The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

hey, it is indeed. A loss is a loss. I bet you'll get a big loss next week which will more than make up for it. Give it time, and keep drinking the water.

Although Gem will be back soon, it is looking like it is just you and me on here. Maybe we should advertise for another member? Let's see what the weekend brings.

Yes it is very quiet on here at the moment and we dont get enough weigh ins to enter the challenge each week.... I think we need another member...

Hi teamies!

I stayed the same last week I'm really sorry for not reporting in it was a CRAZY week!

However... I weighed in this morning and have lost 5lbs.
Last weeks weight was 143lbs and i now weigh in at 138lbs
Whoooooooooop!
5lbs till goal!

YAY!

That is a really good loss, and especially so close to goal too.... good luck to getting to goal really soon...

How are you lovelies doing?

hi gt, lovely to hear from you. We're doing good. Hayley (thinkcd) got down to a weight she was happy with and went up the plans, (soon to be little)Gem has lost 7 stone, and me, 5 stone. Gem's taking a break (both from the diet and a holiday) at the moment but we are expecting her back at the end of the month. How's you? Did you manage to get those last few pounds off and maintain. Hope so. There's always a place for you on the team for you, if you ever need to get back on the wagon for a couple of weeks.
Francesx

Well, even with me staying the same, Linda's and Dana's losses give us a team total loss of 1.32%, which I will post now.

Congratulations to Dana (3.49%), our Slimmer of the Week :party0011:!

Thats not bad.... have got on the scales today and have lost nearly 3lb since last Wednesday, even after going out for a meal yesterday (I was really good and had chicken and salad, although a piece of tomato and pepper sneaked itself into my salad as I hate cucumber and a bowl of lettuce wasn't very appetising).... really pleased with myself though as it means I can eat out and not put on weight.... woohooo, feeling much more positive this week... thanks for supporting me last week Frances when I was feeling so low...

LOL, I hate cucumber too! A bit of chicken and lettuce is never going to damage a good week, or put you out of ketosis. You're doing so well. Glad to see you are feeling more positive.

I've got my CD telephone interview on Thursday! Yay! Then on 13th June I go to Northampton to train as a CDC. Very exciting.

Wow, that is excellent news Frances, I have toyed with the idea of becoming a CDC but will have to put a bit more thought into it... although I would love to help people lose weight as I know what a difference it has made to me...

Wow, how awesome for Hayley, and hope gem is enjoying herself!

Me, well I'm not doing Cambridge again, so I'd only slow the team's losses if I rejoined. I'm going to the gym 6 days a week or so, and just in general watching what I eat.

Sadly, I gained quite a bit of my weight back, but it happened over the course of several months. I left the diet round mid-October, by my remembrance, and I stayed thin right up through February, when I gradually began putting it back on again.

So, I'm starting Herbalife supplement type stuff soon. I think it's like, a shake for breakfast and I have to really watch lunch and dinner? I'll know soon - seeing the trainer today. I decided for me, I need a diet that keeps food in the plan. Otherwise, I'll lose weight but gain it back when food is reintroduced to me.

Glad to see you are all losing and doing so well! :)

Sounds like you've turned into quite a gym bunny GT. So there's something you learned from your slim days. You can eat on CD too you know, on the higher plans, but it sounds like you have got it sorted and will nip your gain in the bud and turn it around.

Good luck, and please do stay in touch. Drop in any time you want a bit of a natter.

Wow, that is excellent news Frances, I have toyed with the idea of becoming a CDC but will have to put a bit more thought into it... although I would love to help people lose weight as I know what a difference it has made to me...

Well, I let you know how I get on and how it all goes. I've just noticed your goal date is my birthday. Maybe I'll come up to Chelmsford and we can have a double celebration lol!

Really, that's a coincidence, wanted to lose the weight by then because that is when the inlaws come over from Australia, and you can do nothing to please Mrs Inlaw... as I am 14 years older than DH she originally said, I dont approve of your relationship you know (plus I had 8 kids at that point), but now our marriage has lasted 10 years, I think she dislikes it even more coz she was wrong.... lol and also because we never agree with her advice..

LOL, You'll sock it to her come July when she clocks your great figure!

Lost a lb, which I'm pretty pleased with (sad I know, but at this stage just seeing the scales moving at all is a thrill).

It is such a shame that so many have gone AWOL on here. Gem will definitely be back at the end of the month, but I'll have a think about what to do.

Well I have lost 4lb this week, so really pleased with that, especially as I ate out over the weekend (but was very very good) and TOTM has made a surprise appearance this morning a week early...
Can we not advertise for a couple of new team members? Good luck with your phone interview tomorrow....

Hi everyone, I've been recruited to your team by night owl.

I've been on CD before, I lost just over 8st last year, but sadly gained most of it back after having an op in October. I'm a week in to my restart, lost 14lbs this week, so I'm a very happy bunny.

I was on team 7 before leaving CD, have been wanting to join a team since I came back last week, but wasn't quite sure how to go about it.

Anyway, I'm in it for the long haul, I don't intend coming off CD till I'm at goal, though I know that'll take a while, I think the results are worth it.

So, if you'll have me, I'm here :D

Woohoo, it is so lovely to have you Andrea. Not just because of your whopping weight loss this week but because I know you are here to stay! You will really inspire us poor strugglers and I promise you buckets of support in return.

So glad that you have recovered from your op fully now.

Are you Sole Sourcing? Linda is, and Gem has lost 7 stone on SS, but I do SS+. Love your slide show. You are doing brilliantly. Hopefully with your first week under your belt you will start thinking about a ticker,and some mini goals you want to achieve this summer.

Hi Andrea, welcome to the team, what an excellent weight loss you have had in your first week. I have been on CD for 8 weeks now, it is the first time I have tried it and it has definately worked for me, I have shrunk from a size 20 to a size 12 jeans and 14 top, so I am a happy bunny and although I still have my fat head on, I am noticing more often that I have slimmed down. Even my ex-Mother in Law who really hates me mentioned to my daughter today that she saw me the other day (I didn't see her) and that I was really slim and looked good.... wow, wonders will never cease, before that she kept telling my pregnant daughter to borrow your Mums tops, she is really fat (my daughter used to tell her that she in fact was larger than me, but ex-MIL never believed her).... I am now doing 810 and am going to start moving up the plans slowly as I only have 16lb left to lose.... (listen to me ONLY 16lb, that would have taken forever on weightwatchers)....

Off to see Nickelback tomorrow night at O2 and am checking out the restaurants to see which ones I can safely eat at, this all takes a bit of forward planning at the moment, then Friday night am seeing Boyzone at Wembley Arena (these tickets were purchased last October for me and daughter but daughter now has a very important University Exam on Saturday and cant come, so DH is having to come with me, cant see him standing up and singing somehow, but we have seats 19 rows from front, dead centre, so didn't want to sell them)...
All the best to everyone and have a great 100% week on whatever plan you are doing...

Back