The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Oh Gem you look fantastic :wow::wow:I can certainly see NO belly!!! I can also see why you have been struggling. It is because you look so great that your head is telling you that you don't really need to diet for much longer! How can you not have the confidence to go shopping? You should be skipping down the high street knowing you can try things on in normal shops now! Very soon, I tell you, you won't be able to stop. Once you try on and buy something in a normal shop once there will be no stopping you!

You go for it!

No other results but mine this week so we will leave it, but as you say we're gonna have a great week next week, on!

Wow Gem you look fabio!! Well done sugar!

Well, i had weigh in on thursday and was a little disappointed.
I have stuck at it (SS+) 100% as i always do but only lost 1lbs :cry:Which is kinda poop!

My CDC had to sell me two weeks worth as she is in the middle of moving and advised me to perhaps try SS'ing again to see if it kick starts things again. She also advised that I not have any bars as she feels that may have something to do with the low loss.

I know at the end of the day a loss is a loss but am still somewhat gutted.

However... on the bright side of things...

I'M IN A SIZE 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:
So am currently search eBay of new threads lol

Thanks guys :D

I do feel great now Frances and I would be happy to be this size but it's my weight that is still bothering me. I know it's just a number but I really want to get below 13st. It's going to be a little while, well, if I'm good, I can do it in a couple of months.

Would love to be a size 14 though!!!! x

well done hun that's a great result!!! i'm so looking forward to Tuesday weigh in. hopefully i have undone most of the damage i have done over the previous 3 weeks!!! x

hi guys, have had an extremely busy weekend at work not helped by the hour less in bed between shifts. Have kind of done a half hearted attempts at getting back into SS so not yet in ketosis but have to do this. I'm told the only time you fail is if you don't keep trying but its kind of getting in a cycle here. I will do it, am having WI on wed with CDC so am determined to see some change on the scales by then. Heads not in the right place but am working on it.
Gem, love your new photos, not sure what to tell you about Mike, not the best person to give relationship advice right now even though have managed 19years with no major probs. Things are just going tits up here over the last few weeks, I need to put in some effort to get things back on track
Night owl, how do you just seem to know the right thing to say?

I'm having a bit of a life crisis at the moment with lots of stuff going on, i think i've reached a bit of a turning point realising that I need to get my act together, sort out career, relationship, self image of which weight is a major part. Its not a very comfortable position to be in. Need some me time to sort out what I'm playing at and I never seem to have much of that. Have a few days off together next week which will be filled with catching up on work unless i sort myself out
Am rambling now so am going in the shower. Will be back later
Thanks for the support.

yes I think 2 weeks with no contact is reasonable unless we have said we're away. Yes it would be good to have a full team .

Hey Jayne, sorry to hear that you are going through a bit of a tough time at the moment. I really do know how you feel. Been there. Trying to tackle it all at once can be pretty tough though. Divide and conquer, that's what I always say. Try to separate the the three strands up. You can do little things concurrently to change all three, but I just feel if you lump them all together, when they aren't necessarily related, you are never going to get yourself out that hole. Little steps. Just focusing on doing one 100% dieting day at a time, and before you know it you'll be feeling better about yourself and the other problems in your life will start solving themselves.

It's too late to included in the table, but because we got three results I calculated our team loss at 1.41 for us anyway. The results were very high this week, but at least we wouldn't have got the wooden spoon lol!

Me 0.64% (1lb)
Dana 0.64% (1lb)
angelmouse77 2.7% (5lbs) Our team's Slimmer of the Week! :party0011::party0038:

Dana, don't worry, you are still on track. We are about the same weight and I have found the less you have to lose, the slower the losses. Believe me, I have come to be more than happy with a 1lb recently!

OK, in terms of a headcount, with jen off CD at the moment, it looks like there are five of us actively participating in the team at the moment, which is not too bad. Let's give until Wednesday and see if anyone else turns up.

It looks like sonya is on another team (the March team) and wobbly71 who wanted to join might be off CD due to low blood pressure going by her recent posts, so I have advertised. I also pm'd littlemissspendthrift but heard nothing back. Hopefully someone will come along and introduce themselves soon and then we will be six again!

Hi there, I am Linda and I am looking to join a team, are you still looking for someone?

Yay, yes, we would love to have you Linda. We long to be a full team again! What day do you get weighed on? What part of the country are you in, and is this your first time doing CD? All questions!

So pleased that we are six again, please come on as much as you can and tell us how your week is going.
Frances

Hi all, wow its great to be part of a team, I will probably need tons of support and hope I can give some back. I have never tried CD before although I have tried loads of diets and have always put my weight back on. I am from Essex and would really love to lose my 51lbs in 15 weeks, not sure it is possible but I will do my best. I started CD on Friday, but my CDC only works Wednesday and Thursday normally so my weigh in day will be Wednesday, but unfortunately this week my weight loss will only be for 5 days.... so I hope I lose something.
You are all doing so well, and hope that I can do just as well....

Hi Linda, Jayne here, I'm in coventry and have been trying to get back on to SS for a while now, have been going up and down a bit but have a goal of my wedding anniversary in May (if I remember it - the guys will know what I mean, its in my recent posts) , am coming to the end of my first full day back on ss, and am tucked up in bed well away from the fridge. I want to lose about 30lbs and find the support on here fab. I know that I haven't lost the weight yet but without these guys I wouldn't even be still here trying.
We can all do this - keep coming on here and we'll all support you.

Don't know whether the rest of the team want to do intro's as it would be good just to remind each other what we're up to.

My weigh day is wednesday although this does vary as I work shifts

Jayne :gen126:

Hi Jayne, I know if I was to not do this 100% then I would find it very hard to get back on it, so I know where you are coming from. I have been doing Weightwatchers and low carb for the last 3 months and have managed to lose a stone, but the weight was coming off too slowly, but I didn't give in because I knew that if I did I would be right back to where I started, and what a waste of 3 months. For these first 4 days of CD I have really struggled, but intend to claw my way through the next 15 weeks in whatever way I can.... Sorry to hear that you have problems, I will read my way back through this thread, but best of luck with all your decisions.

hi linda, 100% is what i need to stick to, I've done it before losing 6stone on LL, so I can do it again, good to have you here, stick to it, i'm sure it'll get better, i need a bit of determination thats all
night night
J:nightf:

I've just read back a few pages over the thread and just wanted to say Gemma, you truly are an inspiration, you look absolutely wonderful and what willpower losing all that weight, it makes the weight I need to lose look like a drop in the ocean, and you are so nearly there. As to your problems with Mike, just make sure you flirt with him often so that he can see that you are like that with ALL people including him...
Jayne, what a bummer your OH forgetting your birthday, I would be totally gutted if my DH did that, but I do remember once going away for the weekend to Alton Towers with my ex hubby and some friends and it was my friends birthday whilst we were away, and her husband and children all forgot her birthday, she was very upset too, but we then didn't let him forget it for the rest of the time we were away... dont let this throw you off track, you have done really well, and you are nearly at your goal weight, it will just take a bit more effort, if you give it 100% and it works you will feel so much better in yourself because you will have succeeded that other things will fall into place too...
I didn't mention did I that I have 10 children, although only 5 live at home now, I have a 25, 24, 23, 21, 17, 15, 14, 12, 8 and 6 year old. And believe me when we take the 5 away in our caravan in the summer it is a total nightmare, strangely it is my 15 year old daughter who is the worst too....
Frances, I am 5ft 4 and my goal seems to be around the same as yours, I am aiming for 10 stone, but dont want to look old and haggard (I am 45 in April) so will revise it as I go along, my 21 year old daughter told me yesterday that she would tell me when I get to that stage.... lol
Have a great day all, stick in there and good luck for 100% commitment today...

Hi,
How is everyone today? had my wi today another 5lbs!!!! nearly 2 stone gone now.
Gem is it your wi day as well let us know how you got on hoping for a big loss for you.

Hi angelmouse, I am your new team member... wow well done on your weightloss, that's excellent, everyone in this team are doing so well. I am on day 5 of CD and haven't even managed to get into ketosis yet although I haven't cheated at all.... so starving hungry most of the time. My first weigh in is tomorrow, but it is early as my CDC only works Wednesdays and Thursdays, but hopefully I will have lost something.

Hi there, it's great to read all about you Linda, 10 children, blimey! You will have a good loss tomorrow, so don't worry. So glad that you have completed day one Jayne, please come on and tell us how you are doing as often as you can. And well done Theresa on another whopping 5 pounds off -- you go for it!!

I agree, Linda, Gem (where are you?) is an absolute star. She is the reason I joined this team. I could see that she had such determination and that she would stick at this diet.

I am based near Brighton and have been doing SS+ since June, so my weight loss has been slower, but a little bit more bearable. I am only a couple of years younger than you (42) and I have found that my face is the least affected -- in fact, people tell me I look younger. But I must admit I do have some loose skin on my thighs, arms and tummy and I am working on toning up now. I am told you have to allow a month for every stone you lose (after you have finished losing weight) to allow your skin to recover. But at the end of the day, I am going for a healthy BMI, that is my guide, and at 5,3, 10stone would put me at just under 25 so that is when I will stop. I will just deal with how things look when I get there, knowing that I am a healthy weight again at least.

Can't wait to hear how you get on tomorrow. Somehow I feel this is gonna be a great week for team 10!

Back