good Luck Hannah, stick here and we'll help you along.

Aww thanks guys, it really means a lot to have your support - makes me feel like I can keep going on a positive note! Am definitely going to try and have a few red days/red week - maybe not this week, but next week will really try to use some of those recipes instead, as like you Pommette, I definitely take a bit too much advantage of the fact you can eat loads of carbs on EE (even with the 1/3 rule). That's helped me keep with the plan up until now but I think yeah, if I want to speed up the losses then red days might work.

Do you have any favourite Red day recipes you could recommend?!

Have seen the PCOS stuff...just looks pretty depressing but glad I'm not the only one! The thing is, my consultant is very good at saying that 1/2 a pound loss a week is still a pound a fortnight, and 2 pounds a month, which, when you think about it in the grand scheme of things, is way better than nothing!! *just keep swimming*

Thanks guys you've helped me feel positive! Will let you know how I get on when I've had a few red days! :)

Hannah

I've posted a few on the forum - found here

Somerset chicken - in Cider

Chicken/Pork in Dijon sauce

Salmon/Chicken with Cheesy Sauce

Also on a green day you can make a really good spag bol or chilli by using a HexB allowance of Extra Lean mince (85 gm ish) and adding 40g grated carrot. You can't see that it is crrot by the time it is cooked and I think it improves the flavour. It means you can have something meaty on a green day and if you have kids that hate veg it gets a whole portion of carrot in them without them knowing about it!

Simples . . .

Last edited:
I have PCOS was diagnosed about 10 years ago. My weight loss is slow but steady when I am fully comitted but I still average about 0.5lbs a week. It is very difficult and requires a lot of effort for what sometimes seems like very little loss. It does get me down and this is the fourth time in my life I have been down this track but first time with SW.
This site is amazing for support and together we can all do it.

I LOST A POUND this week!!! A whole pund! Yay!! I'm my BMI is also officially just overweight! :D

Well done RR and everyone else! Sts for me this week. Sigh. Poo. Bored being 10.8 lbs now!!
WG - STS is better than a gain especially after the yummy camping trip.

You are so close to target - and your BMI looks really good. That's why it is probably getting harder to lsoe.

I LOST A POUND this week!!! A whole pund! Yay!! I'm my BMI is also officially just overweight! :D
Yippee - well done RR.

Nice to get to be overweight isn't it? :happy096:
I did a little dance arounbd the patio after being obese for probably 20 years.

Think I'd like to join you all if that's ok? Half on last week and was at a complete loss as to why as I track everything! This weeks weigh in I was rewarded with half off! At least it was in the right direction this time.

I am going to ease up on the exercise this week to see if it makes any difference to my WI result next Saturday... It feels wrong not exercising as I know it has sooooo many benifits however i just need to see more of a shift in the number that appears on the scales :wave_cry:

Woodland girl said:
Hi Becky ! Welcome and it sounds like you will fit right in :)

Thanks Hun! I have given up so many times in the past and inevitably end up right back at square one... This time I refuse to be defeated, no matter how long it takes!

Thanks Hun! I have given up so many times in the past and inevitably end up right back at square one... This time I refuse to be defeated, no matter how long it takes!
The tortoise squad here at your command. We do not let anyone drop out - we just hang around until you catch us up!

Welcome Becky!

I lost ..........2lbs:-D Iaccept my verbal warning!!
Well off to center parcs in about an hour so excitedB-) will aim to stick to plan and save syns for starbucks delited each day!!!will let you niw the damage on saturday.have a good week. Xxx:D

Back