The really slow loss team!

I love this thread, i'm not a member of that many on here but this is my fave, everyone is so nice. X

conlou1 said:
Where are you from Hun?

Ooh I'm hungry tonight!! Had salad for tea and just fancy something a bit more. My dress came today I can get it on but it looks awful I'm not even sure losing weight will improve it but I'm hoping so. It looks gorgeous on the hanger but I just looked huge in it :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ireland :)

Welcome Bronwyn - if you're a slow loser then you've come to the right place.

But I'm about to set a very bad example . . .

I had a loss this week . . . a good loss this week . . . a very very naughty lost this week.
*** wispers - I lost 1.3 kg (2.87 lbs) *** leaving me just 1.4 kg over target (again) so back right at top of range again. Phew

I did try blumin' hard though as I needed to get the extra lbs off that I'd gone over the top of range.
I did 7 red days, virtually no carbs for a whole week, and kept the syns to a sensible amount for the whole week.
And you all know what I use my syns on - and I didn't have any yesterday!!!! :eek:
So I'm on the naughty step big time and buying the drinkies for everyone. So shout up.
For you new girlies there are a few rules on the tortoise thread . . . which were devised over time and publish in full in April :8855:
and repeated here for your delight and delectation.

Rules of the Slow Loss Team - aka the Tortoise Club
As we are all slow losers, we tend to lose a pound or less a week.
Whilst this is ideal for you and your body to keep it off for ever, it can get frustrating.
Occasionally though something goes wrong and you actually do lose more than a pound in a week.
This is apt to annoy the club members so some rules were devised.

However, there are only 3 rules in the tortoise club and they are easy to remember.

1. Lose more than a pound in a week and you have to head off to the naughty step and join in the party. :D
2. Lose more than a pound in 2 consecutive weeks and not only do you have to go to the naughty step but you are given lines to do as well. :eek:
3. Lose more than a pound in 3 consecutive weeks and . . . well I've never worked out the penalty as noone has done it yet! :cry:

Occasionally you will also have to buy a round of drinks on the naughty step.
This punishment is inflicted for massive weight losses (i.e. more than 2 lbs in a week) or if you are lucky enough to actually get to target.
It cost me a fortune last November as everyone came over to join in even though they weren't supposed to be there! :8855:

So I suspect it is going to cost me a fortune again for such a massive loss.

Naughty Pom. Well done :) I'm feeling loads more positive about SW again, I always get the magazines and reading the success stories always seems to put me back in a determined mood, even if it takes me 2 years or even 3, I'll carry on and get there..have a good day everyone. Xx

POMMY !!!!!!!!!?????????? you star you !!! now get out there and get me a drink (a bottle of your finest champagne is punishment enough). blimey that is impressive lady *shocked, happy and jealous face*

Where are you from Hun?

Ooh I'm hungry tonight!! Had salad for tea and just fancy something a bit more. My dress came today I can get it on but it looks awful I'm not even sure losing weight will improve it but I'm hoping so. It looks gorgeous on the hanger but I just looked huge in it :(

what kind of dress is it ? i look awful in fashion at the moment LOU! just make sure its the style that doesnt flatter you rather than you being too harsh on yourself!

I had a loss this week . . . a good loss this week . . . a very very naughty lost this week.
*** wispers - I lost 1.3 kg (2.87 lbs) *** leaving me just 1.4 kg over target (again) so back right at top of range again. Phew

Woop-woop!!! Way to go Pom!!!

:clap: :worthy: :scale::bliss:

Pom - :party0049: way to go that's a brilliant loss!! Well deserved. Cutting carbs definitely helps me, although being veggie I don't do red, but weighing carbs seems to work for a lot of us. Hormones & low GI & all that...!!

My dress came today I can get it on but it looks awful I'm not even sure losing weight will improve it but I'm hoping so. It looks gorgeous on the hanger but I just looked huge in it :(

Where is your dress for? What style is it? I think you've got a great figure Lou so I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think!! :)

I have a holiday planned in a few months & bought a.....bikini (!!!!) as motivation. I love it but can't tell you how bad I look in it. I'm hoping if I throw myself into my workouts I can at least look ok :sigh:

Way to go Pom. Hmm I'll have........... A jug of woo woo cocktail please :) well done really pleased for you hun you deserve it after that week of strictness!!

Well I did rubbish in my pact with acc I slipped off but am back on the wagon so hope I'm forgiven Ann :D

The dress is just above knee length and has one shoulder strap. I actually tried it on today with heels and a better bra and it looked ok. I was very swollen yesterday so must have been that. Been on plan today and counted my calories like a good girl :) I'm hitting around 1500 a day I tried doing 1200 but I was too hungry lol. I'll take a picky of the dress later and you can tell me what you think if that's ok. The hubby is so rubbish with stuff like that x

Way to go Pom. Hmm I'll have........... A jug of woo woo cocktail please :) well done really pleased for you hun you deserve it after that week of strictness!!

Well I did rubbish in my pact with acc I slipped off but am back on the wagon so hope I'm forgiven Ann :D

The dress is just above knee length and has one shoulder strap. I actually tried it on today with heels and a better bra and it looked ok. I was very swollen yesterday so must have been that. Been on plan today and counted my calories like a good girl :) I'm hitting around 1500 a day I tried doing 1200 but I was too hungry lol. I'll take a picky of the dress later and you can tell me what you think if that's ok. The hubby is so rubbish with stuff like that x

Absolutely!! It sounds lovely, I love one shoulder dresses, my arms just aren't good enough for me to wear them. Heels always improve an outfit, enlongating the legs & all! Sounds like you're having a good day food wise, keep at it :)

Lou - photos deffo required and we will be honest with you.

Here you are ladies - this is my graph since I got to interim target on 23rd November.
So I'm up for losing the same 3 bl00dy lbs that I have lost and gained almost 8 times since last November.
Yes . . . I've lost and gained 23½ lbs since 28/11/2011 - as I still weight exactly the same as original target.

The green line was interim taget at 75.8 kg - and the red line my new target at 74.4. The pink one is 3lbs over interim.
So I've been maintaining at interim fairly nicely. But I don't want to maintaina there :cry:

49842-albums3274-picture50847.jpg

Pommette said:

Here you are ladies - this is my graph since I got to interim target on 23rd November.
So I'm up for losing the same 3 bl00dy lbs that I have lost and gained almost 8 times since last November.
Yes . . . I've lost and gained 23½ lbs since 28/11/2011 - as I still weight exactly the same as original target.

The green line was interim taget at 75.8 kg - and the red line my new target at 74.4. The pink one is 3lbs over interim.
So I've been maintaining at interim fairly nicely. But I don't want to maintaina there :cry:

Dont look back hun. You can't change where you was you can only do something about where you go from here, you can do this hun- draw a line under it and move onwards and downwards. You've had a superb loss this week after being strict with yourself a few more of these weeks and you'll be well below your target range. C'mon you can do this :) x

Lovely dress Lou its very pretty and summery its lovely on you now anyway

Summery niceness :) you look reet canny dear xx

49842-albums3274-picture50847.jpg

Pom - we know it's ridiculously hard to maintain once at target, I know it seems so monotonous to gain/lose the same few lb's but also remember just how far you've come. A lot of SW is trial & error for us, we know we have that extra difficulty holding us back, whether hormone problems or health problems etc. And that's probably true for maintaining too, you have to test things out which means yes, you're bound to gain a good few times (I say "few" lightly!). Just don't forget all the hard work you've put in to get where you are now :) you deserve to get to your new target & I hope you do soon :)

Lou I love the dress!! Looks perfect for a wedding & a nice fit. I'm not one who loses a dress size with each stone etc but I'd have thought the 10lbs to 1st would make a huge difference.

And I love that your dress fit revolves around the giant food fest ;)

Lol Lisa I can't be wearing no slinky dress that looks good before food but feels uncomfortable after lol. I know at another stone will get me to a 12 cos that's the weight I have got to twice :). That last stone really makes the difference to my shape it's weird to me that last stone means the difference between feeling uncomfortable and feeling slim. I have just been on a 2 hour walk I feel like I really want this now, it's too close to give in.

Back