The Road To Vegas

Funky_Munky

Put the kettle on
I have had a diary on here before, but i was rubbish at keeping up to date with it all. Ive come to realise this weekend that for all ive been 'trying' to lose weight i havent been giving it 100% my all and have been expecting to lose with days off plan. So as of yesterday ive been 100% and will be until our holiday to vegas. Ive worked out its 19 weeks till then so i can reach 10st by then if i focus and more if i really work hard. Im planning on doing my zumba game five times a week as well. I managed four days this week (im only on 20 mins beginner just now tho!). So onwards and downwards.

Ive been to morrisons this afternoon and stocked up on plenty of sw friendly goodies. I do prefer green days just cos theyre easier but im planning on doing some more red as i do feel like i lose more on them. Im also thinking more about eating only when in hungry. I was out all day yesterday and didnt have my tea until 9pm but i was amased id gone so long without being hungry. This has got me wondering if somtimes im eating more than i need to just cos its free. So ill also be looking at that.

So heres looking forwards to wi on tuesday!!

Ha ha so much for keeping up to date with this!! Im pleased to announce i lost two pounds at wi on tuesday. Shows the difference it makes keeping to around 70 syns. I also did more red days. Ive lost six pounds now - cant update me stats as on mobile! I really wanna lose a pound this week to get my half a stone but it will be hard as im having star week this week. Doh!!

Ive been super strict with myself the last few days - trying to track cals as well as do sw and i tell you what its hell!! I was shattered yesterday after doing zumba and ive slept so much the last two days. I was proper in one last night cos i didnt have enough cals for a skinny cow when i wouldve had syns. I cant keep doing it so am just being sensible now. I dont know why i do this to myself, i keep telling myself dieting has to be hell to work!!

Im so glad im back just to sw today, and having a big cooked brekkie, then steak for my lunch with no worries.

I have really enjoyed doing my zumba this week tho, so im hoping this will help with the dreaded star week. Ive clocked up two hours this week already, and am hoping to squeeze another hour in between now and wi. The good thing is the workouts are different lengths so i can do just 20mins a day if im busy.

Heres hoping for a maintain on tuesday!!

well done for getting back on track, and sticking to one plan only, don't bother counting calories, just throw yourself right into SW.......if you really need to count them, you'll just do your head in, and probably you'll end up either eating nothing, or completly overeating.
Well done on your 2lb loss, and enjoy your zumba!!

Debridger said:
well done for getting back on track, and sticking to one plan only, don't bother counting calories, just throw yourself right into SW.......if you really need to count them, you'll just do your head in, and probably you'll end up either eating nothing, or completly overeating.
Well done on your 2lb loss, and enjoy your zumba!!

Aw thanks for stopping in on my diary!

That is exactly what it did, messed me up and got so confused at one point! My problem is i lost weight before doing ww and i always kind of default back to that. Must stop it or ill get no where!!

geoff1960 said:
well done on the 2lb. I always stick to my sw books and recipes off here :)

Thanks hun! Am just doing 100% sw from now on!!

Im feeling really focused and motivated after seeing a gorgeous dress in new look this afternoon which i need for my holiday lol! I dont wanna buy it in a 14, am so tempted to buy it in a 12 to give myself something to aim for. It could backfire horribley, but it will probably give me the motivation to stick to sw and zumba when it gets tough.

Am exhausted tonight. Have been up since stupid o'clock and in work all day. Ive got to go through the same again tomorrow! Not good. I squeezed in 45 mins of zumba which has also worn me out. Am so pleased i did it tho.

I went to new look after work and bought that dress in a size 12. I was gutted tho cos when i put it on it didnt even do up!! Id secretly hoped it would go on but be a bit tight, but nope, zip wouldnt budge. Grrr!! Now i have to work so hard between now and the holiday to get into it. But i know it will give me focus!!

Am off to bed now before an early start tomorrow!!

Debridger said:
You keep at it, you'll get there I'm sure.
Work at the weekend doesn't appeal to me at all !! But well done for getting a bit of zumba in too - you'll sleep well

Lol! Ive been doing it for nearly six years and i still find it hell getting in for 6am on a sunday!!

So today ive been worried about being really hungry after exercising and that this might end up in me eating too much. After some great advice on here, im gonner have to be a bit smarter and better organised with the planning of my meals and snacks around my exercise and shifts.

I have been completely bitten by the exercise bug since doing zumba and am even thinking about getting back into some of my other dvds or running. Good lord!! Its amazing how much motivation this dress is giving me!!

I feel like ive eaten loads today. Ive had
3 Boiled eggs, 4 ryvita, 5 laughing cow light
Strawberries, banana, apple, pear
Chicken salad, ff activia
Banana, apple, pear
Steak, jacket potato, boiled veggies
Wispa
Tea with milk

Writing it down i dont feel quite so bad! It has been since 4.30 this morning! I am also blaming star week as it makes me hungy too. Thank god im not up so early tomorrow!

Am feeling brilliant today. I feel that after a couple of months 'wanting' and 'trying' to lose weight on sw, ive now gotten myself into the right frame of mind and am doing well. I do think having that dress has made a massive difference to my attitude. I also think finding a form of exercise i enjoy has helped greatly.

One thing i noticed today was since doing more red days i dont seem to crave as many sweet naughty things. I do remember seeing things that said a high protien diet was meant to stablise blood sugars etc but i always thought it was some celeb diet twaddle!

I have to admit the last few weeks ive had a twilight zone after wi as my leader calls it!! But even this week im thinking i dont want to. I bought some jamica ginger cake today and i thought 'oh i could have that tomorrow after wi'. Now i wouldve had the whole thing (the shame!) but i checked the syns and its 50!!! Now i just feel like i dont wanna have it, if i do it just takes me one step away from my dress!! It says it all as well this week with it being the star week. Usually id think theres no point sticking to it cos ill put on anyway. This week ive been working super hard exercising and sticking true to plan cos i know even if i dont lose this week it will show over time. So im giving myself a big pat on the back tonight.

I was a bit more organised with eating every four hours today and i had my tea a little later so i could eat after zumba. Its meant i ate what i usually would in a day without being too hungry/tired. So anyway thats been me today. If anyone is reading this, i hope youre having a good day too!!

you really do seem to be in the zone - that's great..... flipping 'eck 50syns for ginger cake..... think I'll leave that in Asda's this week lol
Mind if you really did want it, you cut chop it into maybe 10 syns, or 5 syn blocks, and freeze them, have one at the end of the day if you have the syns left (planned)
My weakness is beer, but I'm learning
Have a good one

Ha ha im in the 'zone' indeed! Its just nice for once to feel like this is easy and i can do it, so would write it down as a way of capturin that feelin.

Was gutted about the syns in ginger cake. Oh has offered to 'help' me by eatin it all arf arf!!

So at wi tonight i put on a pound. I was disappointed as i thought i had done enough to manage a maintain. But at least i know why and should hopefully shift that next week. Asuming that i will still be at class, as due to issues with the person i go with i may end up moving classes or not going at all. Ill update once ive decided what im doing. Hmmm.

Its been another good day on plan today. I have ended up having half a ginger cake tonight. My oh 'helped' with the rest!! Ive got my meals all planned for tomorrow and am gonner squeeze in more zumba too. Heres to getting back on it.

well, our bodies do strange things from time to time, I put on a lb last week I didn't expect, but yr right, it'll come off again..,,. as long as we stick to it!
I left a cheesecake for the oh at the weekend, I didn't even bother looking to syn it - I know it was bad!!!

enjoy yr zumba tomorrow, and stick to what you've planned.... you'll feel better if you ignore the small gain :)

Debridger said:
well, our bodies do strange things from time to time, I put on a lb last week I didn't expect, but yr right, it'll come off again..,,. as long as we stick to it!
I left a cheesecake for the oh at the weekend, I didn't even bother looking to syn it - I know it was bad!!!

enjoy yr zumba tomorrow, and stick to what you've planned.... you'll feel better if you ignore the small gain :)

Thanks hun! Youre right our bodies do strange things indeed! Dont worry about the pound cos it will come off next week! How long have you been on sw? Im on my phone so cant nosey at everyones stats!

Well today has been a really crap day but i am also quite pleased how its been sw-wise. Basically ive been told my job is under review. Its a typcially long drawn out public sector process so i have no idea what will actually happen and probably wont for a while yet. All i can do is save save save.

Which has led me to think about class. I havent decided what im doing yet mainly cos i wanna give myself chance to chill out about it and make sure im not being unreasonable. Basically i drive an extra 10miles out my way to go to a class which suits my mil. I am going to support her as she has a lot to lose. Her losses arent what shes hoped for and she has admitted to going off plan regularly. Last nite i was very over emotional due to star week, and was a bit annoyed that id gone all that way to class when i was tired and hungry just for her to tell me everything she had off plan. I didnt get home or have my tea till 9pm, hence the ginger cake, and i just thought what is the point in trying to help her?! Now with this news today i dont know if i can afford it at all regardless of last night!! Like i said i dont know if its just how i feel at the moment, i may change my mind by next week! I dont wanna give up on her cos then i will feel responsible if she gives up completely.

In spite of feeling pants today i stuck to plan all day and even did my zumba before tea. I do feel better for it now. I remember telling someone on here once that eating rubbish wont save your job. I just need to keep telling myself that now!!

So i think i need an early night tonight after all this. Hope everyone has had a better day than me!!

Debridger said:

Ps meant to say well done resisting cheese cake - i doubt i could have done that. I do think somethings arent even worth looking that the syns for. Its like people say 'oh just have a little bit'. Sometimes is just easier to go without.

I have my WI tonight, so we'll see what happens, I've stuck completely to plan, so I expect some loss.
I've been on SW since January, and have lost 1 1/2 stone (well, 1/2lb out as I put on)

Oh dear, sorry to hear that your job may be at threat, that's really not good, but, don't get too disheartened, is there anything you can do, whilst at work to either prove that you're needed, and they can't manage without you, or maybe some internal training or something? I don't know, what do you do?

I find class very helpful, I know a fiver is alot of money to be weighed, but for me, I couldn't guarantee I'd stick to the straight and narrow....maybe now I could, because of this site...but when I did SW in 2004 there wasn't this sort of support.
Another poster here, she does it from home and had lost a similar amount to me, in a similar time...so yeah it can work.

Oh wow, I'd want to lump my MIL if that was her attitude, if you do want to support her, how about inviting her over to yours for an SW friendly feast and WI at yours once a week, or if you decide to continue with class, get her to cook for you!

If you do end up as DIY...make sure you put the money up...otherwise a fiver in your purse just disappears...if you save it in an envelope, you can use it to buy new clothes when you get to target ;)

Well done for sticking to it, especially after a rotten day...

Fingers crossed you'll be feeling a bit better by the time you read this :)

Be good, be careful

Thanks hun, good luck with your wi tonight, hope its gone well!!

Im in a better mood today. Basically after the initial shock re work ive calmed down about it now. The situation is that my job (and the other people who do the same) is being looked at with a view to making changes to the role. Tbh this could mean anything from changes in my duties and responsibilities, to changes in my shifts, pay or hours. I have no idea and neither do my bosses cos they havent decided yet. This is them telling me its being looked at basically. So theres nothing yet to say my job is at risk yet. Phew.

I managed to leave work early today and have a nice chilled out afternoon/evening with oh. We went out for a meal and to the pictures. I also squeezed in some exercise so all good. Foodwise, ive been on plan apart from my meal out. I ended up having some chips with my gammon and eggs. Doh! I made myself a deal id only have a third of what they put out so i did that.

Whoops ended up posting that by mistake!! As for going to class i dunno what to do just yet. I want to help but i dont know how i can. I think if i leave that one id still go to one in our village. Ill see.

Thanks for coming in here to keep an eye on my diary! Do you have one? I will need to check in if you do!!

Back