The road to target!

Thanks hunny- hope so!!
Hows your week been? xxx

Pretty good so far! And I'm not in the office Thursday and Friday, as I'm off to visit my brother. Yay! Although I think I'll be on the phone a lot. Lost 1.5lb last night, so getting close to the 2 stone mark! How about you? X

Aww well done! You're doing fab!
I have another 6lbs to go till 2.5 stone so just chipping away at it till then. I go away to America on the 4th of July, would like another 2 stone off by then but that might be a little too ambitious so another stone will be fine xxx

I think that having a goal is a great thing. I agree that it would be an amazing achievement and a very big challenge. But as long as you don't feel disappointed if you don't quite get there and just pleased for what you have managed, I would say go for it !

Gail x

Yeah :) Well like I say, another 1 stone would do! At least that would be 3 before I'm away :) We shall see what happens.
Feel like i've had a bit of a better day today, had a good breakfast, a big salad for lunch and gonna have a decent tea. Walked to town and carried back my heavy shopping too (bit of body magic ;) haha)
Will have to see what the scales say tomorrowww!
xxxxx

Diet coke chicken and rice tonight. mmmmm i love it!!
If you havent tried this I'd really recommend it, especially if you enjoy BBQ-y, sticky things. You'd never guess it was diet coke! (You can find it on the recipe thread :) ) x

lucyolivia said:
Diet coke chicken and rice tonight. mmmmm i love it!!
If you havent tried this I'd really recommend it, especially if you enjoy BBQ-y, sticky things. You'd never guess it was diet coke! (You can find it on the recipe thread :) ) x

This is one I haven't yet tried. Will probably have a go on Sunday! X

Yum yum. It's on my 'to try next' list of 4 things. I think I'll really like it but I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to get it to reduce very well because I'm not a great cook !! Any tips ? Does it reheat ok ? Freeze ??? Do you make 4 portions with 1 can of coke and would there be too much sauce if I just used 2 chicken breasts ?

Sorry for all the questions !

Gail x

Hehe thats alright :)
I only ever cook for myself so the amount in the recipe makes me two meals, I usually have half when I have made it, then put the rest in the fridge for a couple of days after. Not sure about freezing, I imagine it would be ok to freeze but I haven't tried it yet.
Don't worry about the cooking part of it, because if I can do it- anyone can! haha. You just fry the chicken and onions till they're brown, then add all the other ingrediants, stir and just leave it on a low heat for about 30 mins. Maybe a bit longer if its not reduced enough. Really easy to do (hence why I like it so much haha)
For reheating I just pop it in the microwave :)
I have tried this using both Diet coke and Pepsi Max and I found that Pepsi max made a better sauce so I would recommend that.
It's also nice with mushrooms/peppers/sweetcorn added in :)

Enjoyyy! xxx

Afternoon everyone!
Good start so far to my slimming world week!
Been having pink grapefruit for breakfast (bit addicted to it at the moment!)
Yesterday had a big salad for lunch and creamy mushroom pasta (made with philly light) for tea.
Having a chicken sandwich for dinner today and I'm still debating over tea hmmm... considering making pasta and meatballs. mmmm
I really should make a weeks meal plan. Will do it when I finish work I think.

Hows everyones weekend going?
x

Today has been a good day :)
Had half a grapefruit for breakfast, a chicken and cucumber sandwich with french fries for dins (HeB and 4.5 syns for crisps) and for tea meatballs and spaghetti (2 syns for sausage meatballs and HeA for cheese on top)
Will probably have some strawberries and tangerines later if I get peckish.
Haven't done any exercise this week- feel a bit guilty. Wish I wasn't so bloody lazy haha!
xxx

Having sunday lunch with my friends today so will try and keep it low-syn. Had my half of grapefruit for breakfast. Going to have chicken, mashed pots (no butter/milk for me!), 1 pud (1 syn), carrots, broccoli, bit of gravy and stuffing (which I will syn) but they will be my only syns for the day so shouldn't do so badly. Going to have some pasta and salad for tea if I'm really hungry, just a salad if I'm still full from my dinner (likely!)
Have a fab day everyone xxx

Hi lucy,

Well done on a good weekend. I would think about using a few more syns. They are what make life bearable for me and a few more won't make much difference to your losses. Then you can cut back in the longer term if you really need to.

Glad you're doing so well.

Gail x

Woohoo! Another loss! Well done you :) xx

Thanks to you both :D
I've taken your advice Gail, hadn't used many syns today so treat myself to a couple of squares of chocolate and I still have syns to spare so might have some snack a jacks later if I'm hungry :) Thats what syns are for ey!
xxx

Hi everyone :)
Had a bit of a dodgy end to my week haha it was me and my boyfriends anniversary so we went out to Durham for the day so that turned into quite a bit of a 'treat' day for me! Had lunch out at Chiquitos (mexican restaurant) and then had take away for tea. I know it was naughty but I don't plan on doing it all the time its just once in a blue moon. I was good for the rest of the week so shall see what my scales say come tonight!
xxxx

Half a pound off! Eeeee!
Gonna have to be really good this week so that cheeky pig-out day doesn't catch up with me!
I attempted to do some body magic on the way home by walking home from SW instead of getting the bus but my friend passed by and insisted on giving me a lift home haha. Well I tried!!

xxx

Woohoo! Excellent news, well done! xx

Thanks hun :)
Made a meal plan for this week so hopefully I'll stick to it and get a decent loss next thursday! :D
Hope everyone's had a good week xxx

Back