The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Aww bad news about the car!!! I hate cars sometimes! Too much expense but soooo convenient!

I think I will have a hot shower and sit in bed and read a book when I get home! x

Hi guys - how we all doing? Gem you are doing so well - water really is the key withthis diet!! I had another hypnotherapy session this week where she made me develop a red circle to signify strength and to step into it when I feel weak. Had a little moment today but I was starving. I'm very premenstrual - can this make a difference to hunger even when you're in ketosis? But hey ho, draw a line under it and on we go! I'm loving being slimmer - can now get into 2 out of 4 pairs of size 14 trousers. I think I'll set my goal for 4lb this week, and my mini goal for tommorrow will be to drink 4 litres of water (been at about 3litres for the past two days) and have only soups or shakes (not even a diet bar!). Tommorrow night is amateur dramatics so I'll try and drop in on Thursday. Linda - good luck with your car. When I get five minutes to figure out how I'll change my ticker strip too! Bye for now x

Thanks hun!

I have done it! A whole day 100% and I am sitting in bed now and have no food around me and could not be bothered to go and get any even if I wanted to!!! Yay me!!!

I'm so proud of myself :D x

Woohoo, well done Gem, excellent news, now for your second day of 100%, start glugging the water now, I have...

I managed to lose 0.8lb this morning which takes me below what I was before I blipped, so pleased with that, my WI is a day late this week so wont be until tomorrow, so hopefully I will lose a bit more and get to goal this week... fingers crossed for me.

As I am going on holiday Saturday, my period is due early next week, I finish taking my pills on Friday, but am going to be taking the next pack straight away to hopefully stop my period, Doctor said this was okay last week, but does that mean i will get the fluid retention or will the fluid retention not happen? Dont want to have it for a whole month... lol

Not really sure about that hun :confused:

I haven't drunk any water yet but I will get going now.

I feel really washed out and tired today. Had to get up early as well as my brother came round to fix the car. Found out I need new HT leads and new brake pads AND two new tyres. I hate cars!!!! :mad:

Wow! 1.5l in under an hour...I've really pulled my finger out!!!

Set myself tonnes of mini challenges (in my sig) to keep me focussed and that feels great! Breaking it down a 1st at a time! I have set my goal 2lbs lower because I want to get into the Normal BMI range. My goal date is 31st January as I have allowed for taking longer due to moving up the plans. Means I should be moving up at Christmas which will be good because I can have some turkey. I don't want to be SSing through Christmas again like last year but if I have to I bloody well will!!! I am so determined!!!!!

Woohoo Gem on your determination. Every day you achieve 100% the more determined you will be. Well done on the 1.5l, I have drunk just over 2l now and still slurping...

Took car to guy who yesterday evening said he would fix it for us, so drove for nigh on an hour to get it there, he said hmmm, dont have the time to rebuild it, will see if I can get another gearbox, but guess what he couldn't, so he couldn't fix it and we need it by Friday... so sat and rang a couple more numbers we had and one said to take it there, they would look at the gearbox and if they couldn't fix it (as their branch does automatic gearboxes), the would send it to their London Depot to be rebuilt by Friday... good good. But when we got there the guy said we will take it apart and let you know the score in a little while (that was over 2 hours ago) and we haven't heard, so dont even know if it is going to be fixed now.... have decided if we cannot have the car back in time we will just take 2 cars and go in tents as our Pastor has offered to lend us his car, he has even said he will tow the caravan for us if he has too... lol All is not yet lost.
Keep up the good work Gem, I also think in reply to your post on the other forum, that at that weight you will probably be a size 10/12.

Cor I would love to be a size 10/12!!! Don't think my hips will allow it though. We shall see!

I hate cars! I know I keep saying it but my brother came and fixed the suspension spring today but he also pointed out that I need new front brake pads, new HT leads and 2 new front tyres. ALSO!!! The clutch on my second car needs replacing!

So much for saving to move! At this rate I will have to spend all my savings on the cars! Wouldn't be so bad if we only had one but due to work we need two :(

It never rains but it pours for us!!!

Just finishing off my 3l. I am quite liking the water now. I also feel freezing so hopefully ketosis is on its way. I did test this morning rather optimistically but no pink :( i'll try again tomorrow because the first time I did CD, I was in on the morning of day 3. I haven't been in ketosis since before Christmas so this is an achievement in itself!!! x

You know what Gem, I never thought I would be a size 12 on top due to my American Footballer size shoulders, but even to the surprise of my Mum, they have disappeared and I am anything between an 8 and 12 on top now, depending on where I shop...

Yep I hate cars too, they rang to say they are having trouble sourcing the parts and so it is likely it wont be ready Friday so not sure what we will do yet, also the guesstimate of the price was £500 + parts + VAT..... so not good. I am now on my way to 4l too, but need to go to a meeting later, so a bit wary of drinking too much as I will need the toilet halfway through.

That's what's worrying me! Am stalling on my last bottle because I have to take Mike to work and don't want to have to keep stopping for toilet breaks!!! Think I will just get it drunk and suffer the consequences otherwise I will be staying up late drinking it all!!! x

i have never been so pleased to taste metal in my mouth but whoopeeeee!!!!! i think i'm in ketosis! will test tomorrow to make sure but i am 99% sure! x

I've done it! Another day 100% and not even been tempted to cheat! I am going to do it this time!!!! x

Oh Gem I am so pleased for you! Yipee! I put on a lb! TOTM! Boo! So fed up with teetering around the same weight for soooo long, but I suppose it means at least I am not really gaining while I struggle to lose this last bit.

Don't you worry about your hips Gem, you really will be a size 10. I too thought all my life that I had big child bearing hips. Not so! They really are tiny. I even got into a size 8 the other day! Me!

Back to boring old work but at least I can go to bed at midnight as I don't have deadline for the morning! Yay! Only had 2 litres of water today. Booo. Must try harder tomorrow.

Frances, I don't want to hear all those boos from you lol!

No ketosis for me today. Really annoyed because I have been so good and I really thought I'd be in it today. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow!!!

I just can't imagine being a size 10! My mum has said I should not go any smaller than a size 14 as "I wouldn't look right". Personally I think she just doesn't want me to be smaller than her (she's a 12/14). She loves me to bits but she doesn't think sometimes. I remember her giving me clothes when I was younger and saying "This might fit you, it's massive." She didn't mean to be nasty but she just doesn't think how that would make me feel. She meant it was massive on her!

My sister is going the same way as me. She has always been a bit chubby but she is getting bullied and she went through a stage where she wouldn't eat. It's heartbreaking. I think she is dealing with it well now but I know I used to give that impression too. I try to spend as much quality sister time with her as I can to make sure she knows that as she gets older, she will find real friends who won't care if she is a little bit chubby and that she will probably slim down as she gets older (she is slimming down already). I'd hate to think of her as getting an eating disorder or something :cry:

I often wonder what it would be like if fat people were accepted as normal and slim people were regarded with disgust! x

Well done Gem on your 100% day, haven't started on my water yet today as I am being weighed soon and dont want to add that to my weight, I just wanted to drop that last 1lb but dont think it is going to happen this week.... poo!! My own fault for losing it over the weekend I guess, although I am now having trouble making up my mind, I am thinking maybe I should get into the 9 stones, but not sure if this is because once I reach goal I have nothing to aim for or whether I really need to lose that extra bit of weight.... have a good day all, keep up the hard work Gem, you will soon be in ketosis so dont worry, I never ever had that little pink ketostix, well I did very first thing in the morning, then it would disappear... and I didn't do too badly.... take care all

Linda, you have everything to aim for! You have a lifetime of maintenance to aim for. Focus on that and enjoy life as a slim person. If you feel you want to lose more then go for it but I think you look fantastic! x

Craving Ribena...

Am drinking my water and imagining it smells of Ribena. I am really craving it today!!!

Argh! I'm so cheesed off with work. Only 32 more shifts, 384 more hours of stress! It's funny how you can suddenly hate your job when you know the end is nearing...

I will probably keep posting today to keep me occupied. It's so boring here as no-one comes to speak to me unless they want something! x

Awww chin up Gem, I remember giving up my job and hating the last few weeks, not sure why that happens when you didn't have a problem with it before. I have just wound down my crafting business, I ran a couple of clubs, placed orders for everything once a month and posted it out to people, and the last month I did it it was such a chore, I just couldn't motivate myself to do it but before that I loved it.... very strange.
Still down on my water, have been weighed, tidied house and am now ironing.... good news I HAVE LOST THAT PESKY 1LB and am now at goal before my holiday... plus my CDC although she is giving up has said she will order me some more Cambridge supplies as a couple of other women also want supplies, so will have another WI 5th August, so see what damage I have done on holiday.

Had good and bad news about the car today, it will definately be fixed by tomorrow afternoon but the cost will be £900 + VAT.... so that is over £1000 I cannot believe it...

Gosh that's a lot to fix a car Linda!!! Well done on losing that pesky pound!!!

:talk017:

happyway, if you wait for Frances to pop on later, she'll let you know if we have a space. I think we do but not 100% sure x

Back