The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Oooh sorry Frances, was going to Sole Source but have decided to move up to 810 now as I need to start moving up the plans as only have 16lb left to goal...

I'm on SS+ cos I can't possibly do coffee or tea without milk in it. I also some days have a 200 cal meal and skip a sachet.

The slide show is out of date now I'm afraid, I'm almost where I started last year, but I do intend to get down again. I was a size 18 when I left CD, but I'm back in a 26 and I'm so mad at myself for it. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it anymore, I'm back on the wagon and losing again. At least I started before I gained everything back, though I didn't have much more to gain. :sigh:

I have a ticker, I've updated it to reflect my current weight, looking forward to seeing it go down and down.

I'm glad to be here, nice to meet you all and look forward to getting support, giving support and making new friends.

Everyone says CD is harder the second time around.... are you finding this.. (not that I intend to put on weight so that I can lose it again)..... just wondering....

Yeah it's hard, I think cos I had a break it's tough getting back into it. I'm doing ok, but I think it's cos I'm so determined to get this back off. I did it once and I know I can do it again

hi Guys!!!

you lovely peeps got room for another??

Been here since january, SS/SS+'ing and hoping to lose over 8 stones by 01 sep 2009! My old team have kind of fallen apart...and rather than start from scratch, the few of us that were left decided to go our separate ways!! :cry:

I can only offer virtual chocs n champagne as way of a bribe in...... :p

thanks for listening

anni
xxxxx

Hey Andrea! Welcome! I'm an alum?? I guess? Not sure what to call me but I don't want to think of myself as a drop out so...

I'm just a little floating ghost here now. I want to keep in touch with my old mates. :) Yeah - I guess I have become abit of a gym bunny. It's funny - when I joined I HATED it partly because this is the type of gym where like ALL of the members were ripped and perfect gym people. I was defnintely odd one out, and it wasn't the kind of gym where you see a lot of gym drop ins - people who aren't all perfect but come occasionally. Now I love it for that very reason. I walk in, and I feel like I belong there. Everyone knows me, and smiles and says hi, and I'm this member... not megagym member card, but like a member of an exclusive place. It's cool because for them to smile and say hi means I'm a gym person too, and I like to think that way. Also... if ALL of them look so amazing, and the common element is being frequent gymgoers, then it's surely only a matter of time before I'm one of the people that a new member says, "Goosh I hate her! She's so skinny and perfecT!!" And I'm smiling and encouraging them as they gradually get to enjoy hte gym... right? :D

Yes, gt, you are definitely a team 10 alumni and a gym bunny! You drop in when you like as you are always welcome here too, just like the gym.

I love it so much, what you are saying about the gym. D'you know what that says to me? It says that you are different since losing the weight. That it has impacted and changed your life so that you have become more of the person you really are, and want to be. And that's so great! I, too, feel that. It makes me laugh the way I am more active now than my friends, that I am always trying to haul them out on 14 mile hikes and that I will run for a bus when they won't. The shift has been so subtle, like with you and the gym. They don't seem to even notice that there was a time I didn't have that view of exercise.

We're making it ,you know. Without even realising it, we have changed and that is why we will never go back to our old ways and never put that weight back on!

hi frances. just dropping in to say hi. Great to see your hanging in there, have you had your cdc interview yet. I went to the lakes last week and did helvellyn, scafell pike and a few others. Sorry didn't get in touch before, lifes been pretty hectic
weights still a major issue, I'm doing a work challenge at the moment involving getting out more, minimum 10000 steps a day and some other stuff. Do need to get back on the programme but again my heads not there at the minute. Have had a couple of job interviews, was appointable apparently but not appointed (not sure about that one) but am hoping to get a different role here which will involve mon to fri rather than shifts, bit less money as lose shift allowances but think it may be something that will help me get my life a bit more organised.
What you up to - wheres Gem?
jayne

I know what you mean about running for the bus Frances, whenever I run now the boys yell, Mummy's running, not that I didn't run occassionally in the past but I was always aware of all my flat bobbing about so didn't do it nearly as much as now... lol Plus tonight when I go to see Nickelback I can happily leap around with no worries about knocking out the person next to me.... lol

hi Jayne, great to hear from you, and glad to see you are making changes in your life for the better (especially workwise). Funny, I had my CDC telephone interview today, and I am going to Northampton on 13th June for my training day!!!

Envy your walking in the lake district. Still have to get up there, but I am walking the South Downs Way next month (106 miles over 9 days) so that will keep me busy.

Gem is taking a break, both from CD and on holiday. She will be back at the start of June to finish the job. She's done so well.

Linda, maybe we should change are name to something along the lines of the bus catchers now lol! It's great to be able to run when you need to. Only the other day I had to do a 4 minute sprint to catch the train and I made it!

hi anni, please do join us.................there is always room for a regular on here. We very rarely have six results on one week! Love to hear from you as you sound so committed. In return for your enthusiasm we will always be here for you.

Well, thanks to Andrea we have clocked up a team result of 2.80% this week and Andrea is of course our Slimmer of the Week losing 3.78% of her weight :party0011: Well done!

Excellent news.... well done to Andrea too for being our slimmer of the week. I am not going to be doing too well with my weightloss this week, I put on 1lb because I ate out 2 nights in a row (although I did try to make the right choices) and now only .2lb has come off, even though yesterday I was out most of the day so only had 1 shake and my chicken meal, so over the week have still gained .8lb, wonder if it is likely to come off by Wednesday, and also wondering if I should go back to SS 100%, I was so pleased I had introduced food and was still losing too... although I must admit I haven't drunk as much over the last 2 days, so will up my water and make sure I drink over 2.5l over the next 2 days and see what happens...

woohoo slimmer of the week eh? <wiggles>

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days, have had a lot going on with school holidays etc., But I'm back now.

Been a good week, I stuck with it, though there were a couple of days that were really tough to get through. The good news is, I'm back in my size 24 jeans, ok there's some overhang, but that'll go soon enough. 2 weeks ago I couldn't get them on, that's why I came back.

I'm having my wi on Thursday this week, cos I'm having my little baby neice on Thursday morning and as my sis Spooky is my CDC makes sense to just make the one trip up there.

I got an exercise bike last week, have been doing 3 miles a day on it, nothing too strenuous, but just enough to burn some fat up. I'm drinking my 3 litres a day and getting on with it.

woohoo, back into your jeans. That must feel great! I remember the day I got back into my size 18's jeans so well. You'll be there in no time by the sound of things. Keep chugging that water. That is the biggest single thing that can tip the scales, if you are sticking to it, I reckon.

Off to practice what I preach!

I have glugged water for England today in the hope that I will have lost some weight by tomorrow.... if not I am thinking of SSing again for a week...

Guess who's back?

Hey guys!!!!

I have returned and am raring to go!!! Is there still room for me on the team?
Well done on the recent win by the way!!!

Gosh I needed that holiday although my waistline didn't hehe! I am about to update my ticker...it's not going to be good but I have done it once and I will do it again!!! x

Woohoo, welcome back Gem, glad you had a good holiday, and best of luck with your restart....

Thanks hun although it isn't going well so far!!! Getting weighed tomorrow so going to make that my proper restart day. I have eaten for the past two days but tried to cut down on carbs to make the transition easier. One day at a time and all that I think!!! If I could just make it to day 3 I would be fine!!!! I think I need to reward myself. If I make it to day 3, I can buy a new top hehe! Sounds like a good deal to me!!! x

Back