The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Where are you all??? You left me all day on my own!! How could you?!!?? Teehee only joking!

Been a bit slow on the water today as had major stress at work but I am treating myself to a 1.5l bottle with some Summer Berry in (and some Fibre 89 but that's another story) so it will be gone quick enough!

Work is sooo stressful at the moment! We don't have enough staff to cover all the shifts and since I write the rotas, it's up to me to find cover. It's like they expect me to magic a security guard out of my bottom!!! Now that would be a feat! Will be nice being a student and just focussing on me for a while. I seriously can't wait!!!!

How is everyone doing today??? x

I have been good today, have managed just over 4l of water and ate everything according to plan in the yellow book... Wonder where Frances is today..

well done Linda!
my scales are still only showing a measly 5lbs loss which is annoying because usually i lose 12lbs in my first week but it's not looking good so far! think TOTM is looming aswell and i feel really bloated. typical! x

I'm here! Been working that's where I've been. Another stinky deadline for Monday.

Gem, I've pm'd you my email addy. You must email me as even if I am not on here you can guarantee I am never far from my computer and I have my emails open all day.

Happyway, of course you can join our team! It would be great to have someone committed enough to come and find us, and as far as I can think we are still not a full team -- regular posters are me, Gem, Linda, Amanda and Jayne (do shout if I have left anyone out) -- so with Happyway we would finally be a full team! We are a very friendly and very determined lot, with staying power you wouldn't believe! So tell us a bit about yourself and post away as often as you like. Just need your weigh-in (weight before weigh-in and how much lost) at the weekend (you can post on here or pm me, although I think you have to post 50 times before you can pm so you will have to just tell me on here for now).

Yay go Team 10! Hit the water.

Have a great holiday Linda and try your best to put the hit out of your mind -- you got the car sorted!

Happyway, welcome to the team, look forward to hearing all about you and your journey and I hope that we can be here to support you through your journey....

Frances, I haven't got my car back yet, but they have promised it back tomorrow sometime, so hoping that they follow through on this promise. Have been popping out each evening trying to buy the bits I need for the holiday using hubbys car... just remembered after having already gone to Tesco tonight that I would really like a non stick wok to take with me, so will have to pop there again tomorrow night or sooner if the car comes back to me..

Hi girls - welcome happyday. Gem - be proud of yourself - 5lbs off is not only 5lb lighter but it's the 5lb you'd have put on if you'd been eating ... and you've had a bit to deal with this week!!!! Well done on what you've acheived ... take baby steps forward and you'll still get to your destination. Good luck x I've been busy busy busy this week. Dashing off to Stoke this morning for a meeting which means I'll struggle to get my water in (can't be getting up in the meeting every two minutes for the loo) which is always then a danger time for food!!!! I'll have a pint now, then a bottle of water during the meeting and one as soon as its finished - that will give me 1.5 litres by lunchtime. I'm covered in bruises today - I think I'm generally clumsy anyway but keep misjudging tables and things and walking into them!!! I went for a coffee yesterday with my sister and I queued while she got a table. Managed to stick to just a black coffee - yay!!!! When we sat down she said I thought I'd better sit this side because I didn't think you'd fit (it was a bit of a tight squeeze) and then she laughed and said but obviously she realised now I would and that because I'd been overweight all my life she still expects me to be and forgets I'm now slim (mer)!!!! We had a chuckle. I still park like I'm huge - always trying to make sure I've got loads of room to get out the car!!!!! Have a good day all - I should be able to post my weigh in by Saturday evening, so please wait for me this week! (Probably gain now I've said that!) - lol !!!!! PS. Good luck with the car Linda - when do you go on holiday? Amanda xxxx

Thanks amjane!

Welcome happyway!!!

I am still not in ketosis according to the sticks but I am wondering if perhaps I am and the ketones are too diluted to show up? I mean it's day 4 and I have not cheated once (and I totally haven't this time!!! So proud of myself!)!!! I might email my CDC and ask her opinion. I don't feel hungry but I have no other signs of ketosis.

The scales this morning say....7lbs loss!!! Whoop! Things are moving in the right direction! I would be happy with at least a 7lbs loss but I was really hoping to get into the 16s which would mean a 10lbs loss...I'm working on it!

Work again today so will be hanging aroung on here all day. Am so sick of the stress of work now! The wages department has cocked up and a load of people haven't been paid (I have luckily and so has Mike) so I am getting tonnes of phonecalls complaining about wages and it's nothing to do with me but the office staff are too lazy to take calls so I have to deal with it! What kind of office staff don't answer the phone!?!?? :mad:

I feel really fat and bloated and I swear I have got bigger! Trying to avoid measuring myself in case I have. Am sure it is just TOTM bloat :confused:

Like I said, I will be around all day so pleeeeeeeeeeeeease feel free to natter away! x

Guess I had better start glugging water as I wont be able to drink as much next week.... have had a loss on the scales this morning, probably due to actually having been to the toilet. This is probably TMI but ever since I have been on Cambridge Diet I have been unable to "go", have tried psyllium husks, and even taken a sennokot and then a sennokot extra each night.... nope, the only thing to shift it is dulcolax so I am taking them every other day which isn't good, but I am eating almost normally now and still nothing happens, I feel really ill if I leave it 3 days waiting to see if anything happens, so bit stuck at what to do now, I know it is bad to take laxatives all the time, any help greatly appreciated. I also eat granary bread, eat muesli, lots of fruit, so loads of fibre in mydiet too....
Not sure if I mentioned it on here before or in my diary on maintenance, I am thinking of trying to get to nine and a half stone as I feel I may still have some fat to lose, but as that is 9lb away on my scales and 12 on my CDCs am wondering if I should go back to SS+ to lose these last 9-12lb and then work up the plans doing each plan for 3 days.... the thought of only losing 1lb a week the way I am going it will take nearly another 3 months to lose this weight.... any help on this please? I am thinking it would be easier to SS+ through my holiday as cooking in the caravan is a bit of a pain anyway, I would have the 4 shakes a day, I have enough to do 10 days worth which I think would nearly take me to when I see my CDC again... opinions please...

Also thought I would add that I wont be able to weigh myself whilst away either, so hopefully would be a good surprise when I get back....
Keep up the good work Gem, my ketostix never showed I was in ketosis either but I obviously was so I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you aren't hungry thats okay, you will still lose weight as you have found out on the scales today.

AmJane, I go on holiday tomorrow, fingers crossed the car will be fixed today as they did promise yesterday that it would be.... just need to find someone to take me to pick it up now as hubby wont be home until after they shut.... I have asked my mum and she did say yes, but that was before I had to ask her to take my daughter and grandson into hospital today as I was supposed to do it but have no car...

Linda, you aren't meant to do SS/SS+ with BMI under 25 so why not do 810? You can still expect to lose 3lbs a week (ish). x

Aaah yes you are right Gem, I thought it was just SS, but have looked in the book and it is SS and SS+... yes could do 810 instead, will look into it. Just thought the shakes would make life easier.

Well you still have the safety of the shakes on 810 but with the added bonus of a small meal. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose (well except some lbs hehe!) x

hello team! thanks a lot for your warm welcome and support. a little about myself. i was on CD last year and lost 2 and half stone and maintained it for a year. i had my gall bladder surgery 3 months back and and now when i have recovered, i wanted to get rid of my remaining extra weight so joined CD again last week. Today is Day 10. My CDC see me after 2 weeks so the official weigh-in day is next tuesday but i have checked that i have lsot around 6lbs in my first week. My starting weight was 157.7 and my current weight is 150.6. I am aiming to lose around 2 stone in total to reach my goal weight. and i am determined that i will get rid of this extra weight soon with all of your support:)

You'll get there, happyway (what's your name btw?) as you sound so very determined to crack it this time. You've done this before so you know this diet works and that you have just got to stick to it.

Linda, I am still on SS+ (3 shakes and a green and white meal). I have taken the CD Fibre69 powder every day with my porridge and my shake and have been fine.Recently I have switched to FibreSure from Boots as it is slightly better value -- again I have two teaspoons a day. Also I probably have more than the three spoons of veg each night -- usually cabbage/brocoli or cauli as I think that helps. I can see your point that by taking 4 shakes a day you don't have to worry about cooking but do have a bit of tuna or chicken with some lettuce when it is available. I find it makes very little difference weight loss wise.

Good luck over the weekend everyone. I'll tot up any losses Sat night probably.
F

well another day done on SS! yay me!!!! 2 more days and it will all be worthwhile! can't wait to see the result! xxx

hi guys, sorry I haven't been around, its been a manic week, am willing to put up with all this work for a month into my new job to catch me up with everything and to find out all I need to know but have to draw the line then and have some structure my week
Fell off the wagon last weekend and haven't got back on but stayed the same weight. So am not surprised and am quite please
well done on getting to goal Linda, welcome to happyway. Gem thats fantastic that your sticking to it, don't worry about the pee stix, if your sticking to it then it doesn't matter and you know that. Great advice as usual Frances. If i've forgotten anyone then i'm sorry
Will try to get on here more this week, am determined to get home before 9pm at least twice this week. Went to blood donors on friday at 5pm, so gave me an excuse to get away from work, it looked like a scene out of casualty with fainting people all over the place, good job i've been loads of times before, think i'd have turned round and left otherwise, Wonder if it was the time of day, Bizarre
I survived anyway. Will be back on later, am still trying to the organisational chart on the pc that I was doing last week - not succeeding, can't figure out how to get rid of the damn boxes
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Hello everyone. Just wanted to post my loss - I'm now 12st 3lb with a loss this weekk of 5lb!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!

Gem well done with everything - keep it up! Everyone else I'll catch up with you on Monday night when I've got a bit more time. Have a good weekend xxx

Woohoo Amanda on your weightloss this week. Gem I am sure you will soon be in ketosis if you aren't already. I am posting this from my iPhone sitting in my caravan. Quite pleased with my meal choices today. Keep strong over the weekend Gem you can do it.

I'm still 100%! Yay me!!! Got not internet at work this weekend booooooooo! Will catch up tomorrow night when I have more time. About to go out! x

Back