The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

OK, Gem, I'll do a head count and I promise to jump on here daily. You have my email addy if you need me and I am not around on here. I always see my emails.

Remember last Christmas, how you SoleSourced and I stuck to SS+ LOL! Here goes for us both being at our lightest ever by Christmas. Why go for 15 5lbs - aim to higher? You're gonna hit 14 13 by the end of this year, so motivated you are!

OK, who's in on the Shrinking Violets' pledge to have our "Lightest Ever Christmas" this Christmas? :smiley522:

Going by the last month I reckon we have me, Gem, Jayne, Greeneyes, and Happyway? Are you all in? Hopefully we can confirm by who pops in over the next week and then I'll maybe advertise for one more team member?

Im definitely in! Love your new pic Frances!

By the way the Egyptology is awesome but the Egyptian Language is soooo hard but I love it! Got an exam on next Thursday and if I don't get 60% + I can't carry on with the language bit. In the practices I am hitting over 70% so I'm doing well :D

That course sounds really interesting Frances, when does it start? x

hi guys
didn't get back on the programme at all, just absolutely swamped with work which is taking all my time
Don't have the motivation at the moment.
Would love to be a kind of popping in member to keep in touch and would encourage you to advertise my place
If at any point i get back on i can wait for a space in the team
you need team members to submit losses (or gains) so that you can compete. I'm not disappearing but find i can only pop in about once a week
Jxx

I personally would love you to be a pop in member Jayne. I need all the support I can get if I'm going to get through this!!! x

Thanks for that Jayne, but I did advertise and no one seems to have turned up. New members are hard to find so there will always be a space for you. Hope things settle down soon for you.

Hope you're all set for Monday Gem. Geology of the British Isles is just an evening course. It started last week. It is almost like a history lesson too, going back to the formation of Britian.

Been to the gym three days in a row now! Woohoo! I do a mix of walking fast and a bit of jogging on the treadmill for 30 minutes, running for a total of 10 minutes in bursts. So determined to do what it takes to get to 10 stone, and maybe see just see the 9's before I start maintainance. Why is the last bit so hard??

I am all set Frances. I have 6 weeks worth of tetras and Jazzercise on dvd so all set!!! Want to lose 3st by Christmas so that if I get a chance to go home, my family will see a difference!!! x

Good on you Gem. Blimey, 6 weeks of tetras. What flavours? All chocolate? I remember last winter how I lived on hot chocolate tetras. I'm still stuck on the Chocolate Mint but it will soon be too cold for cold shakes.

As you say, you are all set. Love it! You sound so committed.
You will do this!

Well, I lost a pound. Probably about the fifth time I have lost this pound but determined that this time I will keep the pesky thing off! Just finishing a pint of water and then off to the gym. Woohoo, I'm doing this Gem, where are you?? Come on, we can do this! Get back on here, you know it makes sense and that when you come on here every day it keeps you on track.

It's getting cold now -- hot chocolate tetras beckoning soon. Here's to the slimmest Christmas we have ever had!

Well done on the 1lb Frances!

I haven't started yet as Mike's dad and step-mum are coming to stay until next Wednesday and they are determined to take us out for dinner so I am going to start when they leave as I don't want to have to stop again!!!

I'm going to try and de-carb not that that has ever been successful for me but oh well!!! I will be weighing in on a Wednesday so first one will be two weeks today.

My target is to be slim by April when I get my last installment of student loan so I can buy some new clothes!!! x

Hi everyone, well I am back on CD, thought I was in the right place to shift the last half a stone, but then decided that I wanted to lose a whole stone, not sure I can stay motivated for that tho as the weight is coming off sooooooo slowly. Had WI today and lost 2lb, so by my scales weigh 9stone 12lb but by my CDC scales I weight 9.13lb, so not too bad, did actually hit 9.11 this week on mine but this morning this little extra lb appeared from somewhere, not even TOTM. So onwards and upwards, I can live with 2lb a week as long as it keeps coming off, and have set a preliminary goal of 9 stone 7 on my scales, then will see what happens. Really hope I can lose it by Christmas tho... good luck Gem with your restart, and you Frances, lets hope you stay motivated to shift that final weight by Christmas.
Good luck everyone.

Gosh Linda it must be lovely to see the 9's. I will get there one day soon! People keep saying I look fine as I am but I know that I have to get to MY goal before I feel I have succeeded, and won't ever go back up!

Gem, sounds like you have a plan there. Do try and low carb, it will make it so much easier for you and you probably will lose a couple of lbs before you even start. Weigh yourself and just see for yourself what low carbing can do.

And don't forget the water you guys. I am convinced that I do better when I don't skimp on the water. Convinced that really is the key.

Hello gals, read you needed a new team member motivated to lose weight between now and xmas and more... Could i join your team? Lost about half my goal but need some motivation to keep on. I'm pretty good about being 100% SS

It's fine with me if it is with everyone else enlightenme :D

I'm looking forward to my restart now and I have a friend who is keen to start jogging with me each morning. Attending a uni located on the seafront really does have it's benefits!!! x

Hi there, sorry I've not been around this week, been busy with work again. Welcome enlightenme, it would be great to have you on board. We would love to help you along your way to goal. I was four stone heavier when I joined this team. It can be done, slowly but surely.

Lost a lb this week. Woohoo. Not only pleased about that but pleased that I kept the lb I lost last week off! I am 10 4lbs. Been 10 4lbs twice before so working really hard to get to 10 3lbs next week -- my lowest ever. Been going to the gym most days and really starting to enjoy it altho some mornings I do have to push myself to go. Was worried that I would put on or sts as I built muscle but this hasn't happened, thank goodness. I am mainly doing cardio -- walking and jogging on the treadmill.

When's the restart Gem? I have this wonderful vision of you jogging along the seafront! You go! Love the new look/pic.
Frances

Well I haven't lost anything this week, really struggling now to lose anymore weight. Guess eating out twice hasn't helped either, plus TOTM has seemed to appeared 2 weeks early and I am starving again... dont know what is happening here, on the pill so it shouldn't really happen. Good luck with the restart Gem, and the jogging along the sea front, dont fancy that much with the cold and dark mornings settling in...
Welcome to the team Enlightenme... well done on being able to stay SS 100%, great achievement, and to be halfway to goal is excellent.. keep at it and you will be there for Christmas....

Well thanx Linda, I'm gonna need all the encouragement and motivation i can get, being halfway is a great achievement, but I look at the next half and it's like "oh my god!!" can I keep going? I will def come here often as I aim to lose major poundage in November. Thanks for letting me join your team everyone!!

Erm, I suppose I am the team leader by default as I seem to tot up the results most week. Think we have 6 in the team, me, seoontobelittlegem, greeneyes, jayne, happyway and now enlightenme2. Don't think we have 3 losers this week though.

Back