The really slow loss team!

greedyguts1980 said:
I lost 2lbs this week. That takes me to 1 stone :)

The doctor is sending me for a stomach scan as he thinks I may have PCOS.

Why can't life be simple. On the plus side, I have made some "healthy" banana and blueberry muffins hmmmmm!! Synned them at 9.5 so not that healthy but by god are they tasty.

Let's cheer up and have a good week!! Summer is nearly here and we all want to look good :) xxx

Congrats on the loss!

I lost 2lbs this week. That takes me to 1 stone :)

The doctor is sending me for a stomach scan as he thinks I may have PCOS.

Why can't life be simple. On the plus side, I have made some "healthy" banana and blueberry muffins hmmmmm!! Synned them at 9.5 so not that healthy but by god are they tasty.

Let's cheer up and have a good week!! Summer is nearly here and we all want to look good :) xxx

Well done! Just noticed you are on Slim Fast. I have recently switched to a hybrid version of it...... do you use the SF forum at all?

This is why I don't follow any threads apart from this one - folks like that drive me mad :mad:

shall i tell you what drives me bonkers?? people who post with big losses saying its not good enough....and (rant alert here goes)people who join our lovely team here, never join in the supportive chat and discussions but manage to talk JUST about themselves (me me me me) and then after joining never come back and support others/offer any advice but miraculously manage to join in again when they lose weight!!!

they somehow remember us when they have lost weight!!

*rant over*

Well done tiphareth and greedyguts x

I couldn't stop eating last night it was driving me mad. Going to try to be 100% today but I have no control atm. Stupid * week although im pleased things are regulating now, I am covered in spots and I always get this weird boil type spot between my eyes when j come on, the same place every time! It's so painful and won't squeeze lol. Did a bit of retail therapy last
Night online I did pick clothes for myself but ended up buying stuff for the new house instead lol. Having a relaxing day indoors today to try make myself well, think I need steroids to boost me up a bit I've been ill for ages now.

Greedyguts I'm surprised they're scanning you, it must be an area thing cos here they won't scan when they think it's pcos as they say the cysts don't always show up and the scans have proved to be unreliable and they diagnose more on symptoms :/ I've been told that every time I've asked about it, probably to do with saving bloody money-tight gits lol. I hope you get some answers though hun x

It depends where about your are in your cycle as well. I had to come off the pill to have an ultrasound for PCOS as it doesn't show if you are on the pill due to the suppressed hormones.

I am also joining Lou in.the poorly corner I have a throat infection and I feel like death. I can't swallow I can't hear properly and I.ache all over.

My boss and wife are away so I have to run the office as it is just me left.

I just want to go and lie down

Hugs all round this morning then!!! Like conlou i can't satisfy my appetite this morning, am due on tired and stressed and all i want to do is eat :( hadn't thought about PCOS with the weight loss thing, i suffer with that although i was told it was mild at the time - we were ttc hence why we were scanned and found out. I am going to restart my 30 day shred dvd soon - try and tone up. I just want to fit into a size 12 and i think if i pushed through that for 30 days i might just get there, with the running too.... need to kick my ass into gear!!

It depends where about your are in your cycle as well. I had to come off the pill to have an ultrasound for PCOS as it doesn't show if you are on the pill due to the suppressed hormones.

I am also joining Lou in.the poorly corner I have a throat infection and I feel like death. I can't swallow I can't hear properly and I.ache all over.

My boss and wife are away so I have to run the office as it is just me left.

I just want to go and lie down

I wasn't taken off the pill when I had my scan, they didn't even mention it...?! They were going to do a normal ultrasound but decided on an internal at last minute. I've had teo internal scans now.

Lou - you're right about cysts not always showing on the scan. I was told my ovaries were "perfect" (hmmm) but when they did my first laparospcopy they found lots of cysts & that I have PCOS. Thought the scan was a waste of time after that!

Anyway, I weighed in today with a 1lb loss. I know I should be pleased but that's my first loss in about 6 weeks & it doesn't reflect my hard work. Ah well, at least the number went down! :)

Well done Lisa. I know it's disheartening not to get a big number but were all the same hun. A pound off is still a pound closer to goal x

Hugs latte, sorry your feeling rubbish too :( we need some hot weather I think.

I was told by the endocrinologist and 2 different gp's that they don't do scans for pcos anymore but it seems to be an area thing, like with pre natal care the amount you get depends on where you live in the country. Silly really, you would think it would be standard everywhere. My bloods even came back ok and the gp said that's not even a reliable diagnosis as it depends where you are I'm your cycle and as my bloods were taken straight after a period she said she isn't surprised they came back normal. Apparently they tend to diagnose based on symptoms. I was offered orlastat last time I event but I don't fancy it. I'm going to see how I get on now my periods seem to be returning to normal. Bloody hormones eh? X

its very interesting that you have so many of you with PCOS !? is it reassuring to know it can impact your weight loss (it seems to make it a zilliion times harder for you)

Well done Lisa. I know it's disheartening not to get a big number but were all the same hun. A pound off is still a pound closer to goal x

Hugs latte, sorry your feeling rubbish too :( we need some hot weather I think.

I was told by the endocrinologist and 2 different gp's that they don't do scans for pcos anymore but it seems to be an area thing, like with pre natal care the amount you get depends on where you live in the country. Silly really, you would think it would be standard everywhere. My bloods even came back ok and the gp said that's not even a reliable diagnosis as it depends where you are I'm your cycle and as my bloods were taken straight after a period she said she isn't surprised they came back normal. Apparently they tend to diagnose based on symptoms. I was offered orlastat last time I event but I don't fancy it. I'm going to see how I get on now my periods seem to be returning to normal. Bloody hormones eh? X

Oh really? I had the first scan when I was 19 & the second around 21. So 5 years ago. Have to admit I've always found it hard to lose weight. Hard often meaning impossible. And I've always thought "maybe it's just me & my annoying body" so knowing how many of us have PCOS or hormone related problems & struggle to lose weight is almost reassuring.

When I got stuck & couldn't lose anymore my first SW C told me I was an "exception" & that SW wouldn't work for me. Even though I'd lost around 10lb by that time. I think anyone can lose weight but some people have to try at least 10 times harder. Sometimes I feel I try 100 times harder. Oh well, we'll get there :)

Hugs to everyone, it seems a lot of people are feeling rough at the moment.

I hate * when I just want to eat everything in sight (it doesn't even need to be edible).

I feel a little more reassured actually as i'd never put the two together before...

I had but didn't really feel there was much to be done about it. Odd thing I find is that the last time my Dr weighed me he asked if I find weightloss hard, I explained I'm on SW & give 100% but may or may not do well. He's never once said the two can be linked even though I've seen him a hundred times over period problems! In my opinion regarding me, yes hormones are my enemy when it comes to weightloss!

I got diagnosed with it around 6 years ago as I came off the pill to try for a baby and just wasn't having periods and piled about 1.5 stone on almost overnight. I have only had regular periods when on the pill. The doctor explained that losing weight is beneficial to ease symptoms of pcos and to help periods but as its harder to lose weight while having it its a bit of a catch 22. My periods only returned recently after losing almost 2 and a half stone and they seem to be regulating but I also take herbal supplements.
My weight seems to come off easier when I'm having periods.

Evening all, sorry for being a stranger, just so very busy at work and I wasn't too well earlier this week. We all seem to be suffering bugs at the moment, don't we?
Hubby went to a funeral this morning and rang me just before 12 to say he'd dropped the car at home and was heading to the pub. Tha was over nine hours ago :eek:
He's not answering his phone, I don't know where he is and I know he's a grown man but surely he'll be plastered by now? He has to go in work tomorrow. Worried, not sure what to do.
Latte, I really hope you feel better soon.
Popped into meeting ... 1 off.

meadowbankles said:
Evening all, sorry for being a stranger, just so very busy at work and I wasn't too well earlier this week. We all seem to be suffering bugs at the moment, don't we?
Hubby went to a funeral this morning and rang me just before 12 to say he'd dropped the car at home and was heading to the pub. Tha was over nine hours ago :eek:
He's not answering his phone, I don't know where he is and I know he's a grown man but surely he'll be plastered by now? He has to go in work tomorrow. Worried, not sure what to do.
Latte, I really hope you feel better soon.
Popped into meeting ... 1 off.

Well done. Am sure hubby is just drunk somewhere, hope you hear from him soon xx

Back