The really slow loss team!

HelsAngel said:
Well done, acc and Annya.
Had my WI last night too. OMG!! It turns out that I can in fact eat out and choose wisely and have a loss in the same week. After my 2lb gain last week, this week I'm delighted a report a 4lb loss. 4 freaking pounds?! That big loss that I've chased since week 1 has finally turned up. I did a lap of honour around the hall and danced and jumped around. I was so absolutely delighted. However, I got home and in my book it's only been recorded as a 3lb loss. Still blooming amazing though and if I've got an extra 1lb in hand for next week, it almost means I'm guaranteed a loss next week too.
So, I'm now the very proud owner of one of these.... Thought it'd never happen. Green days, how I love you more than you'll ever know!

Good for you:-D :-D

you can do it latte...start writing it down and the rest will follow. the sooner you start the quicker youll start losing hun.

well i made a rogan josh, it was so nice, out of the curry heaven book, but i wanted it spicy )bearing in mind it had chilli powder and paprika) so i put 3 of these super hot chillis in it and wow!! my mouth was on fire!! i had my portion and have saved another portion for later cos i didnt have dinner today so have only had 2 meals and am hungry!! was so tasty though, if you miss having a takeaway curry id really recommend the curry heaven book, just as tasty as a restaurant curry, except the korma, that was rubbish...it needs cream not fat free fromage frais or yogurt haha. well its friday and im NOT having a drink...ill take that round of applause now please ladies!!

*ignore hels everyone she is an imposter tortoise*

JOKE !! 4 lb ???????????/ you clever thing you !! all those speed foods must have worked. I could hug you for that loss

you can do it latte...start writing it down and the rest will follow. the sooner you start the quicker youll start losing hun.

well i made a rogan josh, it was so nice, out of the curry heaven book, but i wanted it spicy )bearing in mind it had chilli powder and paprika) so i put 3 of these super hot chillis in it and wow!! my mouth was on fire!! i had my portion and have saved another portion for later cos i didnt have dinner today so have only had 2 meals and am hungry!! was so tasty though, if you miss having a takeaway curry id really recommend the curry heaven book, just as tasty as a restaurant curry, except the korma, that was rubbish...it needs cream not fat free fromage frais or yogurt haha. well its friday and im NOT having a drink...ill take that round of applause now please ladies!!

Here you go Lou

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Hi all, long time no see.:wave_cry:

Well done to Hels and Pommette that is amazing news - fanbloomingtastic.

I have been off plan for a couple of weeks now. I seem to be catching all sorts of bugs, eg another bout of dire things and now a chest infection. Of course I am still eating, chocolate and sweets and the odd crispbread and cheese but no menus, no vegetables and no energy to care.

But.....I woke to see a 2 lb gain since yesterday morning! This has frightened me to get back on track......I still have no energy but managed to peel some sweet potatos and bn squash and so some soup is merrily bubbling away.

I did not go to group, despite my weight being ok. Just could not get it together.

Why does this time of year affect us so much? :(

I must...must...get back on plan. I feel physically run down from not eating properly too. :(

Some great posts from you all, thanks it helps a lot. :)

i know how you feel flabulous, i am really run down, cold sores, spots, mouth ulcers, full of cold, lank hair, dry patches on my skin and just feeling generally cack. but i find if i eat rubbish it makes me feel even worse, so when im run down like i am now i try to make extra special ennergy to up my fruit and veg intake. hopefully your soup will make you feel better, perhaps a course of vitamins would help? im going to go on a sunbed once a week i think, im going to use sun cream as i dont want to damage my skin but just to give me a boost cos i get quite depressed through winter and its happening earlier this year cos we have had no summer to speak of.

well as i have said above i am feeling cack, full of cold. luckily the hubby is on duty tonight, i really fancy some baileys or a bottle of red wine, but i actually dont think i can be bothered to go to the shop. i didnt get round to doing the shopping either which is dangerous for me food wise. i went out today and got ingredients for tea, i made a lovely extra lean beef mince and pasta bake, like a bolognaise really it was delicious. hope everyone enjoys their weekend

I am with you guys! I was doing so well, not fast but still on it until last week! Sigh. Will have a gain tomorrow that's for sure which will take a month to lose if I can get mojo back. It's the cold weather, for me knowing only 3 weeks left with this class ( maternity cover ends) and no job in site. Feeling blah and getting loads of bugs. Moan moan!!!
I hope we all feel better by morning xx

I seem to fit in here. It is disheartening, but at least going the right way
I am hopeing the more that is lost the more positive you / I will feel

:fingerscrossed: for me tonight please ladies, i have actually tried this week, and even with the blackforest gateux gu pudding m and m's and 2 glasses of wine i am still under my weekly amount of syns. i dont feel like ive lost a bloody bean though. so expecting a sts. ive switched from very little carbs to ee though so if i dont lose it could be my body adjusting again?? i have a chicken and veg casserole in the oven bubbling away nicely for when i get back home, just need to do some rice with it.

how is everyone else doing?

:fingerscrossed: for me tonight please ladies, i have actually tried this week, and even with the blackforest gateux gu pudding m and m's and 2 glasses of wine i am still under my weekly amount of syns. i dont feel like ive lost a bloody bean though. so expecting a sts. ive switched from very little carbs to ee though so if i dont lose it could be my body adjusting again?? i have a chicken and veg casserole in the oven bubbling away nicely for when i get back home, just need to do some rice with it.

how is everyone else doing?

Good luck tonight, Lou. You know by now that however you feel doesn't actually have any bearing whatsoever on what you've lost or gained. It'll be what it'll be but if you're in the right frame of mind, that's the best you can do. So you had a problem at the weekend but you clawed your way back. I think you'll be fine.

I'm doing ok this week ta. My consultant text to tell me it was only 3lbs I lost not 4lbs which was a bit annoying but 3lbs is still my biggest loss thus far and I still earned my Club 10. Like you, I'm not feeling the love this week but I've made some hummus and some Leek and Potato soup so we'll see how the week pans out. Thread's been quiet these last couple of days (unless I'm on another planet).
Where is everyone?

My official weigh in.after holiday was 6lbs on which I am fine with as day before I went away I had a silly 6lb loss which only stress could explain so I am back to the weight I was on 1st November which is what I hoped for as I knew my weigh in on 8th November was wrong I mean a 6lb loss in a week at my rate no way !
I have 2lbs to lose to get me officially back under 12st

Well, I didnt make it last week and have had a very sociable weekend starting Thursday so a gain was inevitable. 1lb back on!! I was expecting it but at the same time I am so disappointed with myself.

I got the Fast Forward booklet from my consultant cos I need some strict guidance but what is stopping me from following the plan apart from myself and my greedy belly?!

Anyway, I am going to read the booklet and see if I have the right food in the house. If I do, I will start it tmrw. If I don't I will do red & green til the weekend when I go shopping.

I really wish I had a real, urgent, valid incentive!!!

I need to stop messing around!! :wave_cry:

Just a quick post and run as I've managed to get a signal on my dongle in Cornwall. Amazing - as it wouldn't work at all last time I was here in April.

I can't say "thanks" to some of you as it's more than 2 days since they were posted - but a heartfelt thanks to you all.

I'll catch up properly when I get home on Saturday but Hels - fantastic loss you are so right to run to the naughty step. Annya good loss from you too chica! 1.2 is only just heading in th at direction but I think you ought to go and keep Hels company! :D

thanks hels, well i lost a pound wuite pleased with that, then i sit in group hearing about everyone else losing between 4 and 8 pounds in one week and its taken me about 4 months to lose that ffs. but never mind im going down and thats all that matters...2 stone 3 pound since may.

You are doing really well Lou - I also started in May and haven't even managed to lose a stone yet!

I don't go to class - nearest one to here is a 26 mile round trip :eek: I think it would make me throw the towel in anyway TBH when others lose so much and I lose so little with the same effort required! I know how you feel though - I follow another couple of threads on here and it is disheartening to hear of the 2, 3, 4, 5 and even 6lbs losses on a regular basis on some of them........... ho-hum :sigh:

latte, a gain is invevitable especially in the states! you could have done far far worse and am glad you are starting over again. Lou its a shocker at groups isnt it? i never stay for the analogy at the end I weigh and RUN !! i may have to start going again tho as i have slipped big time....again

greedy guts keep going hun!

welcome to new bods you are in good company here, unlike other areas of forums we help each other here we dont just come along and brag about our loss without a thought or hug for others. its a lovely supportive group.

pom i love the word dongle for some reason, makes me giggle.

i stayed the same this week.....i must get my mojo back. i find little things keep going in my mouth (no pun intented ha) the odd biscuit/crisp/chocolate/chip/bite of toast etc etc and they all add up. plus i had a heavy carb week last week (finances are bad) so its all my own flippin fault

Back