The really slow loss team!

Hello lovely slow losers!
Sorry I have been so quiet! I actually read all posts and cheer everyone on a couple of times a day :) sheer finger laziness prevents me from tapping out slow replies on my iPod!

I think everyone is doing so well still being here and plugging on! Nice to see the naughty step is still needed too!

I am barely losing right now. Only 4 lbs to go to target, but I know I am not following the plan carefully enough. Doing tons of cycling though and a little running. I lost 2 st and 4 lbs and I feel soo much better for it. It's taken 18 months but I am so pleased I stuck with it and I think cos it was such hard work I will never ever gain all that again!!

Keep on folks it is worth it xx

Tiphareth said:
Sorry I've been AWOL for a little while, I've only gained over the last 4 weeks even though I've been fairly on plan and just wanted to hide from the world, and have been concentrating on my running.

Anyway, I talked to my C and called target for now to stop me stessing over the last half stone I have to lose.

The weight your at now is well within the healthy range and maybe that last but won't budge because your body is happy where it's at? If its really difficult to lose the last couple of pound how hard is if going to be to maintain it?? I'd say maybe switch to toning up if your not happy with your shape hun you can lose a dress size just through toning up. You've achieved a lot do far don't get hung up on this last bit. Feel proud and enjoy your new shape :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woodland girl said:
Sorry I have been so quiet! I actually read all posts and cheer everyone on a couple of times a day :) sheer finger laziness prevents me from tapping out slow replies on my iPod!

I think everyone is doing so well still being here and plugging on! Nice to see the naughty step is still needed too!

I am barely losing right now. Only 4 lbs to go to target, but I know I am not following the plan carefully enough. Doing tons of cycling though and a little running. I lost 2 st and 4 lbs and I feel soo much better for it. It's taken 18 months but I am so pleased I stuck with it and I think cos it was such hard work I will never ever gain all that again!!

Wow 4 pound from target that's amazing. Well done you!!

Woodland girl said:

Good luck, those last few can be a bit tough hence the reason I've called target.

Hiya WG - Lovely to hear from you. You know those last few pounds are going to be tough - as I said my last 6 took forever and I wasn't even in the healthy BMI Range.
You will get there chica - just keep faith even if it comes of really slowly. Your used to that :D

Morning folks. Glad to see some old faces saying hello.

Well my mid week weigh in seems to be showing a gain but it is on my home scales so difficult to tell.

Not sure I will make it to weigh in on Tuesday as got another operation on Monday and don't know if I feel like it.

Going out for our anniversary tomorrow so a big Chinese banquet planned. We go to the same restaurant everywhere where had our first date.

Morning folks. Glad to see some old faces saying hello.

Well my mid week weigh in seems to be showing a gain but it is on my home scales so difficult to tell.

Not sure I will make it to weigh in on Tuesday as got another operation on Monday and don't know if I feel like it.

Going out for our anniversary tomorrow so a big Chinese banquet planned. We go to the same restaurant everywhere where had our first date.
Did you have the op this week? If so how did it go go chica?
Don't fret too much about a gain if you've been in hospital. If you had an anaestetic of any sort they do weird things to your body.

have a lovely anniversary celebration hun.

Thanks pomme - operation is on Monday. They are going to try embolization on my veins in my pelvis as they think they are engorged and flowing the wrong way.
It involves a venogram so needle through my neck down to pelvis with a dye going through then the metal coils. Only local anesthetic but I might need sedating. Only a 60% chance it will work

I don't think the one I make is 12 SS soup. Is that the one with serious quantities of various beans in?
I do the SW Superspeed tomato soup that I found on Minis but adapted the recipe as it was far too thick and beany for me.

I love it - but I don't have it everyday. I alternate it with one of my speedy veg soups (I have 3 or 4 that I make) and I have continued to lose - albeit at my tortoise pace.
I don't think it has slowed my weight loss as I've always had soups for lunch and the tomato one was a late addition only about 3 or 4 months ago.

The recipe is here if you want it.
My adaptation is to add 500ml of passata as well - as I found the predominant taste was baked beans otherwise
The last time I made it I also added an extra 1/2 pt of water as it was just too thick for me.

Thanks I'll give this a try next chance I get. I know everyone's losses are different (as we all know!) but those that tried the 12 SS Soup had amazing losses so I was gutted to try it & not lose. I really loved it though. There were things in it I wasn't keen on but by the time you blend it you can't even tell the ingredients! It was so tasty & filling. I'm not really a soup person but will give yours a try. All I want is consistent losses so we'll see.

Im going on a last minute holiday on the 24th so for over 2 weeks I've done some form of exercise everyday, I think that's how I've lost two weeks in a row. I'd LOVE to have another good loss this week! Then I'm going to do Fast Forward for the 6 days before I leave. I can see I'm just starting to tone up :)

Sorry I've been AWOL for a little while, I've only gained over the last 4 weeks even though I've been fairly on plan and just wanted to hide from the world, and have been concentrating on my running.

Anyway, I talked to my C and called target for now to stop me stessing over the last half stone I have to lose.

Sorry to hear you've gained the last few weeks Kate. You've lost an amazing amount of weight so setting your target where you are is great. I've heard it's hardest to lose the last little bit. Maybe something will kick start it again & lose that little bit more to get to your original target. You should be very proud :)

Thanks pomme - operation is on Monday. They are going to try embolization on my veins in my pelvis as they think they are engorged and flowing the wrong way.
It involves a venogram so needle through my neck down to pelvis with a dye going through then the metal coils. Only local anesthetic but I might need sedating. Only a 60% chance it will work

l'll be thinking of you Monday Latte & really hopes the op helps!! Happy Anniversary for tomorrow, don't think about syns, just enjoy your lovely dinner x

Latte said:

Hope all goes well for you xxx

Kate - I think that is a very sensible decision. I got like this last September when I'd been stuck for 6 weeks losing and gaining the same 3 lbs.
So I maintained for October, hit it again in Novemeber and whoosh I lost the last 6 lbs in record speed (well at least for me it was!).

Your BMI is already pretty good at 22.2 so there is deffo no need to fret - but losing the last half stone will definitely not be so easy.
It will happen . . . when it happens.

:hug99: and well done for declaring target. Now to maintain . . .

The weight your at now is well within the healthy range and maybe that last but won't budge because your body is happy where it's at? If its really difficult to lose the last couple of pound how hard is if going to be to maintain it?? I'd say maybe switch to toning up if your not happy with your shape hun you can lose a dress size just through toning up. You've achieved a lot do far don't get hung up on this last bit. Feel proud and enjoy your new shape :)

Sorry to hear you've gained the last few weeks Kate. You've lost an amazing amount of weight so setting your target where you are is great. I've heard it's hardest to lose the last little bit. Maybe something will kick start it again & lose that little bit more to get to your original target. You should be very proud :)

Hopefully I finally get to post this reply (I wrote about 5 on my OH's old laptop this morning and it kept crashing and then had to go buy food).

Thank you for your replies.

Knowing how far I've already come and that my current BMI is pretty good and healthy is why I've called target for now. My obsession with losing the last few pounds was starting to get unhealthy and I probably would still not be happy and have wanted to carry on. Plus whilst I've not lost any weight recently I have upped my exercise and have lost at least an inch from my waist and hips which I am more than happy with. Also this was my adjusted target and I am still 4lbs lower than my original target which I achieved last August.

Good luck for Monday, I'll be thinking of you.

would like to join this as i am the 1/2 lb lady :( slow and steady wins the race i know but so frustrating isnt it most i have lost in 1 week is 1.5lbs x

hope we can lose slowly together :)

Hello and welcome vander:)

And welcome from me too! You're in good company here.

There are a few rules that you have to abide by! You can read the rules here!!!!
There's one or two who break the rules occasionally but mostly we all plod along at a steady loss - or gain!!!

Last edited:
Hi vander - welcome to "plodder's paradise" :D

Good luck chica - this does not sound very nice at all!

Have a lovely Anniversary celebration and enjoy your meal out. Eat sensibly of course - but have a treat too!

Back