The really slow loss team!

morning peeps, hope everyone is ok? latte have you managed to pick yourself up after your unexplained gain? i hope so hunni, you never know you may have a 4 pounder again next week :)

well done felicity!!! woop woop

well i did a red day yesterday and i was sooooo hungry last night, i think my body has gone into shock after all the carbs i had at the weekend, so i ended up snackin on free and super free all night grr. i have eaten a full jar of pickled onions this week, god i hope they are free!!! not buying anymore though as i have now got a funny tummy hahaha gonna do an extra easy day today as im sooo hungry i dont think i could do another red the way i feel at the minute plus im going to make some speed soup, which i cant have on red.

conlou1 said:
morning peeps, hope everyone is ok? latte have you managed to pick yourself up after your unexplained gain? i hope so hunni, you never know you may have a 4 pounder again next week :)

well done felicity!!! woop woop

well i did a red day yesterday and i was sooooo hungry last night, i think my body has gone into shock after all the carbs i had at the weekend, so i ended up snackin on free and super free all night grr. i have eaten a full jar of pickled onions this week, god i hope they are free!!! not buying anymore though as i have now got a funny tummy hahaha gonna do an extra easy day today as im sooo hungry i dont think i could do another red the way i feel at the minute plus im going to make some speed soup, which i cant have on red.

Pickled onions, absolutely free my love. As are gherkins, beetroot, red cabbage and everything else along that line. (except olives)

I didn't have too bad a week last week on holiday and only gained a wee tiny bit (0.2lb), but it looks like it might have caught up with me this week :(

A sneaky peek this morning confirms around a one pound gain :sigh:, but TBH I am not surprised as I was in London at a meeting yesterday and unable to access anything even remotely SW friendly so I ended up eating a McDonalds - wouldn't mind so much, but I didn't even enjoy it that much...... I'd rather have had a nice homemade burger and SW fries :rolleyes: You all know it only takes one day off plan to spell disaster for me......... I so envy those who seem to be able to slip on and off the wagon with infuriating regularity without suffering any real consequences :mad:

Lots of frut and veg today in the hope that I don't creep even further upwards by tomorrow - watch this space.........

I should be fine of the next couple of weeks at least as I'm pretty much working from home every day so temptation is out of the way. Hopefully I can creep my way slowly back down towards that elusive 11st 13.5lb target and be in the next zone......... I have been 12st something for months now and it getting a tad boring!

Nice to have you back Annya. Hope you enjoyed the holiday. I know what you mean about eating when you're on the road though. I went to Liverpool for a wedding and had a KFC on the way there AND on the way back. Then I went on holiday. It was all just a total disaster. I must say though, I'm 110% focussed now. I really want my 10%, really, really badly. Currently, I'm 7lbs away from it. What are my chances of actually getting that on the run up to Christmas?! Meh. Can't believe Ive been following SW (with the exception of them 2 holiday weeks) for 20 weeks today and although I got my stone award, I've officially only lost 10.5/11.5lbs. See, I'm so confused with gains and losses recently, I don't even know exactly how much it is!!

Hope the fruit and veg works for you. :)

Cheers me dear :D

Yes...... it started off well yesterday morning with sa bowl of fruit salad from a market stall and I even managed to resist the customary biscuits with coffee at the meeting, but then it all went downhill with an hour to burn on Paddington station before my train left, an empty rumbling belly and the only options being Burger King or Maccy D's for food. The rest, as they say, is history :break_diet:

Never mind - it's done now and there's little point in whinging about it. The thing that REALLY gets my goat though is that I know plenty who could have that Maccy D and still got a loss........... bloody frustrating to say the least :mad:

Ho-hum - I'll be back tomorrow to let you know the final damage and can only put my nose back to the grind stone and carry on creeping downwards, and upwards, and downwards, and upwards........... ad ruddy infinitum :sigh: :8855:

. . . Hopefully I can creep my way slowly back down towards that elusive 11st 13.5lb target and be in the next zone......... I have been 12st something for months now and it getting a tad boring!
I know the feeling. I've been in the 12's since May and it is driving me nuts!
I actually dipped under 12 but only mathematically. I weigh in kgs and on a sneaky peak in the middle of the week I got to 76.2 which translated with the FULL factor comes to 11 st 13.99 lbs!!! So I quickly swapped the scales to stones but of course it said 12!! And I then ate for Spain and put it all back on.
Stuck at 12 st 1.5 lbs AGAIN!!

Remember groundhog day? That's exactly how it feels to me too.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Not been on the forum for a couple of weeks. I went to my class last week and the scales showed a 0.5 gain. Was so disappointed I could have cried.

I joined on 7.July this year and have still only lost 5 lbs in total! Not even half a stone and that is a record even for me!!

Something that really pees me off too, is that SW magazine implies this month that if you are not losing weight it is because you are letting something in your life block it happening. This makes me feel even more inadequate.:mad::eek::cry:

If I could only get that half stone, I think I might feel a little more optimistic but it's so hard at the moment to not feel negative.

Just signed up for another 12 weeks but honestly if nothing shifts after this I may have to change tactics but it is the last thing I want to do. I love the SW way of eating but maybe it is too much for me?

I dread the thought of calorie counting and being hungry - oh darn it. Sorry to sound so depressing but it is good to come here and sound off.

Class tonight. Please...please let me have lost something for goodness sake..........!!!!!

PS Have missed you all but been so busy to keep up with the thread. Good luck all and let's keep at it. XXXX

I am in total shock as I know I have done nothing wrong but I have put on 1.5lb this week which means a total loss of ZERO since 20.09 which is ridiculous and so upsetting.
I feel like crying and giving it all up

Stats for last few weeks
20.9 lost 2lbs
27.09 put on 2lbs
04.10 put on 0.5lb
11.10 lost 4lbs
18.10 put on 1.5lb

Seriously what the hell am I doing wrong. Everything is weighed measured and counted. The last drink I had was 16.09 and I am just getting so disheartened. I feel a total failure and we still have our holiday.

I so feel for you and empathise. Big hugs to us. :wave_cry::bighug:

well i have been doing it for 22 weeks (i think, i need to check in my book to be sure, its either 21 or 22) and ive lost 17 pound, less than a pound a week, i have had as many sts as i have losses and i hate it when they say you should lose your first 7 pound in 3 weeks and a stone in 6, it took me about 16/17 weeks to lose a stone grr. admittedly i didnt have amassive gain when i should this week, but i dont have a decent loss when i should either, i just seem to be stuck. i keep trying and its upsetting when friends who do the plan stick to it loosely and drink themselves stupid each weekend and loose 3-4 pound, i limit my syns to 65 and dont put a foot wrong and lose 1.5? not an amount to be sniffed at but also not a reflection of my hard work when compared to others. but...here we are all together at varying degrees of despair with being slow losers, but in it together non the less, to support each other and praise each other on our albeit small losses and to give hugs when we gain or sts. this group keeps me motivated as there are people in the same boat and your all lovely :) c'mon lovelies, dont give up and dont lose heart, we may have to work harder than everyone else but at the end of the day 'easy come easy go' and i would rather it take 3 times longer than the next person to lose weight if that means i keep it off, while its frustrating now, we will have the last laugh when we get slim and stay that way for life. x

I absolutely know what you mean Lou. I've just got back from WI and lost 1lb which is amazing for me and I'm delighted. Dare say the slowness will creep back next week regardless of how hard I try.

Let me share a little story. Maybe it's just me being anal or what not but it riled me yesterday and made me think about how I'm losing this weight.

My bf said yesterday that his mate had had steak, new potatoes and vegetables for his dinner where his gf had toast because she's on sw. I said that she could absolutely have had the same thing on sw and eating just toast is going to do her no favours at all. My man said that she's lost loads of weight and looks great. I was FURIOUS. Not because he said she looks great but because it's not sw that's making her look great, it's stupid eating and hardcore exercise. I don't understand why she would pay £5 a week to not follow the plan.
Anyway, this made me really think about the whole thing. I'm eating well, I'm exercising, I'm losing weight properly, slowly albeit but happily. We know the plan has to work. It wouldn't be a multi million pound company if it didn't.
But when this is all over our eating habits won't change, we can still eat out, we can still make healthy choices and our bodies won't cling to everything we eat over and above our "toast".
I know it's disheartening sometimes when the scales don't show what we want but we have to keep on keeping on. There are more important things in life than weigh ins and when we're all at target we can all go out and enjoy them.

Come on girlies. We can totally all do this.

Apologies for just writing War and Peace- the sequel! ;)

Well I just got back from group and it was 1.5 off thank goodness.

So half a pound away from getting my half stone, so I must go all out this week. I so want to shift some of this before Christmas.

Some very wise and encouraging posts on here so thank you. :)

ooh i read something the other day which may interest you all.

losing weight at any more than 1-2 pound per week is NOT good, apparently when you lose more than that you not only lose water but you lose lean muscle mass, which is what helps to burn the calories, hence if you lose lean muscle mass your metabolism slows down and burns calories at a slower rate, so as soon as you eat something you shouldnt or start eating a 'normal' diet the weight flies on at an alarming rate. which is why fad diets result in speedy weight gain straight after. so we should pride ourselves on being slow losers, cos as hels said at least we are doing it properly and will be able to live a normal life without feeling the need to starve ourselves everytime we go out for a meal etc.

i have also realised sw is a life long learning curve, ive been doing it 3 years and learn new things every day, its about learning about your own body and what works and doesnt work for you, were all different and what one person can eat and lose weight on doesnt always work for another. you can tailor make your own eating plans within it, and learn how to eat in moderation and live a normal life without worrying that your going to get out of control.

were all being very philosophical today, i like it hahaha

A not unexpected one pound gain for me this week. No worries - I know where it came from, it's the mystery gains that annoy me!

Onwards and downwards..........:D

i tried doing a red day on wednesday and boy was it hard, i was so hungry and couldnt stop picking all night. so yesterday i gave in an did extra easy. and all i had on the night was a mug of options, some satsumas and my hi fi bar. a vast improvement! the only problem is i tend to sts alot when i do extra easy which is frustrating. i know it must be my carb portions but i just cant seem to get it right!! im going to do some recipes out of the cook book and see if that helps, i find extra easy the hardest plan to get right..anyone else?

Hi Everyone

I've not been around for a while as I kind of got a bit disheartened then went on hols. Anyway i'm back now and had my first weeks loss of........1/2 lb. Had a generous syn weekend though. Planning next week at the moment as I really want to be under 12 by christmas.

conlou1 said:
i tried doing a red day on wednesday and boy was it hard, i was so hungry and couldnt stop picking all night. so yesterday i gave in an did extra easy. and all i had on the night was a mug of options, some satsumas and my hi fi bar. a vast improvement! the only problem is i tend to sts alot when i do extra easy which is frustrating. i know it must be my carb portions but i just cant seem to get it right!! im going to do some recipes out of the cook book and see if that helps, i find extra easy the hardest plan to get right..anyone else?

Lou, I've been doing red days all this week. I've been so full it's untrue. My diary is in my signature if you want to see what I've had. (There's a massive gap from August to October where I didn't bother reporting) Personally, RED is the new black!

Wrong thread! Derrr.
Now I can't get rid of this post. Anyone know how to delete.... Ignore this whole message. I need to go back to bed!!

Last edited:
Back