The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Morning love the nail art kelly wow!! very pretty, as i said the 8 lbs will soon disappear hun.!

XX

Thanks Hun, ;)
I have a Nail Art Album on Facebook, Check out myAnimal Print Nail, They are my Fave. x

Mainly water retention I imagine, from eating carbs. It can come off as fast as it went on, if you take action quickly.

Loving the nails!

Thanks.. Its just so hard getting back into it, I know I can do it, Just not 100% :(

Hi guys,

Just thought I would pop on and let you know how I am getting on. NOT WELL is the answer but that is going to change today.

I am starting properly on the calorie counting today and determined to be posting a loss at the end of the week. I hope you guys don't mind but I thought I would check in with you each week? There doesn't seem to be a lot of action in the calorie counting forum and I would rather be coming back to you guys since I know you (except Shanny and mum2one-haven't spoken to you yet so hi :D).

I went for a 2.3 mile walk yesterday and got absolutely DRENCHED! It was terrible but I felt good afterwards. Think I will keep the walking to fair weather days and then do my Jazzercise DVD on rainy days. Jazzercise for an hour burns off about 4 times more calories than an hour's walk anyway!

Hope you guys are all okay?

Glad to see you back Frances, like we said, WE CAN DO THIS!

Kel your nails are gorgeous!!! I am very jealous because my nails are so short as they keep breaking and I can't get on with false ones. If I wear falsies I end up being unable to get dressed or use my phone or anything!

Anyway, I will stop waffling now!

Gem x

Well hello there Stranger, Missed ya around here, It would be lovely for ya to come back & keep us posted on your progress, The more the merrier..

Loving the new profile pic, Very Sexy indeed..
Well done on taking that 1st step again, I have been shocking lately but took the 1st step again & starting off slowly..

Yeah I hate false nails too, I had them on for my engagement & they wrecked my own nails took me bout 6 months to get them long & strong again, Really love my nail art at the moment..
Glad to see ya back.. ;)

Well girls, I am doing ok today still not 100%, I can feel a headache looming, prob as its detox from all the crap I have ate recently, all I have had today is my oss, loads of tea & loads of water, to be honest I feel fat as fook today, prob water retention buy hey ho, still plodding on..

How is everyone doing? :confused:

Any newbies on Facebook?? x

Afternoon,

Well I got weighed today & I am 12.3 so I have lost 5lb in 4 days, Whooo Hoooooo..

Thats spurred me on.. :D

Keith away with Darts all weekend now, so job for me is gutting my bedroom totally out, My clothes, make-up & shoes are gonna take me days to do, so starting that very soon..
I am supposed to be going round my mates tonight for a sleepover & drinks & food etc but tbh I wanna be good.. :confused:

Later on I am cutting a fringe in my cousins hair & painting her nails for tomorrow night, For the past year & half she has been dieting and has lost 10st.. So she has found some confidence now & started to go out with work, but she doesnt really wear make-up so I am doing her a make-over tomorrow, make-up, hair, nails, lashes.. :D
Trying to teach her a few make up tips..

Anyway will call in tomorrow..

Hugs
xx

Hi guys, well done on the 5lbs Kel, that's fab! You are our Slimmer of the Week lol! Great to see you back Gem, and of course you must come on here, we wouldn't have it any other way and it saves me having to go look up your posts!

Well, I lost a lb and manage to stave off the evil 11's lol! It's hard but I've got to keep at it. Determined to get to my goal by the summer.

I haven't been posting anywhere else to be honest. Just lost interest in Minis because there is no-one to speak to on the calorie counting forums so would rather stop here with the people I know and love :D

I'm wishing for September to hurry up because I will be able to afford to go back on CD. It's funny because I really miss it. It was security for me because it didn't involve thinking or counting. And even though I was failing miserably at it, I was remaining a stable weight. This time, I will not make the same mistake. I want the weight off for good and I do not want to do it again. I am determined to have at least one year at uni being slim, and if it has to be my last year, then so be it. If I do things properly, it will be most of my 2nd year too. Roll on September! x

Gem, will you stop worrying and get on here more often! We're not all doing 100% CD all of the time, we are all just trying to lose weight. You can talk away about calorie counting on here, you won't be banished!! I reckon I am probably on about 1000 cals a day some days. How many are you aiming for? What will change in Sept that will enable you to go back on CD?

Don't know why is easier to do low calorie on CD than it is to count the cals yourself. It must be something to do with the low carb content in CD that helps you not get hungry (altho you are hungry for the first 3 days or so, as you well remember) or maybe it is as you say, not having to think about anything or count cals.

Hang in there, that's all the counts. Anything you can get off now, by calorie counting, will give you a headstart and will stay off I reckon.
Fx

I'm aiming for 1200-1500 a day but counting it all up and trying to work it out is doing my head in.

In September I will get a tuition fee loan so will be able to afford to go back on CD x

y everyone, been off this site too, but I've been doing OK. I really want to finish this time, I've managed not to gain and even lost a couple pounds... nothing great but at least i haven't fallen off!! I really need to be under 200 lbs to start going up plans! I'm getting tired of this routine!

Hi guys,

I've been sitting here thinking about exercise. I have decided that I need to do something that involves attendance to a gym/class because I am more likely to stick at it. I also need something which burns a lot of calories SO I have decided to try spinning and have roped my overweight friend in to come with me.

Has anyone tried it? If so, how did you find it?

I'm so worried about looking ridiculous! I mean I am 20st again now and don't want to be there among lots of hardcore exercise nuts. My friend is about 17st so not as big as me. It's a beginners class so I'm guessing that most people will not have done it before.

I have worked out that by doing it two evenings a week and sticking to a 1500kcals diet, I could lose about 3lbs a week which would be wicked! Even 1lb a week would make me happy plus I would be getting fit.

Hope everyone is doing okay? I'm going to make the effort to write on here each day to try and keep me on track xxx

Never tried spinning, so let us know how it goes. Remember how into Jazzercise you used to be! Also, I am sure there is some kind of a calorie counter thing you can get online, where you just key in what you have had when you get home from uni and that will tell you what you have left for the evening. TBH, if your are eating with you other half, it is probably working out more cost effective to calorie count but if you are buying sandwiches and ready meals, then CD can be just as cheap. Where else can you buy lunch for less than £2? Also, if you are ever passing Asda or Tesco you can buy a meal replacement shake (like a tetra) for less than a quid. You cannot sole source on these but they would gain you some calories the odd day to have one for lunch.

2-3lbs would be fab so stick at it.
Good luck
F

Thanks Frances,

I have just started Jazzercise again. Got a dvd my friend copied for me. She is an instructor. I did 90mins yesterday which is at least 750kcals burned apparently. Probably more because I am so heavy but I felt good afterwards! Hoping to do it 3 times a week at least.

I'm not very imaginative with food so I struggle to meal plan but I will get there. I just can't justify spending £30 odd a week on CD for myself when meals for both of us for the week only costs £35ish. We are so tight for money at the moment I don't know how we have survived for so long. At least the money pressure will be off in September so that is one less stress to worry about! x

Sounds like you are doing all you can and just need to hang in there. Think portion sizes. That is the real key -- it is not what you eat but how much of it -- as a wide variety is good. I am really convinced that losing it eating real food will help it to stay off.

90 minutes of Jazzercise! Wow! That's impressive. Keep that up three times a week and the lbs will just fall off you!!

Hi emzie,

I'm sure there is a vacancy going but you better wait for nightowl to confirm that. Even if there is no space (which there should be because I don't think they even do the team challenge now :confused:) you can still chat with us! We all need the extra support anyway :) x

Hi guys,

Just reporting in that I got up this morning at 6.45 and I have done another hour of Jazzercise. I am so motivated with the exercise now so that's something at least. Just need to crack the eating habits and I'll be well on the way to success!

How is everyone doing? x

Funny thing Gem, I woke up at 7am this morning and considered going to swim......and then went back to sleep! Sounds like you are getting your mojo back, which is great, as you are so inspiring when you are on track. Certainly things are much better when you post daily, so keep at it no matter what. Wish these showers would go away. I am scared to go out for a run along the seafront in case I get soaked!

Emzie, I have no idea how many there are on this team these days, about 4/5 of us I reckon, but as Gem says, now we no longer do the team challenge the restriction of 6 no longer applies, so fire away. Welcome!
Frances

Last edited:
Back