The Red Veggie

I had that at first when I started green - but yes it does work.

I think it depend as I did green for 4 months and lost about 1lb in that time. I think it was the carbs. Either I don't metabolise them very efficiently or I was simply eating too much. Either way by doing red my carbs are restricted and although I'm only on week 3 I have had more loss than 4 months on green.

The other issue is that I'm not far from goal which always makes it harder

Just read your whole diary - lots of inspiration for me! I'm a veggie giving red days a tentative go (I do fine on green, just fancy a bit of a boost this week) and I've lots of new ideas now so thank you!

Well. Feeling a little under the weather after last night..

Breakfast.

Cheese, onion and red pepper omelette. 2 x HEA

Lunch

Moroccan soya stew with aubergine and plum (I chopped the plum and added it after serving so haven't synned)

Meringue with WW strawberry tart dessert yoghurt and strawberries. 2.5 syns

Dinner

New pots 198g with meatballs and broccoli in a home made BBQ sauce 1 x HEB

Meringue with vanilla quark and berries. 2.5 syns

SnaX

Plums, bananas

OAty bar 1 x HEB

I've seen people have meringue in their posts so I thought I'd give it a try and I think I'm addicted...

Total 5 syns - trying to keep it down to make up yesterday..

Feeling a little better as I've just started so that was the reason for the weight gain. Hurrah! Let's see what next week brings.

Breakfast

Huge fry up 3 x LM red onion saus, fried egg, beans (143g) HEB, mushrooms, tomatoes and brown sauce 1 syn

Lunch

Yesterday's soya stew - broccoli and boiled new potatoes (100g) HEB

Meringue with toffee apple yoghurt 2.5 syns

Dinner

Melon, grapes, peaches and cheese 2 x HEA

OAty Bar 5 syns

Curly Wurly 6 syns

SnaX

Banana, grapes, peach

Total 14.5 syns.

I forgot I had the OAty bar when I had my curly Wurly - still - within range.

I had a late lunch hence the light tea. I just did not fancy salad but did enjoy the fruit and cheese. I have boiled 2 x HEB pasta for my dinner tomorrow and. Seems quite a substantial amount. I did check 2 x 35g dry weight.

Hen said:
Any gain is always a disappointment when you've worked so hard ?

Have you struggled on red do far? Did day one yesterday and actually found it ok. Feel a little more healthy actually than we I was carb loading. Would be interested to see though what happens if I try eating out?!

Hmmm - cheese salad? Lol. Might be better to do green out - that's what I found last week. I did order the cheese and onion omelette with salad but the waitress was rubbish and it came with chips! So I ate them....

It's difficult when so much stuff is cheesy and/or pasta based. Egg salad, cheese salad, omelette and salad. Salad and salad? Lol.

Even with syns it's hard - could do baked Potato for HEB - as long as it isn't v big. Or tomato based pasta sauce - again a HEB - probably 2.

How am I finding red? Hard at the beginning but easier now I'm being a little more open minded about HEB. I've incorporated baked beans and a little pasta or potatoes back in my diet. I used to use my HEB on nothing but bread and Alpen lights!

Like you I feel better from the carb reduction and now I'm getting used to the portion sizes of these - so much so it's becoming preferable to have veggies over carbs!

Or perhaps I'm losing the plot?

Lol.

Hi there
Just had a quick read through of your thread and it was really interesting. I have a few questions for you that may or may not help.

Have you considered doing Extra Easy? I started with this and had consistent losses, so never tried red or green days. You may get the best of both worlds with this. I read that you considered Success Express, EE isn't too far from that . . .

Also, do you drink plenty of water? This helps loads.

Finally, you said you don't do the E word . . . is there some way you could incorporate a little more E in your life?

I shall go away quietly now. Good luck :)

slimmersally said:
Hi there
Just had a quick read through of your thread and it was really interesting. I have a few questions for you that may or may not help.

Have you considered doing Extra Easy? I started with this and had consistent losses, so never tried red or green days. You may get the best of both worlds with this. I read that you considered Success Express, EE isn't too far from that . . .

Also, do you drink plenty of water? This helps loads.

Finally, you said you don't do the E word . . . is there some way you could incorporate a little more E in your life?

I shall go away quietly now. Good luck :)

Hi Sally - thanx 4 dropping by.

Extra easy - no I've not considered that. I am doing this from home so always assumed that ee was the one the consultant pt you on to start with to ease you in slowly. And I know I've needed something a little more hard core. Perhaps I'm wrong about this so I will go and look. I do know that on ee there is only on HEA and one HEB.

Water- well, my job involves spending most of the day in my car and already I seem to need to wee every 5 mns! Although I am going to start a new job soon so hopefully that would be better. As for E - yes you are right. At the moment I'm not in the 'right place' to consider it. It is an excuse and I know it.

You are doing well with your committment; have you tried alternating days R and G (or even EE) within a week? I'm sure I read somewhere that swapping plans can kick-start things if you reach a plateau. I have only really done EE since the start because I felt sure I would get mixed up and eat something that I thought was free but wasnt depending on the day. Also, I'm not a meat fan really, so on a day when I'm just not choosing meat, I get another HEXB (I dont usually choose another A although I think I could??).

Hen - well done on week two!

Fizzybee - thnx for that - I am worried about mixing it cos I'm scared of the carbs! 4 months on green and losing nothing has worried me..

But I will give it a thought. I have only 7 weeks left until my hols so want to keep it serious.

Today has been really, really horrible so had a bad food day.

During the day...

2 x HEA - 6 x mini babybel light

Banana, orange, peach, apple

1 WW dessert yoghurt

4 x raw carrots

3 boiled eggs

Dinner

2 tablespoons pasta salad with red pepper and quorn strips

Felt nauseous most of the day - work stress related. Tomorrow will be horrible as well but hopefully it will be the end of it.

Another bad day at - worse than yesterday but was to be expected. Hoping things will improve from here.

It didn't help that I made flap jack for an event tomorrow night...

Breakfast

Quorn sausage and mushroom omelette 1 syn

Lunch

Banana, apple, orange

Dinner

Pasta HEB x. 2 with cheese HEA x 2 and red pepper

Dessert

Meringue with WW cream and berries NOM NOM NOM 5 syns

SnaX

Carrot

Flap jack - probably at least 5 syns worth

Total 11 syns

Struggled with lunch because of the work situation. Felt a little better by tea time. Not done too well with superfree today. Should have had spinach with my pasta.

Generally fed up.

Hen said:
Sorry to hear your fed up - guessing its more work related that food. You seem to be sticking to it despite the stress.

H x

Thank you. I learnt a couple of years ago that binging does not relieve stress but adds to it. Now I've gone the other way and can't eat when stressed!

And to top it all of tomorrow I have an interview.

Breakfast

None - yes I know! I felt nauseous again

Lunch

3 x babybel (HEA x 1)

2 x boiled egg.

Banana.

Dinner.

Potato (HEB X 2) quorn sausage 1syn spinach in a minted yoghurt dressing

SnaX

Pineapple

Babybel (HEA x1)

Apple

Total syns 1

Wow, tomorrow must be interview day! ;) Good luck and hope you're feeling better/less stressed soon :)

Didn't get the job but no huge problem as I don't think it would
D have made me happy although the money was very very good...

And I do have a new one to go to anyway so whichever way I will be leaving my crappy job in about two weeks.

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

Feta HEA X 2 cucumber, tomato and spring onion.

Dinner

Stir fry quorn and veggies with Thai red curry paste and coconu flavoured yoghurt.

Then....

Eton Mess.

Meringue mixed with options white CHoc quark plus WW thick cream, strawberries and blueberries nommy nom nom

Total 8.5 syns. Nommy

I am getting used to not having carbs now. I would have rice or noodles normally with my Thai red curry but I didn't miss them tonight.

Also not had HEB today.

My appetite is coming back after the stress of this week so I think that's a good thing. Plus I have saved enough syns for pink wine tomorrow - whoop whoop!

Babysitting so pink wine postponed until tomorrow.

Breakfast

Cottage cheese and chive omelette

Melon

Lunch

Cauliflower cheese made with low low 2 x HEA

Yoghurt blueberries

Dinner

Red onion and rosemary Sausage and potato in tomato BBQ sauce. 2 x HEB

Meringue, WW dessert raspberry tart yoghurt, vanilla quark 2.5 syns

SnaX

Banana apple

Hen said:
Pleased to hear you are feeling better and that you're moving jobs anyway.

I'm amazed you did four months with no weight loss, I'd be soooo disappointed. Well done for sticking although it would seem that all green doesn't work.

Hope you enjoy the wine tomorrow ?

I was but kept going cos I was enjoying it so much! At least I can consider green as a maintenance plan which I useful.

Misy re pink wine - you are sooo right! I will prob flexi syn it at 30 syns although it would probably be covered by the syns I haven't had all week - and the missed meals. I think I will do a green day today - as a treat! And it will prob stop me from binging which alcohol can give me a tendency to do....

Back