The road to target!

Just had the chip-shop style curry sauce from the 'Saucy secrets' cookbook on some noodles. Was a very nice lunch :) I would recommend!
Still looking for inspiration for dinner!

Hope you're all having a great weekend x

Well unfortunately I wasn't a massive fan of the soup, I just don't like soup but thought I could force some down me as it was giving such good results. Ah well! At least I know now.
Howeverrr....
I did experiment by making little dumplings out of smash (just by adding very little water to make it into a dough) and popping them into the soup for the last 5 minutes and they were really nice so will use that in other recipes. Maybe mince and dumplings :D

Having extra-lean mince burgers and SW chips tonight yum yum! x

Hi all!
Hope you're all well.
Weigh in yesterday, lost 3lbs! Dead pleased. I am now half a pound off my 1 and a half stone award and 4 and a half pounds off my Club 10 target! Woo!
Hoping for 1 1/2 stone next week (think aiming for my Club 10 next week might be a little too adventurous!)
Having a treat tonight, making a meal with my housemate which contains streaky bacon and cream (haven't dared look up the syns for cream yet- will do that soon!) but I have been doing a lot of exercise to try and counteract my treats! And I do stick to the plan for the rest of the week (trying to convince myself here! haha)

Hope you're all doing fab!

Lucy xxx

Yay! Well don on your loss! It's amazing how motivated a good result makes you feel, isn't it?! I'm going to miss Monday's weigh in, and although I'll be having fun, I'm gutted! Hopefully, though, I'll have a really nice loss the week after.
Yay for losses! Xx

Wooo! Gotta love those losses hehe.
Aww hope you have a fab time on Monday and a great result next week.
Just think it'll be two weeks worth of good work! Woop!

Just looked up cream and 1 tbsp of single cream is 1.5 syns so not too bad at all! :D Looks like I can enjoy my meal tonight without too much guilt!

xxx

Ok...Just worked out the syns for my meal and it was roughly 35 (overestimating). I feel like a right pig!
Waited about an hour after eating and did 20 mins of my exercise DVD to try and make myself feel better....as an afterthought should have waited a little longer than an hour as nearly did a vom. Narrowly avoided it!
Does anyone have any idea how much exercise I would need to do to counteract this 34syn blow out?? haha
*slaps wrists* Going to be good all week! Promise!

ps; the meal was gooooooood! haha

Well done on your WI. Really good loss.

And thanks for the recipe for doing home made crisps. i tried once about 6 months ago doing them in the oven and it was a massive fail. Didn't think to try the microwave

Well done Lucy. You are doing brilliantly. I am so pleased for you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 34 syns. You knew it was going to be a bit high in syns. You have 2 options now - either just accept that it's a bit higher than you would want and move on as usual for the rest of the week (which on the whole is what I do) or try and make up those syns over the next few days. I would recommend only doing that if you feel that you can stick the plan without feeling too deprived on the lower syns (however if you can manage that, do it). I find that sometimes when I try to keep my syns very low to compensate I feel much more likely to go off plan. So if I feel like that, I just use my syns anyway. So take your pick !

Fingers crossed for this week.

Gail x

Thanks for the great advice Gail :) I usually have pretty low-syn days when I'm on plan so think I will do that. Just make my meals syn-free then use any I have for small snacks (packet of snack a jacks here and there)
Hopefully won't show too badly on the scales this week!
Hope you're well xxxx

In which case, do the low syn thing (but don't do 'no syns' - it's just not worth it !). And if you're doing it that way, then don't feel at all guilty about what you did. It will be 'on plan' eating (because your total syns count for the week should be fine) so look back with fond memories and look forward to some more good results.

Gail x

(It takes a while to be able to eat stuff like that without the guilt that we've been programmed into but I think it's really important because it makes food fun and the plan sustainable :))

Definately :D Thanks so much Gail! You are a fountain of SW knowledge and advice!

Hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

Oh my gosh. What a scary thought...........!!!! I will always try to help though. I have been around long enough now (although it really doesn't feel like that - where have the last 7 months gone :eek::D)

Thanks though for the lovely comment.

Gail x

Well today is a new day. 2 big oranges for breakfast and it's going to be a good one :D
Carbonara for dinner and Stir fry for tea, thats what on the agenda.
And lots of salsa dancing around my front room :)

Have a loooovely weekend! xxx

Just had a horrible thought. The thought that I can never have nachos with dips again. I know I can have them but maaaan they are SO high in syns! :'( and they are one of my favs.
Oh well! xxx

"nearly did a vom"... That cracked me up! Hope you don't feel too guilty, and good on you with the exercise and the positivity. Yay! Xx

Tea time has been and gone. Had a chicken and tomato sandwich in a wholemeal roll. A light babybell and a tangerine. Very nice :) x

My idea for my lunch today came to me in a dream....seriously haha.
I'm going to take the syns off two 1-syn sausages and add chilli flakes, salt pepper and a bit of chilli powder then re-form then into sausage shapes. Fry them in frylight. Then fry some red peppers, onions and mushrooms and add the spicy sausage. When it's done I will melt some cheese on the top.
I think it was because I was watching a program called Diners, Drive ins and Dives last night and they made a sausage and pepper sandwich.
Hahaha...so lets see how it goes! x

Back