The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

thanks girls for the support. we have sorted things out now :D

problem is i have such low self esteem that i think he is going to find someone better and whenever he adds a female on facebook or anything, i freak out. i really need to sort myself out!!! it's not that i don't trust him, because i do. i just think he could do better and wouldn't blame him if he found someone better!

sorry, whinge over!!! xxx

Helen- sorry, don't know about the cottage cheese and chicken. i was wondering about that too because it would be nice to mix and match on my 810 week! x

Hi Gem,

I think its a common problem for those of us with weight to lose. I used to feel like that but as the scales move downwards i can start to feel my negative thoughts about myself changing. Just look at how far you've come, and imagine how much further on you will be in a month.

I can't wait to wow the pants of my hubby at his bday party in december, i'm planning to go full length and fabulous and buy a jaw dropping outfit!

Helen- not sure re the chicken/cottage cheese mix i can't really see why not as long as you took half of the chicken allowance (how ever many grams that is) and then half of the cottage cheese allowance. But perhaps try asking on the main forum.

One more day to results......!

Gem - Just look how well you're doing, how much weight you're losing! Also - look at it this way. He is with you Now. He was with you at your heaviest. He LOVES you! For you. So now, when you're skinny and gorgeous and everyone wants you, then you can rest easy because the man you are with loved you at your heaviest - he didn't just date you for your body. :) Cheer up, gem. You're a great person so no WONDER he loves you best!

A girl once told me that I would never get a good man because of how fat and ugly I am. I said, "Well, the way I see it is, while you're out dating every man, you will end up being alone when you get older and the beauty fades, because I am a genuinely nice and intelligent girl, if nothing else, and that's the type of girl a man will want to marry and love. So I don't mind waiting. I hope you don't mind being a lonely evil heartless person when you grow older." In retrospect, it was so mean of me to say, but she called me the nastiest names, and all because she was prettier, so...

My point is, have confidence in yourself because there are so many qualities about you to like, and you will definitely end up being happier in life just knowing he does love you like you love him. :)

i am lurking on this thread...lol

but i have to agree with GT peach.. he loves you now.
rest easy.. and you are a cracking looking gal.

im worried that when i get down to goal, and finally get into a relationship, i will always be worried about putting on any amount of weight in case he runs off with someone else.
and i dont want to hide my 'prev' fat life. yes it was unhealthy, yes its not the most attractive i have looked, but i have been like that for many years now and it has made me what i am. i dont want to be ashamed, embarrassed or hide that from anyone.

so gem please chin up, look in the mirror and see yourself for the pretty girl your partner sees you as. xx

aww thanks guys! you are all such great mates :D xxx

and littlemissspendthrift, i totally agree with what you are saying about not wanting to hide the 'fat' life. i have stacks of pics of me at my heaviest but they all still have happy memories attached. i'll still put them up in my house when i am slim and i will always tell people about my experience because it's a part of who i am xxx

Didn't give in to any of my cravings despite the awful, awful, emotional day I've had today. Had grilled chicken and steamed cabbage for dinner and now my stomach won't shut up!!

Get weighed on Friday evening but might not be able to get online until saturday or sunday evening.

Helen

Morning Team!

Well here we are.... a week on and all lighter than we were! I just wanted to say well done to us all, we have stuck to it for another week and the losses speak for themselves, i can't wait til we can post congrats to each other for reaching goal!

The deadline fot this weeks team challenge is 8pm tonight, i think i have all of the results bar GT who doesn't get weighed until this morning, and pbfhpunk, who isn't being weighed until tomorrow and so she will join in the challenge next week.

I'll post our results on here after 8pm tonight, and will then submit them to the team challenge thread!

Good luck everyone lol and congratulations again on a fantastic week.

xxx

3 lbs. lost this week for me!!

Woo hoo WD HUN thats a great result!!!

xxx

well dun GTPeach xx

Can't wait until my weigh in have spoken to my CDC and she's said I can swap my soups - thak god!! - so all systems go for me. I feel better already. My husband told me I have diet breath last night so hopefully that means I'm in ketosis, are we allowed mints? or is it just the spray we can use?

Helen

i dont know pbfhpunk, i would luv to know to. its an awful taste isnt it?
x

u not in ketosis yet?? x

Hi guys! You are allowed those Listerine strips that dissolve on your tongue, but no mints or gum. x

Well done GTPeach! Go girl! x

I can't wait to see our results tonight yay!!!

pbfhpunk-haven't you got any ketostix? that way you will know if you are in ketosis. your CDC should sell them or you can get them from a chemists xxx

punk - Listerine and Eclipse make some breath strips. Not mint or gum, but they're mint strips. No sugar or calories or acids so you're good to go! Ketostix can be bought at the chemist - I wouldn't advise telling them it's for a diet if you don't have to, as they tend to give snide looks for that use of the stix.

Thanks all - I needed a good WI this morning, after yesterday.
I still don't know why I was so miserable. Wish me luck - today I have an appointment with a doctor because I've been getting really sore and bruised a lot lately. I thought it was due to diet - I will bruise in an area, and it will last a couple days, then I will look in the mirror when they stop aching and find that area has lost inches. But I emailed gem's CDC, and apparently bruising isn't a normal side effect. I'm really hoping she doesn't advise me to leave the diet (and I won't listen if she does), as it's been amazing!!! But she's really nice, and I love her to death, so maybe she won't.

They won't weigh me for this trip, as it isn't a typical one, but I think I might ask her to anyways. Usually, when they record weight, they take your weight at last appointment with them if a new WI isn't necessary. I'm going to make her because the last recorded weight they have me is about 30-40 lbs. heavier than I am now!!! (I lost weight due to sickness before starting the diet and officially counting weight loss.)

punk - Listerine and Eclipse make some breath strips. Not mint or gum, but they're mint strips. No sugar or calories or acids so you're good to go! Ketostix can be bought at the chemist

I could have sworn I just said this... :p hehe x

GTPeach I have been getting bruised too and I didn't bother asking about it because I didn't think it was diet related. My legs are covered!!!

If my CDC does tell you to stop the diet, you should listen to her. She knows what she is talking about and if it's for the benefit of your health, it's not wise to ignore that. xxx

Back