The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Fantastic - just think if you can do well now, how brilliant are you gonna be when it's not PMT with a cold time!

Tricky day yesterday - funeral to attend. Excellent all morning, no nibbling, still sticking with 1 biscuit with my morning tea, that is a 'habit' now.:D
Then to funeral, very sad, not desperately close but I think i'd get upset at a total strangers.:cry:
Onto hotel for wake; 1 glass red wine (quite honestly I was frozen to the bone and needed something) 2 x tiny sandwiches and 1 mini eclair. Not too bad, considering the sheer amount of yummy buffet food available.:cool:
Got home feeling a bit out of sorts. OH said lets go out for dinner and get our minds off the sad stuff. Half of me wanted to say no because of plan and the other half really wanted to go out - guess which half won? Yes, the going out one. :rolleyes:
We went to a lovely new boutique hotel on the seafront and had a wonderful meal. However, I left the bread roll, chose 'lighter' stuff and shared the pud with OH which meant I had well under half! So not a disaster at all. It may effect weight loss this week but so long as I drop a lb I promise to be happy. :)
So intend to have a very good day today; aiming at keeping the cals as low as possible as I intend to have one very low cal day a week and the day before weigh-in seems the best choice of day!:cool:

Well, if you need a challenging situation I would say a funeral is probably the most challenging one you can think of. You coped really well!

Thanks Dom, it was a tough day.:(

Weird thing is so is today. I feel tired, lethargic, lazy, bit weepy and generally all over the place. :(:(

I have not managed a really strict day and I am annoyed with myself about that. i have even had those thoughts coast through my mind like ' oh what's the point, sod it, forget it, give up'.:eek: But, big but ( yeah butt!) I don't want to. I hate how I feel at the moment and I know that even the next 5lbs will make a difference. :pSo I refuse to give up. I am worried about my health too. We were walking Ozzie this afternoon in the howling wind on the seafront and it was a real struggle, to the extent that my chest ached. :cry:

So, I am entitled to a day when I don't feel as enthusiastic as I would like. I am human not blinking superwoman. :rolleyes:

I have had about 800cals so far today, so hardly a disaster. My 'maintaining' number of cals needed is 2143, so as long as I do not have more than 1343 I'm doing fine.:cool: Of course what I intend to do is have about 500-700 at most, that will then be a not great day rescued and turned into a good one!:D

Funerals are definitely emotionally draining and a real challenge as they 'distract' you on so many levels. After all the recent ones I've been to, I would like to hope there are no more on the horizon - but of course, there is the prospect of one waiting in the wings :cry:

I think you did marvellously well considering and you're still keeping a firm but balanced hold of the reins - bravo!

Thanks Debbie _ you are so lovely and understanding. I've done OK, had some stirfried veggies and 4 baked prawns ( 65 each = 260) so I guess 350 at most plus some vino, say 4x 120 = 460. So 810, plus the 800 so far = 1610 or thereabouts. Not too bad!

Doing well Barb!!

I'm going to 'Tsk' you on the vino though ... (because I'm a miserable old moo) but I couldn't help notice the cals for your wine were more than the cals for your food - and you need to get as much nutrition from your food as you can when you're cutting back on cals.

Just an observation - please don't think I'm criticising; you're a grown up after all :)

I think calling me a grown up is stretching it - but OK, valid point. I am a wicked little minx with my vino and I know I need to cut down. I suppose it is an appalling sign that given the choice I would often rather drink than eat!

Cripes, I sound like a right alchy!

well, you could cut down on the wine cals ... or increase the food cals to match lol

Hmmm, increase the food you say!!! No, naughty RD, I must be good and cut down the vino cals, thats the way forward. i have been pretty good lately actually, just slipped a little the last couple of days.

Ok, 1st weigh in for 2008 and ......... 3.4lbs off!!!

Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Barb

Well done on your loss. When I did calorie counting I swapped wine for champagne. I just saved up my wine money and brought whatever was on offer. It is 90 cals per glass rather than 120-160 for wine and it feels like a fantastic treat!

That is my kind of advice! Thanks Amanda!

Wow - Barb, that's a FANTASTIC first weigh in!! What a way to start off the New Year; you rock!! :D

3.4 lbs?!! That's brilliant! Well done!

1 lb off for me, but I don't think it's a 'true' weight seeing as I am poorly AND it's TOTM (my body does like a joke!). Currently managing to keep a cup of tea down, so fingers crossed!

Well done Dom, a pound is a pound, especially with all that your bod has to put up with at the moment!

I am pleased with my result and hope to do well this week, really a lb or 2 would be great. Suffering on the mood front though, which is an ongoing prob for me lately. I just feel down, overwhelmed and very negative about myself. I've got some good jobs done this morning round the house and that has helped but did sucumb to a toasted teacake. I immediately feel fatter than ever, so you can tell logical thought has left town!

Anyway, I know it's a hormone thing and I will feel better in a day or two, I hope so anyway!

Isn't it strange how that happens ... if I'm 'good' for a whole day then I instantly feel thinner - if I stray from the path, even a tiny bit, then I feel fatter (even though I know I CAN'T be). Strange ....

The hormone monster is here too. I'm feeling terribly negative today, and this is because last night OH went out to see friends (I know he probably needed some space, what with me being at home the whole time looking minging and being miserable and being sick!), but I'd really missed him the whole day and was really disappointed he wasn't going to be here when I was feeling a bit better. So, seeing as I could eat again, I had 2 huge portions of dinner, and then when he had gone out, 5 chocolate orange segments and a packet of chocolate buttons! Thing is, I knew exactly what I was doing and why the whole time I was doing it. Of course, I also had that little voice in my head saying 'it doesn't matter anyway, you only lost one piddling pound this week'. I now feel like getting to my goal weight is an insurmountable task. Which I know is ridiculous.

Funnily enough, right now I don't feel like eating anything, and have had an apple and a coffee, thankfully I'm feeling much better and will be going back to work tomorrow.

I knew I'd be having a visit from the negativity fairy due to TOTM, but it doesn't make it any easier knowing it!!!

Well Dom, at least hearing that from you and RD has made ME feel better. It's a lonely old business this negative stuff. If we put the energy into being positive that we do into beating ourselves up we would be absolutely laughing. But we don't. We're women. We're supposed to suffer and feel guilty, least that is how it seems.

Put last night behind you Dom; if there is one thing I have learnt over the years it is that it is not what you do on occasion that makes a difference. It's what you do MOST of the time that does.

So try to feel more positive, you are sure to lose a little each week and a little each week WILL add up to a lot over time. I'm saying this to remind myself too. I'm great at advice for others (I think) but rubbish at taking it myself!

Well Dom, at least hearing that from you and RD has made ME feel better. It's a lonely old business this negative stuff. If we put the energy into being positive that we do into beating ourselves up we would be absolutely laughing. But we don't. We're women. We're supposed to suffer and feel guilty, least that is how it seems.

Put last night behind you Dom; if there is one thing I have learnt over the years it is that it is not what you do on occasion that makes a difference. It's what you do MOST of the time that does.

So try to feel more positive, you are sure to lose a little each week and a little each week WILL add up to a lot over time. I'm saying this to remind myself too. I'm great at advice for others (I think) but rubbish at taking it myself!

I'm trying to! Blinking hormones are not helping at the moment. Reading what you have written on the other thread, that's me! It's not the menopause for me, it's Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and at the moment my symptoms are much much worse because I've gained weight. Well, weight isn't the problem, fat is. Your body hangs onto certain hormones in fat, so if you have lots of fat, your PCOS symptoms get worse. When i'm at around 12 stone or less, the sh1tty times happen much less frequently, and much less severely. Another reason to kick myself up the ar$e and get these pounds off, I know!

Another thing that has really helped me with my moods has been yoga, it has really helped to lift my mood. Unfortunately, I haven't been making time to do it, so am now at the 'it's going to be really hard to go back to, so i don't want to do it' stage!

And yes, you ARE great at advice! And like me, are less good at taking it. But that's called being a woman!

Back