The really slow loss team!

Oh my god! That sounds amazing love, super jealous!

Ah sorry! I thought you'd been a bit naughtier than that.

I just made some cauliflower cheese soup from the little book of soups, it was absolutely lush! I used reduced fat mature cheddar tho instead of cheese squares as they are vile and the whole recipe took my hexA, and was yum! Just the right amount of cheesy!

Very happy back on plan xx

It's my boss & his wife, who are good friends of mine, taking me & a friend (The Langham, London). Its super posh & very expensive, he's so kind to us. I feel I won't fit in...haha!

Ah lovely, thats so nice of them! Have a blast. xx

Lou - well done on the loss chica. You know how to do SW and how to plan.
If you're working then plan the meal BEFORE so you don't stray off plan. You can do this chica - just get your head down and do it.

Re - no fun drinking. I've been the driver when we go out for almost 2 years now.
It helps me stick to plan and as I really wanted to lose this weight that was my way of doing it.
I'm not saying I don't drink - you all know I love the odd glass (or 3) of vino or several v&dc - but I just stick to drinking at home.
A night out without alcohol doesn't mean you have to be a boring old fart! You just need to change your mind-set and enjoy the evening for what it is.
But you also need to TELL your friends why you aren't drinking and get them to lay off and not keep trying to persuade you to have a drink if you don't want one.

Eating out doesn't always have to be a recipe for disaster either - you can make healthy choices.
You can have a great meal that is still on plan and enjoy it.
But again, it's mindset and you have to be serious about wanting to stick to plan and losing the weight.

I know it's hard - tell me about it as I've had times when I could have thrown the towel in and given up.
But I really wanted to lose the weight so I stuck to it.
No I haven't been an angel - and yes I've had days when I've rebelled and gone totally astray when out for a meal.
But it's been a conscious decision - not just being weak willed - knowing that next day I would be back on it 110%.

Come on chica, you can do this.

PS Lou - get on that naughty step and buy a drink for the rest of us who can have a drink :8855:

Charl - if you've got new scales have you calibrated them against a set that you know are telling you your correct weight?
My scales were 6 lbs out when I bought them!
Go and weigh in somewhere like Boots who need to have their scales checked regularly and then claibrate your own to match.

Ooo how the heck do I recalibrate digital scales?! They are the salter body analyser ones. To be fair depending on where I put them in the house they are showing about a stone differences?! Actually more, everything from 12st3 to 13st13!!! Ridiculous really, I guess it's to do with the level floor though. I'll go check tomorrow was going up go for a little swim when I got up xx

Ooo how the heck do I recalibrate digital scales?! They are the salter body analyser ones. To be fair depending on where I put them in the house they are showing about a stone differences?! Actually more, everything from 12st3 to 13st13!!! Ridiculous really, I guess it's to do with the level floor though. I'll go check tomorrow was going up go for a little swim when I got up xx

I have digital scales that measure body fat too Charl. I can get a 5+lb difference depending upon where I put them in just the bathroom and more on solid/carpeted floors! I used DH's spirit level, measured the floor, and the marked the spot where it's dead level. Did the same when they went next door to Angie (the only way to stop me from scale hopping and neutroticising over every gram!) and asked her not to move them.

To make sure the were accurate, I weighed at the doctor on their calibrated scales then found a spot where my scales gave the same weight - then I knew they were spot on.

TBH I don't use the BF mode now as it can be massively affected by water consumption, recent exercise, when you measure and many other things. I got an old fashioned pair of callipers like they use in hopsitals from eBay for £3 complete with guide to how to use them - much more accurate!

thanks hun, what i needed to hear :) last 2 days ive allowed myself a bit of a treat, we had a halloween party yesterday and i made a syn free curry full of superfree, but then ended up eating some of the kids stuff too, tbh im not mad with myself because i made the decision to do it and i saved half the curry for today, and am having a very low syn day, its not the being at work anymore that gets me, as i just dont eat or ill have some lamb and salad whgich is free, its actually when im off work it seems to be gettin me, its like im going into holiday mode and thinking i DESERVE to eat those things as ive worked so hard, very silly really, i shouldnt be viewing being on sw as a punishment, i just need to reassess my mind set again i think, im getting into the oh woe is me i cant eat 5 cakes and 3 donner kebabs a week mode. stupid brain. ive had 2 bad days, i dont dseserve a loss this week but im not using it as an excuse to give in i just need to try harder the rest of the week. im out with friends on saturday night and im going to try not to have loads to drink, but i find it really hard to limit myself when im out. i have a couple then start having a good time then just get carried away. but last night i had 2 glasses of wine, i wanted more but i didnt have more and today im glad i didnt. i never regret stopping drinking before im drunk but i always regret having too much to drink...says it all really eh?

charl..i have no idea about your scales...mine always read different wherever i put them and it drove me nuts, in the end i got weighed at boots then came home and found a spot in the house where i weighed the same on the scales and just never moved them, not even an inch...they still read different to sw ones though. but then i get weiged at home in the morning naked, i get weighed at sw on a night in my clothes lol. maybe do what i did and weigh in at boots then find a spot in your house where you weigh the same and just leave them there?

Have a look at this page How to Adjust a Salter 9005 Bathroom Scale | eHow.com
There are lots of Salter bathroom scales - I have some and they came with a very simple instruction manual of how to calibrate them.
They only weigh accurately on a solid floor. You'll get false readings on carpet!

Thanks ladies! To be honest I don't really mind if they show a little heavier, I guess as long as I'm working on what the same scales say all the time, its not tooooo bad, and they can only be a couple of lbs out at the most. I shall indeed go check tomorrow though just to be sure. xx

I had my curry fir dinner and tea, then had some fruit and crisps after work and 4 mini chocolate vampires lol, used up 14 syns butni didn't have my b choices and only 1 a and I'm on a red day :/ need to stop eating junk. Pay day tomorrow meaning I can sit and do a Sw friendly shop at last!! I'm going to try plan my meals too so that I do t stray. Looking for inspiration for teas ladies. Something quick but filling and to feed a picky husband and 3 kids :D

My WI day today and the 13st9 that showed on Monday has dropped to 13st4 again, so I'm back where I was from my last good loss which means I'm kinda bouncing round the same few lbs, going to really stick to plan the next 7 days and try and get into the 12's again. Already had breakkie so not going to check my scales are right they are about right I think as this seems to be the weight I'm sticking at and I'm maintaining it with going on and off plan. So focused week to get passed this! Woo! I'm happy as I'd be pretty upset to be anything over 13st4 xx

Don't know how I managed it but I lost 2.4lbs this week. I think my 1lb "gain" last week may have been bloat from too many crumpets TBH, but I am nevertheless chuffed!

Yay! That's great love :)

Have a lovely time in London Lisa xx

Brillian Annya - get on thet naughty step and do some lines :8855:

OK, purse at the ready - what's everyone having...........

Back