The really slow loss team!

After losing and then gaining the same 0.5lb over the last few weeks I`ve lost 2lbs this week!!

Now 9st13lbs. Not been in the 9`s for many years. :D

Make room on the naughty step!! :D

Well done on still being here slow mo's!! My pep talk to myself tonight goes like this

Ok, you can try hard to eat well and slowly lose weight, maintain and feel a bit frustrated, sometimes happy but ultimately pleased I am doing something ...,

Or eat crap, get fatter, less fit and feel crap

Simples ;-)

1.5 off for moi.........why am i now disapointed ?? ha

After losing and then gaining the same 0.5lb over the last few weeks I`ve lost 2lbs this week!!

Now 9st13lbs. Not been in the 9`s for many years. :D

Make room on the naughty step!! :D
Well done Annie & Felicity.
But you are both on the naughty step this week. Go and join Lou & Latte.
That makes 4 of you residing there at the mo. Not bad for tortoises! :8855:

Thanks for all your advice guys, it's definitely made things easier.:) I will go to WI today and see the damage, hey, maybe it won't be as bad as I think.

I especially agree with the idea that even if you put on a bit, you're still weighing much less that you used to, and at least are actually thinking about what you're eating, so generally, you'll be much healthier, which benefits not only your weight and appearance but also internal health too, so it's not all bad at all. :) Guess it is what you also said, about just getting back ON THE HORSE and just doing it. Like my consultant says, trust the plan....it does work!

My problem this week has been various unavoidable foodie/drink events, and then I didn't have time to plan my food properly, which I usually do. Do you guys plan it on a weekly basis or just get up and decide to do a red/green/ee day as and when? :confused:

Anyway, this has really got me thinking about keeping up with the plan, and going back to basics a bit, so even if the WI isn't as bad as I think it will be, I'll come back here and chat!
:rolleyes:

I am determined to do this, tortoise friends! Just annoying it's taking so long. BUT...we will get there.......

Sigh, fingers crossed for WI! :(

I have gone back to basics last week and I think that helped a lot. Check out my diary for a looksie if you want link is in my sig.

I tend to plan a day ahead like tonight I know I am going to Zizzi with a friend and I will have the super salad which is broad beans lentils butternut squash and cheese so it has to be a Green day today.

Tomorrow I have already bought smoked salmon for lunch as it was on offer in Asda so I have told my husband that we will have haddock with savoury rice and cauliflower/broc cheese for dinner which means I will have to make Friday an EE day

I never plan more than a day as who knows what will happen so I have no plans for the weekend yet.

Big congratulations to all those scrunching up next to me on the naughty step X

If I have a STS next week I think I will be happy but I am so so worried as I am not allowed to exercise till my next assessment which is end of October so I hope it doesnt impact on my weight loss as I have been going to the gym or swim 2/3 times a week.

I haven`t got a food diary on here, I do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper.

I try to plan a week ahead now. Had a few bad weeks recently through lack of planning. I even put at the top which plan I`m using each day to make life easier. It`s not totally carved in stone so that if something unexpected crops up I can deal with it.

It also helps when writing my shopping list so that I know what needs to be replaced. If I use any recipes on here or in the magazine the ingredients I don`t have at home already can be added on without too much difficulty.

congratulations all who are on the naughty step!!! we may have to turn it into a naughty room at this rate!!

on planning ahead...i tend to plan in the morning for the day ahead sometimes i plan the night before but i cant plan too far ahead as it just feels to regimented, but i always make sure i have lots of sw friendly stuff in and do my shop online on a friday or saturday so i have plenty of nice sw friendly stuff in over a weekend it does really help me. i always make sure i have a stash of eggs and alpen lights and fruit. if i decide to do a recipe out of one of my cook books i will decide in the morning then go and get the ingredients so it gives me an excuse to get some exercise

well... i have given my head a shake and decided that 1 and a half is still a great loss, yes its not as much as some would have had but who cares? its not a race and im not in competition with anyone. i always compare mself to my friend who has been doing sw a while and loses 4 pound on the weeks she is good but she has been losing and gaining the same few pounds for a few months, i was a over a stone more than her and now im around the same weight so theres something to be said for losing slowly, i know it takes hard work just to lose a pound and have never had regular big losses, i tend to even at a pound a week, which is less than alot of people but i think that because i know it takes a lot just to get that one pound off im less likely to slip off completely for a few weeks at a time as it will take months to get off what im capable of gaining in 2 or 3 weeks. if i lose 1 and a half each week i will lose almost half a stone in a month and thats great!!! i have never lost half a stone in a month as i always tend to have an annoying run of maintains. i am having to have saturday night off as i am away camping and the drinks etc have been paid for in advance and have no way of cooking my own food so will have to eat out, plus i want to enjoy myself, so am doing mostly red around it and going to try limit my syns a bit more than i have the last 2 days as i went way over on tuesday and had 11 yesterday. once this weekend is out of the way i have a clean run up until 10th december so can try really hard, as i have a big night out and want to be a lot slimmer by then or i wont feel like going out. sorry for the long post :eek:

Thats the spirit Lou

I would be ecstatic if I lost 1.5lb a week and it does all add up.

I am out tonight at Zizzi then maybe out for a meal at the weekend with my husband not sure yet as we are saving for Florida in a couple of weeks time

Sorry ladies been a bit quiet recently! It's been a bit busy on here recently as well lol
I gained 1/2lb this week so I'm right at the top end again.
Got all my books back out and planned my week. Been really good today - hope I can maintain it!

HEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!

im in that 'ive blown my diet now so may aswell just have a gigantic feast' mode, i need talking from the edge please!!

i went to the local fair and have eaten almost a full bag of cinder toffee covered in chocolate, i dont know how many syns it is as they dont have it on the sw website and i also had half a small portion of chips im figuring the cinder toffee was probably about 50 syns as its basicaly chocolate coated sugar, and the chips probably around 7? i didnt have any other syns for the day, but i had high syns tuesday and wednesday and saturday is awrite off so am getting where i know i will have gained so may aswell text a holiday in for tuesday and just write this week off. i feel so mad with myself, why do i do it?

You do it because you're human. We all are! These blow outs will always happen to everyone so don't worry about it. The important thing is you recognise it should be an occassional thing and get back on plan. These things never hurt longterm unless you fail to get back on plan. So brush it under the rug, whats done is done, accept its a part of life and be good for the rest of the week :)

Lou, we are human but it still makes you feel bad. you recognise you need to get back on the road again so that is good, it could be worse you could be thinking you wont go back on it. i had flap jack and little bits of buffet foods yesterday....i was in two minds when i got home if to continue the off plan lunch but i didnt, i got it back. i think this is key!

thanks guys you are right, i was good with my meals yesterday and all in all i was well behaved, i stopped to get a burger from the fair then thought 'what am i doing, ive had my tea and im not even hungry' so walked away which was good, i just couldnt resist the cinder toffee it was delicious haha. i have 3 meals today to be good for and 1 possibly 2 tomorrow and then i have no control over what im eating so can only do the best i can until i get home sunday probably around lunch time, i doubt ill be drinking loads sunday as i will no doubt be hungover (hen weekend) so in bed all day lol. i want to say ill be sensible and not drink loads but i know that wont happen so i am going to be realistic. hopefully by sunday tea time i can pull it round a bit ad by monday ill be back on plan. i think a loss is completely out of the window but a sts could be achieved if im really good around it...hopefully anyway.

Have a great weekend Lou. Cinder toffee is just like bars of crunchie so I am sure it wasn't too bad

Weigh in today yielded a massively unexpected 2 lbs gain - I know it's TOTM but how depressing .. : / I hate the slowness

Just checking in to say that I've just measured out blocks of 42g of low fat cheese, 227g jacket potatoes, 113g of turkey breast as my HEX's for the week. I'm on it now for the run up to xmas. No excuses, no cheating. 100% on plan and if I haven't lost 1st 7lbs in total by xmas (that'll make it 6 months) then it's obviously not for me and I quit. Starting tomorrow....! ;)

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week x

Back