The really slow loss team!

Flabulous said:
Hi all.

Have been AWOL for ages, sorry, but just had to cut down on my internet activity. Trouble is I did not cut down on eating hence a 5 lb gain since I was last on here.

Back to square one I'm afraid. Lou what a great journey you are having. I am pretty sure you were over 11 when I last posted. Anyway nice to see the old crew still around and good luck to you all. :)

Thanks hun. I'm struggling at the mo due to work and everything else, I'm finding managing my time em to be so difficult so I'm just having a pause, I'm aiming to maintain until I can get to grips with it. I'm under do much pressure I don't want anymore adding to it.

Sorry about the gsin but well done for facing it and getting back on the wagon.

Back from a week away in Snowdonia today and only 1.5lbs on which is nothing short of miraculous when you consider the horrendous steroid dose coupled with the equally horrendous food choices (well it was Al's 65th!) :eek:

Monday morning I will start back with a vengeance and pray I can shift the gain and not continue the upwards spiral that started before I went away :rolleyes:

Good luck to us all - autumn/winter is showing it's face on the horizon and this is where is starts getting REALLY tough - after all, who wants a salad when it is freezing outside :gen125:

Hi all,

I'm here for confessions :( I've been SO bad since I got home. I've had naughty things everyday & some bad days have lasted the entire day!! I had the most relaxing time away, I never actually unwind & destress-this was the first time I really did, but I've come back to lots going on & lots of stressful things & it's almost like I keep thinking " it's too hard right now I'll get back into it tomorrow"... last night I even made bns soup which was delish & filled me up & 2 hours later I was noshing on chocolate that I didn't need then a bowl of cereal! I haven't been like this in a long time. I know all I need is a couple of days of sticking to plan & I'll be back on it. Not sure what's going on with me! :(

Annya, right there with you on the salad front. I have salad for lunch today & my office is freezing!!! All I keep thinking about it a hot slice of pizza.....! Hope you had a lovely time away x

Well done Audfen, hugs to Annya, Lou and Lisa. Come on chicas, you can do this. I know you can.

No WI for me yesterday as I've been to Barcelona for the weekend.
Eaten too much, drunk too much and dreading facing the scales in the morning a couple of days late :(
Methinks a gain for me on the horizon.

Well done Audfen, hugs to Annya, Lou and Lisa. Come on chicas, you can do this. I know you can.

Eaten too much, drunk too much and dreading facing the scales in the morning a couple of days late :(

It'll soon come back off again Bev - and I am sure it was well worth it, as was my gain ;)

Pommette said:

Don't be too hard on yourself hun. You lost more than you aimed for and I'm sure your back on it x

Wow! that's one city I've always wanted to go to, hope you enjoyed yourself :)

Well I weighed in this morning at 11'1.5. That's 1.5lb up from last week & I'm actually ok with that. Everyday I've been good then I've got to the evening & have gone to pot. So I'm glad it's only 1.5 on! I'm back on it & feeling good, hoping to be under 11 next week :)

Barca is somewhere I've always wanted togo too. Hubs has been a few times on business as they had a subsid there.
We had a fantastic, if tiring time. My right knee was really suffering - I badly damaged it at college and then again skiing 3 years ago (you'd think I'd learn !!! :8855:) But swelling gone down today and not so painful.

Mind you, the swelling on my stomach hasn't gone down. :(

But I faced the scales this morning!!!!
I've only put 1½ lbs on since last official WI. But as I'd lost some before I went to Barca I've actually gained 3 lbs whilst I was there.
Blumin' 'eck. Too much booze and too many fantastic tapas! :cry:

That means I'm still just under my OLD target but now I'm heading a bit lower I've got 2.8 kgs (6+lbs) to shift.

So starting today I'm back on it with a vengeance. Soup, fruit and yoghurt at the ready!

Finally I've found the group for me!!! I joined in Sept 2011 and have lost 2 stone 2.5 lbs, which gives me an average of about 1/4 lb a week!!! Currently I'm desperately trying to get to target but it's 2 steps forward, one step back!

And another welcome from me too woowoo.

Where is everyone? It's very quiet on here.

A third welcome from me woowoo. Don't worry - it's taken me since July 2011 to lose just under 24 lbs so you going better than me ;)

I szm on my last 12 lbs and have been gaining and losing the same 4lbs for 2 or 3 months now............. groan :sigh:

Welcome WooWoo! My dads nickname for me has always been Woo :)

Just checking in today, I've stuck to plan & done my 30 day shred, feels so good to get back into it all. It's utterly miserable out so I'm tucked up inside with a cuppa. Hope you're all ok!

Dark and miserable here too! The sun has gone away :(
Plus we had a dust storm last night - everything was covered in red dust this morning.

Well done for getting back on track Lisa - always blumin' hard a holiday.
I was only in Barca for 3 days but the constant grazing on tapas made me absolutely ravenous all the time on tuesday and wednesday. But I got back on track and had 2 good days. Not so good today mind as we've been out for a lovely lunch with friends. I know I'll suffer for it tomorrow as I had loads of bread and ali-oli :cry:

Last edited:
An unexpected 1.2lbs off for me this week, but I did gain over 2lbs on holiday last week so it is one step foward/two steps backwards
:rolleyes:
Nevertheless, with the odds well stacked against me as they are right now, I am more than pleased with that. First mini goal is to get back down to 163lbs, which is the lowest I have been since I started my journey and set another mini goal then. Over the next 6 months, until the steroids come back down, mini successes are absolutely the best I can hope for! The biggest battle is to resist stuffing my face when I work hard week in week out and lose nowt :sigh: which is why I was so delighted with a decent loss (well, for me!) this week.

I went off the rails again :( I genuinely don't know what's wrong with me now, I've enver been this bad after a holiday. I have lots of nice things coming up which means I won't be able to stick to plan at the time so I know I need to be good before then, even that hasn't helped. I went swimming Saturday night, I don't enjoy swimming but I set myself a challenge & swan 32 lengths in 33 minutes, I was chuffed but even after that I ate bad! I'm determined to stick to it 100% form today, if not the weight will creep back on & I'll only have myself to blame. I haven't been logging on here as much so think I need to come on more to keep motivated. Planning on trying aquafit tomorrow night which I'm looking forward to so want to be good or it'll be a waste!

Back