The really slow loss team!

Thanks ladies :) xx

Yaaaay! Well done :)

Sorry just a quick post and run - behind again as I've been max'ed out all day

I gained ¾ lb so that puts me at 2 lbs over target!!! Grrrrrr
It was showing 1½ lbs up at one point so at least I pulled it back a bit!
Some of it will be heat gain - after the cold of the UK (I always lose well when I'm there) so hopefully it'll settle back down again.

Back on it this week with a veangeance methinks.

Sorry just a quick post and run - behind again as I've been max'ed out all day

I gained ¾ lb so that puts me at 2 lbs over target!!! Grrrrrr
It was showing 1½ lbs up at one point so at least I pulled it back a bit!
Some of it will be heat gain - after the cold of the UK (I always lose well when I'm there) so hopefully it'll settle back down again.

Back on it this week with a veangeance methinks.

Bummer honey. I too feel like I am going to see another gain this week, can't think why but I am really big bellied right now.... so much for my run of losses huh?

Flushes and night sweats are returning with a vengeance now, so it might be hormonal....... need to speak to doc about it if it doesn't get any better - or I might just start the HRT again and try another wean in 6 months.

This post is going to be completely irrelevant. I had a sneaky WI this morning, I won't lie, I've been doing it all week. Anyway Sunday was showing a 1.5 loss & today it's back up to a STS. I had dinner at a friends last night & she was really great & cooked SW cannelloni, it was delish but it meant I was eating pasta & I guess I'm a bit worried it will have a negative effect on tomorrows WI, it was only a small amount but I've totally cut back on the carbs. I don't get bloated or anything & I know it's all still in my system so it's probably nothing to go by. I've been feeling so good the last few weeks but today I feel really blah, my jeans don't fit as nice as they have the last week or so. I know I should ignore it until tomorrow & it's my own fault for a sneaky look. I think it must be where I know I'm eating a good number for a loss every week & last week I STS & just don't want it again. Ugh :(

Irrelevent post (that I know I should ignore myself) over.

lisa never ever ignore yourself! its worrying you but you have eaten it now and it wasnt a massive sin fest was it? pasta will be brken down and discarded allot easier than other foods. just get back to your comfort zone hun because there isnt anything you can do.

regarding the pregnancy tummy, unfortunately for a small group of women you are unable to trim down the excess skin without surgery, yes you can lose fat but not skin....so you can make it look better but apronectomys are quite common because some women cannot get rid of it no matter what they lose! My dual hat as a nurse and fitness instructor have taught me that much, but it cannot be an excuse either-some women use it as one to not lose weight if you know what i mean?

my boobs changed from breast feeding, my body changed dramatically from pregnancy and a 3-4 stone gain (and a big baby). i do need to add fat burning into my life but am struggling to hold my head up at times so when i can i will.

pommy that hernia sounds bad!! you were at deaths door wow??

annya welcome back, welcome back. a small gain but if your back on it then thats good!

charl, I am a bit worried about your eating plan, especially if it is normal to re gain? surely that cannot be good for your psychie?? i remember you talking aboyt ketoacidosis previously, does this diet push you to this??? i really dont like it and i am impressed with your determination. i guess i just worry what its doing to you in short and long term hun x

LisaC said:
This post is going to be completely irrelevant. I had a sneaky WI this morning, I won't lie, I've been doing it all week. Anyway Sunday was showing a 1.5 loss & today it's back up to a STS. I had dinner at a friends last night & she was really great & cooked SW cannelloni, it was delish but it meant I was eating pasta & I guess I'm a bit worried it will have a negative effect on tomorrows WI, it was only a small amount but I've totally cut back on the carbs. I don't get bloated or anything & I know it's all still in my system so it's probably nothing to go by. I've been feeling so good the last few weeks but today I feel really blah, my jeans don't fit as nice as they have the last week or so. I know I should ignore it until tomorrow & it's my own fault for a sneaky look. I think it must be where I know I'm eating a good number for a loss every week & last week I STS & just don't want it again. Ugh :(

And this is why I don't eat pasta, it actually makes me feel ill. I put 2 pound on over night last time I had it!!! 2 days and it was gone again. I eat bread....mostly whole meal, crumpets and wraps, and a small amounting potato
But that's it....no rice, noodle or pasta. If I have potatoes I tend to
Have 100g which is a tiny amount but I do t need any more. Drink lots of water today today and hope its gone by tomorrow!

And this is why I don't eat pasta, it actually makes me feel ill. I put 2 pound on over night last time I had it!!! 2 days and it was gone again. I eat bread....mostly whole meal, crumpets and wraps, and a small amounting potato
But that's it....no rice, noodle or pasta. If I have potatoes I tend to
Have 100g which is a tiny amount but I do t need any more. Drink lots of water today today and hope its gone by tomorrow!

To be honest it was a really tiny amount of the canneloni (she did salad with it, in fact I've never seen a SW meal so small!) so it may be that it's just bothering me. It would be 100 times better if I hadn't weighed myself as it's playing on my mind. I've been so good this week & drank so much. Lesson to be learned....again!

lisa never ever ignore yourself! its worrying you but you have eaten it now and it wasnt a massive sin fest was it? pasta will be brken down and discarded allot easier than other foods. just get back to your comfort zone hun because there isnt anything you can do.

No syns at all!! When I logged it on my cal app it all came out fine, it worked out about 1650 for the day which I thought would be good to be honest to trick my metabolism as I've been on about 1250 a day. It may have tricked by tomorrow, time will tell!x

felicity62 said:

regarding the pregnancy tummy, unfortunately for a small group of women you are unable to trim down the excess skin without surgery, yes you can lose fat but not skin....so you can make it look better but apronectomys are quite common because some women cannot get rid of it no matter what they lose! My dual hat as a nurse and fitness instructor have taught me that much, but it cannot be an excuse either-some women use it as one to not lose weight if you know what i mean?

my boobs changed from breast feeding, my body changed dramatically from pregnancy and a 3-4 stone gain (and a big baby). i do need to add fat burning into my life but am struggling to hold my head up at times so when i can i will.

pommy that hernia sounds bad!! you were at deaths door wow??

annya welcome back, welcome back. a small gain but if your back on it then thats good!

charl, I am a bit worried about your eating plan, especially if it is normal to re gain? surely that cannot be good for your psychie?? i remember you talking aboyt ketoacidosis previously, does this diet push you to this??? i really dont like it and i am impressed with your determination. i guess i just worry what its doing to you in short and long term hun x

Yep it's water gain not fat, when you go into ketosis you get rid of a lot of excess water weight, so the regain is just the water returning to normal, it's why you're supposed to do a proper refeed slowly so your body readjusts slightly more everyday to process carbs again. Short term these diets are very good it's when people do them for a long time is when it's bad for you, or do them incorrectly as it messes your metabolism up, NHS recommends anything from 4-12 weeks but no longer, I'm doing 4, which has already put me into overweight not obese range now I'm under that after my 4 weeks I'm going to be doing SW/CC again as I will be at a much more healthy weight. I think it's only bad when people don't really look into it properly or carry it out properly, it's a short term plan, and only supposed to be if your BMI is over 30 at the start, what I've noticed though is a lot of people with already healthy BMI's doing it which they def shouldn't be. Ketosis is quite a healthy way for the body to function though, burning fat instead of carbs actually from what I've read is a good thing. And weirdly it's giving me a lot more energy than I previously had. I think maybe for me it's good as I'm a serial picker and it's making me really realise what I need and what I want are different, which I think long term is good, but we'll see. It's really changing my attitude to food, I used to always think about what I was allowed and how much I could get away with eating without gaining, and picking at stuff as its Superfree so ok. And I don't even miss carbs, so I can see me doing red days a lot after this now, as I've realised now I don't have them I never fell sluggish or bloated after eating now, which I used to get so so badly, I think I finally understand how I should be eating, and that is defo a good thing due to as well as being a picker or anything that's there, I also emotional
eat, whether I'm happy or sad or have an event it's always food based how I deal with it. If this can stop me doing that or realise its just food it's a good thing. And yes food is definitely somethjnf that can be enjoyed but it shouldnt have as much of a focus in my life as it previously had. But yes, I can see why the plan would worry u, but it's a proper vlcd so my body is getting all the vitamins and nutrients it needs, it is also really dangerous when people just make their own up. Sorry god!! What a ranter I am. The energy thing is great though, I used to be really unmotivated to do well anything and now I am waking up actually wanting to get out and walk or cycle with the kids, or swim. It's pretty weird. I think psychologically this might be for me the best diet I've ever done, it's only been 9 days, but honestly I'm really starting to understand my food issues, and where I've been going wrong in the past. I wish i'd done this years ago now. Xx

LisaC said:

Don't worry love! Canneloni probably just gave u a little bloat, you know the calories you've eaten, and your intake exactly, carbs makes us retain water, it's water weight, and will disappear by tomorrow I would have thought. Just drink more water to flush it on through. It's weird that drinking more water makes you get rid of excess water?! But it's true. If you haven't been eating carbs at all lately it'll impact on your body differently now to when you regularly had them, as it's now something different. It's not irrelevant either, the whole point of this is so we can talk to each other and advise where we can. I bet your back to normal tomorrow after a big poo, hehe! Xx

Hah! I was quite miserable last week, but this week I feel absolutely brilliant. Really content and full of energy. I've also been a very bad sleeper for a long time and I've had some amazing sleeps in the last week. It's mainly meal replacement, so either shake/soup/bar or meal replacement small meals, plus 1 protein meal a day, 200g veg and 150mls skimmed milk. Today I'm having 2 boiled eggs, a shake, one of the meal packs (bol) with veg added, then either another shake or bar later, if I work out I have another pack and some extra protein. Xx

Don't worry love! Canneloni probably just gave u a little bloat, you know the calories you've eaten, and your intake exactly, carbs makes us retain water, it's water weight, and will disappear by tomorrow I would have thought. Just drink more water to flush it on through. It's weird that drinking more water makes you get rid of excess water?! But it's true. If you haven't been eating carbs at all lately it'll impact on your body differently now to when you regularly had them, as it's now something different. It's not irrelevant either, the whole point of this is so we can talk to each other and advise where we can. I bet your back to normal tomorrow after a big poo, hehe! Xx

Ha ha ha! Yeah I'm drinking non stop today & I'm desperate for the loo every 30 mins or so, not a great day! I feel very rubbish today & I don't think it can be just down to my sneaky WI, recently I've found I don't take mid-week WI's to heart but today I am so I must have more on my mind than I thought. I'll keep drinking & hoping to do some exercise tonight too. I feel I am starting the see the difference, although I took photos of one month apart (June/July) & there was no difference, so maybe it's in my head I've changed....? Who knows!

Glad to read you're so much better & brighter this week. I did a VLCD diet about 5 years ago, it was my own & in truth the way I did it was stupid, but I lost 1st 5lb & my starting weight then was only 11st. I only did it for 6 weeks but then tables turned & I lost my head & went crazy with food. In a VERY short time I went from 9st 9lb to just over 13st :( I think VLCD's take a good week to get into, & it's more about how you adapt. If you go back to "normal eating" obviously you'll gain it all back & more. Its about finding that balance. And as you've said already you now know when you really are hungry & when you just want food, it's taking that & other things you learn & continuning to apply if when you get to bring in more foods or a higher cal value, so that you can eat more substantial meals without sabotaging all your hard work xx

Back