The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

No I do two sachets of chocolate shake and 1 bar a day now. I know I should drink more water, but with the 1.5l and the Coke Zero and the water that's in the shakes, I feel like I'm getting enough. I only up it if I get leg cramps.

Yeah the Egypt thing was with the uni and it's fallen through anyway for some reason. I'd decided not to go as it happens. Would rather go out on holiday on my terms for the first time! x

Hello:p! Remember me:break_diet:? LOL. Well, back up in Scotland. Went to CDC and I am still the same. In three weeks! Mayb half a pound:confused:! Pathetic. Who am I trying to kid, buying £100 of CD every three weeks! So, this, 1st Feb is IT! No more messing. If I haven't lost weight on my CDC's scales on 21st Feb I will just give up and go to WW!

Had porridge, malt toffee bar and a tetra with 2 litres of water so far:tear_drop::tear_drop:. Having a bit of turkey and broccoli this evening. I am doing it at LONG LAST. Will even go for a wee run if the rain stops.

Another thing is coming on here at least once a day. And I will. I remember well how much better I do by coming on here. So good to see you two are here and doing so well at sticking at it. Well done. I don't get weighed until 21st but all I am thinking of right now is each day, on here and the water. Focus. Small steps lol.

Meeting Starlight :D :D for coffee/water tomorrow. If that doesn't inspire me nothing will!

I don't get weighed until the 15th either. i see my cdc every 3 weeks now, soo after last month's disastrous weigh in (3lbs) I decided to buck up too. It's been * days 100% so I should have good results by next weigh-in. I need to finish this and stop spending my money on CD AND cheating at the same time. I tell myself 21 days @ 100%, then from then... I'll do another 21@ 810-1000. After that, I'm quitting CD and going through another mode (prob exercise and lo-cal)

Come on guys, you can both do this! I know you can!

I'm back in Norfolk now until Monday, seeing all my old friends and my family, so I might not be around much until next week.

Keep at it! xxx

No, I'm off plan hun.

I go off plan for special occasions, and find I can get right back on it now with no problems. Maybe the result of being a Cambridge pro haha? :rolleyes:

oh wow, i always lose the plan on the way... that's why i'm going to be 100% til i'm almost at goal. I've been drinking my water and nothing else but 2 cd packs have crossed my lips. i must say i'm proud of myself!!

You have a great time, Gem, you deserve it!. Know what you mean enlightenme about spending money on CD and then cheating. I've got to stop that too. Only did 2 litres of water today but the great thing is I've done day 3 and I am still on track woohoo. Hopefully getting my mojo back for this last big push. Gem, you're an inspiration the way you have stuck at it. Who was it said you've only failed when you stop trying! Onwards abd downwards for us all!

Well, another 100% day for me, i don't think i ever went so long on ss without going ss+!! whatever it is, I'm going to keep this determination alive... i'm going to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

100% day yesterday, which means I survived the weekend!! One more weekend, and I see my cdc with hopefully great results! I can't believe I got my mojo back, after almost 1 year... yes, if I'm to be truthful, I've had ups and down for the past year. The good thing is that I think with the help of exercise, I've been able to maintain my weight and not gain, however... I was talking about being under the 200lbs mark last year January, and I'm still not there! After that, I still have 20lbs to go! :eek: I know it's not gonna be easy, but I now know I can do this and get a little closer to my goal. I will probably have to revise the plan the closer I get to a BMI of 25.

Hope everyone has a great week,
Gem enjoying your stay with your friends?
Night-owl, hope you're doing ok!!

We're missing team members!! I know a couple of ladies are looking for teams, should we invite them on-board? It could pep things up here and give us extra motivation. What do you think?

Well done enlightenme2! I'm proud of you! I'll be joining you back on the SS 100% train tomorrow!

According to my scales, I've gained 13lbs in 5 days. Now I know this is not actually possible and the majority of it is water and glycogen so I'm not panicking. As long as I am back to where I was by Monday, or a little lighter, I'll be happy! x

Yes Gem, no sweat on the 13lbs, you'll have them off in no time. It's funny how you can get on and off cd no prob... Once i'm off, it's like I become amnesiac... can't find my way back. I guess it depends on character, and surroundings. I am surrounded by food and have to make family meals, so yeah it's quite hard to be 100%. Right now, i've decided to cook stuff I don't really like or don't tolerate (lactose intolerant). It definitely prevents me from picking at the food!

Hiya guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much, I have been crap. I have just ate for a week with is stupid!! Put on 3 lb so I have exactly a st to lose. The packs I have ran out of date on 17th dec but they still taste ok so I must use them up.
Really thinking of getting more packs off CDC as it's the only way I am gonna lose the weight, I just have no willpower lately.... Grrrrrrrr...

You have all been doing well ladies.. :)

X

Hey Kels, glad you're back!! I was wondering where you went off to... Copme on, you can do this... just a little more oomph and you're there! you are at the end of the tunnel, so buck up get more packs if you need to and join us in our 100% campaign

Had a peek at the scales, I'm moving in the right direction. It will have taken me an entire year to get below 200lbs but hey, who's counting lol... at least i maintained right? So I have a stone and a half to lose until end of March. Doable? yes if I stay 100% I guess.

I need to be in maintenance in April as I have a planned trip to Mexico and I can't be piling it back on. Will also increase my exercise next week so that I get my metabolism revved up. i don't plan on being an oinker on the trip but come on! I don't think I'll necessarily be wanting to watch the scales every minute either.
The closer I get to goal, the more I'm wondering how I'll maintain the weight. I think for starters, weekly weigh-ins will become necessary. I won't be a slave to them, I can't however, put on more than 6 lbs from my goal. Idealistically, I'd like to make myself that promise once i'm there as my life's challenge. No more head in the sand syndrome for me, it's been too hard!

Hope you ladies are OK... It seems so quiet around here!

Had to reschedule my weigh in for the 21st instead of the 15th, so i guess my challenge of being 100% has been pushed back an extra weekend... well anything to keep me straight. anyway, had a peek at the scales I'm under 200 lbs!!!!!!! I'm so freakin' happy, I have just over a stone to get to goal!! woohoo :bliss:

Well done hun! That's fab news!!!

I'm back on the wagon. Had an awful day yesterday - headache, grumpy, tired. Today I feel pretty good so I reckon I must be back on the keto train!

I find myself getting fed up with being on this crazy diet again. I'm determined to stick with it until I am 15st something though, before I make any decisions. I just feel I want to find a plan that I can follow, losing about 2lbs a week, but that enables me to eat with my friends/family. I always have the feeling with Cambridge that I am just avoiding my food issues and doubt my ability to maintain once the weight is off.

I'm still thinking it through and checking out low carb diets (being a complete carb fiend, I need something that teaches me that you can create a meal that isn't all about carbs!). I've ordered the Dukan Diet book to give that a read. I've read Atkins but not keen on the high fat content.

I'm going to keep plodding on until I hit the 15s and then see how I feel then. Chances are I might get over this feeling and be well away!

Hey Gem, I sooo know what you mean, my nutritionist (also CDC) has all sorts of plans around CD - one of which my mom followed which allowed her to lose 2-3 pounds a week. it's around 1200 cals, i can get you a list if interested. `i think there ws one shake for brkfst, lunch was protein, starch, veggies(all you wanted) a dairy and a fruit... the evening was basically the same except no starchy card and no fruit. She lost 50lbs on it last year and she hasn't gained any back. She says she didn't feel the least bit deprived... I think i'll try that plan when i'm at goal, just to shed 5-10 more lbs (my original goal)

Ooh yes please hun, that would be great to have a look at.

I just can't afford to keep doing sole source either, it's such a financial drain. I might even just go back on Exante and put up with the vile shakes for a couple of months. Only two months until I'm on holiday for a week and I really want to be off the diet then. If I could maintain while on holiday, that would be amazing
x

Right I feel much better today!

I think I was just being grouchy because I was going into ketosis but I feel pretty good now!

I'm doing SS+ all the time now as I just find it easier, but my losses remain good so it seems sensible to me.

Apparently I've shifted 10 of the 12lbs I 'gained' so hoping to shift the remaining 2 and a couple more by Monday's weigh in so I'm less than I was at last weigh in!

So close to the 15s!!!

How are you all doing? I saw on Facebook that Kel is doing a giant cupcake course and that she wouldn't be dieting for that lol I can't say I blame you Kel! I'd have to sample what I'd made! I'm a real sucker for cakes! xxx

Back