The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

YAY ME!!!!

I managed to lay down in the bath today without getting wedged in by my thunder thighs!!!! AND I managed to get out of the bath without performing some weird rolling onto my knees trick!
:talk017:

im sooo pleased 4 you bet it feels great!!.xx

lol! I bet that feels great Gem, i noticed the other day when i was in the bath that there was room between the sides of my hips and the bath! It makes it all feel worth it.

Not long to go now girls!!

xxx

i can also sit with one leg crossed over the other in true lady fashion but only for a couple of minutes.

i long for the day when i am slim enough to be able to do that even when sitting at a table!!!! x

Just sorting percentages out then i'll post our results here, not sure where we are posting them for the team challenge this week but hopefully someone will reply by the time i've typed ours up.

All our results are in so we may as well ahve a look at them, back in a mo.

xx

Here we go...

Current shrinking violets slimmer of the week this week with a 12lb loss is.......SMURF well done hun!

Smurf -12lbs 5.22%
Soontobelittlegem -5lbs 1.75%
Gtpeach -3lbs 1.67%
161ds -3lbs 1.60%
Thinkthincd -3lbs 1.28%

Overall team percentage= 2.32%

Phew! hope i've got that right! well done everyone!!

yay!!! :D well done Smurf!

thinkthincd, from what i gathered you have to PM the results to Kitteh xxx

26lbs lost between us...we have got to win!!! x

Thats what i thought, but we usually just post them on a thread? I've added to that thread to ask what to do anyway, will see if anyone replies.

Can't wait for next week when we have a full team!

xxx

wow! we all done well hope we win.xx

I just wanted to share my change in measurements with you all as I was looking at my chart and realised I have lost so many inches!!!

BUST: was 45ins, now 38.5ins (-6.5ins)
WAIST: was 51ins, now 45ins (-6ins)
HIPS: was 60ins, now 54ins (-6ins)
ARMS: was 18ins, now 15ins (-3ins)
THIGHS: was 35ins, now 31ins (-4ins)

I'm so pleased but I still can't notice that much of a difference in my clothes. According to a chart I found on the Debenhams website, these measurements would make me a size 22 for my bust, 24 for my waist and 26 for my hips. Now I have been wearing a size 24 since I started this diet so frankly I am a bit disappointed that I haven't gone down a size yet. Oh well...all in good time! x

Last edited:
wow thats really fantastic:) bet your pleased! must measure 2 see if ive shrunk any yet! if not i think i will put myself on a boil wash and see if that helps:rolleyes:.xx

drastic! lol

thanks smurf! i really want to see where our team has come. from reading other team threads, i think we may come at least 2nd! x

Brilliant results, can't wait until mine, am I right in thinking I give you my results form tomorrow next week?

Thanks for the tips about the strips very handy to know. Re the ketostix I had them when I did LL but didn't find them very accurate as they often showed I wasn't in ketosis when I was I was on abstinence my counsellor said that it can be affected by when you had your last pack or when you had the last drink. So tbh I found it a bit demoralising!

H

ah i can see how that would put you off them. i always give my results to thinkthincd as soon as i get them even if its mega early (i weigh in on sat but the results go on the following thurs). that way its done and i don't forget!!! xxx

Ok this is going to be long and disjointed while I respond to everyone:

Gem: I know. I saw you'd said that after I posted!! Sorry! Congrats on the bath - wow, well done!!!! I meant my GP, not your CDC, who said she didn't know why I was bruising. But in my experience, I've bruised right before I lose inches in that area, os come to me bruises! Lol! Also, if you run into things, you'll bruise because your skin is more tender.

The GP says upon seeing me: "WOW! You look great!!! Let's go reweigh you, you look at least 20 lbs. thinner!!!" She was so so proud of me, liked the diet, and said it would be ok to go back to SS when I hit another plateau. She tested me for anemia and I was negative, then said the bruising was probably due to the diet so give i a bit more time. I knew there was a reaosn I love this doctor! She was so awesome about the whole thing and kept telling me the whole time how great I look, and telling the ppl. in the lab and the nurses, "Doesn't she look amazing? Remember her?" The nurses all had to look at my chart to even recognize who I was! :D It was awesome!

WELL DONE EVERYONE!! GO SMURF ESPECIALLY!!!

WOW GEM!!! That's HUGE loses!! GO YOU!! And go you for being strong enough to measure those!! I haven't measured my inches lost by anything other than sizes. I wouldn't be able to bear not losing weight OR inches in a week, so I'm just not doing the inch measurements by anything more than, "Well I started the diet here, and now my size is here."

ah sorry GTPeach, think I was being dense today!!!

Good news on the doc though! How are you getting on with my CDC? She is so awesome, I look forward to seeing her each week :D xxx

She's so great!! I love her!

Back