The really slow loss team!

ooooooo the johnsons diet? just had a quick look...it says on my down day i can only have 390 calories????? how on earth do i do that??

is anyone watching the hairy bikers mission to lose weight programme? that had me in stiches watching it on catch up !!

Latte said:
Well done to the losers.

I thought you were only meant to fast two days a week which is why it is called the 5:2 diet as anymore and it ceases to be beneficial ?

I am doing Monday and Wednesday fasting by having fruit, salad and protein for lunch ie egg, quorn slices, piece of salmon etc and similar for dinner plus a couple of hot drinks with milk so I have less then 600 with drinks but around 500 on food alone .

As I still want to get my five a day and try to eat as well as I can on 500 cals.

Weigh in for me tonight

I e never heard of the 5:2 diet? The guy on horizon only did it 2 days a week cos he couldn't cope with more than 2 down days, of you read the johnsons up day down day diet threads and website this is how alternate day fasting is meant to be done. Alternate days.

felicity62 said:
ooooooo the johnsons diet? just had a quick look...it says on my down day i can only have 390 calories????? how on earth do i do that??

is anyone watching the hairy bikers mission to lose weight programme? that had me in stiches watching it on catch up !!

Cuppa soups. The healthy living ones are only 65 cals. Also salad is VERY low in cals as is sliced ham. I'm trying different foods out in my
Low days, to see what is the most satisfying. I'm not eating until I'm REALLY hungry. I don't mind the down days as they're followed by an up day :)

conlou1 said:
I e never heard of the 5:2 diet? The guy on horizon only did it 2 days a week cos he couldn't cope with more than 2 down days, of you read the johnsons up day down day diet threads and website this is how alternate day fasting is meant to be done. Alternate days.

Yes the 5:2 diet is the one in the horizon programme if you read the articles about it.

Off to google the Johnson diet as not heard of that one. Is there a thread on minimins about it ?

Latte said:
Yes the 5:2 diet is the one in the horizon programme if you read the articles about it.

Off to google the Johnson diet as not heard of that one. Is there a thread on minimins about it ?

Yeah I think the 5:2 diet has just come from the programme as this is how he adapted the alternate day diet to
Suit himself. This johnsons one has been around years. If you look for the threads on it there's posts as far back as 2009. I've been looking at it for weeks but only decided to make the switch when I watched the horizon programme. The guy on horizon only did 2 days fasting a week but still lost a stone in 5 weeks!!! So I'm hoping by alternating I'll lose more especially as I'm in healthy range now and it's getting harder to shift the pounds.

Thanks both.

Hey ladies! I lost 3lbs on my final Slim and Save WI, pretty happy as I didn't cheat really last week, but had some chicken drumsticks at a BBQ on saturday and I think they had a not very friendly marinade on them, so it's my day 1 refeed today :)

Pretty thrilled as I lost 18lbs total in the 3 weeks, plus 1.5 from the friday SW WI to the one I did on the tuesday morning the day after I started, so very very happy, as really its 19.5 in 3.5 weeks. wow.

Going to shred every day until I go on holiday on tuesday now to try and tone up a bit, feeling very very bloated and emotional though, had a pretty big cry this morning, which isn't really like me, so maybe its totm for me, as my skins gone really bad too. All in all, really good experience, and pleased I did it, as I really am sure I've cracked my portions and how much I eat now, and that superfree doesn't mean calorie free!! haha!

Can't believe how many of you are alternate day fasting now! You crazy cats! Good luck, and back to SW/CC for meee (after my refeed anyway!) xxx

wowzers charl, you really deserve a good pat ont he back for your hard work x

i do wonder how many of us actually do slimming world anymore? i think i will stick with it with less carbs/smaller portions. I cant get the pyschology of 321 calories per day!!?? but maybe thats where i am going wrong...

my god 321 cals a day!! I think the lowest I've been in the 3 weeks is 550, and that was yesterday, I think the juddd diet must be quite hard, as the only thing that makes a vlcd easy is when you go into ketosis from the low cals/carbs you aren't hungry any more, but that way you never do that so are really hungry 3/4 days a week. It seems like quite a hard thing to do, so well done to all.

Yep SW red days for me after I get back from thailand, I don't really want to eat carbs much anymore, I feel so much less sluggish than before by not having them.

Although in thailand I'm going to have noodle soup every day! because I can! ha! xxx

Hey ladies! I lost 3lbs on my final Slim and Save WI, pretty happy as I didn't cheat really last week, but had some chicken drumsticks at a BBQ on saturday and I think they had a not very friendly marinade on them, so it's my day 1 refeed today :)

Pretty thrilled as I lost 18lbs total in the 3 weeks, plus 1.5 from the friday SW WI to the one I did on the tuesday morning the day after I started, so very very happy, as really its 19.5 in 3.5 weeks. wow.

Going to shred every day until I go on holiday on tuesday now to try and tone up a bit, feeling very very bloated and emotional though, had a pretty big cry this morning, which isn't really like me, so maybe its totm for me, as my skins gone really bad too. All in all, really good experience, and pleased I did it, as I really am sure I've cracked my portions and how much I eat now, and that superfree doesn't mean calorie free!! haha!

Can't believe how many of you are alternate day fasting now! You crazy cats! Good luck, and back to SW/CC for meee (after my refeed anyway!) xxx

wowzers well bloody done girly!!!! if i cant hit target by november im going to do it to get the last bit off before i have to get into a size 10 to be a bridesmaid lol. im having 500cals on a down day and sup[posed to be 2000 on an up day but i got mixed up yesterday as some ppl are saying dont count cals on an up day others saying you should...ive decided to track mine as ill feel too out of control and end up binging a bit like i did last night, i dont want to get back into that mindset of 'i can eat whatever i want' cos i cant, i actually enjoy the low cal days and its not hard really....im making aubergine bake for my tea tonight and ill have a cuppa soup after my run later. just 6 hours to egt through then ill be going to bed haha. and i cant be startving on it cos i never wake hungry after a down day....just goes to show we really dont need all that food lol

Thanks lou! Yeah if theres one thing the vlcd has taught me is I don't NEED anywhere near as much food as I was consuming, I just wanted it. I hope I can carry this through with me as I still have 1.5 stone to go until target, although that seems soooo much more do-able now than the mountain that was 4 stone when I started, so feeling quite proud of myself. Its weird though, I don't feel any smaller than I did. I mean it must be in my head, but I don't feel any different! xxx

charl_young said:
Thanks lou! Yeah if theres one thing the vlcd has taught me is I don't NEED anywhere near as much food as I was consuming, I just wanted it. I hope I can carry this through with me as I still have 1.5 stone to go until target, although that seems soooo much more do-able now than the mountain that was 4 stone when I started, so feeling quite proud of myself. Its weird though, I don't feel any smaller than I did. I mean it must be in my head, but I don't feel any different! xxx

I have 1.5 roughly to go too. I can picture me getting there I just need to refocus and power on. I've had an amazing day today. 450 cals and loads of exercise including couch to 5k. Tomorrow I'm on an up day but at dentists :( so wont be eating a vast amount til after then. I hate dentist

Hiya All

Can i join you on the slow train?

I've been doing SW 6 weeks and have lost 5lb's and to be honest its doing my head in!!

So thought some support or advice/tips may help ;o( x

LOU!! your new picture is fab, you look absolutely lovely. xx

Back