The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Living Room Design...move over Laurence Lewellyn Bowen!!!

This is my idea for the living room. Please excuse the dodgy cutting out and use of Paint to create this masterpiece lol! What do you think? xxx

Attachments

• Living Room Design.jpg
    Living Room Design.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 23
Very stylish Gem. Sumptuous!

Love your mini goals Jayne. Great idea. It is all about getting over each hurdle as they come.

Good luck on Monday Jen.

Morning all,

Still waiting on a couple of results for the team challenge, if you would like yours included can you let me have it by 11am today please.

Not had a bad week this week, i've lost 2lbs towards next week's team challenge,which i can't really grumble at on 810.

I'll be back at 11 to post this weeks results,

Have a lazy sunday morning!

xx

thanks guys! the new house is getting there slowly!!! had a bubbly disaster with the washing machine this morning. i ran some bleach through it to clean it as it has been standing for a while and i put too much in so it started bubbling out of the detergent tray!!!

lost 3lbs at weigh in yesterday yay!!! xxx

Wow! Thats great Gem, what a fantastic few weeks for you, 3lbs after the last two weeks is amazing!

Right here we go....i'm excited!

Team Challenge Results:

Shrinking Violets Slimmer of the Week goes to ............SMURF ! Congrats hun check out your percentage loss this week its huge....to be fair they are all good this week it's our best week in ages well done everyone, and welcome to Jen who lost 4lbs for our team challenge this week!!

Smurf -5lbs 2.81%
Jen83 -4lbs 2.47%
Francesmag -4lbs 2.34%
Thinkthincd -4lbs 2.06%
Soontobelittlegem -3lbs 1.26%

Team Percentage=2.1% our teams best week ever!

XX

Wow well done everyone! That pic looks lovely Gem. Are you settling into your new place yet? You'll have to put up some pics so we can have a look.
I'm quite nervous about weighing in tomorrow as its totm and my scales haven't moved much. I've stuck to plan though so I'm sure it will show next week if not tomorrow on the scales.
My dp is going away to Florida with work for 8 days tomorrow. Lucky for him but means i'll be stuck at home with my 2 babies. I don't drive either so its going to be fun finding something to pass by those long winter days.
I go back to work after my maternity leave in Jan. Thats providing i still have a job as I work for HBOS. I'm just going back 2 days a week, but i'm ready now I want that work life balance.
Why is it that some people can get into a size 12 at my bmi yet I'm still nowhere near. I'd classify myself as a comfy 14 now, but I've still got 1 pair of skinny jeans from primark that are quite tight. I hope its just not me who finds their sizes small.
Sorry for rambling again lol. I'll post my loss tomorrow X x x

Yay, well done us Shrinking Violets! Gem, it really looks like you are gonna make your Christmas challenge easily. Isn't that amazing that 3 months ago you pledged to lose 3 stone and you have done it!

Jen, have you tried M&S for sizes. They might be a bit more forgiving. They have cords for £15 and I have just got into a size 14 (my BMI has just got below 30). What height are you?

I'm 5 foot 4 Frances so not tall which might be why i'm struggling. I can't remember what I weighed the last time I was a size 12 because it was so long ago, but I think it was around 10 stone 7 so still a way to go before i'm that. Thanks for the tip about M&S I'll have a try in their next time i'm in the Trafford Centre.
Wow Gem have you hit your 3 stone off by Christmas already? Thats amazing. Hopefully I will be there in a few more weeks. I have 9lbs to go at the minute, and I don't think tomorrows weigh in will make a big dent in it but heres hoping. X x x

Gem has just 6lbs to go to have gotten 3 stone off in 3 months. I'm not going to quite make it -- got 1 stone 9lbs to go lol, but if I get that 9lbs off I'll be happy enough.

Whereabouts do you live Jen?

Evening all,

Not a lot to report i just wanted to nip in and say hi to everyone.

Jen- My bmi is 28 and i'm still a 16 top and a 16/18 bottom, wondering when it is ever going to go from around my hips/tum! Dresses are fine, my new size 16 is loose, but jeans....not happening still an 18 although i haven't tried any bootcut perhaps that would make a diff.

My cdc has asked me if i would like her to sponser me to become a cdc....i've never even thought about it so i will have to have a chat with hubby and see what he thinks.

1st day on 1000 plan today and i have to say it is like heaven, i know i won't be saying that on sunday when i WI but for now i'm just enjoying the choice!

xxx

Good luck on the 1000 plan Hayley. It will be lovely to have more choice. Its Jeans that I'm having a problem with too. I've got some boot cut jeans that are a low waist from dorothy Perkins in a size 14 and they are fine, but the higher waisted skinny jeans I have from Primark are still tight around the waist. I carry all of my weight around my hips and tummy too, and my chest. I'd definately try some low waist boot cut jeans, I bet you'll easily get into 16's.
Frances I live in Manchester a couple few miles from the Trafford Centre. Wheres everyonr else from? X x x

Lol i'm having the opposite problem, skinny jeans are fine in a 16 as i buy the ones that sit on the waist, low waisted jeans don't go anywhere near. I can't seem to wear them, my flabby baby tum just hangs over the top and its just not a good look!

Hi Frances how are you hun?

Gt - are you still around hun, not heard from you in a while can you let me know how you are getting on.

Have a great day, i'm off to feed the ducks i really do need to buy a hat its FREEZING!

xxx

Jen- 2 and 1/2 is great, no pressure on this team a loss is a loss, you can't help your body's cycle hun. I had a 1 pound loss a few weeks ago on SS even though i'd been 100%. So be pleased with yourself you've done sooo well and you are another 2 lbs lighter than you were last week yay!

xx

Agreed. Do not apologise for a 2 and a half pound LOSS. I often stay the same for goodness same. Well done you!

I am on the South coast, near Brighton. We are hoping to do a team meet in the new year. So hard to think of a place that would suit all of us. I reckon it will be somewhere around London.

Lets make it summer and we can have a holiday lolol sorry but i love love love Brighton! Ooh not even thought about summer....all those nice clothes!

xx

hi ladies ive had a fantastic week lost 6LBS!! and its totm so i am sooo shocked!!..xx

Back