The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

You are not wrong there Greeneyes! I am so nervous, the last thing I want to do is eat for fear of chucking it back up again!!!

I have 8 weeks to pack my life into boxes, find a new house, a part time job and a full time job for Mike. Talk about a challenge. Oh and not to mention that I want to be as close to 14st as I can get before I go!!! :argh:

Hi all. Gem -congratulations on your place at Swansea - what an exciting time for you!!!! Hi Frances - nice to meet you. It's been a mad mad hectic week for me and I'm absolutely shattered. I'm also out of ketosis so now feeling rotten trying to get back into it!!!! My gorgeous husband has made me a vegetable drink and then I think it's bed after Coronation Street!!!! Hope you're all well - not expecting great things tommorrow at my weigh in but I'll let you know!

Speak to you all soon. A x :sigh:

You'll do better than you expect amjane. That's what normally happens to me!

I feel rotten today but I am back at work. Only 8 more weeks of this and then I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Getting back into some serious water drinking now. My CDC wants to see me at 16st 13lbs on Wednesday. That gives me 4 days to lose 6lbs. Hmm...not so sure about that but I think I have a lot of water weight to let go of still so we'll see!!! x

Hi Gem - love your photo -you look fab! Thanks for the vote of confidence but I put on 2lb again this week but it was my birthday and I have been out and had two curries this week - so shouldn't expect miracles!!!! I am really getting stuck into sole source again now and feel better for it already! The key is drinking the water isn't it!?!?! If I haven't had time to drink as much as I should that's when I want to start eating again!!! I've got a litre in so far today but usually by this point I'm at about two litres, so I'm off to get another top up now before I start cleaning. Sorry I haven't contributed to the team loss this week but promise I will next week! I'm off this week so it should be a bit easier - although I am away Tuesday night but by then should be well ketosed and not bothered by food. Then Wednesday I'll be bringing my four new hens home with me so they should keep me occupied too!!!! Have a good weekend all and speak soon. xxx

Thanks Jayne! Was just about to reply and let you know! Please do keep popping on here and letting us know how you are getting on! xxx

i know this is going to get boring but another 2 hours down, 7 hours till hometime and bed, then won't be thinking about it for a few hours

0518 and haven't given in yet, couple more hours and almost time for bed. supping some more water, haven't actually had time to think about food and for a change there aren't hundreds of boxes of chocs around. Some biscuits here but avoiding them

Well done Jayne on staying strong...

I am quite pleased this morning, went to Mother in Laws 50th birthday family get together, she is over from Australia for 1 month and wanted the whole family to get together, so ate totally off plan today except for breakfast, got on the scales today and have only put on .6lb not even a whole pound, so am thrilled to bits, especially as I had an extra piece of cake with cream and then instantly regretted it, so it just goes to show that I can eat off plan without totally blowing my diet... am nearly at goal now (well I am by my scales) so need to maintain rather than go all out to lose weight.

Well done Jayne! I hope you made it to the end of the shift x

Also well done Greeneyes although at first I misread that and thought you were pleased about putting on 6lbs!!! Dur!

Well today is really hard for me. I can't stop thinking about food. I'm guessing the water flavourings have kicked me out of ketosis again but I am not going to test as I would much rather fool myself into thinking I am still in it!

I really need to get glugging the water. My CDC wants me to lose 5lbs by the time she sees me on Weds. That's 3 days to lose 5lbs...I know I can do it because I am still retaining tonnes (okay maybe not tonnes) of water!

I'm so stressed trying to get things sorted for when we move. I'm panicking about it all now but the last thing I want is to still feel fat when I get there!!! I would be happy to get to 15st because I felt much more confident there. That would suit me as in interim target. That's what I have set my ticker at. Anything more is a bonus!

Sorry for the waffle!!! x

thanks Gem, I did get to the end of the shift, also didn't hit the fridge after work, just ran in kitchen made quick cuppa for me and DH and jumped into bed. Have been up since 2 (sounds well lazy but didn't get into bed till 9) hitting the water hard, and just having a delicious choc mint shake while worrying about the night out on tues (think I'm going to come up with something holding me up and tell them I'll meet them there and make sure its too late to eat, but just have some sparkling water. Its too early to be adding a meal, I'm hoping to be getting into ketosis by then)

Getting sorted for tomorrow and my new role, trying to find something to wear that fits, I've got a big box of clothes that I had to put in the loft varying from size 10 to 16, can't wait to get back into the 16's - off the peg george at asda.

think that although in 18-20 should be bigger but not contemplating that

going to do some work now

thanks for all the support,

J

Well done Jayne!

Good plan about avoiding the meal out. That's what I would do. I have tried sitting there when people are eating out and I just can't do it. I feel stupid for one! At home it's different because it's usually only one person eating in front of you.

I have managed to drink 3l of water since 12 and have been peeing for England!!! Good sign! x

i know what you mean. if I get to friday i do have more of a challenge, A very kind good friend of ours saves any lottery winnings she has (currently standing at £73) and loves to take 3 of us out for meal as her treat (she is extremely overweight with diabetes and heart disease and I can't convince her that going out for a meal is not always a treat. Anyway she has has booked a nice restaurant for 1830 on friday. Plan at the moment (bearing in mind this is only day 2 and there are plenty of wagons to cling on to before friday) is to skip starter and dessert and hope theres fish or chicken and to do an atkins. Am worrying about it but to let her down would be worse. Any suggestions?

Glad the waters going down well , i keep on piddling

Stick to your protein foods and avoid the carbs and you should be okay. Try not to kick yourself out of ketosis because that's when you will fall of the wagon x

have sorted stage one ticker, you know me, i like loads of little steps but for now I'm going to get to next weekend, just taking the pressure off and then deciding what to do next
bit nervous and apprehensive about tomorrow with new role. will be reporting back
if in a couple of weeks I've cracked it I'll look out for a space on the team, if I don't join yet then I'm not letting anyone down but myself

Baby steps. I am aiming for 15st first and then will see how I get on. So far my scales are showing a 3lbs gain!!! Not happy!!! And I have been 100%!!! Thinked I retained some water while I was ill though.

Two more days to get to 16st 13lbs! Argh!!! x

Frances, where are yooooooooou??? And you amjane??? x

I wouldn't worry about the supposed gain Gem, this happens to me a lot of the time but tends to sort itself out by WI day..... it used to upset me alot and I used to moan to DH I have been really good why are the scales going up, but now I am used to it, it doesn't really bother me as I know I have to lose if I stick to it 100% so stick to it Gem, I bet you have another good loss this week.

Jayne, keep up the good work and I never realised you has left the team, less than 6 people post on here now so I guess you can count yourself into the team, and think positive, you CAN stick with this if you want it badly enough, and therefore you wont let yourself or us down...

Frances said that she would see us on Tuesday when she last posted on Friday, so maybe she has gone walking.

Back