The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Lost 1lb last night, not great but I really don't have enough water. Back to wednesday weighing in which is so much better!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hx

:wow:4 Lbs! Well done Gem! Just goes to show exercise does help in the end! You've really set the tone for the week, Gem, like a lucky mascot! Hope this is a great WI week for us all!!!

You'll be in the 17's next week, just wait and see!

Don't worry, Helen, it's still a loss and you know how it could have been more so start glugging that water. I weigh on a Wednesday too. So let's get to work.

Thanks Frances! The Open Uni have totally annoyed me! I cancelled my courses and they reckon I have to keep paying for one of them because I registered on it so early or something. But they have given me 80% of my course fee (£240) to spend on other OU courses. So, since I have to keep paying for that I have to put the A Level Archaeology on hold as I can't afford both. In the meantime I have signed up for a short course in Archaeology through the OU which starts in November. At least I will still be busy!!!

Didn't get the job by the way. Bit gutted but it's obviously not meant to be. I think I will try and hold out until I get to target and then train as a CDC (hopefully!!!) xxx

Helen, don't worry it will pick up next time. Water is the key-make sure you drink more and you will notice the difference xxx

Hey I'm really sorry you didn't get the job, and so's my pussycat, Ally! She was rooting for you too! You know that this means that something better will definitely come up. And as for OU!!! But the short course sounds good, it will really give you an idea if you like it and want to do the A level.

I walked about 6 miles today. I did 8 miles a couple of weeks ago but I was very stiff the next day so it will be interesting to see if I'm OK tomorrow for doing a slightly shorter walk.

How much water do you drink each day Gem? I aim for 3 litres, which I do most days, on a bad day, about 2 litres.

Don't forget you lost 4 lbs! Woohoo!

Last edited:
woohoo!!! just checked my weigh in card and i have lost 3.5st now!!!! that's another good milestone :D also had to increase my target on the October challenge as i only have 1lb to go so put it up to 18lbs meaning i have 5lbs to go. i can do that!!!

my next weigh in is on Tues 28th as i am going away for a long weekend next weekend. so i'm hoping for a good result then!! after 11 days if i only lose 3lbs i will be gutted!

i drink 4.5l a day usually but have recently upped it to 5l when i can as now i use water flavourings i find it easier to get down!

just realised that i am losing well over 1st a month so i should be at my target by about March-April! Yay!!! xxx

You are doing so well. Fancy having to up your monthly target! And it also goes to prove that exercise does not slow your weight loss, which is great.

The good thing about you weighing in on a Sat, is that even by weighing on a Tuesday, you won't miss a week on the team, yay! Where are you going to for your weekend away? Visiting people or a romantic getaway??

I might try and up my water intake a little as I really want to make a concerted effort between now and Christmas to maximise my losses. I dream of a stone a month!! Gonna aim for 4 litres tomorrow. Hard today as I am visiting my niece.

Morning everyone!

Had a great time at the wedding, drank sparkling water all day ate meat and veg avoided the buffett and breakfast this morning and guess what.........??

I've lost 3lbs!! On AAM week!!!! Wasn't expecting that at all i'm really pleased. (I'm in the 14's im in the 14's! (sung to the tune of i'm in the money lol) Not been here for 8 years or so can't wait to see what i look like in the 13's! fingers crossed for xmas.

Has anyone seen GT? just waiting for her last weeks result before i can post the team result.

Gem, i'm really sorry about your job hun, but huge congrats on your 4lb for next weeks results fantastic!

Frances, think i might follow your lead and take the dogs, toddler and hubby for a nice walk later.

Off to post on the 100% thread now Gem!

H xxx

well done Hayley!!! fantastic news!!!

haven't seen GT and she hasn't been on msn lately either. hope she is ok!!!

maybe she has gone away or got no internet or something. slightly odd for her not to be about though :( x

Well done, Hayley. That's about what I lose on average with adding a small meal. Glad you had a good time AND lost 3lbs!!!

Helen lost 1 lb, me 2lbs, you 3lbs, and I think Gem lost 3lbs (Sat before last remember, is that right?). No sign of GTPeach. Can you post our results as they stand, because the cut off time is 6pm today.

Enjoy your walkies!

Don't worry frances, i record all of the results as they come in, i can post the team results as they stand brb.

xx

Team results:

No result from Gt as yet so 5 results only.

This weeks Shrinking Violets Slimmer of The Week goes to ......................Me! lol Yay

Thinkthincd -4lbs 1.86%
Smurf -3lbs 1.53%
Soontobelittlegem -3lbs 1.14%
Francesmag -2lbs 1.10%
Pbfhpunk -1lb 0.48%

Team percentage 1.22%

xxx

Yep, it looks pretty good! Well done on being our biggest loser. I'll give you a race for you money this week now that I'm in the CD 100% Club LOL!

i've just been merrily making a badge for the slimmer of the week for the 100% club. i'm very proud of it! grand unveiling on Weds night! xxx

right ladies, i am off for the night, so hopefully chat to you all tomorrow night after what i presume will be another crap day at work!!! xxx

Not long now Gem, you will be a fab cdc!

Hows everyone else today? I'm back on SS and feeling much better, not keen on that food stuff anymore, i was so anxious all week about what to eat at the wedding what not to eat that in the end i just stuck to 810, its far too complex.

Now trying to think further ahead to the next planned occasion, hubbys 30th bday dinner dance i'm thinking of moving up to the 1000 plan the week before, as thats what foxed me this time. I was waiting to come out of ketosis so that i could look forward to drinking and eating.....it never happened i stayed firmly in the pink and after reading some alcohol/ketosis related info decided it wasn't worth the risk. Not sure what to do over xmas really, i seem to have lost my binge mechanism which has been replaced with a guilt one so i don't seem to enjoy the thought of food anymore. I really hope this changes when i move up the plans as i don't want to be a food hater, i love to cook! I just want to be able to eat a normal sized meal rather than one for a family of four lol.

Oops rambled on again, i really should start a diary rather than rambling on all over our team page!

How is everyone finding CD now, we are all experienced cd's now, i just wondered if anyone else has experienced an attitiude shift/change.

xxx

Hi Hayley!

Thanks for the CDC compliment. I hope I will be a great one!

Well done on sticking to 810 for the wedding. I admire your willpower!

With regards to a shift in attitude, I still worship CD like some sort of goddess! I am still finding it super easy and loving the fact that I have lost 3.5st in 11 weeks. I'm so pleased!!!

If it wasn't for CD, I would probably be going insane right now. Hate my job, hate where I'm living (with the future in laws!!!), can't decide on my future blah blah blah. CD is so clean cut and simple! I LOVE IT!!!!

How is everyone else today? Any sign of GT yet? xxx

hi gem sorry your not happy in your job but i think you will get somthing you like soon so you can move on and be happy!

ive lost 5lbs this week so im very happy!!..xx

hi to everyone else hope your all doing well!...xx

thanks smurf! i should really stop moaning about it!!! trouble is when you spend most of your week doing something you hate it tends to outweigh all the positives. oh well!

i'm not weighing in until Tues 28th as I am going away for 4 days starting Friday! Yay! Will be back on Tues and will post my result then.

Gem xxx

Back