The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

How's it going? So far so good? I'm just back from the gym and I didn't have any C yesterday! I go to the gym most days now because I find it harder to do if I have a day or two off. I have Sundays off though. I go on the treadmill for 30 minutes and have started doing a mixture of walking uphill and running on the flat. I jog for about 10 minutes in the 30 -- 3 minutes is the longest I jog for in one go LOL. Know I should increase that gradually but I like it as it is. Some days it is the longest ever 3 minutes and I struggle to keep going to the end of it.

Keep strong Gem, you're nearly there now.

Having a Chocolate Mint shake and thinking of you. Sending lots of positive vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes: Hope you are doing OK, Gem.

Day 2 of NO naughty stuff for me! Yay!

Hello, me again! Anybody here? LOL. Went to the gym again today. Just gotta get through this evening for DAY 3 of staying COMPLETELY on track.

hi all, sitting here getting fatter, and will at some point crack it, not right now though, another new job and still taking stuff on. Hope that in the long run it will mean a few more rungs up that ladder. Do need to get back on cd and think about it everyday. Am about to cancel gym membership as am working 0730-2100 most days. Still go walking when i get the chance, did bleaklow last weekend in horizontal hail and stepped into the equivalent of a bog. Too busy laughing to worry about being covered in mud, but it was even in my knickers. Boots are drying nicely for this weekend. Think I'll save my 25 quid a month, walk to work and take the pressure off.

Good on you gem for getting back on it, good to know your still hanging in there frances. Will pop back in over the weekend to see how your getting on

J

hey Jayne, great to hear from you. Like I said, your place on this team is here for ya whenever you're ready. Congrats on the new job and loved reading about your walk! I must say you are sounding positive, despite all, and the fact that you keep popping on here makes me think that you are not that far away from taking control again. It does sound like you probably don't need the gym (I pay £30 a month!) as you get out there in all weathers and walk, so maybe, one day soon, that money could go towards CD??!

Hang in there, maybe just try low carbing and making sensible choices for now. That with the walking should at least keep your weight stable, if not help lose some. Always remember, you are in complete control of what you choose to eat. If you feel you are going to make a bad decision because you are hungry, a quick cuppa helps take the edge off so you can think clearly, and CD or not, there is no reason for not sipping water and keeping up the good habits.

Good luck, wish you lived closer so I could go walking with you!
Fx

Hi guys

I will be starting CD next week and wondered if you had space for another to join?

Been on LL for 3 weeks and finding it tough and expensive.
Going to do the 810.

Finding it hard to navigate my way around the CD forum as there is sooo much of it.
Hope i have put this in the right place:D

Hi Sunshine, would love to have you on board. Been doing CD SS+ (which is very similar to 810, just a bit less protein but to be honest I had trouble eating all the tuna fish they allow you on 810!) for over a year now can probably answer any questions you have. LL is more expensive because of the group CBT counselling they give you, whereas CD just gives you the packs and you come on here to sort your head out! Well done on the 20lbs. You don't seem to have set yourself a goal. How much do you want to lose? 810 is a great plan. I lost most my weight at about 3lbs a week. Just s-l-o-w-e-d greatly for the last stone or so.

I promise you, stick to 810 and there will be an After! I have lost 5 and a half stone on SS Plus. Drink plenty of water, and get yourself used to the plan -- doing something for 21 day creates a habit remember. Don't worry about exercise just yet, wait until you have got the diet sussed and lost a bit.

Hope to hear from you soon. If you click on Quick Links you should find that you are subscribed to this thread now and it will show on the list everytime someone has added to the thread.

Good Luck on your CD journey. If you can post you weekly weight losses here before Sunday (6pm at the latest) that would be great, although we need 3 results from the team to enter the weekly challenge.

Thanks N-O

I'm not too sure about a goal as yet. Probably be happy to get into a size 12 clothes. Maybe 10.5 - 11st.
3lb a week would suit me fine tbh.

I am on day 25 at the mo and still sticking to it so will hopefully have a good loss when i get weighed on Thurs at my first meet with my CDC.

I just got engaged last month so that was really my incentive to lose the weight.
I had been thinking about it for a while but my head wasn't in the right place but it is now.

I have a meeting with a CDC next thurs so will be starting it then.
Will i stay in ketosis on the 810?
Are you allowed to cook the veg that is allowed?
Can you add spices to the chicken?
Will i get a simple to follow plan from the CDC?

I really don't know that much about it at the mo so any forward planning and help would be much appreciated.

Will post my losses but first weigh in on CD won't be for almost 2 weeks.

you are well gonna reach your target. Only 8lb to go.
Well done.

Hi :)
Just started the Cambridge diet today and was wondering if there was a space on your team as I'd love to join :)

Hi walkerscrisps, what's your name, I can't call you that, much as I used to love 'em, you are most welcome to Team 1. Are you Sole Sourcing or doing SS+ or 810?

Sunshine, you will get into ketosis with 810 but don't worry to much about that. CD is a vcld and it works. I have long stopped checking and worrying about ketosis. The only good thing I've heard about being in ketosis is that peeps who are Sole Sourcing say they feel less hungry when they get there.

You will get a list of allowed foods on 810 on Thursday, but as I say the amount of tuna and protein is huge and I find it hard to eat it all. Basically you are allowed a bit of green veg with your protein. They say three tablespoons by I just make sure I keep it at a small portion -- you try measuring 3 tablespoons of broccoli. I tend to mainly eat turkey (I buy fresh turkey breast joint, take the butter and the skin off and roast it and it lasts me 3 days) with either broccoli, cauli or cabbage. Or I will have a tuna salad with lots of rocket and lettuce. I also make "cauliflower cheese" sometimes by mixing cauli and cottage cheese and putting it under the grill. When I have to eat out I always beg for Indian and have tandori chicken and lettuce -- it usually comes with lettuce, if not you can just ask.

Congrats on your engagement. You'll get there, you really will. Just drink plenty of water and keep coming on here every day -- those two things alone I am convinced keep me on the straight and narrow.

Frances

Yay :) Thank you, my name is Abby :) sorry about the crisps thing, lol. At the moment I'm on sole source till I get my BMI down to 25, then I can start introducing food. My CDC said I could get to my goal by Christmas!! So happy, lol, now I just need to make sure that happens, lol. :)

hi Abby
Your username doesn't bother me. Crisps don't tempt me, it's the :17729:that gets me every time. But you can change your user name anytime you want you know. Just pm Pierce if you think of one you like more.

You will do it. And having a goal for Christmas is great. We are all trying to have our Slimmest Christmas ever on here.

Let's go for it. When's your weigh day? I weigh on Wednesdays and I think Sunshine is starting on Thursday.

Hehe, same with chocolate too, although I have a supply of chocolate shakes to keep me going. And thanks :) I'm sure I will now I have other people to talk to about it, everyone here is so nice its amazing, lol :)

My weigh day is Wednesday aswell, so that should be perfect. :) Although I don't think I'm getting weighed next Wed as I only started today so it'll be like a week and a half into it. So excited, lol :)

Hi guys and welcome to all the new people. Well guess what?! Restart didn't work again!!!

So tomorrow is Day 1. I am at home all day on my own so should be okay!!! I am so annoyed at myself!!!

I really need you guys! I hope you will be around this weekend? xxx

Hiya, just wondering whether you have any spaces?
I'm restarting- on day 1, looking for support and promise I'll post daily! :)

hi catssseyes, welcome on board. It's been a bit quiet on here lately (hello Gem!) so I'm not saying no to anybody. Three newbies, me and Gem (who are really going for it, aren't we!) and then Linda or Jayne popping on will be great -- although both have offered to stand down if neebe.

What's your name catssseyes? Are you Sole Sourcing. Glad to hear you've got through day one. Good luck on your restart and come on here as much as you can, it really helps keeps us all focused.

No reason why you can't get weighed on Wed even though it won't be a full week. I'm sure there will still be a little loss. But if you would rather wait and get a bigger surprise the following week, that's fine too. Do what feels right for you, always.

And so to Gem! HELLO. So glad to see you back. I had sort of guessed that all was not well because of your silence. All is forgiven as always, I know it's so hard to get your mojo back. Wish we could go out and buy a box of it sometimes. How many days did you do? Surely your next aim is to get past the point you buckled last time, and then build on that. What I have learned is, and here are my top three tips:

1. Log on to this thread every day, at least once. It really does help to report in.

2. Take one day at a time. Forget the big goal. Each morning your only goal is to have a perfect CD day. As I have admitted, I had taken to doing a perfect CD day and then having a bar of you know what in the evening, and my weight loss had s-l-o-w-e-d to a flipping halt. Got so fed up with it so after seeing my CDC on Tuesday (cos of half term, usually a Wed) I had a firm chat with myself and banned the sweet stuff. Tuesday evening was soooo hard, Wednesday hard again, but Thursday was OK, and tonight I had to go to Asda to get sparklers for my niece and I very nervous as I walked up but to my surprise I found I didn't feel like having any. The thought of eating even made me feel a little bit queasy! OMG! Have I cracked my chocolate addiction???? I even picked up a Ripple in the shop while waiting to be served. Worked out the calories (about 172cals coz they don't put it on per bar) and put it back again! THEN, an hour later, I was told more kidz were coming to her Halloween party so I had to go back up and buy more sparklers. And I still didn't crack! Yay!

3. And lastly, drink as much water as you can. Always have a glass handy and finish one every time you think of it. I have found that my best losses are when I manage about 3 litres over a day, especially in a hot country. I lost 5lbs back in April when I was in Egypt!

Hope all this waffle helps someone. Hang in there Gem. Going up to my sister's tomorrow for said Halloween party but will try and log on there and say hello.
night all,
Frances x

Hi all, thanks for letting me in!
My name is Helen, I'm 32 and a Primary School teacher.
I basically lost almost 5 stone from December to May, then stayed the same til August when we got married in Florida. Since then, I've put back on a stone and a half, and am fed up, so have to get it off!
Hoping for 6 wks sole source, then move up the plans and keep it off for good this time.
Today is day 2. Have woken up feeling positive, but then made my porridge- couldn't stand the smell and was almost sick when I tasted it, so have split a pack of choc mint. Have managed to force that down, and will have the rest a little later.
It's so funny how your tastes change- I used to live off the porridge and now I can't face it. Suppose it will be going back on Wed when I get weighed!
Thanks for letting me join in!
Helen x

Welcome Helen!

Thanks for the advice Frances. I didn't even get through day 1 and that is why I haven't been posting. Too ashamed!!!

I have 6 weeks worth of tetras and they go out of date in January. I don't want to throw them away as money is so tight so I am going to use them and use them wisely!!!

I am not thinking about goals, just going to take it week by week. Perhaps set myself a goal for each week and work towards that. After that, I don't know what I will do as I really cannot afford to carry on with CD.

But will cross that bridge when I come to it.

If we can get this team to be as chatty and busy as it was at the start, I think that will help a lot!

Have fun at the party! I wish I was doing something for Hallowe'en. Haven't even got a pumpkin this year! :( x

Thanks Gem! I will try and post a lot- pretty obsessive at the mo with the whole CD thing! It's day 2 of my restart, so I am with you all the way! xx

LOL, I hollowed out a turnip for old time's sake. We never had pumpkins when i was growing up in Belfast.

Gemma, you must never be ashamed to come on here, and you know that. See how one bad day escalated into 10. You know we understand exactly how hard it is and we are here to support and help no matter what. Don't even think of weeks, as I said, just take one day at a time. Today you only need to think about getting to tomorrow morning on SS. That is all. Then you can strike off day one! That's something worth having. Small steps.

Off to scare the living daylights out of 7 screaming 8 year olds!
Speak later

Back