The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

i have such a headache!!! argh! if only that would go away it wouldn't be so hard! all i want to do is stuff my face with potatoes, rice and pasta, oh and not to mention chocolate!!!! :17729:
luckily i don't have any of that stuff with me and no means of getting it so i can't cheat. when i get home, that will be the test. i haven't made it through one whole day completely 100% since my first go at CD. i have to do this! i have to! :whip:

it would be so easy to ask (bully :flamingmad:) mike to bring me some food. i mustn't. i have to focus on why i am doing this. i want to be slim and confident and above all, a healthy weight :scale:

it's so hard :banghead: i should never have come off it in the first place!!! and why have i wasted so much time half heartedly trying to restart?

i'm going to list the reasons for wanting to lose this weight and hope it will kick me up the backside!!!

1. to have more confidence when i go to uni - only 9 weeks to go and i want to be at most 15st :hide:

2. to be able to fit into the new clothes that mike bought me (size 14-16) :party0011:

3. to get my fat ass into some of those little black shorts which are all the rage at the moment :massmoon:

4. to be able to go swimming without feeling self-conscious :gen157:

5. to be able to go on a hot holiday and not feel like i have to cover up :bundledup:

6. to not be a fat bride :love047:

7. to be less self-conscious of my body with Mike:lilkiss:

8. to be able to fit in the bath without being wedged in :0bathtime:

9. to look forward to getting ready for a night out rather than dread it :party0048:

10. to learn healthy eating habits :eating:

this has made me think long and hard and focus more. i'm glad i wrote them all down. must remember to look at this post when i am tempted. my headache seems to be fading aswell! :) x

well that didn't work. have had a kebab with mike. doh. it was chicken so it could have been worse.

putting it behind me. i have kissed goodbye to food and tomorrow is another day. focus and concentrate!!!

going for gold tomorrow. going to do 4.5l and stick rigidly to SS for the next 3 days. this is my challenge and i WILL do it!!!

Blinkin' heck we won.....and that was without the other 7lbs we lost! Well done Linda and Amanda! We are a fab weight loss team!!! And that's all that matters!

Gem, love you list. You will do this. Baby steps. Just get through day one. Remember how scared we were of letting a single thing pass out lips when we first started in case it didn't work and we had to face our CDC and waste all that money? I even remember sitting up to past midnight some nights because I hadn't finished all my water!

Water really is the key. It keeps you focused. If you have gone and drunk 2 litres you ain't gonna want to ruin a perfect dieting day but eating I find. I find I get through it easy when I am driving and when I am out in a pub. I order a litre and it goes down very quickly. I always have a glass on my desk at home but find I don't sip often enough. I have to really concentrate and say right I am going to doing nothing else until I have drunk two glasses of water.

Good luck. Sorry not to be around earlier. In future, send me a text when you are online and I will come on.

I didn't do too well yesterday either, but better than the day before, it was the flippin banoffee cheesecake and cream that did it, I had to helpings again today but have forced the children to finish it so I cannot do it again, next time I will buy something I dont like so I am not tempted to eat it. I put on 1.6lb because of my binge, but today I am 0.2lb down, so that makes 1.4lb put on this week.... grrrr!!

Start again today Gem, concentrate on getting through today 100% and then think about tomorrow when tomorrow arrives, 1 day at a time.

I joined the gym but haven't managed to go lately, last Thursday I had a smear and didn't feel like going afterwards, Friday I had a blood test, weekends I dont go anyway, Monday inlaws were here and now my car wont go into reverse, it is like someone has stolen my reverse gear, so today I cannot even get to the gym really need to sort the car out as we are going on holiday on Saturday and I need to tow our caravan with it..... poopy!! Someone has offered to lend us a car but our car is a 7 seater and theirs is only a 5 so not big enough as there are 7 of us... guess I could put them in a suitcase on the roof rack....

Argh sorry to hear about your car trouble Linda! Bloody cars! Mine is getting fixed tomorrow because I got in it the other day and the suspension spring broke. Nothing like a sign that you need to lose weight :rotflmao: seriously though it was on it's way out. I don't think my lard ass really caused it!!!

I measured a skirt I am trying to slim in to last night. I just woke up at 2am and had to measure the skirt :confused: it's not looking good. Here's how I measure up:

Skirt: waist 30", hips 35"
Me: waist 43", hips 53"

I have such a long way to go but at least it will make me keep an eye on my measurements which I kept forgetting to do the first time :asskick:

I feel empowered this morning but I have terrible gut ache. Think it's payback for eating the kebab! Oh well, onwards and downwards!!! Getting weighed on Monday which will be a whole week on SS so should get a good result to keep me on the straight and narrow!

I am taking it one day at a time. In my signature I have set daily targets. I can't focus on the long term just yet, not until I am into ketosis and not feeling hungry! I have kicked the flavoured water habit and will just have it plain now. I am determined to get into ketosis! I need that feel good factor! I feel so crap lately. So tired all the time no matter how much sleep I get. I have a day off tomorrow and I just know I will spend most of the day in bed. Lazy but I just can't function right now:zz:

Hope some of you guys will be about today. I spend the whole day on here now just gleaning as much positivity as I can to keep me going! xxx

Hope your gut ache goes son Gem, that was how I felt yesterday morning, I felt bloated and my tummy hurt and so did my head actually and I only had 1 1/2 glasses of wine, wasn't a full bottle I shared with hubby, he said he felt fuzzy headed too, so we have agreed not to drink alcohol unless it is a special occasion, maybe we wont bother then either, especially when I realised how much wine had gone up since I started CD... lol will save some money. I think we get gut ache to remind us we have been bad and to help us not do it again, probably why I wasn't as bad yesterday.... lol

We have taken our car to a guy recommended to us by 2 people, he actually fits and restores Jaguars as his love/job.... hubby said he was a really nice man and he would look at our car today and try and find out what was wrong, he didn't even hazard a guess as to what could be wrong, we actually rang Kia (it is a Kia Sedona) on Friday, told them what was wrong and they said "we have never heard of that before".... didn't sound too good as they were going to charge us £40 an hour to diagnose the problem, and then they have extortionate repair prices too....

As I cannot go out today, I am going to go mad with the water and hope this helps flush all the rubbish I ate through, have eaten my breakfast today, muesli and a choc mint shake and will have a salad and CD bar for lunch.... I will stick to it today, I really have to....

Chin up Gem and we will stay 100% on track together today.

Just finishing my first 2 litre bottle of water... was going to clean out my caravan but it is wet and raining, so not sure what I will do with myself today.... really need to exercise though.

drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee
drink pee drink pee

this is my day so far! but i feel good! not even minding the headache! i have nearly finished 3l of water and only had one tetra. i am going to make it through today!!!

i don't drink my own pee i hasten to add!!!

Last edited:
Keep it up, girl, one day at a time is the best and the ONLY way to go! You will be so chuffed when you have done a perfect dieting day and then you want want to fall off the path the next day and so on.

Only had half a litre today so far so I need to focus! I get weighed tomorrow too!

Drink pee drink pee! Great mantra. I like it!

Hang in there.

i will! am on my last 1.5l bottle now and i feel pretty good. dull headache but i am ignoring it. will have an early night and before i know it, it i will be day 2! one step closer to ketosis and it's feel good factor not to mention feeling cold whoop! :bundledup:

this time feels much different. i know i have kept saying that but usually by this time i would have planned to cheat and i haven't whoopeeee! x

jayne, where are you??? x

I have drunk 4 litres and have just had bad news about my car... the guy looking at it says the gearbox needs to come apart to find out what is wrong as everything else is okay, but he cannot do Kia gearboxes as they are different to other ones. Just got in contact with our usual mechanic who doesn't do gearboxes, refers them elsewhere, who are not answering their phone... and we need it back by Saturday morning at the latest. If we were to take it to Kia, we would not be able to afford to have it fixed as they are proper rip off merchants with their prices, would cost in excess of £1000 to get fixed..... grrrrrr what to do..

Well done Gem, you are doing well, just keep it up this evening, even if you have to have a bath and go to bed early.... lol

Back