The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wd hun thats FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO THE SHRINKING VIOLETS!!!!

XXX

hiya thinkthincd, i am happy to b in. what do i ave to do?
x

Yay gem!!!

I might not be the best team member, but I want to be on it. :-\

I lost only 1 lb. last week, and so far 0 between Thus. and today. It's so frustrating - I haven't cheated at all!

Well, once unintentionally b/c it was my 1st day of 200 cal meal (after 5 wks of SS) and I didn't know wheat was bad (CD USA has noooo guidance, grr). But I tested this AM and still in ketosis., So wtf with the no weight gone. ;.;

how are you doing today GTpeach?
x

Replied would love to join the shrinking violets!!

Got weighed last night, need to update my ticker and losses to account for the huge amount I've put back on!!

Please be gentle with me I'll try to be good!!

Helen

Today, I had a grilled chicken (2 oz.) with lettuce and a side of romaine lettuce sprinkled with pepper. 1/2 a litre of water. Checked the nutrition info for this store's prep on it, and I only had 68 calories an 2g carb. I could have the other 2 oz. of chicken if I want and still be obeying the diet!!! :D But I'm not at all hungry! I ate very slowly, chewed, and I wasn't hungry so I boxed the other chicken up to go. I forced myself to finish the entire 1/2 litre of water and so now I am sooo stuffed!! I really am trying to obey this diet.

I found some salad dressings - no fat, no sugar, no calories, no acids, no carbs. I don't know what they have but the flavors sound normal. If it's tasty - I've found something to flavor up my salads besides plain old pepper that the diet will allow!!

I can't promise to be the team's biggest loser, but I can promise the team that I will NEVER intentionally cheat on the diet, and now that I know what I can and can't have I shouldn't unintentionally cheat anymore either. :D And am still in ketosis, thank God!!

Evening girls,

I've just come upstairs and am hiding in my room as hubby very kindly is tucking in to kebab and chips! Now normally the thought of a disgusting kebab would make me want to vom! But here i am salivating all over my laptop.

Smurf- all you need to do is let me know your last weigh in weight and your new weigh in weight, what day do you get weighed as we have to submit results by thurs night? I know pbfhpunk hasn't got her 1st weigh in until this friday but we are going to try and post our results anyway this week obv minus the people that don't get weighed until friday onwards, and then its full steam ahead next week.

Be good tonight, everyone do it fo the team lolol!!

xxxx

Smurf,
Ignore me just read your sig and it says you are getting weighed on monday so fantastic we will be able to include your result this week!

What about you GTPEACH?

XXX

Me, I weigh in on Thursday mornings. :) Last week I only lost 1 lb. :( So far this week I've lost 0!! So darned frustrating!!!!! Esp. since I haven't cheated and am in ketosis!

But I seem to be losing inches in the meantime because clothing is fitting much differently, and I've had to go shopping a lot in the past cpl. weeks due to clothing literally falling off of me. First it was my skirt at work. Now my shirts are also hanging off. :-O

TODAY: 124 calories, 23g protein, 3g carb, 3g sugar, 2g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 27%dv vitamin a, 16%dv vitamin c, 1%dv calcium, 1% dv iron

Not bad, huh? :D And it was enough chicken to manage to take TWO times eating it!

Hi girls,

Just back from weigh in and i've lost 3 pounds, i'm a little indifferent about it to be honest as i have been 100% ss with no cheats for a month now and was hoping for a really big one this week (prob because i have found it really hard this week) but hey ho there is always next week!

Just tried the porridge.....not sure really, its nice for a change but i don't love it i don't hate it.

Enjoy your sundays, i'm off to the arcade

xxx

Yay gem!!!

I might not be the best team member, but I want to be on it. :-\

I lost only 1 lb. last week, and so far 0 between Thus. and today. It's so frustrating - I haven't cheated at all!

Well, once unintentionally b/c it was my 1st day of 200 cal meal (after 5 wks of SS) and I didn't know wheat was bad (CD USA has noooo guidance, grr). But I tested this AM and still in ketosis., So wtf with the no weight gone. ;.;

GTPeach- Welcome to the team! And you will be a great team member! It's a shame you don't get enough guidance there. Have you thought about perhaps finding a UK CDC that you could email for guidance? My CDC is American as it happens!!!

Replied would love to join the shrinking violets!!

Got weighed last night, need to update my ticker and losses to account for the huge amount I've put back on!!

Please be gentle with me I'll try to be good!!

Helen

Helen-Welcome to the team! We are all very supportive on this team so we will be gentle hehe! x

Hi girls,

Just back from weigh in and i've lost 3 pounds, i'm a little indifferent about it to be honest as i have been 100% ss with no cheats for a month now and was hoping for a really big one this week (prob because i have found it really hard this week) but hey ho there is always next week!

Just tried the porridge.....not sure really, its nice for a change but i don't love it i don't hate it.

Enjoy your sundays, i'm off to the arcade

xxx

Thinkthincd- Don't get disheartened hun. 3lbs is still a great loss! In the week where I lost 3lbs, I was a little disappointed but then I looked at how much I had lost before and my average loss and I realised I had still lost a massive amount of weight. You have lost 5.75lbs a week on average! That's amazing!!! Plus you have only lost 1lb less than me in the same amount of time. You should be really chuffed!!! xxx

thinkthin - Your name says it all. You can do this! I know how frustrating it is - I did SS for 5 whole weeks before replacing 1 shake with the 200 cals, and my last 3 weeks were 0, 8, 1! It's frustrating, but look how your clothing fits. I had to go buy a few new tops yesterday out of necessity because my tops are doign the same thing my skirt did a few weeks ago - bagging, sagging, falling off! And 3 lbs is still 3 lbs - WELL DONE!!!

Gem - Do you mind asking your CDC if I can consult with her via email and the occasional phone call (I'd make the call so no charge to her.) ?? That would be absolutely lovely! And being formerly American, she might understand a lot better about the foods and diet stuff available here, and how the CD USA works, than an average CDC over there. I've been trying SO SO hard but I'm really paranoid about foods these dyas, and that can't be good.

Today's meal: lettuce and chicken with only a teeny bit of carrot, a loot of pepper, and the 0 everything walden farms dressing of honey dijon. It's fabulous - the dressings really perk it up well!!! Next time, I'm going to try their 0 everything BBQ sauce on my chicken. :D

Thanks you two,
Just having a bit of a wobble but not fallon off the wagon just had a few tears instead, its really hard, but i'm dedicated and determined to stay SS for another month. GT- are you doing SS+ then? i'm considering this it would be great to eat a meal (albeit a small one) at the same time as my baby and husband. I've tried doing that with the soup but somehow it just doesn't cut it lol.

Here's to a more positive and slimming week

Love

H xxx

P.s- I'm happier tonight, my parents just nipped round and my mum said "god H you look so thin" obviously i know at my weight i am far from thin, but thats the first time anyone has really commented so i'm feeling quite good!

Well done - maybe you don't feel thin. My friend said the same to me, and the thing is - compared to what they're used ot seeing n you, you ARE thin! You've lost a lot of weight and it's noticeable. Well done!! :D

Yeah - I just started SS+ Thus. (the modified CD USA version where I have 2 shakes and a meal). I'm liking it okay, but it's soo hard to know what to eat, what not to eat. And I get funny looks in restaurants all the time because of how I order thing. Good thing I'm a regular in enough places to get away with bringing in my 0 everything dressings! Lol!!! The SS was easier for me. But it looked like my body was plateauing, so I'm hoping this will get me over the plateau. And if I don't lose again, I'm going back to SS for another stint (albeit shorter, maybe 3 wks. on and 1 wk off instead of the 5 wks. thing - my friends didn't like the 5 wks. SS at allll and that seems to be a good way to avoid plateaus....)

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself, My name's Helen, I start CD tomorrow and I'm doing 810 - well 790 with skimmed milk! I did LL last year and lost a lot of weight and have pretty much put it all back on, since my wedding in Feb. What I think my main problem was my body image, I honestly could not see a difference between me at 16s9lb and 12s9lb so I didn't notice the weight creeping on. I told my CDC this on Friday and she has said it's something we'll work on which will be a massive help. I start a new job in the 22nd and have had a drastic haircut so this is the next 'new me' step, starting afresh at the new company.

Looking forward to the support from and giving support to my fellow team mates!

Helen

Hi hun,

Great to meet you formally, i'd forgotten you weren't starting until 2moro so ignore my message.... i think i'm going slightly mad, good luck for the coming days, you have done it once and so i'm sure you will do it again. We are all here so if you need anything just give us a shout.

Good luck

xxx

great i'll be able to see how you get on with SS+ compared to SS, i'm defo ready to eat something but don't want to until i know the weight will still come off lol.

When do you go on your trip?

xx

Yay helen!! You can do it!!

thinkthin - I go on my trip this Friday through Sunday. Leaving around 10pm your time or so. :) I hadn't been losing a lot on the SS the last bit. :( I'm hoping for some losses now!!!

First day is off to a good start, have vanilla shake for breakfast and drank 1litre this morning, then chocolate tetra for lunch and about to start on my 2nd litre.

Helen

Back